/PTG/

Is Jow Forums keeping fit to fight?

Attached: Screenshot_20190331143232.png (720x369, 59K)

Other urls found in this thread:

docdroid.net/Kjbk134/afghan-pre-deployment.pdf
militarytimes.com/opinion/commentary/2018/07/18/commentary-heres-why-fighting-youth-obesity-is-a-matter-of-national-security/
jfklibrary.org/learn/about-jfk/jfk-in-history/physical-fitness
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Body weight exersizes with my plate Carrier on
>planks
>push up
>chin ups and pull ups

I Also run but I’m not autistic enough to run around with a loaded down plate carrier. I hike a lot too.

Attached: 97CE4787-87C8-49AA-AD2D-5A18287B8590.jpg (1537x2049, 483K)

And yes, there are deff rising tensions so if the boogaloo kicks off I want to be ready

Attached: 182F987A-E397-4362-BFAF-2A5823A9B83F.jpg (2938x3918, 2.38M)

How heavy is it when loaded for bear?

21 lbs give or take, not including my belt. 12 of which is from my front and back level 4 ceramic plates.

Attached: 3F857810-2294-41BB-8FFA-D6013F3D4B85.jpg (4032x3024, 2.98M)

useful resource for mountain oper8in: docdroid.net/Kjbk134/afghan-pre-deployment.pdf

militarytimes.com/opinion/commentary/2018/07/18/commentary-heres-why-fighting-youth-obesity-is-a-matter-of-national-security/

Reposting this from Jow Forums

Attached: Screenshot_20190331-113729_Firefox Beta.jpg (1418x2044, 911K)

>fatties make bad soldiers
Thank you for your insight, Major General Obvious.
>t. 30 BMI fatfuck

More like a nation of fat fucks can't yield a fighting force like a nation of farm boys could a hundred years ago. Crazy thing is people were concerned in the 60s, too.

jfklibrary.org/learn/about-jfk/jfk-in-history/physical-fitness

Can America truly yield a fighting force to take on near peer adversaries in a full scale SHTF conflict?

does drinking a lot and huffing degreaser fumes count as a workout routine?

Attached: 1527655813914.jpg (1134x1203, 61K)

A full scale SHTF conflict is going to be a nuclear war, because any country that's a near-peer of the US is going to have access to WMD.

What rig is that?
Yeah OP I'm getting back in shape, itll be a few months before I'm running a good distance each day though

That's one of many reasons. Im starting the long cut for the summer tomorrow so wish me luck bros. Im mostly weighted calisthenics and dumbbells right now but hopefully I'll be able to make real gains once I get money for food and equipment.

>all that gear and still using M855

Attached: vY5NcJsq_400x400.jpg (400x400, 27K)

>M855
>Wrong
I’ll let you take another crack at guessing what Ammo that really is

Attached: E7E33058-F9CD-4ADF-90C1-D6E1E763C388.jpg (3024x4032, 2.31M)

It’s the mayflower APC, not a bad rig at all, I like it because it has swift clips so I can mount my AK chest rig on it if need be.

Attached: C532B051-E9E3-430F-A866-874C6FEE8C58.jpg (3024x4032, 1.9M)

I have the strangest urge to go buy Roman reenactor kit and do ruck marches in it.

Nope

I'm not fat anymore, going to the gym is boring as shit.

The angle of that picture is breaking my fucking brain when I look at the optic, it's like an optical illusion

Applying to my city fire department and I have to be able to bench 90% of my weight. I can barely do 1pl8. How fucked am I?

That's the endgame. Right now, I just want to stop weighing more than 200lbs.

my sleeping bag smells bad and the smell won't go away

I have been I sometimes work out in my gear. I am the most jacked person at my work and I only know one person in better shape than me.

How much do you weigh? The only thing you can do is to keep at it, work out at least 4 times a week, maybe a 5th day for cardio. You'll want to work on all your muscles and not just your bench. Firefighting isn't a career field where you can get away with being weak. Keep at your lifts, and make sure you're getting enough protein. I'd wager that if you are incapable of meeting their strength requirements, you won't get in.

never was fit. used to be chubby at 190lbs. Gained literally 60lbs in a year because I've given up on everything.
I hated myself at 190 and I hate myself now. Death when?

Yes, trying to drop to 70kg, 9% body fat. Strength to weight will be insane. Then ill go to japan, get bitches and get fat. In asia i am most definitely chad.

