Is a subcompact/micro pistol enough for home defense as well as concealed carry?

Is a subcompact/micro pistol enough for home defense as well as concealed carry?

Attached: Walther_PPK-Black_LS_W.jpg (800x800, 67K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/XQ34i3NYWL0
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

For both roles sure, you just gotta train enough to make sure you can hit the target. If you want a dedicated pistol for HD maybe a full size would do you better

Polish P64

Attached: 1550458663804.gif (451x296, 1.69M)

Yes. Having a gun that is loaded and you know how to use will get you 99% there. Everyone mostly just argues about the last 1%.

Attached: 1516845664402.jpg (600x436, 96K)

>Polish P64
youtu.be/XQ34i3NYWL0

Attached: 1552269801589.gif (400x225, 1.37M)

If you think only one unarmed dude is going to attack you

Yes. Not the best option but ok.

I think a 12 gauge is better than a 380

I hated on glock 26's because they had that finger groove right in the middle of an already short grip. Then I felt the Gen 5 26 which removes the finger groove and I fell in love with it. You can have a super concealable 10 round flush mag for CC and then pop a 17 round g17 mag in it for home defense. Is there a better hd setup? Yes. But if you are only going to have one gun for both situations you cant go wrong with a Gen 5 glock 26

It can work, yeah, a gun is a gun.
That said, a lot of people tend to want something that's a little bit more for home defense.
What kind of pistol did you have in mind?

Nobody likes the P64, the trigger is AIDS.

Or a 20-Gauge.
With either choice, #4 Buckshot will give you great terminal performance, with a minimum of risk should you miss, graze, or get stray pellets.

>What kind of pistol did you have in mind?
OP pic related

Any firearm you're familiar with and practise with consistently is going to be able to do the job.
It doesn't matter what you use as long as you're willing to put rounds through it to get comfortable.

G19 is better in every way. Subcompacts are dog shit.

How fat are you?

6'3 220 7% body fat. You?

>7%
So you're an IBBF pro bodybuilder in men's physique, or you're full of horseshit.

I don't think the PPK is even especially great for CC, but again, a gun is a gun.

chimpanzees are so cute. i want to learn sign language so i can talk with them

70%*

>HD: shoot person/s at close range until problem solved, good idea to have at least 5 shots and a reload
>SD: shoot person/s at close range until problem solved, good idea to have at least 5 shots and a reload
Yeah it'll do. People just get better weapons for HD because they don't have to wear a shotgun in their pants all day and there's no "maybe they'll stop" when you fill someone's chest with #4 buckshot.

What this user said.
That Walther will do you just fine, so just carry a spare mag in case something fucks up with your loaded mag.
But the #1 thing to make sure of is that you'll practise with whatever you carry.
Train with the same ammo that you carry, too, because differences in manufacturer, load, projectile, and consistency can all make changes that may add up to a significantly different performance in an incident compared to your practise.
The only thing that will guarantee your safety in a conflict is being certain of what you need to do and how you're going to do it.
I'd rather a .22LR that I've trained with diligently over a .44 that I've never fired once, and anyone who'd say otherwise is a fool.

HEY finally the like thing is gone.
you are absolutely right. learning how to safely draw and take whatever safeties there are off in a timely and safe manner are more important that anything else.
5 rounds of 7.63 Browning to a murderers chest is better than 15 rounds of 38. Super in the wall and ceiling.

All true.

>there's no "maybe they'll stop" when you fill someone's chest with #4 buckshot
This, and as said, because you don't have to carry a HD gun with you all day, you just have it in the house.
A nice semi-automatic 20-Gauge shotgun would be very easy to shoot, and with number 4 buck you would have good firepower and good safety.

I recommend anyone recoil shy to try out one of these, they offer a lot of power with very easy handling.

Attached: browning gold hunter 20 gauge.jpg (900x600, 247K)

Yes, but I carry a 9mm simply because .380 feels just barely too small.

>full size shotgun for HD

enjoy getting your gun yanked out of your hands

Piece of shit.

According to FBI statistics, .380 is the lower limit to get that shot for shot "functionally identical" quality that all non meme calibers share. Working from that point, the gun you can use best is the best gun you can use. For home defense purposes exclusively, a ppk is adequate for any non state sponsored home invasions if you find a contemporary sized magazine

>what is a sling

what is bayonet

That too. Go ahead and grab my sharpened blade, asshole.

Attached: Mossberg 590A1 'Trenchgun' Style.jpg (2591x1935, 818K)