Any open top receiver .22lrs?

Like how the m1 garand is open top, m1 carbean and m14?

Post your Ruger 10/22

How would you upgrade the 10/22?

Attached: ruger.jpg (1100x676, 241K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/09/20/austrian-topside-takedown/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

I think I may make a 10/22 my next purchase, then some bx25s that i will load with alternating red and green tracers

So you mean garand action
No

I’d buy a takedown model, a fagpul stock, and use a 5” barrel with a can.

Done.

Which one would you go with? I'm having trouble picking between a simple iron sight only model, or a heavy barrel scope one, or maybe a red dot. I like the sleek look of no iron sights, but I feel like when I get a centerfire rifle in the future, it'll have a scope or red dot...

I am gonna be buying one soon. My dad has a M1 carbine stock waiting for me already.

Pretty sure they all come with drilled receivers with flush screws you can take out to use a supplied weaver rail, or upgrade to a nicer rail.

probably standard model, just switch or add shit later if I feel like it

Attached: 1456101020073.png (1920x1080, 412K)

I know that. I just am not sure what sighting method I should go with. I've shot various .22s with all styles and setups. I might just go irons and a Simmons or Barska 4x fixed scope to mix it up a bit.

Why are people buying these instead of actual M1 carbines?

Attached: Question.jpg (250x246, 7K)

Cause I can get 550 rounds of 22lr for $30 after tax

.30 carbine is like 50 rounds for $20-$25

Also a no guns and .22 makes the most sense. If I got the m1 carbine, or any centerfire caliber gun, I simply would not use it due to cost.

Friends said it was ugly. I wanted a nicer thumbhole stock, but they were all almost worth more then the gun. So fuck that.

Attached: 20190325_231924.jpg (1932x2576, 1.24M)

Hogue overmold stock, KSA .920 fluted bbl, BX trigger assy, Burris fastfire III, ptp scout 19 suppressor.
Bbl is heavy, if I change anything it’ll be a lightweight .920” bbl. otherwise it’s been a great plinking setup for me.
Btw online you can find serialized receivers for as low as $60 as of now. When I built this the only stand alone receivers were way more than a whole10/22 itself costs.

Attached: 744622E7-50B3-4228-876C-3BC28ED55CF6.jpg (3024x2487, 1.78M)

What about an illuminated 1-6 or 1-8? 1x is nice to emulate functionality of a dot

Post some examples? Sounds nice but no way could I get an optic that costs more than the gun (yet)

Yea just go with irons and get good or get a Simmons 22mag if you’re on that tight of a budget.

Sorry but they're right. Clean your desk. At least you have a nice fidget spinner.

here's my 10/22

here's what you should do
>buy a fixed barrel because takedowns suck ass
>put a red dot on
>tech sights if you really want some backups
>that's fucking it
they're cheap guns don't be an idiot and rice it out

Attached: IMG_20190328_124319737.jpg (4032x2268, 620K)

There are .22LR Garand clones. I don't know how good they are, but they exist.

we got an expert here

I am not an expert, but I am also not falling for the jewish trick of spending 500 bucks on a 10/22. buy a biathlon rifle if you want to go full gucci and flex on the poors🌈

Oh it’s a Jewish trick, now I understand. I applaud you for not falling for (((volquartsen))) trickery. Very reasonable and intelligent thought process.💢

Stevens Visible Loader, I suppose.

Red dot all the way

Attached: 6edxth.jpg (800x534, 214K)

Everything about ur pic disgusts me.
Heads you kys.Coin Flip: Heads

it IS ugly♨️

People may have had better experiences, but the BX-25s barely work with anything but minimag for my 10/22, and even then I still get a couple misfires, I think the clear plastic ones might be the redpill here

You would be in the 1% in this case.

$30 are you insane ? 19.99 for 1000

Chiappa makes a .22lr M1 carbine. It doesn't have a very good reputation though. Plastic sights and bayonet lug. Sells for around $350-400.

Attached: Chiappa M-1 .22.png (1344x402, 255K)

fuck you guys

You’re the insane one. $20 for 500rds is best your gonna do.

Ammoseek.com disagrees with you.

Bud's has a 500 pack of Remshit for $12.35
There's at least a dozen other sellers who have it for under 15.

>takedowns suck ass
Why? The main concern would be accuracy, but between a TD and a fixed barrel they're almost identical. Egspaln

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2018/09/20/austrian-topside-takedown/

I would take this receiver

Guy is just regurgitating an old meme about the takedown accuracy sucking but if you put it together correctly they are just as accurate as the fixed barrel models for most shooters.

The takedowns are perfectly fine with the barrel-mounted sights. Onced you put something on the receiver, its not going to be perfectly zeroed each time.the barrel is taken off/ put back on. And the more you do that, the more slop and play the takedown parts wear.

The Marlin 70pss is a bit better by requiring a tool to really secure it.

But the downside is the short sight radius of 16" on 18" barrels. Whereas the tech sight style gives you like 25" of sight radius on the 18" barrel, which kicks ass beyond 100yards.

For ~75yards and under, and non benchrest sand bag shooting, most shooters aren't going to lose anything with the takedown's potential accuracy.

Crank it down and leave it cranked if you have a scope

If you buy a fixed barrel that's not wood stock then you're retarded.
The polymer looks like ass and wood stock isn't even that much more expensive, poorfag.

ruger makes the 10/22 in an m1 carbine clone wood stock. It looks pretty good and functions great just like any 10/22. If I were in the market for another one I'd probably get it but my grandpa's old 10/22 from the 80's is still running strong.