Why doesn't HK import the MP7 in a pistol configuration...

Why doesn't HK import the MP7 in a pistol configuration, I know it would be able to get past US import laws by removing the stock, and forward grip. Is it something with German export laws from stopping it?

Attached: replica_hk_mp7.jpg (3593x2030, 316K)

Other urls found in this thread:

sgammo.com/product/sellier-bellot/40-round-box-46x30-hk-40-grain-fmj-ammo-made-sellier-bellot-sb46a
soldiersystems.net/2012/09/10/you-cant-run-from-the-internet-take-2/
ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/rifle-ammo-46x30mm-hk
cheaperthandirt.com/category/ammunition/rifle/46x30-h-and-k.do
armsunlimited.com/Sellier-Bellot-4-6x30mm-HK-MP7-Ammo-40-Grain-p/sb46a-fmj-case.htm
ammoseek.com/ammo/4.6x30mm
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>German export laws stopping it?
yes

How can they export it to US police agencies and such then? I have no fucking clue how their export laws work btw.

they have two classes of exports, one for us mere mortal citizens (sporting) and another for cops, military, etc. The cops and military can get whatever the fuck they want but us mere plebs have to have "guns for sport" which an MP7 pistol wouldn't be under german law because german law is turbo gay.

Why dont they go through the lengths they did to get the USC and SL8 imported? I am sure even a cucked version of the MP7 would sell well.

USC and SL8 were trash options. The MP7 is nothing more than an overpriced .17hmr, fucking useless.

It'd be better to give it a 16" barrel. Then you could at least SBR it, nobody would buy it as an oversized and underpowered handgun.

Import laws on pistols are more lax than on long guns though.

You've got it backwards.

Even if the Germans could export it, what would be the point? It's useless unless it's full auto.

The MP7 is unavailable to civilians and for good reason. We all know that’s technology no civvies should ever get to lay their hands on. This is a purposebuilt weapon with no sporting applications to speak of. It is made to put down scumbags like OP, and that’s it. Mike Cabrera of Heckler & Koch Law Enforcement Sales and veteran law enforcement officer with SWAT unit experience points out that this is a gun that you do not want in the wrong, slimy hands. It comes with semi-automatic and full-auto firing modes only. Its overall size places it between a handgun and submachine gun. Its assault rifle capabilities and small size make this a serious weapon that should not be taken lightly.

Heh, good bait.

Attached: 820.jpg (600x367, 28K)

>any Pistol Caliber Carbine is useless in semi!

Fuck off cuck, its the bill of rights not the bill of necessary needs.

Its only about the caliber of the gun. AP means Sport and export ban

>price of ammo

ill pass

You're fucking dumb for comparing a PDW round and .17HMR.

Because the USC and SL8 sold like shit and weren't what anyone wanted. HK is probably given up mostly on making that sort of thing work. The thing is that german export law can technically apply to DESIGNS, not just physical guns. So they have a US factory but almost entirely make pistols and still have to make US made rifles to autistic german specs, which means that, for example, an MR556 (semi-auto 416 clone) legally must have a different bolt and carrier than the FA 416, even though the lower reciever is different and doesn't have FA ability.

you can buy it as FMJ non AP, which is weird because no gun on the market can shoot it.

>sgammo.com/product/sellier-bellot/40-round-box-46x30-hk-40-grain-fmj-ammo-made-sellier-bellot-sb46a

it's an old copy pasta.

soldiersystems.net/2012/09/10/you-cant-run-from-the-internet-take-2/

If it's any consolation (it is to me) recoil fired the fucker right quick, and replaced him with a bunch of "repeal the NFA" types who frequently talk about suppressors and even wrote out a machinegun buyers guide a few months back.

It's for dealers with samples. I have a box of softpoints in the caliber just because lol, I can.

I was in BW/GER looking for the MR223A3 and we had so much fun laughting about the laws. HK is fucking based

>HK
Because you suck. And we hate you.

Yea but I would assume they would get decent prices on buying the AP stuff since they are LE, or is that not the case?

HK is not based see

>>any Pistol Caliber Carbine is useless in semi!
That's not what I said. The MP7, specifically, is useless in semi.

