Downloading Squad atm and watching a video tutorial. How strong is the autism in this game...

Downloading Squad atm and watching a video tutorial. How strong is the autism in this game? Do they really all talk like they were operating SF IRL? Or is it just this one weird dude who made a video tutorial?

Oh, and Jow Forums games thread i guess

Attached: 255928265.jpg (780x586, 70K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_schizophrenia
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>autism
So far I haven't experienced any. I've been with Squad Leaders with varying levels of proficiency. Very few however have been autists.

huh, guess I'll see. besides, am i missing something or is this basically exactly the same game as PJ with updated graphics and less content?

It's okay on the autism, usually just incompetent SL's sometimes who don't really know what they're doing. Nothing like Arma where your SL tells you to make staggered columns with 8 distance between every member has you pack exactly 300 rounds of ammo

Yes, it has less content and is less developed but movement is more smooth and the graphics are far better. It's also not running on a 20 year old engine so that's nice. It also has a larger playerbase but has lots of noobs so don't expect the dedicated hardcore fanbase pr has

>gry online
Chuj w dupę lemingom

wat

I really hate how the Unreal engine deals with far textures, everything gets so pixelated it just gets stupid. Say what you wan't about PR, but the old school graphics pay off in the fact that you can actually make out bad guys from afar.

>PR guy
>Try out Squad
>Play as AR
>SL: "Alright break break break, we're gonna push up to the next CP. We're gonna take the trucks, which mean's four of you have to stay behind."
>Me: "Can't we all just walk?"
>Next CP is only 250 meters North
>SL: "Do what I say or I'll kick you."
>Me: "Oh boy."
After like 7 minutes of shuffling everyone with one truck and making a fob off in the distance for literally no fucking reason
>Some guy in the squad: "Hey user, your momma's so fat-"
>SL: "clear comms"
>Not even speaking on squad chat, but on close chat
>Finally about to go into the CP. SL: "Alright, roger roger, okay [*breathes in*] AR, I wan't you to take point as we move in to the town, HOW COPY OVER? *PSSHHH*
>Me: "Wouldn't I be better as a base of fire as you guys go in?" Literally nothing but open space between the hill we were on and the town.
>Get shot from behind
>Friendly fire
>It was the SL
>Kicked out of squad two seconds after getting TK'd
>Uninstall Squad

Project Reality is a pretty good game, you might wan't to try that.

Attached: a sad kinda aesthetic.jpg (800x800, 146K)

yeah i'm already thinking about a refund. but what else would i spend 35 yurobucks on? something that i can't just pirate

btw i loved the sound effects in squad. best gunshots i ever heard in any game.

Attached: 563534.jpg (606x452, 46K)

False, you've never experienced true gun sounds until you've shit your pants while getting shot at in PR. Especially from the sound of a TOW coming at you. Fucking PTSD inducing.

Attached: PR_TOW.png (775x582, 592K)

>PR shill makes up a story to get people to play his dead game
as usual

>en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoid_schizophrenia

SQUAD IS UNIRONICALLY THE BEST Jow Forums GAME OUT RIGHT NOW.

>suggest alternative strategy to squad leader who has never heard of small unit tactics
>squad leader TKs for this
>leave squad
>report SL to server admins
>he gets kicked/banned
its really that fucking easy

Attached: cWCHEpA.jpg (1042x703, 212K)

Squad is a great game, there will be faggots but it's like csgo but better. You experience faggots but you just mostly lay back from them. Don't worry about larping shit, it is pretty natural and doesn't feel like forced larping tacticool shit. Though honestly I haven't played it in a few months because I got Linux. I'd love to though again. Best game in terms of gameplay.

Attached: 1551454939821.jpg (768x512, 82K)

what kind of stupid excuse is that? just use a fucking emulator or something, aren't there like a trillion out there? been years since i actually used linux but wtf

Is this the comm you're looking for?

Attached: 220px-Operation_Flashpoint_cover.jpg (220x266, 20K)

Noooo kolego

It is a good game but your fun depends entirely on how competent your SL/command is. It takes long to respawn and if there are no rally points and FOBs around you can walk for a long time to get into a fight even if there are vehicles around it can take minutes to drive to a fight. The game trying so hard at being tactical slows the gameplay down a lot and if you are not playing with dedicated teammates itcan get tedious.
It will then basically looks like this
>Get killed by APC
>Wait for a vehicle at the spawn because there are no FOBs around and SL is dead or can't put up a rally point
>Drive 2 minutes to drop off location
>Get ATGMed
>repeat

If you want to play it ideally do so with friends.

I remember the first time I heard that during a logi run, that was some scary shit.

Any one here still doing DayZ just got back in to it on the xbox been having some fun getting in an out of firefights

Attached: 2EB710E2-A9E5-4E2F-BDB9-71791B7DBE42.png (750x1334, 2.98M)

I farted and took a shit

An important mechanic of the game is knowing when to actually play the game and when to troll the fuck out of your retarded SL.

