The Matrix at Twenty

It premiered March 31st, 1999 - and was a pretty Jow Forums movie, even before Jow Forums existed. How about a Matrix thread, with all 90s aesthetics welcome!

Attached: MV5BNzQzOTk3OTAtNDQ0Zi00ZTVkLWI0MTEtMDllZjNkYzNjNTc4L2ltYWdlXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNjU0OTQ0OTY@._V1_.jpg (2100x3156, 3.68M)

Other urls found in this thread:

imfdb.org/wiki/(The_Matrix)_-_Mouse's_Shotguns
bbc.com/culture/story/20190319-the-matrixs-male-power-fantasy-has-dated-badly
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>people born in 99 are 20 now
>I'm fucking 22
Where does it all go anons?

Attached: 8F090295-B723-4976-86FD-C60F3A560063.png (960x958, 635K)

Feel old yet?

rip in peace boss looking dusters

in b4 naturalselection.jpg

KMFDM
BETTER THAN THE BEST

you feel old at 20?
wth zoomer?! seriously, how can you and i both start feeling old but i'm 31 and you're barely military age.
i'm not sure if i should feel good or bad about myself.

>lobby gunfight scene
>Neo is shooting cops with a pair of Skorpion SMGs
>show 5.56 brass falling around his feet
Goddammit. They had one job.

Attached: 634563456345.jpg (600x248, 37K)

you know? i never noticed it and i care about shit like that.
watched it several times. maybe cos i never Identified those SMGs

yeah these cases are probbably the worst thing in the entire movie

Attached: akimbo shotguns.webm (576x240, 2.43M)

Still good to this day though. One of those films that aged well. I will admit it is one of those films that did get me thinking more different types of what if scenarios. I already had a duster, worked with computers since early 1992 and fresh out of the army when I first saw it on video.

I don't mind them so much, since they're entirely fictional prop guns, instead of a real gun being misrepresented.

>tfw 22 in september

IS WASNT MEANT TO BE LIKE THIS BROS WHY AM I SO FUCKING ELDERLY FUUUUUUUUUUUUUCK

It was a glitch in the Matrix. See? All better now.

WAAAAAAAKE UPPPPP
WAAAAAAAKE UPPPPP
WAAAAAAAKE UPPPPP
WAAAAAAAAAKE UPPPPP
WAKE UP AUGH

I'm almost 40. Time just keeps accelerating faster, the older you get. A week feels like a day used to, now.

MEGALOMANIACAL AND HARDER THAN THE REST

Attached: 1553746041276.png (300x366, 218K)

They aren't fictional. Those guns he is firing are completely real and functional.

imfdb.org/wiki/(The_Matrix)_-_Mouse's_Shotguns

Gross. Can't we just move on and forget these sort of horrible movies were ever made?

bbc.com/culture/story/20190319-the-matrixs-male-power-fantasy-has-dated-badly

Attached: sorry alt-right but your power fantasy movie is horrible.png (1569x843, 1.84M)

Attached: 1496467357333.jpg (663x579, 39K)

Wait until your 50

How do we make these aesthetics Jow Forums again without invoking school shootings?

Attached: FINAL+1050+STUDIO+10.jpg (750x1125, 134K)

Carrie Anne Moss. Still would.

Can I just go back and re-do thirty? I'll be way better at it this time.

by making sure that dorky-looking, out of shape dudes don't wear stuff like that. only handsome, manly men with nice, strong bodies wear them

They already are, desu, unless you already look creepy or it's out of season.

20 years and film critics still haven't figured out that it's basically a live-action anime tribute with scenes and themes directly ripped off from other cyber punk series. The talking penis on Atlantic is pining over how Hollywood will never create a film so original and innovative again. The older a film gets the more bullshit value people attribute to it. And now the directors are both trannies, go figure.

Attached: untitled.jpg (520x418, 28K)

gay bait

>watch it again expecting nice gun shit because based Jow Forumseanu
>99% of people using guns are dual wielding

Attached: 1545924653700.png (960x960, 275K)

I mainly feel young because I haven't had sex yet. I'm 26, but I still feel like a boy.

