The status quo sucks

Glock is the status quo handgun, and it sucks. Sure it's well made, well price, reliable, reasonably accurate and is uniform yet has many sizes and calibers available, it still sucks. Let me explain...

>triggers suck
They are so inconsistent. Some are good, some are bad, none are great. They safety blade digs into your finger on some gens. If it had a trigger like the Apex as standard it would be no complaint.

>grip and grip angle
The grip sucks. It's at an awkward angle which forces you to learn to aim differently with this gun over anything else. The texture is slippery as fuck in all variants. It's why stippling the grips is so popular. An exception to this is the RTF frames, which are God's gift to grip. Problem is they don't make them anymore, and they will tear up clothing.

>sights
Plastic snowflake sights. They are only good for quick up close shots, for anything else they blow and must be changed if you want any kind of accuracy.

>accuracy
Speaking of this, it just sucks. Even with good sights and a trigger people can't shoot as accuracy as with standard guns like the Sig P-226, or H&K USP.

Attached: glock-32.jpg (533x373, 32K)

>well price(sic)

600 dollars for a mass produced pastishit handgat is not well priced.

It is if it's reliable, and well-made, as a Glock is.

If another gun fits every criteria you listed, buy that. Some people like to customize their gun to fit their needs, and in that Glocks excel because of their ridiculous aftermarket. Hell, with a polymer80 you can even have a better grip angle.

P320 will be the status quo after a few more years of military adoption. Not saying it will overtake Glock or that either pistol is any better than the other but it will show up in media to the extent that Berettas and Glocks have and sort of become one of those immediately recognizable pistols.

Attached: wm_13187249.jpg (640x480, 49K)

>Glock is the status quo handgun
Everyone and their mother makes polymer frame, striker fired, compact handguns these days. M&P, Sig, HK, CZ, Springfield, Walther, Ruger, etc. Pick your poison.

Probably why they underbid glock; took a loss but were betting that military adoption would make the gun a cultural icon.

I wonder who makes these threads.

Attached: idiots3.png (618x412, 365K)

They aren't taking a loss. The reason Sig was able to bid cheaper is the MHWS was for a lot more than just the gun itself. The army wanted accessories and ammunition produced as well. Sig already makes ammo and accessories such as optics and lights.

Glock does not.

I doubt it. A hack producer will look at it with disgust, and ask the guy making him blanks for x100 the cost why he can't just use 92FS, 1911, or a Glock in his movie/tv show because they're more "iconic".

Attached: searchyourfeelings.gif (268x200, 566K)

I sort of hope you are right but 30+ years of army/ police adoption makes any gun iconic. Look at the Glock, 1911, and Beretta.

Market saturation being what it is now, and knowing how stupid the American audience is, I don't see the same previous phenomena being replicated again.

Ahem

Attached: Superior in Every Way.jpg (500x500, 19K)

Every gun out there that is a plastic frame striker fired pistol is just a Glock copy that exists because some fag has to be a special snowflake and not have the good thing that is popular. The end.

Valid points. Sad to see guns like the Steyr m9 will never feature in a dystopian cyberpunk movie.

If you can't shoot a Glock, you suck at shooting. It takes discipline to shoot well, but it'll go bang every time you pull the trigger.

*clears throat*
Check 'em

Attached: walther_ppq-m2-9mm_black_la-2796066-800x800.jpg (650x650, 82K)

I really don't think so honestly. It's so generic looking that most normies won't be able to distinguish one from a glock.

Worse trigger and less ergonomic. Also uglier. I agree about the sights being better though.

terrible

Walther is totally underrated.

>PPQ
Worse than the P99
>M2
Disgusting.

Not a chance. Whenever someone reviews a new poly handgun they put it up against a Glock. Why? Because Glocks haven't changed much for decades since their first release, so everyone can use Glock as the benchmark. Nobody gives a shit how something stacks up against a p320 because it's too new in a market flooded with other great polymer handguns. It's a good gun, but nothing about it is revolutionary enough to push companies to follow in its footsteps and improve upon its design like they've done with Glock.

