What's the point of using a pistol-caliber carbine over a normal modern rifle like an AR-15? I don't get it

What's the point of using a pistol-caliber carbine over a normal modern rifle like an AR-15? I don't get it

Attached: Beretta CX4.jpg (1024x768, 159K)

Other urls found in this thread:

gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/40sw/
gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/45acp/
gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/762x39/
gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/
how-i-did-it.org/drywall/
how-i-did-it.org/drywall2/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

usually cheaper ammo, quieter, lighter, smaller, and less foot print than a rifle.
Unfortunately, this one was done all fucking wrong
>no suppressor
>2 pairs of iron sights because the fucking retard didnt realize that a fixed rear sight and optic was redundant
>retarded foregrip light that probably isnt as good as a dedicated one
etc

maybe because its smallerer? .45 carbine will stop most people in 1-3 shots and its cheep to stockpile it. Also good kiddie gun

Gotta start em' off young

Attached: 534151251.jpg (500x426, 12K)

I built and AR9 and shoot it more than any other gun I own bc i can train with 13cpr and shoot steel up close, with the same manual of arms as a regular AR.

Eh, I’d imagine the extra irons are for cowitnessing/red dot damage.

On the one hand you won't be as deaf or blind shooting one indoors as you would a rifle/sbr but on the other hand the bullet's heavier so it might go through your walls more

HD mostly, not as likely to get the EEEEEEE firing .45 or 9mm without hearing protection indoors without hearing protection as you would be firing 5.56

For practical purposes in 2019?
Quieter suppressed...

That's literally it. They're fun to shoot and I wouldn't feel bad about defending my home with one, but other than them being quieter suppressed, there is no other practical reason they are better.

pewdie pews are fun to shoot

It makes your life easier when your pistol and carbine share ammo and magazines.

I own both an AR and a Cx4, and I can assure you that the PCC if significantly lighter, handier, and easier-shooting. Easily a top-tire choice for home defense.

Much less noise, muzzle blast and concussion indoors (or outdoors) compared to your typical unsurpressed 5.56

How do pcc get past being a sbr? I’d like to get a 9mm upper but am wondering about laws I live in VA if that makes a difference

They'll either have a 16in barrel or have a brace for a stock, they're regular rifles under the law, or pistols if they go the brace route.

Less overpenetration in a police scenario?

>I don't get it

Memes

Attached: DSC_1409.jpg (1152x768, 253K)

Its plinking. Thats it. People dont actually buy them thinking they'll be their truck gun or home defense rifle.

I actually like the aesthetic of the old 995 carbine

>inb4 columbiner

Attached: Old-Carbine.jpg (640x393, 33K)

What's a good companion PCC and pistol? Bonus points for .40
Hard mode: shares mags

For arming women and children. Seriously.

By... not having short barrels?

There isn't one.
PPC are inderior to SBRs in every way.

id prefer 9mm out of a rifle for home defense sense im more worried about doing damage.
its also cheaper to practice with.

AR40 and a Glock 22/23

They’re fun?

Lighter weight, ammo weighs less, less recoil, swap ammo between primary sidearm, less over penetration, quieter, often times smaller and more compact.

Attached: dewalt-power-drill-glock-1.jpg (570x323, 53K)

>PPC are inderior to SBRs in every way
I think I know what you were trying to say, but you’re wrong on so many levels bc PCC is not inferior in every way to a short barreled msr
See

Ever shoot a 5.56 shorter than 11 inches? Immidiate massive hearing damage. A 5 inch barrel 9mm subgun is easier to conceal than a rifle and WAY more effective than a handgun. Scenario
>carry a glock 9mm
>have a gun in truck
>truck gun take glock mags
Simple setups always work better

>cheaper ammo
No, there are many rifle rounds that are cheaper.

>smaller
No.

>won't go deaf or blind shooting it indoors
No.

>quieter suppressed
No, there are many rifle rounds that are quieter when suppressed.

>share the same ammo
That means your long gun has worse performing ammo. It is not a positive to have a long gun that uses under performing ammo.
If they could make a concealable gun that shot 5.56 or 7.62x39, they would.
And they have tried.