Buddy, the only person thats going to change your situation is you. I've seen some remarkable fatty transformations before, and 250 isnt really even that bad. Start with little things. Cut soda completely, you drink water now. Cut (((coffee))) drinks completely, you drink black coffee now. Be mindful how much sauce/dressing you put on your food. Monitor your intake and maybe pass on that second helping.

Once you're comfortable with the above, move on to eating healthier. Avoid fast food in general, even their salads are high in fats and calories. If you do need to get fast food, don't get the fries and avoid chicken sandwhiches, because they're heavily fried. Avoid snack foods like chips, cookies, brownies, etc. Try carrots and hummus instead. Chicken is your new best friend. There are so many recipes out there for healthy, easy food that you really don't have an excuse. You could do a chili with ground turkey meat, and eat healthy all week with little effort. There are a ton of options, and the "fact" that eating healthy is expensive is a fucking meme.

While you're working on your diet, start being more active. A gym would be the best way to do it, but I understand that going to a gym can be overwhelming and intimidating. You can go on walks, start riding a bike, do push ups in your own home, kayaking, whatever.

Ultimately, you are the only one who can change it. People get discouraged looking at how long of a journey it is, thats why you need to take it in steps. One thing at a time, one day at a time. Change will be gradual, but a year from now you'll look back and see how much you've improved. Don't die user.

This.

>Was at 320 at highest
>Down to 260, lowest was 250 before I rebounded for a bit (life kind of fell apart)

You have to want to change. Once you have that drive, it's as easy as controlling your intake and exercising.

I still have around 60lbs to go until I'm happy, but already I feel so much better. I can run without getting winded. My arms and now chest are start to show muscles I didn't even know I had. Once you get to that point, it's intoxicating and you don't want to stop.

Whenever I work out, I use this mentality to keep myself going. Mostly as a just in case,so I can run or lift things if I need to.

All that tacticool shit, but standard charging handle. user you disgust me.

Trash

That's a PRI Gasbuster, dipshit.

Attached: hhXl-szu8J4M4vV5WGuoa3lKc.jpg (850x477, 49K)

>not being 200+ lbs of muscle and man
Pfftt

>that pic
I was making serious gains during the 2016 election because I figured there was increased possibility of civil war. Starting that mentality back up.

Up your cardio and hit the weights anons. Bad times for our nation are ahead. Plus you should be fit

HELL YEA BROTHER

Attached: 2010-MALL-NINJA-SMALL.jpg (436x800, 51K)

Bench 3rep max 102kg
DL 105kg 5rep Max
Squat 90kg 5 rep max

Weight 78kg
Will I survive?

No. You'll die eventually like the rest of us

Even if that's some kind of Green Polymer tip, you're still a turbo faggot.

Full scale SHTF is when the house of Saud is overthrown and it’s replacement chooses to use literally any other currency in exchange for oil. At this point every major economy will realize that it has no use for USD reserves, and they start unwinding their positions in US treasury holdings.
The good news is that your salary will increase 1000x, per hour. The bad news is that there are no longer any jobs.

What's Jow Forums's functional strength weights program? I don't want to become a starting strength T-rex, been doing couch to 5k lately to work on asthma in preparation for airforce eligibility testing but I've only got a bench press at home (and a tiled floor so can't do deadlifts or squats) so I've been badly neglecting strength training

Attached: jYt3ihr.jpg (775x1032, 225K)

I personally got one of those cheap ass door pullup bars, some free weight dumbbells, and just did a mix of pushups (till muscle failure, once or twice a day) and curls at a given weight till muscle failure. Basically, just pick one or two of the three and do them till you physically can't anymore. If you can do more then 8-10 bicep curl reps you need to go up 5-10 pounds up till around 35 lbs.

My advice is worth what you paid for it, I got meningitis after a few months of seriously working out, lost all my gains, haven't really gotten back into it.

I dunno if starting strength T-Rex is a meme or not, any exercise is better than none.

Oddly enough, my fat ass has gotten into going to the gym lately. At least I’ll make it 40 meters instead of 10 before dying of a heart attack

Same same. I used to be down at 170 then shot up to 220 over a year

Probably after a couple more cheese burgers. What caused you to give up?

You’d figure it would be stronger since we’re always beating our dicks half to death.

