What is the loudest weapon you've ever fired or been close to?

What is the loudest weapon you've ever fired or been close to?

Attached: Eurenco-continues-explosives-deal-with-Saab.jpg (799x534, 43K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gn1GghOkvMg
youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmNvDGE3U
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Your mom.

Claymore.

my boomer dad's farts

you're mom

m44 nugget
your mom cumming

I don't know, your mom maybe?

Attached: 67356367.jpg (747x438, 114K)

WHAT?

Carl Gustaf M4.

AT-4 inna trench

Attached: whut.jpg (879x524, 79K)

EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
*mawp*

25mm from a Bradley or 30mm from Apache. The Bradley scared the shit out of me the first time I heard it ripping, didn't know what it was. THUD THUD THUD THUD THUD

accidentally being about 20’ perpendicular to a 155mm M777 going off while out on an excercise at bragg.
>Earpro doesnt save you from getting fucking melee’d by the muzzle blast.

mawp

Attached: mawp.gif (208x269, 495K)

Your mom

black single mother at mcdonalds

Attached: 1532371420197.jpg (520x492, 141K)

Obrez

17lbs ANFO/AL.
That FEEL getting hit by the shockwave :3

Attached: hljöhhöh.gif (223x149, 301K)

Homemade cannon. They put a full solo cup of black powder in it each shot.

I miss my redneck neighbors.

EOD'n a FAB-500 with 20 pounds of plastic in some godforsaken valley in bumfuck-afghanistan
It sent sheep running and tumbling down every hill and slope in the whole valley, so totally worth the tinnitus

tank cannon
It physically hurt.

A 42-ton controlled det when we were cleaning out an old FOB, but I was very far away.

In baton rouge about a year ago they had the Uss Kidd fire a blank out of one of her 5 inch guns.

PsyOp speaker

M-134D gatling gun.
Got to fire it at the Oklahoma Full Auto Shoot.
was like $200 to fire it for what amounted to like 6-7 seconds.

Its either tied with that or my Deagle or Micro Draco

with earpro: AT4s and Gustavs
without earpro: a M2

Seadart missile being launched.

Fpbp

More info please

This guy in PA that has a shitload of civil war cannons. He lines up junker cars on his property and lets people fire a ball through the engine block. Shit was pretty cash but even with ear plugs it was still too loud.

Some Euro 155mm gun. It was on a test mount getting shot into a lake. Much argument was had to what it was.

Nothing too crazy, probably a three inch Magnum 12 gauge slug. I almost joined the Muhreens, but my Vietnam vet dad talked me out of it.

Well I have been close to some very loud combat aircraft if you consider them weapons. F-16's are screechy bois.

What is the point of you telling us you almost joined, are you really that insecure from other people in the thread talking about AT4's and other military equipment?

That's probably why old Civil War veterans would have to carry these around.

Attached: d238ca3df765fd751a8d79bd4454f3de.jpg (282x413, 22K)

That's the reason I never fired anything really impressive. I was on my way to MEPS to sign my paperwork when my dad talked me out of signing up. With where I'm at now, I'm glad I did. I don't want to shit on anyone who joined up, but I'm in much better shape financially than all my veteran friends.

But why tell any of us?
Nobody asked, so it’s highly unlikely anybody cares

either the mk45 5" or CIWS
things are fuckin loud
they did 5" test fires when we were out in the atlantic and I was in a compartment near the gundeck. shit was heartstoppingly loud.

Attached: 1200px-US_Navy_070111-N-4515N-509_Guided_missile_destroyer_USS_Forest_Sherman_(DDG_98)_test_fires_it (1200x795, 225K)

Carl Gustaf M4

AT4

Old roommate used to run ANFO to the mines in Colorado. Watched one strip mine shot from a good half a mile away. Shockwave almost knocked me over, all the miners laughed.

M256A1

120mm rheinmetall, I’ve shot them on ranges and stuff but when I was on the loaders 240 in Sadr city a track behind us shot off a round and It slap scared me half to death.

Attached: 12A01389-5198-442B-832D-FAB3EB0DA8BA.jpg (1242x2208, 1.34M)

I know this is is pleb tier, but
A Deagle.
>innarange
>guy and his son in the stall next to me
>BOOM
>Feel wind
>"what was that?"

