US Army new sub compact weapon

So apparently the US Army has selected the APC9 Pro from B&T as new SCW

soldiersystems.net/2019/04/01/us-army-selects-bt-for-sub-compact-weapon/

>B&T haters on suicide watch

Attached: 019E9871-B790-4F8A-A115-9F50FA6006F2.png (1500x1000, 511K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/01/breaking-us-army-selects-bt-for-new-sub-compact-weapon/
soldiersystems.net/2019/01/22/shot-show-19-bt-entries-for-us-army-sub-compact-weapon-ota/
loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/u-s-army-adopts-hollow-point-ammo-m-17-m-18/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

I'll believe it when I see it being used.

can it operate with the stock collapsed? looks like stuck brass for days if you tried.

Wish they would have picked the Stribog. It deserves some love.

Why the fuck would you go from MP5s to these shitheaps?

shhh shhh poorfag

It can.... Once

Switzerland will grow larger

Why would you even use an SMG at all these days?

There was literally nothing wrong with the MP5, this is even dumber than the new pistol.

>US army
>indicator of quality

call me when some afghani goat herder starts a contract with your favourite manufacturer.

Cute! I want two for Akimbo hijinx.

What's the new pistol they adopted? I thought it was still the Beretta

This looks smaller which is a good enough reason

>B&T haters
What kind of faggot--
Oh these kind of faggots

If you're going that small, with a pistol caliber, put the mag in the damn grip already.

oh hey look, an overpriced vz61

>implying a choice (heavily restricted by a very limited budget) made by some goatfucker which only knowledge comes from a fucking holy book written in arabic is an indicator of quality

Don’t you have some german blond women to rape Muhammad ?

The army specifically said they didn't want the mag in the grip.

And I specifically am saying that's dumb.

MP5lets on suicide watch lmao

Fucking this. What's the point of having the mag not in the grip if they're using pistol rounds?

>hey, let's make our gun much much longer for no actual benefit or gain!

Attached: 600px-Mp9.jpg (600x347, 20K)

Not them but I’ve never heard of B&T

because they are fucking cool, faggot

Attached: 1496537978834.jpg (660x1024, 46K)

If they wanted compact, Swiss, and B&T why didn't they go with the vastly superior MP9?

Attached: Mp9.jpg (750x434, 108K)

How much longer actually?? Front grip on the b&t seems too short

I know it's vanity but I really hate how smgs/rifles with pistol thick magazines look. I wish they'd fatten the magazine or thin the magwell so they would fit.

B&T makes HK look like taurus

Hadjis don't wear armor.

But their guns are ugly.

why is US always taking the worst option they are presented with?

>Army
>logic

No u😃

Mountain Jews on par with SAN in terms of quality

t. delusional amerilard

B&T guns are for the most part toys and have quality to reflect that. Breaking triggers/trigger housing, flaking finishes. They're not some super magical gun, they're an extruded aluminium and polymer modern firearm. Only people who overhype B&T products are delusional Clapistanis who get them at artificially high prices.

I thought this was an April Fool's joke.

Looks like someone tacticooled a grease gun

Bullshit. Hold one in your hands and then get back to me.

What the fuck kind of autism is that?

>army has retarded arbitrary requirements for their new service weapon
Are you actually surprised

The M17 aka the Sig P320.

Attached: sig-sauer-m17-ms[1].jpg (1000x688, 35K)

Lmao keep crying faggots

Attached: B0370AA1-FF3B-4B12-B67D-783016831A73.png (236x282, 55K)

You mean why would they pick this over the shitheap that is the MP5?

Ah so these guns are for MP, that clears things up a bit.

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/01/breaking-us-army-selects-bt-for-new-sub-compact-weapon/

But I wanted the MP9

The US military is stuck with ball 9mm, they cannot use hollowpoints because even though the country never endorsed the Hague Accords they still abide by them.

Ball 9mm sucks dick at killing things, with or without armor, and is orders of magnitude worse than [literally any rifle round] even out of tiny barrels.

Wonder what happened to the MPX contract they already signed

It's not smaller than an MP5K. It might be a bit lighter though.

Because HK doesn't make the MP5 any more and dropped all support for it. Which means when they break HK can't/won't fix or replace them.

>Because HK doesn't make the MP5 any more and dropped all support for it.
Gonna need some proof for that chief.

It seriously should have been this. Smaller, lighter, locked breech instead of straight blowback. Seriously what appeal does the APC9 have over this?

Stock design is fucking stupid

The MP9 with the stock folded is 82mm (3.2") shorter than the APC9 Pro Kwith the stock collapsed (303 vs 385mm). While having a 20mm (0.78") longer barrel and both an integrated 3-lug supporessor mount and 1/2x28 muzzle threading (the APC9 Pro K needs a screw-on adaptor for 3-lug, adding 3/4")

The MP9 can also fire its entire mag with the stock folded as the stock doesn't interfere with the ejection port or controls, unlike the APC9 Pro K.