Yes, was 340 in April 2017, am now 170. Trying to cut to 160-155 to attain Tyler Durden mode to impress normies this summer. Am 6ft for reference.

Attached: brad-pitt-workout-routine-Main-480x320.jpg (480x320, 45K)

77gr tmk? You have your zero's written down for switching ammunition? make sure to do fouler shots inbetween

I hike on my property with my ar500 plate carrier, goddamn that bitch is heavy going up and down hills. Need to train more.

Loose skin?

>been trying to run the smoker out of my lungs
>catch cold
EVERY BREATH IS PAIN!

Attached: 1517106244029.jpg (960x902, 73K)

Some around my waist but im able to cover it by wearing my pants slightly higher. I got lucky, most people who lose that much weight have it worse than me.

Nice.

i just limit calories to stay in ok shape, fuck it. i hate sweating.

>He’s jealous of black hills 77gr TMK, some of the best Ammo money can buy
SAD!

Attached: 55D4E721-60B1-4999-BD2C-9AC7CA1D9180.jpg (3024x4032, 826K)

1. Cut our standing military to 10% of it's current size
2. Have optional military training classes and bootcamp that earn you scholarships if you pass
3. Give all upstanding youth a tax credit towards a rifle once they graduate

When I read that Marine report that sending troops to the border would take away from our "duties overseas," I got legitimately angry. Our military serves no purpose whatsoever, they're just the World Police and have no obligation to defend American citizens. Abolish most of the military and fold Marines into the Navy. Just keep a citizen militia that can be called up in the case of an invasion.

Good eye user

Attached: A6E9FE83-E8B1-4C97-BF44-AB0C167CA8DF.jpg (3024x4032, 2.94M)

>tfw skinny as fuck at 149 lbs
>not even navy boot could help it, where a good bit of the days I ate 1000 to 1200 calories in peanut butter alone
That being said I’m doing C25K again as well as other cardio and bodyweight shit.
>inb4 durr do u eben left
I would love some gains, but I have a feeling I’m going to be doing a lot more running/moving around in a SHTF scenario than lifting, though I do use the backpack I have as a weight.

Stair workouts and pushups because I might as well kill my joints now. Or are stairs better than squats for that kind of stuff?

>making good progress
>have stroke in 2018

Hard to get fighting fit with only one working arm but im swimming weekly and working the bag a bit to keep my functional arm strong.

>1"
That's pretty poor performance for a MatchKing.

You know it user. I have rough hold overs memorized. I really just switched to the TMK because I wasn’t getting groups I wanted out of the OTM. Plus where I’m located, 200 yard shots are about as far as you will get.

Attached: CE533608-CCC2-4A3E-B3E4-7CCCA2CBFC9D.jpg (2127x657, 875K)

Nice man, I wish I could do something like that. I’m sure it’s fucking exhausting to do.

Attached: 4E99EE23-42E4-4E68-8F31-652402F669A9.jpg (1125x2001, 809K)

>Is Jow Forums keeping fit to fight?
Nah. I've completely slipped.🥥

LOL! post your groups then.
It cracks me up to see people sit there and whine about under MOA groups using a red dot and no rest. At that range my Aimpoint is over 2x bigger then the circle I put those rounds into and I’m no precision shooter.

Attached: FD6C7979-DC26-4588-B3F2-ECBCF3730A92.jpg (4032x3024, 2M)

I'm the same way user; don't focus on gains, focus on density and power. I work at an airport heaving 30-70lb bags for 8hrs, been doing it for 8-9 months and I've lost 20lbs I didn't know I could lose, my cardio has skyrocketed, my mental thresholds (how strong I think I am vs how strong I actually am, actually a huge thing) have improved, and my overall 'move deadweight' power has improved, bt I have no obvious gainz beyond looking a little more cut than I did a year ago. Bodyweight & cardio is your friend; try to build strength like a gymnast. High horsepower, high density, low mass. Get a 30lb kettlebell too and do some shit with that; Turkish getups or farmer carries, etc.

>let's just ignore the unmarked flyer over on the right, m'kay?

That’s what I’ve been focusing on, I knew for a long time I’ll never be Schwarzenegger tier but honestly as long as I have at least some physical strength I don’t really mind, much better than being a fat fuck IMO. And even if I got the cut in the end Navy boot did get my ass in gear, which I’m thankful for.