50bmg singleshot ar looking thing with a 20lb muzzlebreak.
the target was 30 yards away.... at least it wasnt indoors

M256 120mm.

Attached: 1565678342.jpg (5377x3585, 3.23M)

Moist Nugget. First gun I ever shot and we were the first ones at the range. It was way louder than I expected

PAP m92.

bump

You feel it in your chest from hundreds of meters away. Deeply impressive.

A1? Scrub tier.

Yep, in Afghanistan I was out smoking a cigarette standing next to one, when a round came in the opposite direction. When if passed over and the gun moved with it, at it's lowest point it was firing less than 6' away from my head, after I ducked.

For the rest of the day I could barley hear shit and I was yelling when I though I was whispering. Still have some significant hearing loss in my right ear. The army said it'll get much worse in both ears as I get older.

The A1 is better than the A2. The A2 is the A2 is literally the same shit as the A1, with more electronics, and a generator not powerful enough to keep the tank charged without burning out every five days. And before you say muh CITV, a competent TC/Gunner Combo can do exactly the same thing. The A2 is an overhyped piece of garbage.
t. National Guardsman who learned on an A1, and is now AD with M1A2s

155mm howitzer
You feel he sound in your teeth

this was the loudest. saw it at an MG shoot.
guy shooting it had to be 5'5 or 5'6". It was kicking his ass with recoil while he did back to back mag dumps.

Attached: hk51.jpg (3264x2448, 1.58M)

Mine wasnt for blasting. Celebrating new year with good friends.

I have to go with a hand grande. The regular M67 standard issue frag one. First time I shot it was during basic , then through EIB and once for a qual. Then one day my platoon actually had to use it for ...reasons ..and I'm so fucking glad I wasnt the one to do so. Its fucking scary.

What happens if you shoot a grenade with a bullet

Attached: 1553960308894.jpg (500x377, 134K)

>not opening your mouth when you let off
Fucking casual

>trying to shield yourself from the pleasure of pain
pussy

I fired an AT-4 and thought it was loud. Shortly after that 3 more were fired to my left and right about two shoulders away from me. Holy fuck my ears.

M114 howitzer. It's quite loud.

Depends on the grenade.

The A1 actually is tight, unless it's the gay Ames upgrade. And the A2 SEP is kind of an over complicated turd, but the A2, the actual real, amber screened A2, was tits. And the CITV is fly as fuck. No amount of training, skill, or coordination will allow the TC and Gunner to designate different targets in different directions simultaneously. It works fine for gunnery, because gunnery is designed for the A1, just the same way that the rifle qual is the same for iron sights in the age of the ACOG, and all the pistol tables suspiciously don't call for magazines loaded with more than seven rounds (unless that's changed, I've been out tor a hot minute).
But if you had a few dozen frying pan shaped turrets steaming toward you, it's awful handy for the Gunner to pick one out, fire, the gun snaps to the one the TC picked out, fire, gunner acquires next target, fire, snap back to another for TC, fire, and so on. Plus if they ever send you somewhere shitty to actually use the damned thing, you'll probably spend a lot of time pulling overwatch. Would you rather A) sit there continuously moving the turret around scanning your sector and waiting for something to break, B) stand there like gophers out of the top of your multi-million dollar killing machine scanning with shitty handheld optics like retards, C) let R2D2 do all the work while you watch that shit on TV. But yeah, the EAPU is just for pretend, in real life we would just run the engine periodically. Best job I ever had.

While I agree with you, I have to say the problem is it makes for lazy gunners, if you understand what I am saying. But there are quite a few rarely spoken about, drawbacks of the A2. For example, the ridiculous amount of time it takes for master power to turn on, compared to the A2. You're talking about it takes the A2 at least 30 seconds longer to boot up, where the A1 only takes the flick of the wrist. But yes this is easily the best job I'll ever have. Its funny, it seems like tankers are the only people in the army that don't completely hate their lives all the time.

