Why is dual wielding pistols impractical?

Why is dual wielding pistols impractical?

Attached: 179A803B-7E1D-4D90-8441-AE83AE194A07.jpg (600x248, 18K)

You should never whistle and piss at the same time OP.

Using a pistol effectively at range relies on the ability to use the sights.
Tell me how easy it is to align 2 sets of sights at once. Now tell me why you should do that instead of having a more stable SINGLE pistol, with a 2 handed grip. Tell me why you should have to fumble with 2 mags instead of one when you reload. Are you seeing the answer now?

Attached: 1552978282756.jpg (1024x1024, 116K)

because you can reload

Learning to point shoot with your left hand is difficult, but it can be done. Its not that impractical its just the people who want to do it don't know how to learn how to. Point shooters prefer single action revolvers for a reason.

Only at more than 30M at which point you can use the sights anyway. If you can't point shoot and carry a handgun then you are basically the definition of a larping faggot

because you get more bullets and pew pew pew at twice the lethality of doing it with one. it's just not fair. You can't glorify violence looking cool while doing it.

shoot a gun for the very first time ever and find out
> shoot slower
> aim at nothing and miss
> reloads take 4 minutes and you're gonna drop 1 gun and 2 mags at least once
> why would you have 2 pistols and 0 rifles? bring a better gun
it's already hard to do pistols right anyway, i hope you get to try it out.
sure is fun

Impractical?

Attached: j876jn6mn8.jpg (640x426, 35K)

Real question should be why hasn't someone made a set of guns designed for duel wielding?

It's better to arm 2 people who can shoot straight with one handgun each than one retard with two handguns that can barely hit the broad side of a barn

I duel wielded 10mm's and I'm right handed and eyed. My right handed pistol hits everything the left was all over the place. Now you can try this just sitting. Lets say a target is 15 feet away. Now with your right hand outstretched like a pistol make like you are sighting in a target with your right eye. Now do that with you left but still keep the other eye on target. With me my hands were toughing.

Attached: DSCN4313.jpg (3264x2448, 1.65M)

It's worth dual wielding automatic pistols. Just waste your left hand's pistol as soon as humanly possible while being systematic with the right hand.
I know this, because this is how I use the plasma rifle in Halo 2.

You cannot align two sets of sights on the same dominant sightline.

You can point shoot two pistols, which is exactly what they BS in Equilibrium, with the Clerics firing based on propiroception and rapid scanning of their environment to identify attacking vectors.

And at this point, you've only gained an advantage in a scenario where you're outnumbered and unable to take an advantageous position.

The only "exception" is suppression. When your goal is to make as much noise, threat and disruption as possible, two pistols will do the job.

And then you should promptly discard the second pistol, because there's no way you're coordinating a dual reload with adrenaline shakes.

What do you mean? Plenty of those have been made, they were pretty common in the past.

Attached: 1200px-thumbnail.jpg (1200x900, 333K)

Read the gunsmith cats reboot kneegrow

I tried two pistol shooting and I enjoy it for the fun factor. You have to get really good at point shooting and generally "feeling" where your rounds are gonna go. Attachments like Lasers help a bit, but honestly, you'll find yourself more over dumping than precise shooting. The way I aim with two guns is I line up the front blades and form corners of a triangle and envision a general point of convergence on target.

It's a specific skill based shooting technique that very few really do since it has no real tactical applications aside from movie set pieces and Airshit. Doesn't take back from the fact that it's fun as fuck.

Devils advocate, while impractical its definitely doable with mild practice within 20ish yards in terms of putting hits on a man sized target. It also does offer the benefits of double magazine capacity without reloading, and perhaps more importantly, with a dual holster setup and mag pouches you can cover or suppress a target with one gun while reloading the other. Overall this means that with a proper game plan dual wielding handguns might actually work out surprisingly well for trying to do something like suppressing fire while another element maneuvers around them, or just dumping as many rounds in a general area AFAP. Personally i'd never foresee myself doing it, but acting like it's impossible or something is just silly.

Only way I see dual wielding being effective is if you're stuck in an urban environment with sidearms only (LEO) and you get in a firefight and your partner got hit and is out of the fight while you have access to their sidearm.

Honestly more or less the sort of weird circumstance im talking about. Personally i was imagining some sort of bizarro circumstance where you had a partner who was up and running and you just so happened to have two handguns(BUG or one laying at your feet from someone) and a desperate need to suppress a single target for a relatively prolonged amount of time while they maneuvered around to hit them from a different angle. In that case letting up on fire for a moment might let on to your plan(that its just you now) and invite return fire. Drawing your BUG before running dry, alternating to firing that, holstering your main firearm and attempting to reload it while holstered might be the best choice of a shitty situation to keep heads down. OTOH if shit turned sideways and you realize you really need to break contact, then picking up an out of commission persons gun and performing a controlled magdump with both to get you to cover might make sense. Both are larping bullshit and unorthodox, but if it works it works.

mag swaps would be a bit more difficult.....

>pros
>could theoretically point shoot two people at once
>more ammo
>no reason you can't shoot one then the other
>cons
>reloading is a bitch
>requires oper8r sights for belt racking
>one hand can shoot 80% as good as normal and the other is shit
Considerations
>could make a magazine rig so it doesn't take a decade to reload
>suppress with one, reload with the other
>If you actually kill anything you'll be the coolest motherfucker on Jow Forums
>mo dakka

These are for dueling, each of the sides gets just one gun and once chance to be faster then the other dude.