Jow Forums here

Is lifting weights/strength more important than speed/cardio for shtf/outdoor survival

Attached: 478884-1527612289.jpg (1920x1860, 608K)

No. Since you can't really have both, cardio is king. If you work on cardio, you will not be as strong, if you work on strength, you will not be as agile. Notice the word "as."
You don't need to be able to carry a 20lb gun for half a mile. However, you might need to RUN a half mile.

Cardio would absolutely be the best thing to focus on for SHTF.

You can be both if you train smart and have an on point diet designed around reducing inflammation. The one or the other meme only applies if you’re top tier like powerlifting or running 100 mile races. You can still be stronger than 90% of people your height and run 10 miles just fine.

Cardio and bodyweight training is all you need

Strength is good for fighting. Most actual SHTF scenarios are really temporary WROL scenarios in which your logistics are still in tact, but mistakes can result in life or death situations where strength could put you on top. Strength can also be very intimidating. These are the reasons actual modern warriors might strength train. They have an entire logistics support team behind them, delivering them to the fight, supplying them, and med-evacing their casulties. They probably won't often hike 25 miles, but being a scary big wrestler could get them through tight spots.

Cardio and endurance are preferable if you lack those logistics. You don't own a big diesel truck with 100 gallons refill in the bed. You don't have a comfy bug in shelter. You don't have a bug out shelter. You don't have a team. You don't have medical professionals. In that case for most actual SHTF scenarios, having a duffle of essentials and walking away from a disaster might be realistic.

Go watch nutnfancy's bug out kit videos or his WROL videos. Lots of philosophy and rational thinking goes into the types of questions you're asking.

You're gonna make it, brah.

>nutnfancy
>strength is good for fighting

confirmed retard

please don't lick the windows on your way out

Nutn tier questions deserve nutn tier answers.

Feel free to explain your difference of opinion on the utility of strength training. I see you ignored my point about the value of being physically intimidating.

>Jow Forums here
Jow Forums here

Attached: DSCF9988.jpg (1440x1080, 299K)

>Since you can't really have both

You can absolutely have both, with regards to a normal person. You won't be able to compete at a high level at both endurance and strength sports, but you can still do far above average in both.

Cardio is extremely important especially for irregular forces, since speed/mobility is your go to. See Chechens, VC, Taliban, IS, etc...less gear, but highly mobile, with a bit of training and heart can make decent fighters. The Chechens were especially well known for their hasty manuevers

>you can't have both
when did this meme start?

No.
Unfortunately.

Tactical tripod;
Move
Shoot
Communicate

If you want to get in shape for a gun fight you need to do burpies, turkish getups, and sprints.
Not to mention the vast majority of proper responses to lethal force is usually to run away. But even when you don't; peeling, bounding, reacting to ambushes, etc, they all require you to move.

The dino thing is the next one I unlock and it would be perfect here.

Cardio and endurance are more important for sure. Large muscles take more resources to maintain. Without those resources, you can bet that strength will fade.

> scrupulously avoid bodyweight and cardio bcause "gains"
> get up to 274 pounds of muscle
> 8 percent bodyfat

der habbeing, day zero
> can't find my usual 4075 calories
> shiver myself to death
> tired as balls after working for 4 minutes
> can't run, bike, ruck or swim
honestly, being /fit is good for being /fit

militaries don't train that way cause it ain't useful.
swol-bros are always fobbits

Cardio and endurance. Get used to walking and being on your feet all day, esp if you have an office job. If you have health issues or low general fitness then address it now.

As what many have already said cardio and endurance are musts but a general level of upper body strength should also be considered, mostly shoulder strength. Movements like getting up and bounding from the prone in kit and conducting urban movements where your weapon is oriented to your sector of fire is a definite shoulder burner.

The answer is both. You have to be versatile: strong and spry and the endurance to keep it up, cus you never know exactly what life might throw at you, especially in SHTF. That being said, you probably won't have to do a single rep deadlift for 550, or run a sub 3 hour Marathon in order to survive

Has it right

Nigger how the fuck do you get your hear rate that low? I alternate between the gym and running a trail literally every day. Have been doing this for three months and my heart rate is still in the 70s. Maybe because I dip and drink a lot of coffee idk.

it depends on how you run. Are you running at a slow comfortable pace for 45+ minutes or are you doing short fast runs? Different intensities grow different areas in running.

>you can't be a well rounded healthy human being

Attached: 2ndbestgirl.png (426x477, 262K)

>he believes in happenings
>in current year plus three
Who's the window licker now?