>lighter
No, there are many rifles that are lighter than PCCs.

>less "over penetration"
5.56 penetrates less than 9mm.

>memes
No.

>plinking
No.

>looks
No.

>women and children
No.

The PCC are inferior to the SBR in every way.

you dont kill your neighbours i guess

>no
not an argument, cope harder SBR nigger

Dudes using smgs across the globe for ep would like a word with you brainlet.

>cope harder SBR nigger
Not an argument.

Dudes using SBRs across the globe for ep would like a word with you brainlet.

>Muh 11.5 inch sbr
T. Contractless faggot

Attached: 1550006887997.jpg (565x1024, 110K)

Ok.

I can shoot my steel targets in smaller pieces of blm land without destroying them with my pcc.

>simply refuting half the points without evidence
user you're better than this

Attached: 1497018621470.png (256x164, 4K)

I bought my Kel-Tec because 9 is a small enough caliber to teach my little brother how to shoot while also being less boring and having more utility than a 22. Figure if I'm gunna buy babys first gun then I might as well get something I won't immediately get bored with. I've taken it hiking in the NC mountains and keep it in a backpack at work. It effectively bridges the gap between 10/22 and carbine length rifle. Anyway. Stop asking dumb questions and delete this retard tier thread.

Having a 9mm carbine that folds is fucking awesome. Everyone give keltec your money please.

>Ammunition is cheaper
>Less concern about over penetration
>You can shoot small game with it with less chance of said game exploding into a fine red mist.

I've done some testing and I've been able to pull the thing out of my hiking pack, unfold it, and hit the safety in under 20 seconds. In my mind that makes it infinitely more viable than a Ruger Pc9 seeing as there is virtually no trade off between compactness and deployability. I can't reiterate how awesome a Kel-Tec is for hiking. It's so light and I save a lot of space while still concealing it.

Last thing; I can reliably ring steel at 50 yards which can't be said for a pistol while still getting some of the concealability of a pistol.

They're for poorfag soibois that can't handle the noise or recoil of a rifle cartridge
Look at literally anyone who owns a cz scorpion. 90% of scorpions are owned by overweight neckbeards who had to convince their wife's boyfriend to let him buy it.

Bigger bullets kill people better, there are a couple threads up on it.

Tell us about your escapades with an M203.

Or you could just do a .300 BLK pistol with suppressor/subsonics and not be gay

No no no no no YOU

jokes on you, my wife's boyfriend said I couldn't get one

KelTec Sub 2000. Comes in .40 and can take Glock mags.
>buy KelTec
>ever
>Jow Forums will never accept you

Attached: download.jpg (259x194, 7K)

>testing fortune

Thinking about getting a chiappa m1-9 because it takes Beretta mags and I live in California. Anyone have any experience with one?

PCCs are for faggots with weak arms get a FAL

>Ammunition is cheaper
not by enough to matter, especially when the PCCs are so much more expensive
>Less concern about over penetration
not really compared to something like 5.56
>You can shoot small game with it with less chance of said game exploding into a fine red mist.
now you're slime selling less lethality as a benefit, while ignoring the fact that hunting small game with PCC-calibers is dumbass mode and 22lr exists for this purpose

I don't have to refute personal opinions with "evidence" because that's not how evidence works.

>>cheaper ammo
>No, there are many rifle rounds that are cheaper.
you mean .22 long rifle ?

5.56 and 7.63x39 are cheaper than 45acp and 40s&w.

I’ve made a thread like this before specifically regarding 300 Blacked rendering all PCCs obsolete and the answer basically boiled down to poorfaggotry.

>doesn't provide evidence of how evidence works
cmon now are you just baiting for likes user?

Attached: 1494698297310.gif (360x220, 1.73M)

I want, i want so bad

If you're too retarded to understand that evidence cannot prove or disprove personal taste in "looks" and "memes", then I can't help you.
Luckily, there are people who are reading this that will see how retarded you are.

This is false.

well since that's just your personal taste i'll just discard what you said user

Attached: 1480008473219.png (803x688, 388K)

Nope

cowitness is a stupid late 2000s meme

Honestly, memes.

