Warthunder

Does Jow Forums War Thunder?

Do you like it? Is it fun?

Attached: vmevehw56fp21.jpg (800x450, 57K)

Other urls found in this thread:

store.gaijin.net/story.php?title=REAL-FREE-ABRAMS-PACK
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

No, no, and no.

>fun

If you only play the meta vehicles and enjoy being put on teams full of retards. Sure, its fun. Enjoy your pay2grindless and blatantly OP premiums.

hell ye but dont have a toaster and jap tanks succ

Jap tanks suck until cold war era tanks. Also ULQ mode gives you an obscene advantage in GF.

It became fun again when my premium ended and I lowered my BR. Now I play mostly my stugs.

Played when it was planes only before the addition of tanks and ships. Had a lot of fun, but wanted the stick with bombers and the game was heavily focued on fighters.

used to play it in highschool, but i got sick and tired of russian asshats ramming me all the damn time. then youd get that pick with a tier V plane in a tier 3 lobby since rushits cant manage a game properly.

Attached: 1515901142586.jpg (1024x1024, 364K)

WW2 jap tanks are trash, but they have napkin drawings like the HoRi and highly undertiered vehicles like the STB and type 89 as soon as you get up there

Same handle in game.
4.7 BR Brit tanks are what I am grinding now.
Not really into flying but appreciate good CAS and pilots that use MG to mark enemies.
Prefer 4.7 BR and lower in Realistic mode.
Play this when house chores are done, wife fucked and bad weather outside and I can't shoot my real guns.

Yeah, its pretty fun, but I find it frustrating at times. Though tanks are anti fun imo, having to spot the dot in a forest a mile away is no bueno.
However planes are good fun untill you dont feel like carrying anymore and lose the match because your braindead team requires you to get 7 kills in a match.

Pic related is my in game planefu

Attached: p47-2.jpg (576x305, 58K)

It's an unrealistic shit game for idiots who dont know anything about real planes.

I sank almost a thousand hours into this piece of shit game and I'll never get them back

Attached: 1547588072624.jpg (1249x1010, 244K)

>almost 1000
try 3500

Attached: 1534467156765.png (339x345, 123K)

Quit the game about two years back, only ever played aircraft and avoided ground tech trees like a plague. Honest to fuck, I hated Bong superiority complexes and Russian planes that put out two engine fires in a row. All I wanted to do was ground pound shit in my A-36, PBJ-1J, & AD-2 but I'd sooner find some Slavshit or Teaboo fighter dropping down from the mesosphere. Fuck Gay-jin.

It's okay.

Attached: shot 2018.12.23 02.28.33.jpg (1920x1080, 717K)

OwO
store.gaijin.net/story.php?title=REAL-FREE-ABRAMS-PACK

Idiot teams that don't mark enemies on the map are my biggest pet peeve.

Sneaky bastard.
Decent gun in that one
Easily killed with a Machine gun from the flanks though.

>3500
How? Do you have premium? I just couldn't handle the grind and quit

I'm not playing war thunder again until bombers get their own PvE game type and are removed from air battles.

high tier is shit, low tier is kino tier.

I used to love it like 4 - 5 years ago.
Once they started adding post-war shit and completely ditching WWII era planes for tanks is when I quit for good.

Attached: WallpaperTa152Zwilling.jpg (2560x1080, 2.38M)

Played for a while. Made the mistake of investing time in the US tree. Realized how bad I done fucked up when I start getting to higher plane tiers and they still objectively suck ass. Good for nothing but boom and zoom. Add in the Russian bias (indestructible planes with instakill cannons) and I just couldn't get myself to commit to trying a different tree. Couldn't handle the grind. I did enjoy ramming people in my P26 for a while though.

It was lots of fun in the 2013-14 timeframe, and I played it a lot at that time. I think the day they added the CL-13 was the day I knew it was over, and since they've just kept adding more and more transplant planes, memepremiums, and recently extreme powercreep.
The primary problem I think was that they ultimately didn't have a money-making scheme besides selling special planes and faster advancement, which meant in order to make money they had to keep adding special planes and more normal planes that people would want faster advancement to reach.
I haven't played in a few years now since a slav hacked my account, changed my name, and spent my carefully hoarded ~5k freagles on RP conversion for tanks (which I don't play). I log in sometimes to see what the game looks like though.

this, it's been one year since I dropped it
I still check the news and I can't believe how far they dropped the WW2 era, they are just going full power creep and at this point I would not even be surprised to see futuristic fake shit

I wasted so much cash too because I used to have so much hope for this game
fucking waste

Attached: 1351457349349.jpg (807x861, 138K)

Gayjew killed the game years ago. 1.35 was the last decent patch. Also the >/vg/ clans are full of trannies, pedos, weebs and other mentally ill people.

low tiers are good
high tiers are bad

War Thunder is a trash game made by trash slavs and you should never play it.
>t. 1500 hours in a little over a year

I personally put in like $500, but I've heard of others going as far as $4k+...
I genuinely feel betrayed, so I can't imagine how those generous players might be feeling.

