AMOS

Redpill me about this finnish wunderwaffe, I know you can, Jow Forums.

Attached: AMOS.jpg (864x600, 60K)

Other urls found in this thread:

armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/09/13/incoming-mortars-are-getting-some-serious-upgrades-with-renewed-army-interest/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

BENIS!!!!!111!!!1
XXXXXXXDDDDDDDDDD

Good equipment, but far too expensive compared to competitors. They downsized to Nemo, which was fine; but then went full retard and did Mjolnir. A regular mortar would be better than that.

Why two tubes? I used to think that it was to alternate between them so you could sustain a better rof without overheating the tube, but all the videos i have seen fire the two tubes at once.

Daily reminder that f*nland never won a war.

What would be the impact spread downrange? If it’s close to overlapping shrapnel range than the two impacts close enough to each other makes whatever is between the two impacts much more shrapnel’d

What's that strange vehicle in the background on OPs picture?

Early, unarmored Archer

I don't know. But one just flew over my house!!!!!

Attached: 1553986201754.gif (312x213, 973K)

Something to do with how most of the casualties happen at the first shot, i.e. when the target doesn't have time to find cover, I believe. So you fire two shots at once for maximum lethality. Don't quote me on that, though.

>A regular mortar would be better than that.
No it wouldnt. Stop beeing retarded.

>checked
You are pretty much correct.

Attached: amos.jpg (1024x694, 272K)

Yes, it would. Way cheaper, more reliable, it can be towed, mounted in an open-top APC, or in a recoiling mount off a 4x4.

The Mjolnir is a procurement fuckup that combines the complexity and cost of an autoloading turret with the performance of manually loaded gun, and it effectively open to the air.

>Yes, it would. Way cheaper, more reliable, it can be towed, mounted in an open-top APC, or in a recoiling mount off a 4x4
No its not. Thats what we are using today, and it takes several minutes to come into action, has a much slower RoF and is far more vunerable to counter battery fire. It also cant keep up with the mechanized battalions.

>The Mjolnir is a procurement fuckup
No, its infact a really good example of a procurment, the cancellation of the AMOS system is the fuckup here, but that was done 10+ years ago, and we cant do anything about it now.

The Mjölner is roughly 20% of the cost of what AMOS would have ended up to be, so no, it isnt even close to beeing as expensive. And it has far superior preformance to a manually loaded gun, in both protection, speed, rate of fire and MRSI.

YOU GUYS SHIT A NUKE JUST FLEW OVER MY HOU-

I am not the guy you are talking to, but seriously, RoF? I have had the fortune to serve in a light mortar team(81 mm , non-vehicle mounted) for some time, and it can fire fucking FAST. Like 5 rounds in 10 seconds for an experienced guy. NO WAY IN HELL do I believe that the muzzle loaded Mjolnir will fire faster than that, and the videoes released from BAE also suggests that. Prove me fucking wrong.

They won the winter war.

They "lost" the continuation war. However, unlike their neighbors to the south, they were able to maintain their independence.

81mms are a thing, but 120mm is rather different. And it can sustain a higher RoF, even if the initial RoFmight be slightly slower.

>The Mjölner is roughly 20% of the cost of what AMOS would have ended up to be, so no, it isnt even close to beeing as expensive.

there you go again with dumb procurement memes.

The Mjolnir is cheaper than A and more performant than B, but it's not the kind of stable, superior compromise that gives 80% performance at 20% cost. It's a 80% cost/20% performance style worst of both disguised by the fact that its raw numbers are superficially better.

Get a Bv 206 with a CARDOM in back.

>Every single thread

Jesus christ you are autistic...

It literally is tho. It gives us basically all we asked from AMOS, but at at 20% of the cost. Hell, it even has a better rate of fire then AMOS has.

>Get a Bv 206 with a CARDOM in back.

>Protection is a meme

>Redpill me about this Swedish wunderwaffe
ftfy

And for what did you use those 80's?Cause there is a massive difference between a 80 and a 120, including what you are supposed to be shooting at

Attached: tundzha.jpg (3000x2000, 2.24M)

>stanag II isn't good enough for indirect platforms

bumping it up to IV won't save you from prefrag rockets anyway.

