/MSG/ Military Surplus General

What's next? Edition. What's on the list for you guys next? I'll be going for a nagant revolver soon, hopefully one with a 32 cylinder to boot. Then a Steyr Hahn, and probably a Type 46. Those are awfully aesthetic.

Attached: 20190224_143633_crop_945x756.jpg (945x756, 667K)

Other urls found in this thread:

discord.gg/NSgnyKm
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Anyone have any experience with the Not mk1 T sniper scope repro? Worth it? Good brand? Been looking at Red Mountain's copy

Nagant M1895, standard 7.62, either single or double action, whatever I can find.

It's always intrigued me.

Steyr-Hahns are awesome, got a 9x19 barrel for mine, and Lugerman fixed the sear/disconnector issue

You may want to look into pic related.

Also, next on my list is a Wobbly Boi incoming

Attached: IMG_4475.jpg (2448x3264, 1.68M)

I hope to either get a Swedish Mauser or a 6.5x50SR Arisaka as my next surp. Ideally, an early pattern Type 38 long rifle or carbine for an Arisaka. However, I've been lusting over Type 30s lately. I think I've been hooked and need a hook myself. What is a good deal on Type 30s and Type 38s run these days? Assuming matching numbers, very good bores, cleaning rods, and cancelled/defaced mums.

Attached: images.jpeg.jpg (335x150, 6K)

What would be a fair price for a decent condition Russian Makarov?

Attached: 0000463_2252232_001_560.png (560x560, 293K)

>Guy near me is selling a Swedish Mauser for $400.
>I won't be home for weeks and it will surely be gone by then.
The pain is real.

I'm getting my Type 38 sometime this week, so next on my list is a probably a SMLE, I need to round out my WWI collection.
There is a gun show in a few weeks though, so who knows what deals I may find.

Attached: Gew 98 stabby.jpg (3499x1072, 940K)

Type 30s are fucking expensive, but type 38s aren't bad. Mine is a matching late 30s nagoya, no mum with a repro firing pin but original cleaning rod. I paid about $250 before shipping and transfer. For $400 you could get the type 38 you want.
Is that spring better than the wolff ones?

Attached: 20190314_142611_crop_996x604.jpg (996x604, 511K)

Whops

Kar 88 or maybe a finnish nugget

Wolff springs are not flat-wire like a standard Steyr-Hahn Spring, this both looks and acts the part.

I am told the next power down will cycle 9mm Steyr just fine. This one might be a bit much for 115gr 9x19 so going to test with 124gr

As an aside, make sure this piece is not worn, that is what was affecting the ability to fire on mine.

Attached: Steyr-Hahn block.jpg (665x815, 206K)

Too busy being tactically comfy

Attached: IMG_20190330_231737237.jpg (1836x3264, 2.1M)

Who else here S I N G L E S H O T.

Attached: Model 1896 Rolling Block profile.jpg (3000x989, 668K)

Already have the ammo, just need a holster!

Attached: IMG_0663.jpg (2273x1897, 1.08M)

>tfw I can't even find a Swedish Mauser for less than $550
>had two deals on m/38s for $350 and $400 fall through last month
I feel your pain and it hurts.
I'll probably end up with a Type 38, it's just a matter of finding a nice one. Also, are Tokyo Artillery Arsenal Type 38s matched by serial number or assembly number? Which parts are marked with an assembly number? Also, I saw a beautiful Type 30 listed a few days ago and if I had $650 to spare, I would have probably bought it. It hurts, bros. I keep hoping that it's still up and the price is lowered to $550 in which case, I'll snag it but my hopes will probably be crushed like always.

Attached: 1549943534256.jpg (750x710, 64K)

Depends on when it was made. As far as I can tell the late 30s are when assembly numbers were abandoned.

Picking up a CZ 82 this Wednesday. Then im gonna focus on non surp for a bit. Plan on getting one of the DSA Israeli fals. Still have a barrel for my m16 parts kit on backorder and i will buy one of those psa AKV's when theyre back in stock. After all that ill probably get a garand

FYI J&G sales has some of those Mauser 'High Powers' in stock. In case anyone wants a high power clone for under $500

I'm thinking of texting him to see if I can pay half up front to hold it until I get back.

Well it SHOULD have been this but of course Grey Blanket shenanigans occured.