Unfortunately the path Gaijin took the game on makes money, and they weren't going to stop once they realized just how much they could make off of "hype" alone.
Breaks my heart to think of where War Thunder would be today if they didn't add tanks or ships, or at least kept the tanks to WWII only.

Attached: BV 40.jpg (1570x1090, 877K)

Attached: aol9gr1tigrz.jpg (1024x683, 92K)

Russians have some of the worst planes actually. Germans, British, Japs, Italians and Burgers have the most bullshit planes. Each BR has its own bullshit. Low tiers are dominated by Burgers because of fiddys. Spitfires, 109s and Japs dominate past 3.3, then Burgers and Krauts dominate.

It has a slightly-more-realistic damage model than most arcade flight games and a big selection of vehicles

That's the extent of it though. Prepare for your .50cal bullets to do nothing to an unarmored aircraft, exploding rounds to be outright ignored when they hit an aircraft, and everyone to be capable of pinpoint accuracy when missing half a wing and on fire.

Oh and your entire team is braindead every time and do stupid shit like turnfight zeros in P-51's because "muh fighter dat won da war XDD"

If you don't just get some bomber that drops his load and goes to the stratosphere, so that even if your team wins, you have to climb all the way up there in engines and aircraft that were never meant to reach those heights only to get killed by an aimbot from a kilometer away while attacking perpendicular to their flightpath.

Because that's good game design, that you can just run away from fights and win after getting marginally ahead of the other team. If you want a good flight game, fucking go DCS, Rise of Flight, or Il-2. If you want a good arcade flight game (with some weeb shit) pick up Ace Combat 5,6,7, or 0.

>fiddys do nothing.

Wat, they fucking rape, especially with API-T rounds.

>Full auto 76mm APFSDS backed up by radar locked proximity fuse anti-aircraft shells

The OTOMATIC is so fucking great. Easily worth the cancer that is otherwise top tier. There is nothing better than successfully making a wide flank, seeing a chunk of the enemy team, and just gutting three Abrams within five seconds. For the cherry on top, you get to rape the helicopters they'll respawn in next too.

Attached: 1552655263748.jpg (411x412, 67K)

Ever since they forced crossplay with xbox it has made the game more enjoyable since i am able to use mega low rez and kill console players easily now.

Only if they're American .50's

Any other country's .50's are garbage

It's shit. If you want realism get IL-2 or something. Even if WT got its flight models right, unless you play sim mode, you're still going to be playing against people that have 360 degree view and a 10km target range, making accurate shots from 1-2km away. Dogfights are over as soon as you make visual contact.

war thunder is such an extremely aggrivating game to play

It gets more frustrating with each and every patch. It started out as a F2P Birds of Steel and was alright back then. The gradual stretching of the timeline, the focus on premium vehicles over anything else, adding in content that doesn't belong in an attempt to get more money, etc.

Don't forget that they'll all just take head-ons and roflsnipe you as you're beginning the engagement, because for some reason it's "fun" for the game to give everyone an aimbot (mouseaim)

Yeah like, I'd fucking buy the game at $30 if it meant not having to deal with the free-to-grind business model. Maybe even $60 if they actually had fleshed-out gameplay mechanics.

>the focus on premium vehicles
This shit pissed me off so much.
Seeing exciting updates only for the end of the devblog to say "premium," especially for mass produced vehicles that saw service.

Attached: 10234.jpg (1920x1178, 196K)

Why would you want a neat experimental when you could be flying the 17th Spitfire variant, whose flight model is just the last one except better?

Low tier (tier 1/2/3) >>>>> High Tier (4/5/6/7). Low tier is more enjoyable really with some aircraft being “balanced” and some being blatantly bad (OS2U I’m looking at you). While high tier is just bad to the point where only a few planes work well while the rest sniff glue and fly like a brick.