False, the US never signed and uses 147gr JHP.

>what happened to the MPX contract they already signed

FMS

>even though the country never endorsed
No fucking shit retard.

And no, the military does NOT use hollowpoint pistol ammo in combat. The ONLY people that get it are CONUS MPs, and they carry 124gr standard pressure Gold Dots and not 147s.

...cute...

B&T's entry isn't the PRO K.

soldiersystems.net/2019/01/22/shot-show-19-bt-entries-for-us-army-sub-compact-weapon-ota/

Bro, do yourself a favor and get caught up.

HK actually went into the offer with their UMP. The reason why the B&T APC9 Pro won, is (besides the fact that it fulfilled the other requirements) because it can take Glock and SIG P320 mags.

The article in the OP has a picture of the Pro K and specifies the "APC9K". It very clearly isn't the -SD variant, and very clearly isn't the full-size variant.

Post proofs then. A picture, a DODIC, fucking anything showing hollowpoint handgun ammo used somewhere outside the continental US by someone in a US military uniform.

The Army's own statements about M17 ammo.

I said actually fucking post proofs. Someone saying they may eventually get around to having something =/= them both having and using it.

It wastes more American tax dollars.

They use hollowpoints now chief.

The real question is how B&T is going to be able to fulfill a large order. They don't have the resources..

two guys in a garage with a few new hires fulfilled the L96 contract, it's possible depending on the time frame they are given.

See
Give some form of proof besides "lel they say they're gonna adopt it with the M17". Pictures of a US servicemember carrying it OCONUS, DODIC, DODAAC, purchase order, fucking literally anything at all besides some fucking PR statement from 3 years ago.

Because I work in an Army ASP and I can 100% assure you the only fucking hollowpoint pistol ammo in the entire facility is a small lot that we can only give to MPs for on-post use. And they're 124gr standard pressure Gold Dots in commercial packaging.

>order of 300 with option to buy up to 1000, over entire course of contract
>large
pick one

They don't have to produce them inhouse. In fact, the contract probably says that a significant part of production will have to be done in the US, so B&T USA will just license the design to a couple of third party US factories is my guess.

>loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/u-s-army-adopts-hollow-point-ammo-m-17-m-18/
They are in the process of switching over to xm1153 JHPs for combat use.

Attached: smug pooh.jpg (640x640, 55K)

Wait a second

Attached: Battlefield 2142 EU SMG Turcotte.png (1596x1056, 475K)

None of the units issued M17 have been deployed yet, you know this and demanded specific proofs that could not be given.

where can I get this gasmask?

impeccable taste, user

Barrett and AI did it

It's a British S10 mask, I'll leave the e-shopping googling to you

Join Umbrella's special mission unit

is right, prove me wrong

Attached: 1552632065830.jpg (1024x770, 214K)

Great movie, all it takes is one bad day

>for no actual benefit or gain
They probably wanted to the feel of handling the gun to be as close to a typical service rifle as possible.

Its too big for the job. Dumbasses

Because Bullpups are scary

The US Army is a bunch of dumb niggers

I would take a 7" 5.56 over any SMG.

The MP5 is a fine submachine gun, so is the B&T, but the MP5 is a better work horse.

SBR > SMG

It's no use carrying something the size of a rifle, which hits like a pistol. Micro Mac/Uzi is as big as SMGs should be.

Attached: EFFECTS of BARREL LENGTH on BORE PRESSURE ppt - WednesdayCumberlandPhilipDater[...].png (1202x929, 879K)

ejection port looks blocked. Does it cycle correctly with the stock collapsed?

Even if the US had to abide by the Hague ban on expanding ammunition that still only applies to its use on lawful, uniformed soldiers during times of war. The US hasn't fought another government's uniformed troops since the initial invasion of Iraq.

>Because HK doesn't make the MP5 any more and dropped all support for it
>source: my ass

>collapsed stock rail over ejection port
What were the cuckoo clock krauts thinking?

Attached: fa8b8b405e9097069b9daab734a19a40--bear-meme-top-.jpg (343x517, 23K)

Swiss here, based.

Attached: mountain jew shekels.jpg (830x475, 150K)

I hate the look of a pistol mag not using up the 5.56 magwell.

That is no mudslime, that is either a vatnik or a yuropoor. You can tell by the assrage and obsession with America.

Yes give us your money

Attached: 6587969743.jpg (548x550, 282K)

Observe as the guccifag desperately tries to rationalize paying $2000 for a straight blowback pcc

it's

so

fugly

>"Watch this Hans, I'll fuck up the design in a glaringly obvious way and these dumb Amerimutts will still spend money for it!"

>"Lol, good one Achmed!"

Hans is more a German name. Many (older) Swiss people are named Hans of course but if you want an exclusive Swiss name try Reto, Beat, Urs etc