Korean War: 1950-1953

Let's remember the Forgotten War! Post pictures, stories, questions, aesthetics, favorite MASH episodes, and anything else related to the war on the Korean Peninsula.

Attached: Korean-War-Memorial.jpg (1512x1512, 1.08M)

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-usa-memorial-korea/ohio-towns-korean-war-memorial-under-fire-for-blunders-idUSKBN0E927M20140530
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

My grandpa was there. 1st Cavalry

Attached: 1st_Cavalry_Division_CSIB.png (180x243, 63K)

nevar 5get

Attached: KoreaMemorial.jpg (2200x1648, 700K)

>ywn be a chad sabre pilot
why even live?

Attached: Korean_War_in_pictures (37).jpg (1600x1188, 146K)

holy shit, who makes shit like that

is that even real?

Some cool anachronisms there - dudes in PASGT helmets, a Huey, and some PLAAF F-7s.

Memorial production was outsourced to India

yes, sadly it was real. Google "ohio korean war memorial"

Fortunately, local granite company volunteered to fix it, they sanded out the bulshit and replaced it with something that makes sense. Here's the current one.

Attached: fixed chillicothe.jpg (2000x1500, 1.34M)

>Memorial production was outsourced to India

This user is not joking. They really ordered it in poo-land, and not only that - the imagery itself was also put together by the pajeet company.
reuters.com/article/us-usa-memorial-korea/ohio-towns-korean-war-memorial-under-fire-for-blunders-idUSKBN0E927M20140530

Anyway, at least they fixed it later, see

And it seems one of the few correct parts of the memorial was taken from the Korean memorial in DC

Attached: Korean+War+Memorial8.jpg (800x522, 219K)

That's gonna be a yikes from me.

how come this war is often overlooked? because of vietnam? the lack of hollywood movies about it? was it different prior to vietnam?

Attached: ron speirs.jpg (429x604, 58K)

My grandpa (RIP 2/12/19) was there in '64 apart of 1st Cavalry as a unit police. Still have all of his badges, medals, and photos.

Attached: EF1E75DB-F752-45F1-8352-0FB556D5B331.jpg (1024x751, 168K)

I am still here because the ROK is too retarded to make itself defensible and the US government is totally cool with artificial selection. Hat is off to the gents who raised a middle finger to communist aggression but we should have packed our shit and left in the 90s

Mine was there too, Rock of the Marne

This is my granddad when he was 19. He served with 82nd Airborne in Korea and died in 2011

Attached: KIMG01631.jpg (461x615, 45K)

germ here, i once met a very creepy middle aged korean wearing a suit, at a trainstation. he started a conversation in english by asking me shit about the city we were in, and then shifted the topic to all the turks that are around in germany. he said koreans, to this day, acknowledge the Turkish UN troops as some of the toughest and bravest soldiers who fought in Korea. as opposed to the black americans, he said they are known to have been the most brutal and cowardly ones. then he started talking about german girls, who "love to be fucked by asian men".

i don't have any relatives who fought in korea, i hope i still could contribute to your thread. semper pie

Attached: 7456345.jpg (644x474, 64K)

t. urkroach

Are you implying i wasn't telling the truth? how dare you. Main station Oberhausen, around summer 2014. I'll never forget that weird fuck.

Koreans are universally retarded, pervy, drunken wierdos. Of course that dude said that shit and like all things Korean, he is probably wrong.

My grandpa used to be a soldier in the korean war until he took a bullet to the knee

Chosin is on Netflix if anyone is interested. Insane how horrifying this war was, the conditions, the way it "ended", McArthurs legacy, all of it. Male ego is the downfall of all great leaders and understanding how to bait it is a great tactic

my grandad would ditch his pistol belt on patrol cause it was heavy as fuck and pick it back up on the way back🐰

After WW2 the popular conscious wanted to forget all about war and problems. everything was just fine and thats all they wanted to hear
>Leave it to Beaver
>Green Acres
>I love Lucy
>thisisfine.png

whats with the tree stump on here?

Because America sort of retreated because it essentially would have been the start of WW3. It also ended extremely violently and US/UN forces were highly unprepared to fight the Chinese and in those conditions. You're talking about trucks of wounded/dying basically being left to the Chinese as the military was in full retreat, it's bad propaganda for a country that essentially lives/breathes military industrial/war propaganda since WWII

Can they not make a call of duty game out of this or are there not enough major set piece battles?

no one gives a shit boomer, we all love hearing exciting heroic stories about d-day and saigon, but literally who the fuck gives a shit about korea

i can't even name a single battle or anything remotely related to that stupid war, and i'm fucking proud of it

Operation Paul bunyan

Leave it to the Marines to make a propaganda victory out of a loss with Chosin Reservoir, I get that they were stacking chink bodies while running on fumes but they still had to retreat. They never stood a chance to hold that ground and their command didn’t help by positioning them on the sides of the hills around the reservoir and not on top of them. From what I read the chinks had to disband two entire infantry DIVISIONS from the mauling they sustained there at the hands of a regiment, not sure if that hurt the chinks at all though

My father in law served in the Canadian 5th(?) Horse Artillery during korea. He never really speaks about it, and only ever showed me a copy of one photo he had from his time in Korea. The .gov awarded him a couple honourable mentions and plaques he has hanging around the house.

>honoring men AND women who served and paid the ultimate price
>not a single woman's name listed
What fucking cowards, man.