I personally like both, however now they don't even really bother with those variants anymore and experimentals are guaranteed premium.

Attached: messerschmitt-bf-109t-toni.png (2197x2809, 3.48M)

If there is one thing i respect world of tank devs is that the kept the crossplay with xbox with xbox and not crossplayed xbox with pc unlike warthunder instead of removing cross play between xbox and pc the devs just forced crossplay option on so if you are on xbox you will always be up against pc users no matter what.

World of tanks may not be the best but they certainly do care about their servers beong playable for both people.

I've spend over 600€ but then again I have spend so much time playing the game

Attached: shot 2019.03.31 22.52.23.jpg (1500x791, 212K)

Why would world of tank devs not allow crossplay between console and pc? If they could allow 360 and one to crossplay why not xbox and pc?

It's alright, just stay away from ships and high tier tanks at the moment.
Early war Japanese tanks outside of the ho-reeee 150mm derp suck. Late war Japanese armor like the chi-nu, chi-to, and chi-ri are decent. Post war tanks are good too.
I prefer tanks far more than air rb because it's easier to play on console. You just need a good set of eyes and map knowledge. No nametags mean you can ambush or hide in tank rb.
It's best to use attackers in ground forces

It's not just planes it's wwii in general. Too many new fags just want their abroomz or leotard 2
Yeah, that shit pisses me off. They put the one off shambled together super pershing as the tech tree burger heavy tank and made the T29 a premium

For the love of God don't play it.
The grind is so bad it's only tolerable if you're a NEET with nothing to do but play that Skinner's box and throw money at it
t. former 500hour player

Is world of tanks any better?

if anyone tells you it is there either a shill or retarded

Fuuuck no.

t.wotbetatester/1200hrsinwarthunder

No. Free to play should be avoided.

It's far worse kek

no it's even worst, WT try to be realistic at least

but funny enough I've started playing WOWS when I realised how god awful navy was going to be in WT

War Thunder is flawed but I still enjoy it. It's realistic enough to appeal to people with military interests while arcadey enough to not be a chore to play. WoT is even more casual and takes even more liberties than War Thunders Arcade mode, not to mention blatantly being pay to win.

In War Thunder, you can pay to skip a lot of the grind or purchase premium vehicles, although said vehicles are usually no better than their free contemporaries. It's grindy as fuck but I don't feel like premium vehicles are downright unfair, and a lot of them are actually kinda shitty gimmick vehicles. Meanwhile in WoT you can pay for premium ammunition that it flat out superior to normal ammunition. You objectively do more damage and are more accurate if you pay, no matter what tank you are using. A paying player will always have a clear, statistical, measurable advantage over a free player.

If you don't have spare $ to throw around then yes I'd avoid them. For me, the way I see free to play games is if I didn't pay anything to download the game in the first place it's ok to throw a few $ here and there. It's what keeps the developers in business after all.

WT ships may be awful at the moment but at least it's far more believable in the realism department then wows

I've actually had fun at the lower tiers of wows, WT is just a travesty. Having slightly more realism doesn't necessarily make it better, its still horribly unrealistic and isn't enjoyable in the slightest.

>at least it's far more believable in the realism department then wows
oh definitely but here's the thing, where plane and tank combat realism is enjoyable, navy warfare isn't, because it's so slow
WOWS manage to make warship battle enjoyable without feeling insanely arcade like WOT turbo rotation turrets

Even though WT has better realism, it still has atrocious game design

Yeah it’s fun. If you want to have an easy time play Germany or Russia they’re good at almost all battle ratings.

America is good at every tier... P-51-H sends its regards.

Play DCS instead.

Attached: 1547133765503.jpg (432x432, 113K)

>played since 2014
>only two jets unlocked, zero tanks in tier five and up
I take long breaks and switch nations too often. I still keep up with it because back when I played it regularly I was actually really good at it and could carry air RB teams reliably, not anymore after a one year break. Gaijin should be crucified for the rolling balance they employ, the fucking axis are rolling 92-97% win rates in top tier jets right now, unbelievable how a video game could allow that to happen. Not to mention that different saber flavors of the month have dominated top tier for the past four fucking years. Its a fun game, but don't play past tier four unless you want to be a Russian's milk cow.

American planes are good at every tier

American teams are full of idiots who don't climb and turnfight the Japanese. The only way to succeed consistently is getting lucky and having a friend(s) on voice coms.