Attached: 5625FEC6-1463-42F3-9B38-B1CDDFA5A0AB.jpg (2050x1536, 916K)

Because certain indoor ranges only accept pistol calibers?

>Kick
>Punch
>block

Attached: feeding yous.png (225x224, 11K)

>Not an

Gold coming from the guy who didn't present a single argument

she's a beauty user

>goofy ass long barrel
>AR stock
You disgust me

16” gives 10mm quite a bit more velocity and the stock is properiatry Kriss, the folding stock was ditched for some reason. Despite those objective facts I only got it for the A E S T H E T I C

Someone explain this to me, what is Parappa trying to tell me?

PCC’s are fun

>got it for the aesthetic
>picks the objectively worse aesthetic
:|

Is that an xbox 360?

Why spend all that money when 45acp sub loads do the same thing

I hope you find something makes you as happy as me and this gun

No! I'm enjoying my anger!

>Suggests meme cartridge 2-3x the price and same energy on target, along with a cuck stamp to boot.
>Says others are gay.

Attached: jSpd1oA.png (500x483, 247K)

>less over penetration
Don't they say 9mm will pass through more drywalls than 5.56?
Ok then... what about human bodies? I can't find info on caliber likeliness to overpenetrate a human (missing bones).

Yup
gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/40sw/
gunbot.net/ammo/pistol/45acp/
gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/762x39/
gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/223/

But I did.

So

>less "over penetration"
5.56 penetrates less than 9mm.

Wait what. I mean now we're busting into ammo types, so why not break into full auto.

Let's talk about 556 sbr to 9mm in consideration of f/a. Of course this is 1994 and us scum civilian tax payers would have no real world experience. So will some hardcore mil/leo guys please shed some light on us poor plebs?

Shit dope April Fools thing senpai

>having a gun with an ammo type is the same as having full auto

A FA SBR is still superior to a FA PCC in every way.

Prepare to rage

Attached: IMG_1054.jpg (4032x3024, 1.7M)

>especially when the PCCs are so much more expensive

An AR9 that you put together is much more expensive than?

Speaking relative to the AR platform:
>quieter
>available in more compact designs, some of which can fold for use in even more confined spaces
>superior performance with subsonic ammo
>Less meat destruction when hunting small game
>available in some less spooky designs than the AR
>same ammo as a sidearm means less weight/storage space
>less intimidating to beginners in terms of actual usage
>memes/aesthetic
The niche is small but it's there. When it comes to a camp, cabin, truck gun, or something your noguns grandma can use ably if necessary they can make a fair bit of sense. My scorpion fits in a pistol safe ready to go, can be stowed in a backpack without disassembly, is worlds more maneuverable inside a vehicle than any AR, and is accurate enough to take squirrel without significant waste while being powerful enough for self defense when loaded properly. The only thing that comes close to doing all of that would be a shorty AKM, and those things make 5.56 SBRs seem tame in comparison.
This isn't really true, but people acting like significantly lower 5.56 penetration is a guarantee are wrong too.
how-i-did-it.org/drywall/
how-i-did-it.org/drywall2/
Based and fuckoffsetpilled.
Depends more on ammo than anything. Both have plenty of comparably penetrating loads in gel testing.

Attached: drywall comparison 5.56 9mm and 12g.webm (1280x720, 2.63M)

>The only thing that comes close to doing all of that while being commonly available, cheap to feed, and reasonably priced would be a shorty AKM
Forgot to edit that one before posting.

Nah that ones pretty cool, illegal AOW and all.

Not according to the ATF

The ammo you can get off the shelf from a gun shop for pistols has superior ballistics for shooting indoors. Sure there is some uncommon loads you can theoretically get but all the ammo I actually have for my rifles would have no problem going through every wall in my house.

Source on that?

>, illegal AOW
What is that

A pistol with a VFG

That's an AFG. Still a pistol.

Magazine is vertical.

Shit, that's the flash hider from Battlestar Galactica.

But the grip is angled

45 cheap? Where are you buying your ammo?