Bv 206 has no protection, it's all glass and glass fiber.

The 206S is rated for 7,62 i think

You are correct in that the Bv 308 (also known as Bv 206s) has protection from small arms fire, but the 206 does not.

Attached: homoryssä.png (720x513, 47K)

Yet another wonderful, 2007-dated article from the source that calls itself the Pravda Report. Do not miss other sound and trustworthy articles from the same site, like "Aliens forced Americans out from the Moon" in 2007 and "Nuclear strike hits Yemen" in 2015.

what the hell is that vehicle in the background?

That is but one of many reports to the same effect. Homosexual rape and sexual abuse is a major problem in the Russian military.

Quick question about the mjolnir. Does it use regular 120mm mortar rounds that is interchangeable with infantry mortars?

LOL'd at your butthurt, mongol. why are you on Jow Forums? don't you have to volunteer at a migrant community center and offer them your mom, sister, your own butthole?

Attached: 1537217379887.png (761x1222, 90K)

Cope harder, they lost both.

Yes.

Yes yes, and Vietnam lost their war too, we both know what your autistic ass is on about. Could you now please fuck off from Jow Forums and Jow Forums?

t. not even a finn

Close enough.

AHEM
>Multiple Rounds Simultaneous Impact

Attached: 800px-Evers_AMOS.svg.png (800x600, 44K)

Vietnam won, cope.

Yes. They originally wanted to reuse old infantry mortars to save costs, but it turned out that the Swedish military didn't have any to spare, since most had been given to the Baltic states in the hope that said states would work as a buffer against Russia.

Why did they win and Finland didnt?

Both wars ended with the big power leaving on their own.

Attached: 1553880680982s.jpg (125x122, 2K)

>Daily reminder that f*nland never won a war.
Aside from capturing Moscow in 1610 etc
Polish–Muscovite War (1605–1618)
Then the whole crushing the ottomans at Vienna
But most notable is probably defeating Lenin in the soviet invasion of Poland in 1919-21

Soviet objective: take control of Finland and establish pro-communist government to strengthen borders from western invasions
Outcome of Objective: massive loss in world prestige, high casualty and equipment losses, failure to establish friendly communist government, failure to eliminate potential enemy threat on border.

They lost the Winter War you idiot

It's nice. 120mm mortars are fucking massively great rounds, and you get twice the rounds on target in the timespan it takes for one. The initial moments of a bombardment are where the most casualties are produced. After people get in cover, casualty rates drop.So you want to get more shells landing at the very start. Enter the AMOS.

Posting this again to show the insanity that could be new mortars.
>Response Time of Initial Receipt: 30 seconds after receipt of fire mission if emplaced, 60 seconds after receipt of fire mission if moving (Threshold)
>Response Time of Fire and Move: Capable of accepting fire missions, firing and moving up to 750 meters on dry, hard surfaces within 90 seconds of identifying a potential enemy (Threshold) and "shoot on the move" (Objective) capability.
>Lethality- Rate of Fire: Must provide a Maximum Rate of Fire (MROF) of at least 16 rounds per minute at maximum increment for 1 minute followed by a sustained rate of fire (SROF) of 6 rounds per minute at maximum increment indefinitely (Threshold). It is desired that the weapon be capable of being fired at the MROF of 24 rounds per minute for 2 minutes and maintain a SROF of 12 rounds per minute indefinitely (Objective).

armytimes.com/news/your-army/2018/09/13/incoming-mortars-are-getting-some-serious-upgrades-with-renewed-army-interest/

>the Polish historical /PAIN/ makes them triggered and respond with wikipedia-tier history even to the posts that don't mention their country at all.
Except that's not even wikipedia-tier history - because even Wikipedia recognized that the Polish-Soviet war is called that (and not the opposite) because Poland was the aggressor.

If it isn't firing at maximum range, it can fire rounds multiple different trajectories that will hit the target area at simultaneously. Wonders of modern fire control systems.

Arty and mortars have been doing it since WWII

Putting dozen rounds from a single firing unit with little to no planning is something that wasn't possible until not too long ago.

