Research question: Is there a (legal) knife sharp enough to cut off one's limb?

For my script I write, my Protagonist takes the opponents knife and cut of his forearm. Besides the Zombieknife I heard about, is there a other knife sharp enough for this?
I don't wanna lie like Hollywood and do shit realistically. Thanks in advance.

Attached: army-knife-with-compass-aab-21-multi-utility-knife-bismaadh-original-imaf3a55xxzmngnq.jpg (361x400, 14K)

Other urls found in this thread:

knifeup.com/idaho-knife-law/
twitter.com/AnonBabble

No, only the zombieknife is sharp enough to be capable of this. It's that or nothing.

No
You have to be over 18 to post here

Nope. Not one that’s legal anyways. I bet your work is amazing, I love to realistic fiction.

I'm 23

God damn it

Thanks ... not even that pic related I randomly found?

Yikes.

Attached: yikes.png (500x654, 141K)

It's not about being sharp, or rather, not only about being sharp. It's also about blade being broad and heavy. For example, you may cut a piece of a human with a Bowie or leuku.

Well then

Attached: well.png (463x142, 4K)

What about the strength of the swing?

>I'm 23
>posts this as his creative fiction
your parents must be proud

>I'm 23
lost

It just gets worse and worse, user. Is this supposed to be cringy? Is this all a joke? Please do research on edge geometry, what defines sharpness, etc.

Attached: ye.jpg (200x200, 11K)

>your parents must be proud
Nope, and that's why they ain't gettin' money when I do

Attached: 1538719912424.jpg (604x604, 82K)

In order to cut off your limb you gotta cut through the bones too, and while a knife is great at slicing meat it's not so good against bone. You'd have better luck to get a saw or a knife with saw serration at the back if you REALLY wanted a knife to do that.

Or if the script allows you to just chop it off then I guess a butcher knife or a machete would technically fits the description.

It matters too. I don't know exact pressure that may be needed to cut through the joint or to break the bone though

Zombie knife or Machete, hitting the right and weakest spot of an forearm must do eniugh damage with the right swing

Attached: anatomy-of-the-forearm-arm-and-hand-bones-ADW2G8.jpg (829x1390, 137K)

STOP
THIS

Attached: 1544086690560.jpg (549x534, 43K)

>young Cameron Diaz

Attached: 1553795729327.jpg (161x185, 5K)

>Asking about legality without specifying location
>Conflating sharpness and size
>Being so bad at research that you need to crowdsource the question "do large knives exist?"
>Zombieknife
Sweet Jesus

Attached: 24 inch tactical survival fixed blade zombie machete hunting sword full tang knife.jpg (225x225, 21K)

America, Idaho if that helps

What do I know, everything is illegal in Amerikastein

Then do fuckin research you cunt. Look up laws using simple google searches "What makes a knife sharp", "Knife laws in X", etc, etc. Use your fucking brain and think about what makes a knife sharp and research more on that topic, etc, etc. This thread is ridiculous.

OP I think the bad guy should have a machete like someone else suggested, or maybe a gladius or katana or something else. Go to the coldsteel website and find a cool one. The zombieknife is kinda gay looking and sounding tbqh, a weapon like the ones I've suggested would be more memorable

Sharp pointy things are legal in Idaho, and while knives are super common they're literally all small pocket folding knives and leathermans and what have you. Anyone with cool swords and huge knives would keep them at home with their goofy collection and with a majority of regular people owning firearms criminals would have to be several kinds of unrealistically retarded to not have guns. It's not even coin flip odds that some random person has a gun on their person, let alone their home.

So yeah I'm not sure what kind of realism you're after if dudes are getting limbs hacked off anywhere in Idaho, or most of the US for that matter. It just doesn't happen like that.

In Cormac McCarthy's novel Blood Meridian, a guy gets his head chopped off with a Bowie knife. No word on how big it is, though

Between this and the london nigger stabber id rather be aped in bongland than read another word of this fucking underage dribble.

Attached: 1549164341469.jpg (200x282, 8K)

>everything is illegal in Amerikastein
Please go be 14 elsewhere.

knifeup.com/idaho-knife-law/

Attached: Condor kukri.jpg (1024x327, 98K)

>collecting rainwater
>raw milk
Check mate golem bro

>Things that won't cut off an arm
>Things that have probably never affected you directly

Attached: 1501535557153.jpg (960x720, 107K)

>zombies
>cutting people’s arms off
>realistic

Attached: FD7325D8-49CA-4D8E-8B31-CFB2F27706A8.gif (500x493, 631K)

Weapons expert here.
The only blade sharp enough to chop through a human limb is the katana and its derivatives. I own one and I routinely chop through bundles of straw thick enough to simulate a human body. Ive tried this with my other swords (I own 3 of them) and none can do the trick, though the broadsword comes close lol. For more evidence of this, just look at WWII. When American Marines were fighting in the Pacific, they would always try to shoot down the Japanese soldiers with katana first, because of how effective of a weapon it was. There are even stories of katana wielding soldiers who could cut a bullet in half, thus saving their lives. The Marines knew that if they were to let a katana wielding soldier get too close that it was over for them, so they opted to try to keep them at distance. I've even performed experiments on my katana to see if these rumors were true, and sure enough mine was able to split a bullet right down the middle. So anyone who tells you there are no blades that can cut through a human limb is either lying or hasn't heard of the katana.

assuming for a moment that you're serious

you are also completely wrong. A SHARP knife is not something you want. You need something with enough heft to chop off a limb.

Early medieval (aka viking period) swords are capable of that. As for knives, look to something heavy, like a kukri.

Maybe you could stretch it with a Liston Knife (made specifically for amputations), but that's a very narrow application.

A surgical knife won't go through bone. Surgeons need to use saws for that.

Let me ask you an honest question. Do you think that there's a certain threshold of blade sharpness that the government considers illegal?

hacking limbs isn't about sharpness. its about applied force.

and a bill hook are optimal for this. a good old ax is fine too.

Attached: Martindale-bill-hook.jpg (458x458, 19K)