Basefags...

Basefags, did you ever have to keep somewhat alert incase a hadjie had actually managed to sneak onto base or if ANA niggers were up to shady shit? or if Camel Spiders were invading again?

Attached: hqdefault-6.jpg (480x360, 35K)

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_2012_raid_on_Camp_Bastion
americandigest.org/mt-archives/005057.php
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That looks like an ant biting the legs of a tiny naked guy falling head first into that sleeve

Nigga what do you think standing post is for? Of course we did. Our squad had a fireteam on post at all times.

did it ever happen?

What ANA being up to shady shit? They are constantly doing shady shit they are literally the Taliban. Actually they weren't the worst, the ANP was. Our Corpsman once body slammed one of the ANA guys and knocked him out as a result. We stood up an extra couple guys at night to make sure they didn't frag us while we were asleep.

Taliban rarely did anything at night to attack our patrol bases. They mostly emplaced IED's or did night knocks harassing the locals.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/September_2012_raid_on_Camp_Bastion

You clearly are a never served. Camp Bastion is the size of a small city. There are military police on bases of its size and it is nothing like a regular combat experience.

Attached: to_big_of_feel.jpg (1024x771, 52K)

I feel like I had a pretty typical deployment experience. I deployed to Jisr Diyala in late 08 when the war was mostly over. I lived on a battallion+asset sided FOB for a week and then rotated out to a ANP compound for 2 weeks. On the big FOB, I didn't really give a fuck as we constantly had tower guard and sometimes roving patrols. There were no nationals on post after 9 PM, and the gate guards did a good job of making sure that everyone left. While on the ANP compound, constantly on guard. Those fuckers are shady as fuck. While snooping on roving patrol one night, me and my buddy found a stash of mortars and arty rounds. We told our PSG and he told us to shut up about it because we were snooping in an unassigned area. About a week later, we got hit with an IED within 100 feet of the compound entrance with shit just like what we found. My squad leader was about 5'5, and smaller than hell. little did the shitskins know, he was a gym rat and could out PT/fight almost anyone. They tried to rape him one night and he pulled the pistol from his PT shorts and pistol whipped 3 of them almost to death. It was swept under the rug on agreement of both side's commanders. After that the rift got bigger and we stopped smoking and joking with them. We viewed each other as more or less enemies and soon after were called back to the big FOB indefinitely after about 10 months.

in iraq there were always (and i mean always) stories going around of some hardcore jihadi ninja insurgents having snuck up to iraqi army posts killing everyone in a horrible brutal way and kidnapping some of them. and then ofc, there were stories about the thousands of thousands of horrible terrifying spooky ways they tortured them. i still suspect the army being the source of those rumors, to make sure everyone's always 100% alert no matter how fucking barren the surroundings are

>08 war over

Jokes on you. You were there too early

Early on (2003), we never had to worry. I supported unarmed convoys going to/from BAF and Camp Phoenix. Later on, the locals got pissed at Big Army and their games and started retaliating.
Fast forward to 2013....I was at a FOB in Kunar Province. The military decided that I didn't need a weapon. I was real nervous around those ANA sandniggers. They couldn't be trusted.

lmao what the fuck

> Southern Iraq, early '05.
> Near the end of our deployment, chillin in our tent one night when the first sergeant runs in, out of breath.
> Tells us a 13th COSCOM soldier has been kidnapped by the Madhi Army.
> Oh shit, it's happening!
> We check the motor pool and everywhere else people could be skating, hiding, fucking, etc.
> We're all accounted for. It's not one of ours.
> Kidnapped soldier turns out to be pic related.

americandigest.org/mt-archives/005057.php

Attached: BD1080-2.jpg (600x600, 104K)

probably the reason we dont have vietnam entirely declassified yet. sucks.

Where in kunar? We had some serious blue on green incidents in 2011/12

I was in Iraq in 05 and I’ve personally witnessed the aftermath of 2 instances of this. However, I don’t know how much sneaking they actually had to do, since we would routinely catch entire Iraqi army posts asleep at night on our patrols. The night after everybody at one outpost in our AO got executed. We found the new guys at the outpost sleeping literally where the entire outpost got got killed the day before, bloodstains still all over the place and everything.

what in the goddamn fuck

The Larger the base is the easier it is to infiltrate.

>implying you'd ever hear about the stories of Solid Habib S ranking your fobs

Lmao