>Redpill me about this finnish wunderwaffe, I know you can, Jow Forums.
Like everything Finnish, it's shit.

Attached: finland mongol asian.jpg (1161x929, 107K)

Based

Wonder where this guy could be posting from

Attached: totally not a russian shill.jpg (1000x689, 1.05M)

US has officially declared that the main goal of the war is to maintain the RVN regime against a communist revolution.

USSR has officially declared that the main goal of the war is to take territories in Karelia, Kola and in the Gulf of Finland to make Leningrad and Arkhangelsk more defensible.

RVN fell. Vietnam was taken over by a communist regime, completely.

Finland has ceded territory that constituted 11% of it's territory and 20% of it's economic capacity to the USSR.😂

AMOS is not just two shots but 12-16 round MRSI, double that if there's another vehicle firing, and scoot before the rounds even land.

swedes are the retards with mjolnir.

>muh russians
pollacks and finns are the most butthurt people alive. they blame everything and anything on muh russians. you're a fucking failure of a nation.

Attached: 1547370873136.jpg (435x344, 63K)

>implying im not a burger
we have a healthy appreciation for any underdog country who defends their sovereignty against foreign aggressors. Well, at least as long as the foreign aggressors aren't us. That being said the russiaboo cope in this thread is fucking palpable.

What are you even on about? If they only intended to take Karelia, Kola and the Gulf, why did they invade all of Finland. In the documents found from one of the division HQs it clearly states that all of Finland should be taken if possible, and some parts of northern Sweden.

Also, if we are going to declare who won by looking at one sides main goals, Finlands main goal was to not end up a Soviet puppet, so they fullfilled their main goal too.

If we're also going to do this, the US successfully brokered a peace before it fucked off. Said peace did last for several years. The RVN didn't fall while the US was still involved, and they successfully brought the conflict to a conclusion.

I can understand that, but the videos i watched showed the rounds falling as close as the tubes are. At first, i thought that they counted on the natural dispersion of mortar rounds to cover a wide area, but the video showed what it looked like a single explosion.
My uneducated point is that you could cover more area (so more casualties) per unit time if you could add to the barrels some kind of small lateral movement, so the rounds fired land at same range but wit bigger lateral dispersion (sorry about my english), working like a two mortars battery.

Except Soviet goal was to conquer and subdue the whole Finland, that's why Kuusinen started Finnish Peoples Republic in Moscow.

Listen Sergei, I’m sorry my Grandad posed for pictures with your dead popsicle grandad, and your great uncle and their cousins, and neighbors!
Next war we’ll be more sensitive to your needs and just kill your people by the thousands without taking any pictures.

Also we’re going to need Karelia back pretty soon. So your going to want to leave. Because this time Britain and the US won’t be there to save you.
Or feed you, cloth you, give you trucks, tanks, trains or planes or fuel.

Attached: 7D95A340-D6F0-4F71-8872-BCAB22D64DA1.png (800x1240, 142K)

That’s rich. What will you russian serfs do when Czar Putin dies?

Attached: E8B9B0F7-462F-42BB-AAF7-8AF1EECFDFC8.jpg (1024x724, 122K)

2 tubes > 1 tube

Just wait until you have your own little "border incident" with China when they roll over your eastern border, Vladimir

You know it's coming!

I actually believe this guy is a finnish SJW. Finnish elections are coming and they are losing to "True Finns", big time!

think of it like this: you want to have a computer-assisted lay, vehicle-mounted mortar system that can do both MRSI and fire-on-the-move, that alone weighs tons because of the turret it's going to be mounted on, so might as well make it two tubes instead of just one for relatively little added weight (if you want to put your 120mm mortar on a vehicle/boat that can't mount two 120mm tubes you can still get the NEMO), thus doubling the firepower without doubling the weight and/or cost.

>Russia
>their own little "border incident" with China
Already happened, retard. China lost every single one of those.