>Fuck off cuck, its the bill of rights not the bill of necessary needs.
I'm asking why anyone would buy one, you fuckstick. I'm not saying they should be banned.

>he thinks the dank maymays reflect the actual position of the company

I'm sure they would give their left nut to export all of the things they can't due to GER laws, and if those laws ever change you can be assured everything they can export, they will.

I still don't get why they don't just build a US factory for this shit. It's not like they don't have the money.

Because people collect shit? I am sure most NDM owners or SP5K owners do not buy those guns because they plan on using them at a run and gun.

When did the law go into place? Seems strange this shit didnt happen until after the 89 ban. Before that they were bringing in almost mil-spec rifles that they were still making on contract.

Politicians will scream that the round is armor piercing and we would only be able to find dumbed down ammunition. Just like the FN57. The 57 and MP7 are only good with the AP ammo

>good
Entirely subjective, it would still be good for having as a neat range toy, or just for having something cool to collect. Lets face it chances are you will never use it, or any other gun you own, in a self defense situation involving a person wearing armor.

long story short: it's due to whatever Germany's version of ITAR is, that makes it difficult to start production in the United States for German designs. THe HK 416 was more or less designed in the United States, so it is easier for them to make it here.

Interesting, I’ve wondered about that for a while.

just but a CMR-30, its practically the same thing.

>from HK
>Doesn't sell to average civvies
>Fuck the poor peasents
Things are not meant to be OP

Attached: 1553229455845.jpg (380x380, 50K)

You're stupid

>CMR-30

Is there anything worse than kel-cuk poorfags who think their shit is in anyway useful? The closest alternative would be a PS90.

Guys, im going to visit SchwabenArms and HK this year. Do you have some questions to ask ?

Attached: 1554062090678.jpg (564x867, 72K)

Because you suck and we hate you
>t. H&K

reductive, played out

you have to be 18+ to post here.

If you could load .17HMR with tungsten penetrators would it not suit the bill? I thought energetically .22WMR is similar to 5.7?

Yup hence why we get unmolested draco AKs while WASRs are bastardized and converted closer to factory spec stateside, while also adding American parts for 922r compliance

iirc, HK always seems to talk about American Import laws being shit and how they don't want to play with them too.

>not realizing how old that meme is
>not realizing that I am an old fag here

I respect your opinion, but I think my comment still makes sense in this modern era

Source?

Well on numerous occasions they've been caught their their pants down shipping boat loads of bastardized firearms specifically designed around American market and import laws only to find out before the boat makes it to America that their guns are now illegal

Nah son you the cuck. You probably have the PS90

That literally only happened with the HK91. The reason we don't see a lot of HK imports for rifles is the ATF has a hateboner for HK and forces them to do silly shit before granting them their Form 6s. Hence why the SP89 or whatever the fuck they call it now is coming in like it's a ban era gun while POF and MKE get to ship real shit here.

For a given barrel length, 10 inch or less, 5.7 will out do .22 mag. From a rifle length barrel they are similar.

5.7 has superior QC and doesn't foul up semi-auto actions as badly as wmr

You like collecting bricks?

Because you're not getting 4.6 even if you glow in the dark you turbo nigger

And unless you've got the CNC to machine molds, you're not reloading it either

>he doesn’t know

How stupid are you?

ammunitiontogo.com/index.php/cName/rifle-ammo-46x30mm-hk
cheaperthandirt.com/category/ammunition/rifle/46x30-h-and-k.do
armsunlimited.com/Sellier-Bellot-4-6x30mm-HK-MP7-Ammo-40-Grain-p/sb46a-fmj-case.htm
ammoseek.com/ammo/4.6x30mm

Man I love the mandatory group-think in this industry...

No. 5.7x28 out of the pistol or short P90 barrel is more-or-less comparable to .22WMR out of a rifle.
5.7x28 out of a 16.x" PS90 or AR-57 barrel is comparable to .22 Hornet out of a rifle.
(In fact, 5.7x28 can be quite comparable to .22 Hornet in short barrels too, although the only short-barreled gun produced in any quantity for .22 Hornet is the T/C Contender.)

If you want a rimfire analog for 5.7x28 and 4.6x30, .17 WSM is a lot closer.