Attached: Screenshot_20190401-224545_GunBroker.jpg (1080x1920, 612K)

Jow Forumsapt, you have my sympathies.

im gonna buy a M1 Garand from a crazy old vet that obsessively cleans it and cares for it whilst also going shooting everyday for 7 hours when i turn 21.

Lemme run you through his day from what i have seen:
>wakes up
>changes into day clothing
>listens to 70s music
>makes lucnh usually "Sandwich, Chips, Apple Water bottle or coke
>gets M1 out of gun vault
>disassembles
>reassembles
>replace any parts or fix stuff if nessecary
>loads shit into truck
>drives to da woods or firing rnage
>shoots for 7 hours, eats halfway through for 30 minutes
>goes home
>cleans M1
>loads M1 into vault
>turns in for the night

he takes sundays off to go to church and do chores. poor guy lost his only love while he was killing gooks in Vietnam.
He has given me a bunch of military gear for low prices that he just has extra of. he brough home a Vietcong Flag and regularly pisses on it.
He is freakishly good with his gun though, i aspire to live like him when im a old fart.

based and redpilled

truly an american hero

Attached: Mauser.jpg (1079x724, 169K)

Attached: Mauser2.jpg (640x436, 60K)

sounds like your a normal human with a good heart, Godspeed

>what's next
Gonna get myself a Maadi AK this weekend. Expanding my Egypt surp guns hard.

Attached: 89454366375.jpg (750x543, 138K)

A true Man. Based and Jow Forumspilled.

Do it user. Score a deal on a nice Swede where I couldn't.
>tfw I went back to my LGS last month to buy an all matching Winchester P14 with a mint bore for $480 and it had sold the day after I first saw it a week earlier
March has never been a good month for me for the past few years.

Got my K11 yesterday. These Swiss straight pulls are pretty nice but i wouldn't want to be in the trenches with one. Seems to me the action would be fucked in no time.

Attached: IMG_0808.jpg (1600x1200, 506K)

Help an idiot out here. What object is the C&Rsenal image? Some kid of magazine?

Attached: CR.jpg (688x490, 50K)

It's an Enbloc clip and book.

Thanks user. what's the orange tab supposed to be?

A bookmark, like in those old looking books.

Haven't posted since before the discord got ZUCC'd. Feels weird

Attached: IMG_20170313_171313.jpg (4574x3006, 3.01M)

gonna get my hands on an all-matching byf 43 k98k that i've been eyeing for a while. pretty clear cartouches in the wood, which gets my dick hard

>What's next edition

Pic related. It's actually been near the top of my list for almost 2 years, but I haven't been in a position to drop nearly a g on one until now.

Attached: 52804f494a[1].jpg (680x359, 59K)

To the guy asking about M1 mags, the Koreans make repros, I bought some at a local gun show.

Attached: USA - M1 carbine.jpg (2560x1440, 1.11M)

Does your 1891 Carbine still have any grooves?
Mine has some left but very rounded and low, not sure if i should shoot it.

My worry is that the bore or something is majorly fucked up and I'd be paying for a dud. They state it has a shiny bore and has clear grooves but you can't really trust people.

Seriously considering a beat up mas 36 that was a veitnam bringback. How difficult is getting a hold of 7.5 french? I also know fuckall about them, anything to be aware of?

>Vietnam bringback mas 36
Well, I'd be curious as to why the seller thinks that's the case. 7.5 French is available online, PPU makes it. And look for the same stuff as any other surp, bore condition, matching numbers, wood and all that.

PPU makes it, pretty easy to get a hold of. Black enamel paint finish is more desirable than parkerized.

Which one? We're on the 3rd iteration.

Attached: 20190203_094952.jpg (3957x1069, 2.87M)

Pic related, metal parts are heavily pitted, along with the original wood being beat to hell, most likely from being innajungle for decades. It has been rebored to fire safely and does work.
Not sure if hes selling the stock that's on it with the rifle, it's not super clear.

Attached: SmartSelect_20190402-070909_DuckDuckGo.jpg (806x389, 194K)

Good to know, mainly looking for a shooter grade one to blast badgers with, but I'll keep that in mind.

in op's pic, why did they switch from those exposed mags to the flush 5 round ones?

First, then was invited back to second for like two weeks before that one got the axe

Attached: IMG_20171109_134718.jpg (3191x2521, 1.91M)

Because exposed mags are more complicated to make and easier to damage.

