Good pistol-caliber carbine that won’t make my wallet suffer?

Good pistol-caliber carbine that won’t make my wallet suffer?

Pic related, Kel-Tec Sub 2000 Gen 2 in 9mm, considering buying this cuz I don’t currently have the money to dish out for a $1,000 gun, and the ability to fold the gun in half would make it a good little truck gun.

Do you guys have any good recommendations?

Attached: 833DC328-6764-4CCF-98C7-95B265211598.jpg (819x611, 49K)

Other urls found in this thread:

atlanticfirearms.com/products/chiappa-ak-9-pistol
extarusa.com/
cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-2/
loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/the-pak-9-a-399-9mm-ak/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

PSA or Foxtrot Mike AR9 is a better option in that you can get in for $500 or so and then you have a platform with a huge range of upgrade potential down the road. If you want something small get a pistol and brace, like 4-9" barrel or something.

The Sub-2000 doesn't have very good long term durability.
If you want something really cheap, there's the Hi-Point, which they now make their own extended mags for, not amazing, but they work and are fun.
Another option is Ruger's carbine, it comes with a Glock magazine well adapter, and can be taken down in two parts for storage and transport.

Attached: trusty.jpg (848x477, 69K)

>The Sub-2000 doesn't have very good long term durability

Source: his ass

Ask some longtime owners and see what they say.

Source: dude trust me

Cz scorpion (the new ones). They're pretty great.

Attached: 1545926573638.jpg (791x648, 70K)

>pistol brace
Is there a pistol brace that can be used like a stock? Imagine an M4 stock extended all the way out. Is it legal to have a pistol brace out that far? Also, isn't there a restriction on foregrips on "pistols"? 5.56 has subpar ballistics out of a barrel shorter than 20".

>Good pistol-caliber carbine that won’t make my wallet suffer
atlanticfirearms.com/products/chiappa-ak-9-pistol

Attached: chiappa-ak-9-pistol.jpg (1000x540, 936K)

Beretta CX4 Storm or a PCC takedown. Folding is a maymay and Kel-tecs suck donkey dong.

Why is there no carbine/PDW chambered in 7.62x39, weighing less than 5 pounds, preferably bullpup?

Anyone else here see the folded image and think of the rear of an M60?

extarusa.com/
or one of these midget things, under 500

Saw one of these at my LGS, fingerfucked it a bit, looks hella fun.

>chiappa for $500

>don’t currently have the money to dish out for a $1,000 gun
>lmao get a fucking scorpion
nice reading comprehension faggot

Don’t even bother with the sub 2000, knowing kel-tec’s quality control your prolly gonna get a gun made out of recycled water bottles

Attached: 46CF71DE-83DD-42AD-B207-1A708E436BC4.jpg (750x240, 40K)

Are there any stocks like this you could get for this, using the optional, separate purchase, stock adapter? I don't know what the style is called, so if someone knows, that be nice.

Attached: th-2.jpg (474x355, 24K)

PS90 with AP rounds.

I am in looking at Sub 2000 or a Arsenal .223 Krinkov pistol with brace. Canny make up my mind, if the Hi-Point had a folding stock I would grab it for sure.

The gun isn't that durable. It won't fall apart after 100 rds but it won't last as long as an AR9/anything with a little more metal. They're also just not that fun to shoot.

Because that's a really stupid requirement. Shoot 7.62x39 out of a light shorty and all you'll get is a loud bang and recoil. Though you can buy the dracos

is u retarded
cz-usa.com/product/cz-scorpion-evo-3-s1-pistol-2/

SBA3

It's a Bubba Bill Clinton Special.

Oh, and an angled front grip. It cant be perpendicular to the handguard. Magpul makes a good one.

Don't listen to the keltec haters. They hold up fine and fun as hell to shoot. Just make sure you get a gen 2 as all the reliability issues are on the gen 1.

Most of the pistol braces can be shouldered. Length doesn't matter much, as long as the brace piece itself isn't modified to be more stock-like (so don't fill in the arm section or put on a recoil pad or anything).