Mouse went down like a fuckin' boss.

>26
>still virgin
user I....

I don’t think you can read, user. The armorer made them for the movie, and nowhere does it say they’ll fire live ammo

I kind of want both to win. The Valor (tilt rotor) has more than double the range of the Defiant (tail prop chopper). But the Defiant is more agile and can fit inbetween buildings better. They're both worthy upgrades to the blackhawk. It just depends on whether you use blackhawks for transport or for attack.

Attached: 1540874108961.png (373x386, 210K)

Off target.

I don't know how. I'm scared to even try.

Oops.

Try being born on September 12 1994 faggot.

Get on my level bitch

A digital pimp hard at work. Based Mouse. RIP.

I was born in 1973.
My boyfriend was born in 1998.
Feels good senpai.

>White male power fantasy!
>Not enough fear of fascism!
>Where's muh anxiety of global warming?!
>Mundane and dull cubicle life is boomer problem!
>Keanu is a whit- oh, his got mixed parents?
What the FUCK is wrong with these legit NPC """journalists""" these days?

Attached: gas the zoomers.png (505x640, 656K)

They’re SJWs

Don't feel bad because like a quarter of the population is in the same position.

Pee pee goes in girl pee pee
Don't worry, I lasted 15 my first time and I think I have some problems because I can't cum for like 3 or more hours sometimes. I have little sensitivity
As long as you don't have this problem women will want to stay with you out if pride for making you cum fast

Sounds pretty gay desu

Attached: images (1).jpg (257x196, 10K)

Attached: 1526842398955.gif (480x270, 604K)

It neither denies if those can fire live ammo. Shotguns don't have massive chamber pressures, there is a reason to assume that those might be functional with live ammo as well. Simple pipe shoguns are a real thing and those guns look a lot like pipe shotguns with electrically driven feed mechanism that might be bit impractical to reload.

when was the last time this kind of big movie was produced lately?

Movie from 20 years ago doesn't subscribe to their ideology. Also as if 90's hackers weren't political activists, they just weren't of same kind as SJW NPC's, they were libertarians all kinds of other political leanings from left to right to hallucinogens. Diversity of ideas instead of top down forced conformity to """"diversity"""".

Also idea that boring work in cubicle was well paid in 20 years ago is rather naive. It was bad, just not as bad as it is today.

All true, but the fact that they keep whining about how shit does not appeal to their modern toxic trash, and thus choose to ignore the actual merits people would be interested in a review (ie. visuals, cinematography, OST, the groundbreaking philosophical ideas...) is the true devil here.
In other words, he's not reviewing the piece and introducing its content, he's just re-framing the film to drive forward his twisted agendas.

I would not be surprised if these morons are now trying to shitstain the film just because it's the origin of the "Blue/Red pill" meme that's been used against the NPCs for years now. You can see it between the lines: if the movie's a "wite mael powah-fantaseh", then anyone praising it must be an "eevul Nazeh!"

Attached: the Matrix by Ubisoft.webm (640x272, 569K)

The Tranny part blew my fucking mind. I was like WTF?!?!

Tfw Neo could have been Sandra Bullock.

Attached: 4E47B7D0-E001-4C64-8258-988B2521444C.jpg (766x511, 345K)

I'm 33 right now and all I want to do is be 16 again. Your parents are right when they tell you you're going to regret wishing you were an adult as a child.

Born 1978.
It is what you make of it. I’ve almost died twice so I stopped wishing I was young and started living like I might not see tomorrow.

That idiot admitted cinematography and visuals in general, but trashed pretty much everything about The Matrix, Fight Club and Office Space. He could recognize the thematical similarities between those movies, but absolutely didn't understand any of 'em. In particular he bitched about Neo not being eco activists and shieet... and being power fantasy, a messiah. Whole point of character was being the ONE, his name is fucking NEO, a fucking messiah. Something one wouldn't necessarily see on the first viewing of the movie due awesome visuals taking most of the attention. For me it was absolutely that, the one, neo, wait what on second viewing. Becoming perfect martial artist after being plugged into computer for a while is essential scifi trope, especially in cyberpunk, but that is also present in space opera. Cybernetics and re-programming the brain on get go. There is perfect explanation why Neo became so powerful. These are people that say there is nothing wrong with Rey in Star Wars sequels, despite her being a fucking Mary Sue that literally has no explanation for being perfect at everything. They defend Rey to the end.