Me mum got one under the table for 100

S’going on /msg/? I’m just getting into surp and guns now, and I’m looking at my third addition. I’m torn between a Carcano M38 with no date because its so cheap or a Spanish Mauser from 1945/46. What do y’all suggest?

Attached: 41C5305D-7447-4B7D-8B1A-6C5281D38C0F.jpg (1024x764, 94K)

look how many smle fotos from ww1 have socks or whatever over the action to prevent that 20 cm open mechanic from getting too much mud rain after a good german shelling. dont think that a g1911/k11 will be more problematic with that.

So, other than it being beat to fuck there's no evidence it was ever in Vietnam?

I'd go with the Spanish mauser if it's matching and in reasonably good condition, if neither of them are nice then save your money for ones that are. Pretty carcanos and Spanish M43s aren't too uncommon.
The bore on this rifle is pretty fucking nice, despite the shit picture. It's one of the two reasons I decided to buy a non matching one, the other being the interesting half converted stock. I'll be shooting it next weekend, i hope. I bet yours will shoot fine

I'm a fucking retard

Attached: 20190402_082603_crop_510x425.jpg (510x425, 120K)

i have no single shots but i would snap up an ok condition 7mm or 30 06 rolling block in a heart beat.

a garand clip with a book innards.

Attached: IMG_6645~2.jpg (4045x2275, 2.81M)

Cheers user. I’ll go with the Mausers then.
>1946 one is a 8/10 bore-wise
>1945 is a 6/10
>both have matching serial numbers, good condition outside of bore etc
Which do you suggest?

Pretty much, but it's selling for 250, so not exactly at a premium. The date code fits for being a Vietnam bringback though.

Yugo M48 is on the way. What weight bullets do they typically like? I have 100 150gr ones, but people are saying that's too light.

Does anyone actually buy thru RIA? or does everyone just troll gunbroker for stuff? KInda thinking about bidding on an NRA 1895 in 30 06.

If they have 8mm mauser headspace gauges, I'd have them use em. Check if they both have the standard oviedo Crest and no obvious issues on the crown. All things being equal though, I'd go with the 1946 one for bore condition. I know some years are less common than others, but I don't know which ones. Here's my Spanish girl. Give us pics when you get her.

Attached: 20181028_135225-3024x1470.jpg (3024x1470, 1.33M)

Will do, cheers mate. I’m going down to the LGS tomorrow after work so I’ll orobably chuck a deposit on her.

How much are they asking?

$750 ausbux, or about $530 in freedom dollars. That’s the store’s picture of it.

Attached: 36AB48F0-2D29-4CCC-AF76-481835F97564.jpg (1125x518, 543K)

This here’s the crest and action

Attached: 2E737C28-388B-429B-AE47-2B49C67B51E6.jpg (777x1125, 293K)

That's pretty good for you guys. Pretty rifle, probably refinished. I'd say it's worth it

I know that the milsurp market will only get worse after 2013, but can anybody here roughly estimate how will it look like in 2021? By then i will be eligible for a gun licence. I'm talking about prices and and availability.

Yeah, that’s what I was thinking. Prices over here are normally double whatever the prices in America are, so I normally just compare between the dollar figures in America and Australia and if they’re remotely similar I know it’s a good deal by our standards. Cheers for the help, I don’t really know much about Mausers and this was the first one I’ve seen being sold that was in good condition so I’ve been eyeing it off for a while.

I use 198gr surplus M75.

Attached: IMG_20170518_201954.jpg (4612x1391, 1.32M)

Most Swedes have shiny bores, ask for a picture of the bore and stock disc. The stock disc usually denotes the bore condition with either a 1, 2, or 3. I personally avoid 3s because usually the rifling is pretty worn on those. Best of luck user, and I hope you get a nice one.

Still waiting for a P38 frame to show up so I can finish rebuilding the barrel/slide assembly I got for free

The stock disc is in the photo above but unfortunately the image is not clear. Waiting on an email response because the seller didn't provide a phone.

Why would he not sell it with the original stock? If he doesn't, you should walk away. It's value is in being a Vietnam bringback, not a restored turd.

If it's a 1 or a 2, I would jump on it. Either way, it looks pretty nice from what you've posted so far.

I used to own a Ljungman that the bore looked really good, yet was marked a 3. The Swedish armorers were pretty stringent.