They're not bad, but they're overpriced for being a plain plastic blowback gun.

Attached: scorpion evo pistol.jpg (1920x1080, 354K)

There's the Beretta CX-4. Around $800 new. Not sure if that's out of your budget as well, but I'd say its better than any other PCC out there. Reliable as hell.

You didn't even look, did you?

Attached: 1498152047808.png (210x243, 72K)

They sure do look good though. I'd consider SBR'ing one. I was looking at getting a Gideon Shadow but I can't justify spending almost 2 grand. Maybe I'll just get the Scorpion instead.

I don't know if it's the best, but it's certainly a good one.

Attached: Beretta CX4 Storm, 9mm Luger Carbine.jpg (600x337, 67K)

>MSRP $884
OP is talking about the sub 2k, MSRP of $500
how about something in the poorfag range

DUDE; the Extar EP9 is made in USA, and works very well. Youtube the videos, and go play with a friends if you can. I LOVE MINE. $420...

Attached: EP9.jpg (750x500, 25K)

does it take AR aftermarket triggers?

You can't shoulder a pistol brace, thats bouth outside of the design intent of the brace and illegal. By doing that, you're turning your pistol into a SBR so you need to pay a tax stamp to make it legal. I will personally call the ATF on you myself if I see you abusing our countrys laws faggot.

>chiappa
do NOT

Because bullpups are heavy. Closest you're going to get is a tavor in 300blk or an AK pistol conversion.

Now don't you fucking start that again

>not sure if bait
ATF said we could sometime in the last couple years

Attached: 1553783010073.jpg (600x600, 65K)

user, the whole point of a pistol brace is to exploit a loophole in the ATF's shitty restrictions. Shouldering the pseudo-stock isn't hurting anyone, no harm no foul.

Why? I'm thinking of buying one now.

yeah give us a reason instead of being obtuse

Chiappa is notorious for poor quality control and even worse customer support. Buy at your own risk.

duly noted

That looks like cheap and chintzy shit.

While this is the true the AK pistols are not made by Chiappa. They are made in Romania and then imported by Chiappa. Of course that being said they are pretty meh. I would never recommend one.

Welp, too late for me. Already showed the wife and now she wants it. Guess I'll report back later with how it goes.

Attached: 1553901714226.jpg (720x668, 45K)

Are you confusing chiappa with century or do they both do that

Purchased one of these on recommendation from Jow Forums.

Good:
Light
Takes mags for any pistol you own
Light recoil
Cheap to Shoot
Took it to the range and had no feeding or cycling issues in 300 rounds

Bad
Hard to install aftermarket parts for
Sight picture is super low and the rear sight is really far foreward
No way to install a magnified optic

Ugly
The only way to install a red dot is super ugly and defeats the gun's folding function

They both do that.
>It is imported by Chiappa, but is made by a Romanian arms factory called NOVA. It’s actually an interesting and somewhat bizarre design. The receiver is all AK, the mag well is even cut for a standard AK magazine. However, a plastic magazine block attached to the handguard allows the weapon to feed from pistol mags. The PAK 9 actually feeds from Beretta 92 magazines, and comes with two ten rounders. Beretta mags are easy to source, and I purchased two 32 rounders the same day.
loadoutroom.com/thearmsguide/the-pak-9-a-399-9mm-ak/

I know it's bait but I love this crab too much to not respond.

Attached: 7F9864D3-6AE7-4628-A077-9A3D38FDD086.jpg (742x560, 79K)

Huh, review speaks pretty highly of the gun.

Nigger I own one. If you were right I wouldn't actively defend a 350$ meme gun lmao. But you aren't. The Sub2keks is fucking awesome. I've fired just under 2000 rounds through it with no stoppages or wear.
Yeah op go for it I really enjoy mine. My little brother is a very novice shooter but he can ring steel at 100 feet with it. Taken it hiking with one 19 rounder and one 33 and the weight was absolutely minimal. Very nifty little gun. Gun prime had them listed for like 80$ under MSRP.

Attached: 0225190722.jpg (4160x3120, 3.92M)

Post guns.