Glocks have never been "Status Quo"
Glocks are popular because:
A: Rappers sing about them
B: cheap police departments buy them

Let me just destroy you with logic and facts real quick

> trigger sucks
It's a 5.5 lb trigger, you just suck at shooting. Also, trigger preferences are subjective. Learn to shoot. A defensive handgun with no safety isn't going to have a competition trigger brainlet

> grip and grip angle
Subjective. The Grip angle is great for fast follow up shots.

> sights
Hickok was consistently hitting a steel plate at 230 yds with a stock glock and sights, you just suck at shooting. They can also easily be changed out. I have consistently hit a steel silhouette at 100 yds with a stock g19 before. Learn to shoot.

> accuracy
The mechanical accuracy of glocks are excellent, if you put them in a ransom rest they will stack holes on holes. You just have shit skill so you blame the tool.

And honestly if you don't like them, buy something else. Now go away dumbass

>Paying MSRP
Do you not know how to shop?

I don't understand how the P226 can look so good while the P320 looks so ugly.

Based

Triggered Glocktard samefag

If you like Glocks, are are literally a nigger. Fight me.

Attached: Disgusted Chicken.jpg (496x369, 32K)

Why not just get a P2000 or a USP? (other than the accessory market being trash)

Ironic that SIG is literally just doing to Glock what Beretta did to SIG 40 years ago; selling an inferior but passable product at a lower unit cost.

>P99
It is a p99qa.

tldr
>Glock is well made, well priced, reliable, reasonably accurate and is uniform yet has many sizes and calibers available but I don't like thing so here are my unrequested opinion facts

>Being unable to comprehend that more than one (1) user likes Glocks.

Attached: 1537680246257.jpg (600x600, 57K)

Confirmed Glock-niggers. I'd bet you'd all suck Gaston Glock's 89 year-old shriveled-up cock for a new Glock. Stop embracing the Glock-cock and step out of your comfort zones. You've been blinded and trapped by the Glock bubble for too long.

Attached: 1549232341031.jpg (612x602, 73K)

i've rented that piece of shit at the range and returned it after one mag. worst trigger out of all guns i've shot.

*Kicks down door"
Best striker-fire 9mm coming through.

Attached: Beretta APX.jpg (916x840, 56K)

Nope

Attached: 1554081555084.png (1934x1905, 1.92M)

Look at the service history. It's a proven design. If you don't like something about it, you can probably change it. If not, buy the competition. To say GLOCK SUCKS is flat out ignorant considering how effective they've been for so many years for so many people.

Seething.

Attached: 1549087034134.jpg (750x713, 147K)

It's a damn good looking gun. Certainly one of the better poly strikers. (imo)

Attached: 6m697kgf58a11.jpg (640x457, 25K)

Enjoy your sub par striker fired copied garbage, if you are getting something non striker fired, go right ahead, but if you are gonna waste your fucking money on a striker fired gun that isn’t a Glock, you are fucking retarded. To this day there hasn’t been a better engineered striker fired pistol than the Glock, not no shitn&p, not no cheezies, not no drop320, not no ruger shitier 9, not no wankthers or veepee9, none of these striker fired pieces of trash can compare to the Glock.
>trigger digs into muh snowflake finger
Look at the design of the trigger. Looks triangular. The first crease of your index finger is also triangular. Glocks are meant to be shot with the first crease of your finger but since most retards follow youtube operators they don’t use the crease. Increased my accuracy significantly when I started using the crease with my Glocks

I'm a fan of Glock, but your post is nothing but name-calling and evidence that you don't know how to shoot properly.

Attached: 25d.jpg (951x972, 104K)

i increased my accuracy significantly when i started using the crease of your mother

Yes, which is why I will probably never buy a glock.

I like the wonder 9 reliability but it is pretty fucking sad that revolver and auto designs from 100years ago still have the best triggers

I wanted a p2000 as my first gun (because of cs:go and because it looked cool in pictures) until I went to the store and actually handled one. The trigger was absolute ass and it held 2 fewer rounds than the g19 despite being the same size. They were both about the same price +-100 dollars. I went with the glock.

Just found a Gen4 G19 for $450 in 30s. So no, obviously you don't.