Has UCP been completely replaced by the OCP yet, or do people still wear it

Has UCP been completely replaced by the OCP yet, or do people still wear it

Attached: 1000x667_q95.jpg (1000x667, 253K)

A ton of reserve units, including guys still stateside, are still wearing UCP. OCP is most likely going to guys at the front first. Uniform situation is a bit of a cluster atm.

It's been a cluster for years. I remember when I enlisted in 2007 they still had chucklefucks in DCUs

There will still be army flags wearing ucp whenever the army adopts a new utility uniform after they get tired of ocp. They are woefully incompetent when it comes to fielding uniforms in a timely matter. Also, their uniforms suck.

Anything is better than the first-run UCP uniforms, which were basically made out of construction paper.

Guard here. 2 years later after filling out the sizing order sheet I finally just got the last pieces of the uniform issued. The top's too small, I'm still rockin' UCP.

Oh wow, it's the same with LATPAT and MultiLATPAT, and whatever the new one is called, which I doubt I'll live to be issued.

How good is ocp?

I remember how excited I was when the new uniforms came out, but that turned to shit pretty quickly. BDUs were fine.

>early 2010s
merciful Christ. How long were the old European cammies in for?

Man I would rather have had DCUs

Why can't the ARMY get their shit together when it comes to choosing, fielding, and sticking with a uniform for more than 10 years. Also why are all their uniforms so embarrassing to look at?

ywn have a camo this a e s t h e t i c

Attached: based.jpg (640x423, 60K)

Everyone who even has the slightest chance of facing combat is using OCP. The leftover UCP has been relegated to rando who cares units and oil rags.

Attached: sad but true.png (1885x753, 354K)

I love that fucking camo so much

Everyone who is worth a goddamn has multicam.

Anybody left in OEF-CP?

that damn PV1 with the energy drink in formation

>chad air force officer on the right
>the slovenly Muhreen on the left

That's a butterbar, not a missing rank

Just about entirely switched over. September 30 is the last day UCP is authorized. Even most national guard units have it. In a field environment you may still see it on pansies that dont want to get their new uniforms dirty. Everyone else in this thread is talking out of their asses.

In my unit most people with ucp stuff still wear it. Most IOTVs for people not deploying soon are ucp since the ocp ones go to dudes who will need them. A decent amount of rucks, assault packs, woobies, and ponchos are still ucp since so much were made in that pattern. Deployed everyone uses ocp but stateside we have this ugly mix of ucp and ocp.

Disgusting. Should have just gone with OD green for kit

Wear-out date for ucp and multicam (note this is different than ocp) acus has come and gone for the regular army. If they're still wearing it they're wrong.
It took so long to field because everyone has to buy their own uniforms. Yes, you are issued 4 as part of your initial clothing bag, but all maintenance and replacement is up to the individual. Enlisted are subsidized with a clothing allowance, but its typically only enough for one complete uniform. The wear out date was announced with enough time to fully replace 4 uniforms using the clothing allowance.
All that said, I had to buy a whole new service uniform in my time in (greens to blues) and I was issued bdu in basic for some fucking reason, which I had to replace with acu as soon as I got to my first duty station. I just embraced the weenie and became an early adopter of all uniform changes. Sad that I missed the pinks and greens desu famalam.

fuck i WISH. would be kino

you're wrong. the wear out date is 30 September 2019.

i have one of my grandpa's old WW2 canteen pouches with the metal molle slide thingys and snap button top in OD green on my iotv. nobody's told me to take it off yet

It's good. It works adequately for most things and doesn't look totally retarded, which is really all you can ask for in a camo pattern. The quality of the new uniforms is also acceptable. They don't rapidly fade or come cut in potato sack shape like multicams did. The velcro sucks more and they're maybe a tiny bit less sturdy than the late stage UCP uniforms. Removing the integral knee and elbow pad spaces was a good move, putting zippers on the shoulder pockets and leaving the current chest pocket configuration instead of going for traditional vertical pockets like on older uniforms were both mistakes but look cooler than the alternative.

Over all, it's fine and does what it's supposed to do.

Because people make huge money off of this shit. Developing new patterns, new uniform cuts, new fucking everything is a big industry. People wouldn't make as much money if we just wore OD greens, even though those would be equivalent or better at almost everything. I don't know if it would even be all that much worse at being actual functional camouflage.

Attached: 1551544768852.jpg (480x360, 44K)

Whoops, I got out a while ago. I though it was last September.

The fucking national guard unit in my small ass town has OCP wtf

> OCP is most likely going to guys at the front first.

They issue it in basic, tf are you talking about.

when i was in basic training last year at FLW one of the NCOs at Reception was still wearing UCP. I can't remember much about him because reception was a blur of "STOP TALKING!!!!!!!!!" and medical bullshit but I remember seeing that unmistakeable grey mass of pixels and thinking "what the fuck?"

It's still authorized through the wear-out date of UCP. I see guys with it occasionally.

the most recent cut for the ACU is a godsend.

getting rid of that autistic mandarin collar was a great move and having zippers on the shoulder pockets looks way better than the velcro secured ones.

I dont know about army regs, but af has OD authorized for a few things still.

Fun fact: the woodland parks can still be worn with the FDU

camo is fuckin gay dude
>me so sneaky me hide in woods like ninja
hot pink should be standard issue camo doesn't do shit besides make you act and look like a cringe womanchild lmao

I loved my DCUs. No Velcro.

Yeah

>No velcro
>NO BOOT SHINING
>No creases unless you're CoC is in the top 2% of NCO autism

DCU >> BDU

>BOOT SHINING
We wasted so much time on that in basic that would've been much better spent on actual training. Literally just sit around for a couple hours and shine boots.

Its great, because if you go to Afghanistan you STILL get a complete full issue of Multicam anyway. Plus Scorpion. Its a fucking joke.

Got out last year, but I ended up with an entire uniform and OCIE issue of; UCP, Multicam, and Scorpion, and got to keep about half my turn in too.

Yeah, but the down time was not bad

DCUs are aesthetic as fuck

Attached: Untitled.png (400x420, 307K)