>2000rds
Dude, that seriously is fucking nothing, come back to me after you've blasted over 5000rds, then tell me how the buffer tube looks.

Their M1-9 was pretty awful.

>2.5 times nothing is something

extended mags for Hi-Point can void the warranty

But it really is, user. I'm not even the guy you're responding to. I can spend 50 bucks like it's nothing, but $125 is to the level I have to consider it more than at a cursory level.
Doubling the round count alone is enough that it significantly changes the game. Adding another half again is even more wear.

I almost bought one for my fiance as a HD gun. It is lightweight, easy to use, and points nicely. I started having doubts though when I did some research online. I have read a number of complaints about the plastic cracking near breech.
What really prevented me from purchasing one was when I went to the range about 4 weeks ago and ran into a range buddy who had just purchased a 9mm one with the glock magwell brand new.
He let me shoot it and after putting 17 rounds through it I noticed the damn thing had cracked right through the ejection port.
TLDR
>I wouldn't trust that POS

Can the PAK-9 take a stock like 's? With the stock adapter, are all AR stocks/"braces" compatible with it? I'd love to get one, but no extended-M4-stock (at minimum) length stock/"brace", no deal.

Attached: 3dc0d17018510e32f54caccc3e801d6f104f318421e3546b45bdc64dc04af521.jpg (600x400, 52K)

those things are so stupid heavy it turned me off from buying one

This. The PC9 is great.

Attached: My PC9.png (1412x792, 2.05M)

Weighs about as much as any other blowback 9mm carbine.

Yes.

Considering I've owned one for three years and have put more than 1500 rounds through it, it's fine.

The sub2k isnt durable is literally a reddit tier meme that you fags perpetuate so you can sound like you know something.

Yeah it's a mixed bag. You can make it work, but they are shit out of the box. Also fucking Meatballs converted all the measurements to metric so it doesn't actually fit USGI measurements.

Attached: IMG_20171221_220314.jpg (4096x3072, 2.38M)

>more than 1500 rounds through it
That's even less than the other guy, 1500rds is fucking nothing at all.

There it is.

Please tell me what you think the average number of rounds put through a gun is. I'll wager it's less than 500.

>no stoppages
Excellent
>or wear
Did they make it out of neutronium?

If I were interested in a cheap range toy 9mm plinker, I'd look at the HiPoint 995ts for quite a bit less than the Kel-Tec. However, for a bit more money, I'd much rather buy another serviceable 9mm handgun or maybe an AR9 build. I'd rather spend my money on something that will last and increase in value rather than throw money at cheap junk.

Oy vey accept nothing less than 6 million

It's made by Cugir in Romania, Chiappa is just the importer

The keltecs had a recall recently. Apparently they were blowing up on people.

I'd suggest saving, that $1,000 price marker gets you a lot. If you have to buy now, an AR-9 lower.

>I'd rather spend my money on something that will last and increase in value

What is this meme? What gun do you honestly expect to increase in value after putting it through regular use? And even if that were the case, we're only talking about only $1000 or so. That's the literally the price of an apartment quality sofa. This "guns as an investment" argument is retard as fuck. That only applies to the upper .0001% of gun purchasers, and that's nobody in this thread.

Attached: 1511586275625.jpg (332x336, 10K)

Well it's got paint scraped off on all the normal blowback action wear points. I'm just saying the internals and polymer have held up better than fine. Kel-Tec is good man they don't deserve the hate they get from AR niggers.

I think some Kel-Tec products are good, some are less than stellar.
Their shotguns are great for instance.

Stop smoking so much cock, faggot.

Seriously, I've got a sub2k gen 1 and 10k rounds later it still fucking shoots great and locks up tight.

It might be a meme, but even memes can dream.

I have one of these, it’s great. Top rail is kind of useless though. You can get one that takes glock mags or one of the multi mag ones that takes either s&w m&p or beretta mags. You can then buy an adapter for the multi mag one so it can take sig, cz... bunch of other mags, I forget which other ones

Their 5.56mm guns are all subpar tho.