I thought it was "Basic Finns".

nobody seems to have mentioned that the rounds used by these mortars still have exposed charges. Firing one tube while there's a round being loaded into the next tube could result in a turret-throwing incident

the literal translation is "Fundamental Finns" or "Basic Finns", "True Finns" is something they decided to call themselves in English because it sounds better than any of the more accurate translations

Actually the translation PS prefers is Finns. At least Blue Treason isn't getting anywhere. Too bad that our current defense minister decided to jump the ship, but as far as I know it he did to prevent idiots taking over the role after the party split.

this is just my opinion, but I think when the founder of a party sides with the guys leaving said party the people leaving the party can hardly be called traitors

They all failed their voters. PS got popular mostly because of Halla-aho. They left the party because rank and file members of party voted for Halla-aho instead of party leaderships candidate for party president. Reality is that previous party leadership failed miserably. They had one job in the cabinet, to get the seat of minister of interior, instead Soini avoided ministry of finance in favor of getting ministry of foreign affairs. It is unspoken rule that second biggest party will get the minister finance in cabinet. Quite frankly for PS policies, only cabinet seats that mattered were minister of interior and minister of defense. Everything else was irrelevant.

We won Lapland war cuck

>finnish SJW
how bad is the infestation, finnbros?

Bad and getting worse unless True Finns get 60% in the coming elections and start forcefully deporting gommies again

Bad. The three traditional major parties are all insane.

Recently a nigger in Åbo Academy called her coworkers in the department of gender studies homogangsters and their solution to the problem was to cleanse the atmosphere with a salt crystal ceremony. I am not even joking.

You switched sides you fucking losers.

It was either that or get raped by Red Army

>They left the party because rank and file members of party voted for Halla-aho instead of party leaderships candidate for party president.
curiously it's the less racist/xenophobic members who left the party to found a new one, the truth is that the PS Soini founded was a very different party from the one he left in 2017, the party's acceptance of members closer to the traditional right-wing ideals in order to gain wider support bit the party in the ass & the ones who couldn't accept the direction the party was heading to _had to_ leave the party, is it really treachery to leave a party that has been hijacked by people who have little to do with the ideals the party originally stood for?

>Bad and getting worse
Man, that fucking sucks. Seems like one is safe, not even based finns. Can you elaborate more on what's going on with finnish society and politics?

Okay, loser.

True Finns should be turned into a containment party for all of the retards who should never be entrusted with any kind of presence in Eduskunta

don't get me wrong, commies should all be deported, it's just that True Finns are simply the other side of the same fucking coin just like NSDAP was the other side of the same coin with the German communists being the other side

They should be turned into a right-wing death squad that hunts down faggots like you.

Soo... Just like you then?

The parody horizon has been passed. Zoomers will vote almost exclusively for the greens due to herd mentality and Marxist opinion influence since elementary or middle school. Boomers and other dumbasses will most likely vote social democrats just because our current neo-liberal right wing government fucked them over big time. And to top all of that, every major party has refused to collaborate with the Finns party, which seems to be the only party that supports gun ownership rights,especially now that they have risen in popularity in polls. It is going to be fuck

>True Finns
>NSDAP

Start reading some other paper than Hesari.

Also refer to thisIt really happened and was reported by MSM

>a left-wing populist party should be turned into what is basically the armed wing of the NSDAP aka SA and later SS
did you even think about what you wrote before you clicked "Post", or are you simply trolling?

Do you even think? I mean in general.

I haven't read Hesari in years, commies are a cancer but the thing is they are a cancer that has remained more or less contained ever since 1918, the opposite (currently represented by PS) needs to be dealt with the same way.

I do, I swore an Oath to protect Finland, her people and her legal system as well as do my utmost to make it known should I ever discover something that might undermine those, the way I see it PS is a threat to at least two out of three of the aforementioned things.

Get back on topic, for fucks sake!

Did you know they tried installing Nemo on a Jurmo-class landing craft? The idea was to provide a mobile heavy mortar platform for the amphibious forces, who normally rely on light mortars only. The project seems to have stalled, and I haven't heard anything about it for years.
Some say the platform is too unstable to provide the accuracy the Navy wished for.

Attached: on3c.jpg (800x476, 42K)

You understand how useless that would be at the actual range of the mortar. The dispersion would be huge.