**Winchester 12 halp!**

I found this gun for sale in my area, the guy says it was made in the 20s, I was thinking of cutting it down to 20'' or so to make a trench gun out of it.

That's said I don't know much about shotguns and i'd rather not butcher a cool piece if it can be avoided?
Your thoughts?

Also how much do they go for around your area?
Here in Pizzaland found it for 800€ and it looks in pretty decent shape given it should be almost 100 years old

Attached: 1614116.jpg (507x640, 105K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=_uuMJ9grq-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Attached: 1614118.jpg (507x637, 82K)

Dontchu dare cut that barrel.

Attached: 1614122.jpg (507x636, 93K)

Do not bubba a perfectly good gun. I can see why you might but you're better off buying an actual trench gun than tampering with a piece of history. That gun will be worth a lot more how it is now than it ever would with a 20' barrel. You can do it, but you would lose the historical value of it and it would be worth a lot less in coming years

you think?
Are they becoming hard to find?

Attached: 1614120.jpg (507x640, 100K)

>Do not bubba a perfectly good gun. I can see why you might but you're better off buying an actual trench gun than tampering with a piece of history. That gun will be worth a lot more how it is now than it ever would with a 20' barrel. You can do it, but you would lose the historical value of it and it would be worth a lot less in coming years
I meant without a 20' barrel. Basically what I'm trying to say op is that's a beautiful gun as it is so don't you dare lay your grimy ass pizza nigger hands on it

yeah I figured, this one doesn't have the ribbed thingy to desperse heat (probably worthless) but I saw that it wasn't bubbad with one of those ugly ass thompson flash suppressors/muzzebreak/whateverthefuck which is a step towards not cutting the barrel...
Do you know of any aftermarket barrels?

Attached: 1614121.jpg (507x639, 85K)

Not rare but still not worth bubaing a good piece just to larp

And I thought I would start Ian Larping as a sport...
Well I guess Jow Forums is right...
As always

Can you guys help me out a little?
I have NO idea of what to check to see the conditions, it is going to be my first shotgun so I am very inexperienced.

I suppose must things to check are the barrel, which I don't think it's that hard to tell, the threads of the takedown?
A loading /unloading test?

I mean, Im not a professional shotgun inspector or historical arms connesuer, but judging by how great of shape the outside is, the inside probably is in great shape too. It looks like it's really been cared for.
Rack it a few times, dry fire a few times, if it feels right and goes click when you pull the trigger then theres not much else that can be wrong with it now or for another 50 years.

god I love shotgun semplicity...
And this one can slamfire, i'm gonna have a ton of fun!
Btw I found this picture from the seller's fb, I see some rust in the loading tube but i'll just elbow grease the shit out of it and it sohuld be fine

Attached: 48361443_324729541461460_6875924997999689728_n.jpg (720x960, 32K)

It might be really old grease, wipe it with your thumb and see how it feels.

good to know tomorrow i'll probably go see it and check it myself

NO CUT!

uncut always better

I've got one that was sitting up at the old family cabin. Cool ass gun, I get tench gun vibes from it too.

Anyway, the fuckin thing constantly fucks up when ejecting a shell and I have to jerk off the pump for 30 minutes just trying to get the spent shell out. Is it the type of shells I'm using or is the gun fucked?

probably ammo. try firing multiple brands and see which ones it likes to cycle.think of it as feeding a picky old dude that lets you fuck him at night if you are down

I saw the same shit going on in a youtube video, action working perfectly, shooting nicely, yet the shells were getting caught up and not ejecting.

Imho it has to do with the fact that the shell becomes longer when spent because of the unraveling of the end...

Maybe too long? and they were kinda getting cought up by some tiny plastic folds n shit?

Don't you dare alter that treasure of John Moses Browning The Patron Saint of Firearms, Jow Forums praise his name, murdercube be praised.

OP here

ahahah someone remembers the murdercube!

Anyone knows how I could get a date of production off of it?
Are there specific marks I should keep an eye on?

The guy selling it says it is from the 20s and I would like to verify it somehow

rack the pump HARD.
maybe try 2.5" or experiment with different brands of 2.75

That thing is fucking gorgeous and you should buy it ASAP. Try and see if you can talk them down a lil on price though. DO NOT saw the barrel. If anything buy a new one that you can swap out. The condition is pretty unbelievable

Attached: MasterShake.jpg (512x390, 48K)

Cool, yeah I really haven't done any serious tests, mostly because I think I only put about ~20 shells through before it started having the issue. Think I only used birdshot, too.

That's a good point, I'll try shorter ones as

Said too, except racking it hard isn't the problem. It almost seems like the shell is getting caught on a pin or something. Slamming the stock into a stump while trying to rack it didn't do anything, but finnicking around with it not even making a full pump can free the shell up.

careful.
You will need LEAD SHOT not steel shot
because the older ones the barrels are not made up to the same materials and quality I believe they started changing the barrels from 1940 something.

OP here

Basically it gets cought up in something but not stuck?
I was looking at the Midway Usa cutout video on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=_uuMJ9grq-0

I think a plastic fold gets cought up in the chamber AS the ejector is kicking out the shell
I sorta upfucks itself and I'm betting if you try shorter shells or different ammo it won't have issues

alright alright I got it, I'll get a bulged up old barrel and cut that one

I plan on shooting ONLY 00 or smaller pellets, are steel pellets that common?
I will probably buy fiocchi standard ammo since it is usually the cheapest around here

>hey I'm gonna rape this piece of history
>doesn't even know what a heat shield is
>asks if there are aftermarket barrels for a 100+ year old gun
Is this your first fucking gun or are you just stupid?

They're slamfire so there's that

Cut that fucker down user it's a common ass barrel, it's not some ultra rare milsurp. I've cut a W12 barrel before

LOL
You need to step up your fishing game, you need better bait

>That's said I don't know much about shotguns and i'd rather not butcher a cool piece if it can be avoided?

Since they maker reproduction bayonet mounts for said 100+ years old gun I thought they might make barrels aswell

An important factor in my choice since I get to scare some Nogunz and fudds at the range...or make cool new friends...who knows?

I know 2 million made I'm a eurofag tho that's what stopping me a little, do you know how common they were around these parts?