I don't quite think you'd want a hulk grip on something so delicate and important

Yes, and boxing

Why are you shooting for groups with a red dot, then?

How else am I gonna rape you?

everyone exaggerates how great their groups are on the internet, ignores "fliers", or follows the belief that the smallest pair theyve shot represents their accuracy. Dont let it bother you.
I used to be bothered by people lying or not understanding how to measure groups to such an extent I started to sit and watch other peoples' groups while at different ranges for hours at a time between load developing and plinking with too many guns. Everyone is full of shit and should feel bad aside from the actual precision rifle guys and even they exaggerate at times.
To get 1" extreme spreads at 100 yards even with a magnified optic and free float but using a CL barrel is a good rifle ammunition combination and shooter

>optic
>optical illusion
Heh

the irony is that near half of applicants in ww1 and still similar numbers in ww2 were denied service because they were vastly underweight

Yea we probably should ignore the 30cal
Bullet hole when measuring 5.56 groupings.

To see what Ammo my rifle likes the best.

Attached: 3948FDCC-20E3-435F-BC2F-815E5CF2858C.jpg (4032x3024, 3.46M)

Of course user. Prepping for the Civil War.

Attached: 1523259523492.jpg (1280x781, 169K)

Absolutely. Even if there's no civil war coming - or any conflict at all - it's good to keep in shape. It keeps your mind sharper, makes you happier, and improves shooting accuracy.
You'd be a fucking fool in this day and age to not work out, especially considering how monumentally cheap it is to go to a good gym anymore. $50/mo to get Jow Forums is fucking absolutely nothing.

A convenient excuse for an inconvenient truth: the ammo probably didn't group that good and we really have no idea of knowing whether you're full of shit or not.

For real, it’s whatever. It’s like the quarter MOA or it sucks Arfcom boomer logic. People just like to shit talk

Attached: 6280B74D-80DD-4A4F-B83A-6335AF832BE5.jpg (3024x4032, 3.03M)

>keeping fit to fight?
Absolutely not
>¿
Food tastes good

>he doesn't have a power rack at home

Attached: fuckinmanlets.png (976x1412, 69K)

Oof... I am 165 and 5’12”, but I “feel” overweight, and I just don’t have the will to get into shape. Any advice?

Lol we have more evidence that I’m atleast has gunz, stranger. More then we can say about you.

Attached: 5FAB2469-B708-43C8-9470-0D82B0B76535.jpg (4032x3024, 2.86M)

5’12..... don’t you mean 6’ user?

Get a personal trainer. If you have an appointment with someone you will actually go to the gym. Plus you can learn from someone who actually knows their shit, so you'll have a better workout with less chance of getting injured.

euro?

darlings, your penises are both beautiful, now shut the fuck up and go back to /arg/.

this can't be true, 75pounds is below "trainer" in grippers, even girls can do those

Fine, let’s kiss and make up

Attached: 00532A8E-E8CE-429C-90DA-3C889A6E02BF.jpg (1125x1484, 2.51M)

Here are my $.02, I do a modified starting strength, I follow the core of it but add accessories to it. Look up sean10mm fitness starting strength alternative, it will keep you more balanced and less Trex like

Fukken training for a triathlon right now. Can run 5 miles without stopping, can swim a mile without stopping. Run is my weakpoint rn.

Yes, but its because I hate when land whale try to be operator, if I get like that im going to kms

Attached: bob.jpg (268x400, 25K)

About an hour ago I did 82 pullups in exactly 50 mins. I weigh about 190 pounds (haven't weighed myself in a while now) and am 33 years old.

Good??

I started working out and dieting about 3 weeks ago, I went to the doctor for a physical and weighed in at 295, I weighed myself yesterday at 284. Most of my routine has been about 40-50 minutes of running/walking/biking/elliptical machines and then some upper body work until I feel like quitting. I'm 6'4" and have been limiting myself to 500 cals a meal and have been consistently under

hit 440lb on my deadlift last week and ran a 5 minute mile

that's pretty darn exceptional. Just try to get them closer together and make sure you aren't cheating them.

That’s impressive user. Best I ever ran was 5:40 splits for 5k

Attached: DF43DC29-105D-465B-92D7-CD00F14CDC6D.jpg (3024x4032, 1.92M)

I really like this picture. Depth(?) is pretty cool