Hidden and Dangerous 2 was awesome, just the right mixture of fun and autism.

Attached: 1391305158609.jpg (640x480, 75K)

Squad ass to mouth? What?

I've had arma 3 installed for forever but never gotten into it. Is it similar to squad? Can I just hop in any server and fit in? I've messed around making battles between bots but nothing really beyond that.

Attached: giphy.gif (318x320, 3.37M)

Insurgency sandstorm so far as been the best balance between fun and autism for me

Squad depends totally on the quality of your actual squad leader

>join match
>squad doesn't talk at all
not fun

>join match
>squad leader is a micromanaging angry prick
not fun

>join match
>squad is fine but you're all building a super fob or just generally being pogs while the rest of your team is pushing ahead without you
not fun

>join match
>squad leader is having fun and not blowing up at people
fun

unfortunately, these 4 cases each represent 25% of the gameplay, so joining any individual server only has a 1/4 chance of resulting in you having a good time.

No you can play koth servers at 40fps or you can jump through hoops to find a discord "milsim unit" of autists.

So, yes, emulation of windows or virtualization/wrappers have really come a huge ways in the years, especially with Valve's SteamPlay which is a derivative of Wine that turns DirectX into Vulkan. However, even though the game itself Squad runs on those work arounds, the real problem is with EasyAntiCheat which squad uses. EasyAntiCheat prevents Squad running on wrappers and shit from connecting to legit servers, also many times you'll run into microphone problems because the Squad in game voice system doesn't work well at all with Linux.

Believe me when I say I tried. But cause it's my favorite game, I am going to keep trying.

Attached: 1550038150333.jpg (1600x1094, 209K)

Zjebany portal dla libtardów.

Attached: 1551725503445.png (960x732, 849K)

how do I overcome my fears and lead a squad?

Don't take this literally. It may seem as if there are a lot of faggots but most people are good and you can work with them. If not you can usually join a different squad and/or get them banned/kicked. At worst, you need to join another server but I never did that myself. When I played, if you were kind and reasonable (quadchannel isn't Jow Forumsind at all) then almost everyone would work with you and let you do shit.

The reason there are a lot of faggots is because this game is like CSGO in terms of the need to rely heavily on individual people + skill, causing cancer and toxicity, but on a much larger scale because it's a large multiplayer shooter with 100+ people generally.

Attached: 1551445428527.jpg (683x1024, 379K)

>Paying for early access game
lmao, just play Project Reality, at least it has content.

The autism is really server dependent. Also if you are watching Kramakut he as power autism that does not represent the community at all. People are aggressive enough in the game so some times its a snooze fest. I like to shout tempo tempo tempo in command comms after a couple beers.

dual boot tard.

To lead a squad well you need to be able to adapt fast and be decisive and that's after you make sure that you can coordinate with people and work together well. Being nice an possible even though I sound like a cuck is the best way to do this.

To really overcome your fear, just commit to it. Tell yourself you're gonna do it. Half ass commitment where you aren't really thinking about commiting and instead thinking about how to squad lead is the real reason you have a fear that cripples you. If you fully commit and be decisive, then you will be able to lead without stopping. Just make sure that you communicate well and see yourself through the entire way. Especially cause this is a game, you should be open to other suggestions too.

Attached: 1551445563368.jpg (2937x1958, 740K)

Dual booting sucks imo tho but I might succumb to that eventually.

Attached: 1551444920001.jpg (1600x1067, 857K)

Why would I play a ten year old game with the worst admin support ever and servers that only play three maps. Muttrah city, khamisiyah, and beirut over and over again.

those 3 maps have more variation than the static flags of squad lmao

Realize everyone is dumber than you and flocks to anyone with an ounce of leadership ability. You don't have to do the right thing you just have to keep doing something and if you are not explain why. I spend 75% of my games as SL defending caps because no one else will. I always thank my dudes for playing a long and remind them that it will be because of them that the team wins 9% of the time.

>static flags of squad
He doesn't know.

so squad has multiple presets of objectives that are randomly picked?

Attached: l.png (508x518, 532K)

>be 2009
>apply for Insurgent Commander on Basra
>have no clue what to do b/c my first time as commander
>peopel demand something in broken English
>I can't through low quality voice comms
>I follow SL advice best I could
>start pressing options on mini map
>drop mortar strike on mosque spawn
>drop another on friendly forces
>voice comm erupts with anger
>some 14yo is singing "drop CHARNAME down the well, so my country would be free"
>kick
>ban
>trying to appeal on ban on server's clan forum
>"nah mate, I've been in that battle and You aren't getting ban lifted, peeiod

Steel Division 2

KOTH is OK, but Arma's playerbase is filled with probable NEETs who do nothing but play Arma.

Is this game worth the money, I used to play the fuck out of it on pc back when it was new in 2013 but I can’t justify spending the money on it when it’s so buggy

No, the game is fucking shit. Do not touch the poop.