If you’re not complete dogshit it takes maybe a week or two to reach tier IV. (Without premium)

Ye of little faith

>muh burshirdo
>us isn't a nation of 100% railroad cars powered by air escaping from a balloon

Yeah, if you're a NEET who stays home and plays a single videogame all day every day of the week

I used to
No
No

They changed the reward scaling years ago and since then the game has been shit, it takes fucking forever to progress without paying now

PC players have an advantage with Mouse and Keyboard.

Everyone can use mouse and keyboard

American planes are still ass, the German planes climb much better than the Americans and will still rape your ass.

Three hours a day at most

IIRC Xbox only support MnK for chat and stuff. You can't use it to actually play the game. Even then, controller is the default for console. It'd be stupid to go "It's a console game, but you also need to buy MnK if you don't wanna get ROFL stomped by PC players"

The only threat I ever have in my P-47 is another P-47

That's a tier 4. You said American planes are good in all tiers. In tier 3 they're hot garbage.

Lmao you just suck

>the current year
>using an xbox instead of the PS4/PC wombo combo
>even Halo (the last major xbox exclusive) will soon be on pc

It’s a free game my guy if you’re not willing to spend 30 freedombucks on a mouse and keyboard that’s on you.

It can be fun if you just want to play the game, if you only want to rush through the tree to get a Königstiger or Centurion and have no interest in anything below them in the tree then it isn't.

Are you retarded? Burger planes climb fine.

There are P-47s in tier III lmao not to mention the P-63s are tier III and they kick ass

Just started it, trying to git gud with biplanes.

Fuck no.

t. played regularly for two years

Have you considered playing something other than arcade?

its fun ive sunk 1500 hours into it and ive only spent like 30$ on the game.

Attached: 20190322155453_1.jpg (1920x1080, 128K)

Attached: 20181219230027_1.jpg (1920x1080, 136K)

Attached: 20171128041845_1.jpg (1920x1080, 225K)

Attached: 20171127001434_1.jpg (1920x1080, 170K)

>start playing 2 months ago
>638 hours
>in reality 7/8 of the time is the game running in the background while I do other things or fall asleep

Attached: dab.gif (498x280, 1.28M)

It's the opposite of fun most of the time, once you get to the mid ww2 planes it turns into shit. Grind is unbearable and if you do manage to unlock a plane it's the same model but slightly better, offering no new experiences.

>muh grind
maybe if your only metric of enjoyment is new things

>Why does the Javelin rip at 1030kmh when its top speed was around 1140kmh and it wasn't close to ripping at that speed
>Why do composite side skirts offer no protection, the 2A5's side should be impenetrable at an angle with APFSDS, and multiple Western tanks should have much higher protection on their sides, but because the composite side skirts and side armor in general are modeled incorrectly, along with other changes, the 2A5 is a lolpen from the side if it angles, the Abrams can get penetrated by rank 1s and so on...
>Why does the Challenger 1 not get its Heavy Common Applique package which would make it impenetrable from the front save for the drivers port (it never went into battle without an applique package)
>Why does the Mk3 Challenger only get ERA on its lower plate when in reality it would also get an actual armor improvement.
>Why is the Challenger 2s internal set up completely fucked and unrealistic, with underperforming shells, much lower survivability than IRL, worse turret rotation, reload, etc it just goes on and on.
>Why are Russian vehicles given maximum number estimates while Western vehicles are given minimal estimates.
>Why does the Abrams have a massive 60mm thick turret ring that it never had in real life
>Why are the turret wedges on the 2A5 modeled as "composite side skirts".
>Why do the Abrams, Challenger, 2A5 get shells they never used IRL
>Why does a Russian 9.7 get 3BM42 as a 900SL round and 3BM22 stock while the 2K gets HEATFS stock and a 410mm penning DM13 as a 900 SL round.
>Why does Japan get a Mitsubishi T2 while the British and French don't get a SEPECAT JAGUAR which is nearly identical but slightly better/worse in different areas and would make for a balanced opponent.
>Why did they incorporate a "shell formula" for SOME shells but not for others, and why does that formula not take into account multiple factors that it should.
>Why is the M103s round extremely underperforming and not APBC
>Why does the IS-7 exist

Attached: muh queue times 2.png (534x548, 1.13M)

So, like 80% of .50s

>playing high tier

Attached: 4eefe787df5eff811e51c9d5059ed241a2be9769774702a927ccff8a2693aa4d.png (803x688, 211K)

man, the new warthunder update sure looks cool!

Attached: kotobuki sabre dog.webm (720x404, 2.98M)