Steyr AUG vs PWS MK116 Mod 2

If Jow Forums could only pick one and why

Attached: augvs.png (1341x468, 647K)

Of the two listed, get the Steyr as it's not an AR with a piston system retrofitted in it. If you want a high end AR buy KAC or Hodge Defense.

I'd take any rifle over the AUG

Our army uses the AUG and it's a clunky piece of shit

What makes the Hodge Defense worth the $2,850 price tag?

Why?

if you have to carry it through conscription and become a fireams dealer afterwards and sell it professionally you kind of either love it to death or hate it to death

there is no middle ground with the AUG

Fair enough but what is your experience with the weapon system's overall performance?

it's heavy
chunky
terrible trigger
sharp safety you scratch yourself on constantly
horrible loading lever if you get a picatinny rail A2 or A3
price policy by Steyr in Europe
parts support by Steyr in Europe
modern Steyr by itself

list goes on

also no aftermarket support to speak of up until recently (which isn't the rifles fault though)

Did it at least run reliably?

reliability speaking the .223s are running fine

the (commercial) 9mm ones are horrible pieces of shit

I wouldn't have considered 9mm for it anyway. Thanks for all the input.

Steyr AUG all day

Why?

Its not made by mutts.

hypothetical question: say if you found...twenty 30 round magazines that you accidentally acquired and didn't return when you left the military, and you're in a country that prohibits 30 round magazines...do you think you could send them to someone in America for $20 each and not get a pineapple from customs and the government?

Does customs check outgoing mail? I'm asking a purely hypothetical question ofc.

for increased clarity on this hypothetical question, they are steyr magazines. I thought this thread would be a good place to ask.

Also is $20 per magazine reasonable?

The one that's not an AUG. AUG is only cool to have because it was in counterstrike, it's not what I would choose for a practical weapon.

New mags are a little cheaper than that here.

Never played counterstrike so it's definitely appealing for other reasons. I hear its the best bullpup.

It is the best bullpup. Bullpups kind of suck in general though.

But I like them. The MDR is on my list too once they fix the issues.

Then buy it if it's what you really want lol. Did you actually want advice or just validation for wanting an AUG? If you want to get autistic about all the little things like reload times and accuracy and triggers and split times when transitioning targets and all that bullshit then yeah I stick to my previous assessment that it's a less than optimal format and not what I would choose if I could only have one gun. The AUG is however a reliable, acceptably accurate, and durable military grade rifle that is used in combat. That's the actually important thing, it's not like it's a shitty gun or something. All the other little things don't matter very much and don't matter at all if you don't get training and practice a lot. Buy what you think is the most cool and will make you get warm fuzzies and want to bring it to the range a lot. I would avoid the MDR though, I don't really trust meme guns that haven't seen combat.

OP I hear the AUG's trigger is really bad. fyi.