Attached: IMG_3072.jpg (1600x1200, 696K)

And desu, the plates are held in with one screw....pretty easy to switch out. I wouldn't depend on that plate for anything really.

Hey fellow Indy bro.Bought a bunch of M2 Ball from that seller for cheap. Nice guy.

In my experience, every Swede I've seen with a 3 has had pretty worn rifling. Nothing beats looking down the bore and checking for yourself, though I get funny looks from other people when I do it at my LGS. I'm not sure if they even know how to pull the bolt out of a mosin though so they can all continue being ignorant and leave more surp for me.

I think it's marked a 3.

Attached: Plate.jpg (1223x1097, 477K)

If the cards fall just right, I'll have a Steyr M95 carbine and a MAS 36 by the end of the month. If the prices are right, I may also buy an M1917, Vz.24, a Swiss 96/11, and another 91/30. There's also a mystery Mauser in the catalog of a local auction for next Sunday, but the fact that they still haven't fucking posted pictures really doesn't help.

Know any good places for looking at milsurp weapons? Most of the stores near me don't sell anything older than 10 years.

Damn yours looks almost untouched. I'm jealous.

The Spanish will probably be easier to get ammo for if you care about that sort of thing.

I've won a couple things from them. Pic related.

Worse than now.

Attached: SWE - M96 - Crest.jpg (1359x3153, 1.95M)

I was thinking of bidding on the Mosin w/ scope in their last auction. The prices add up quick though so I just picked up a Nagant Revolver.

>buying milsurp from a store
Auctions, pawn shops, and Armslist - in that order. That guy who's selling the M96, Randy, always has good prices, so keep in contact with him.

If you're not an INGO forum member yet, sign up and keep an eye on the classifieds. Just be aware that you need a 50 post minimum to be able to PM other members, which is absolute bullshit. I missed a nice No.4 Mk.2 for $275.00 that way last month.

Have you heard of HoosierTopics yet? Surp only pops up a few times a week, but it tends to be priced better than on Armslist in my observation. No photos though (1999-tier webpage), so you're responsible for contact.

Attached: IMG_20190310_133438_01.jpg (3761x1373, 2.72M)

Looks like it was originally a 3 but rebarrelled and reevaluated as a 1 at the end of WW2. M/96s had a long service life so it's not too uncommon for that to happen. I would definitely ask for a bore picture and if it looks good, jump on it.

They said they have no pics of the bore, unfortunately.
Thanks man I'll look into those. I'm new to milsurp so I mostly want to avoid getting ripped off.

Attached: Barrel.jpg (1224x1632, 484K)

Something to consider is that $400.00 or less is in the "good deal" realm for most milsurps. There are exceptions, like 91/30s and Carcanos ($300.00 and less for those), but that's the general rule of thumb these days. Anything bubba'd is practically worthless, unless it's something like a Bannermann converted M91.

Is it normal for a long lee to have a 308 bore?

How do you know the approximate value of most guns? Past gunbroker sales?

Where can you find no-go gauges for a nugget? I dont know if im worried over nothing but i was given one whose bolt doesnt match the gun. I pretty much know jack shit about mosins.

See if you can get a pic of the crown. Usually, if the crown is good, the rest of the bore is good as the crown is often the first thing to go with the throat. But you should probably jump on it. And what says is pretty solid sdvice. Local auction houses occassionally have firearms that go up for auction and local means a lot less competition than Gunbroker. I got pic related for $250 after fees and sales tax at a local auction last August, hammer price was $200.

Attached: Type 99 Short Rifle.jpg (760x3482, 1.24M)

Value and going rate aren't necessarily the same thing. I just base it around what I'm comfortable paying and what other anons are paying. Gunbroker prices don't always reflect realism, and the same goes for Gunboards, where members are willing to pay more for something that might be really neat from a hardline collector's perspective, but not worth the premium from a "practical" one ( for extreme examples, see the grayblanket M39 that sold for over $5000.00, or any of Jow Forumsapt's meme Mosin posts).

Gunbroker is almost always higher than you'll find at other sources. Gunbroker is where you go for things that you can't find locally when you're willing to pay a premium.

The original wood does come with it, but that's not what's in the photo, the original wood is basically destroyed, but it will fit

discord.gg/NSgnyKm
Bumping with the MSG discord link