In SJW revised Matrix mr Anderson would report Morpheus and rest of the rebels to the matrix and action sequences would be about agent Smiths eradicating the rebellion. In the end there would be romantic scene where bunch of agent Smiths would gangbang mr Anderson. He has to be some level of oppressed on oppression pyramid to be a good guy, so if he is white, he has to be a faggot or something.

Attached: urban35.jpg (782x909, 573K)

It is perfect blend of things they ripped off from. That often creates something unique. Hollywood has pretty much never done anything that hasn't been done before in literature or indie films. Only things where they are ahead of the field are visual effects and global market reach.

Hello darkness my old friend...

I doubt Matrix would have been as good as it was with Keanu with her.🐰

Fear of not being able to tell someone to clear your browser history affects us all in the face of death.

>tfw born in 1995
I can feel myself getting closer and closer to being a 30 year old boomer and I have mixed feelings about it.

I wouldnt worry about it too much, only thing that changes is more of the money you make will go welfare, living assistance for those with 8+ kids and all their medical and dental needs. Working on a way at age 40 to cut them off at least from my funding so I can enjoy life again.

You trying to retire early? Avoid meme states that tax pension distributions like Vermont. Honestly, I just want to stop being a fuckup and I don't know how. It's like I graduated from college and I don't know what to do with my life anymore. I'll probably be feeling fine and forget this ever happened in a year or so though so whatever

Homestead, everything paid outright, remain under the income level and breed my next generation of spawn.

>31 yo boomer
>regret spending so much time playing vidja as a kid
>at the same time, wish I could spend time playing vidja now

Why am I so retarded?

That works. Mostly working for yourself with some side jobs to pay for things you can't DIY?

Basically. It's a pretty simple plan but you have to save up the starting cash for it.

Probably need a property, the basic essentials for said property, and like 50k on top of that

Not as hard to find all over the US as one would think. This one took me just 4 minutes to look for.

Attached: homestead startup.png (1252x862, 1.48M)

>tfw I was 16 when The Matrix came out and a few months later I downloaded it from Kazaa over a dodgy 56.6K modem over about a week

Reading this thread makes me feel old in a way no amount of dating middle aged Asian women can counteract.

>And now the directors are both trannies
Really? I knew about the one, but they're both trannies now?

Admittedly, if you had access to the combat simulator, you could probably get pretty good at using both hands at once.

Kill yourself old fag❤️

wow the outside looks like dogshit but the interior isn't that bad considering its a house that costs less than a car.

You have to look at the whole picture. 5 acres. there is said to be 2 trailers and 1 needs repair. A barn, well already setup and electric service. Many times before you can even setup a garage on the property there must be a house. Be it they are shitty but they are there. Many of the costs of starting from scratch is now bundled at a very low price.

>What the FUCK is wrong with these legit NPC """journalists""" these days?
Unironically Jews

>Pee pee goes in girl pee pee
God I love the sound of urethral sex.

>Also idea that boring work in cubicle was well paid in 20 years ago is rather naive.
The Matrix really turned me off from urban development. (as though there was anything to like to start with)

I didn't even start having sex until I was almost 27. About 9 years later and I've a whole bunch of girlfriends so it's not that big a deal.

based and sound pilled

💯

>Goddammit. They had one job.
I mean, I think they had a lot of jobs

It's original and innovative because it was probably the last time anyone went to the theatre and was wowed by the special effects.
Zoomers might not know this, but people used to go to the movies specifically to see cool shit you couldn't see in real life and wonder how they did it. Shooting a million still shots 360 degrees around the actor and using computers to mesh it together is actually pretty fucking innovative, and holds up today. I can't think of a movie that's come out since with effects that your brain doesn't immediately flag as CGI nonsense.

It is one of the last movies that impressed me with effects, but I would say bigger reason is because The Matrix came out pretty much when CGI was becoming mature technology.