50 out the side of a helicopter. I was a mechanic, but a few months before I got out I was allowed to shoot a box at El Centro. Was surprised how loud it was over the helo

Considering my measure is broken basically when I stop hearing it's a toss up between grenade 5ft away, tank gun 10m away, or a VBIED 50m away. All without earpro

How do Top Fuel dragsters compare to tanks and howitzers? Those devils are unreal. Easily the loudest thing I've ever heard.

first time I ever heard the 25 on a Brad fire, I was a driver, my hatch getting beat on by the blast and dust kicking up

artillery at Gettysburg

A paladin. I was in a porta John and it shook the porta John so bad I almost fell down inside it.

Second an Abrahams. I was in my driver's hatch in my Bradley no earpro, no cvc, hatch cracked, and the Abrahams just rolled up to the line and blasted. My ears were ringing constantly for a few hours and on and off for a few days.

3rd, m240b. I was showing a new guy how to shoot one and was in the AG position feeding the rounds and oops forgot my earpro. It felt like my ear drums where shredded when he let his first burst out. I know, real high speed of me as his instructor to forgot MY ear pro.

Gonna have to go with your mom

PzF III for the loudest single shot, I was about an arm's length from the shooter and it felt like getting punched in the face
The most obnoxious though is the constant concussion from an M2HB. Not as loud, but much more impactful.

>loudest weapon you’ve ever fired or been close to
Mk7 16”/50 gun, but I’ve never heard it fire so it doesn’t really count. The loudest I’ve heard was a 3” naval gun, no idea what model it was though.

>shit was heartstoppingly loud.
>not even 5"/38's
well aren't you a little bitch,

youtube.com/watch?v=gn1GghOkvMg

I demo'd an Iraqi bunker full of old artillery shells. Somewhere in the neighborhood of 80,000lbs NEW.

Even from 2500m and behind a very large earth berm the shockwave physically shifted our trucks a few inches.

Laying prone next to a short barrel SAW. Old style with adjustable regulator. That or a 25mm. I used to love driving during gunneries because I loved feeling the blast in my chest ever time it went off.

WHAT?!

Besides ur mom, TSAR bomb

Your*
Learn to write nigger

>More info please

Muzzleloading cannon are legal in most of the US. Great way to annoy the neighbors.

>What is the loudest weapon you've ever fired or been close to?

B1B

50 bmg single shot, or short barrel (less than 7 inches) rifle pistols

This but 50 lbs

BLR in Fuddy Five (Seventeen) Seventy-(Six) Gov't: The only Gov't you can trust™. at an indoor.

Nice, what knid of booster ?

C-RAM. Damned thing sounds like something straight out of Half Life 2. Nothing could compare to its hellish croaking

MCLIC

RPG & Dushka

The recoil bruised my shoulder, which can happen if you don't know what you're doing. The brass shell casings disoriented me as they flew past my face. The smell of sulfur and destruction made me sick. The explosions -- loud like a bomb -- gave me a temporary form of PTSD. For at least an hour after firing the gun just a few times, I was anxious and irritable."

Attached: AyeArr15.jpg (1200x1200, 92K)

Panzerhaubitze 2000, 1st 'gun' to give me tinnitus

RPG 7

Rocket assisted takeoff of a C111 Starlifter aircraft. Even MSA Sordin shooting muffs had trouble blocking out the rocket blast!

Attached: original.jpg (898x1080, 325K)

>bam bam bam bam ba-
>BOOOOOM
youtube.com/watch?v=ACkmNvDGE3U

>.338 Lapua mag
>mfw indoor range
>10x20 room, low ceiling, 4 lanes, thicc walls because the lobby was right next door

You. I like you. Let's fuck.

Gustaf M3 will let you know its there, all round 'jesus take the wheel' noisy and destructive though is 500 and 1000lb bombs coming in fairly close (under 1000m) kind of eclipse anything else I've been near. Artillery from 105 and 155 is also hellish in its own way and gets an honourable 2nd, they throw shrapnel so damn far it is literally scary.

Loudest weapon? B-1B fully loaded on take off. Loudest gun? Either BRRRT or Obrez at an indoor range (bless that glorious Vatnik).

Based and reporterpilled.

They would, being slimline ear pro.