/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Cooking Threads Editions

old >>LYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>>LEEING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>discord.gg/25RSvaA
>/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

warriorcorpsman.com/
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: You're Fucking Fed Kiddo.jpg (283x178, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

dacowits.defense.gov/Portals/48/Documents/General Documents/RFI Docs/June2017/SOCOM RFI 2.pdf?ver=2017-06-07-221616-277
sealswcc.com/navy-swcc-why-running-performance-can-predict-your-bcs-success.html
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

first for cookie

Is it dumb that I feel like moving to the US and joining USAF instead of the RAF because of how much more funding you guys get and how many bases you have world wide?

Here at keesler we actually has a brit go through training. p. interesting,,
>Call base while in training
Everyone in my shop moved bases or TDY/PCS'd
>even my supervisor
>A level 3 A1C is currently the most experienced full time 3D1x2 tech on base
hit it

why not join the RAF?

For the former ranger medic who gives advice here.

Homeboy just said so

Also once you have your Tab doesn’t 11b become a secondary MOS, so theoretically the lat move should be easier?

funding? most of the USAF funding is R&D

Hey Jow Forums I'm an active E2 and I have about 7500$ saved up. What do I spend it on?

keep saving or spend it on school

Nothing. Increase what's going into your tsp while you're at it

nothing. save it, put it into retirement funds, or invest.
you'll want the money later on and gj being an e2 that understands money a little

How about you save it and spend your money the right way and not like a cockbag
>no strip clubs
>no new cars
>no new shit
youll end up broke fuckhead,trust me.

Attached: 1504990616719.jpg (600x634, 103K)

put $3000 in an emergency fund high interest bank account and $4500 on the s and p 500 via Vanguard then make sure you put at least $250 in index funds every month from then on out.

tfw 26 with college degree and wanna oper8

wut do

Would I be able to get option 40 with glasses?

but theres a sweet camaro for sale right off post
>no strip clubs
how else will I meet my future ex wife
cool, this sounds useful. any recs on which funds to go for? I have an account with navy fed, can I run my investment stuff through them or do I need to set up something with another group?

Get an MOS with option 4 or option 40 OR do 18X program.
>Make sure you study for ASVAB.
>Make sure you are physically fit
>DONT.FUCKING.QUIT

yes

Soup Jow Forums I need some advice.

I'm 24 and have always wanted to join but was a dingus and fucked around for a long time. I made a 91 on my asvab and really want to go 68w (army). Only issue is at 18, I was in a serious car crash and suffered a broken wrist and several brain bleeds. Talking with my recruiter, he fears the brain injury may prevent my enlistment. He suggests that I get updated xrays of my wrist and basically play it off that that is my only injury, no head trauma, act like the other records dont exist etc.

Any anons with any experiences like this or any related stories? I can't really afford to do what hes proposing but then again, if it would get me in (which he admits isn't a surefire thing) then I'd want to do it.

Neeto would there be any chance of me getting a special forces contract with glasses?

Forgot to mention I have visible scars on my wrist which is why acting like it all never happened isnt possible. Unless theres a way to get rid of scars?

Why do you need to get x rays of your wrists? Are there any obvious scars/deformity? Is there any restriction with your motion? If not, just play it off like it never happened.

Anyone know anything about SEALs?
>Is it worth even getting the contract and going to buds?
>What do seals do during peacetime?
>What happens if you fail or washout?

Put it in your TSP, the government will match it up to some level I forget because I'm on the old retirement system.

yes
as long as your vision corrects to 20/20 and you're not colorblind you're good to go

Yes, you can get a SF contract.

To explain this once and for all, MEPS has a health coding system called PULHES. E for Eyes. If your vision is 20/20 or correctable with lenses, you will get a '1' score, or 'high medical fitness'.

They don't DQ for glasses. Lots of people wear glasses, which is why Birth Control Glasses were a thing before they swapped it out with S9's.

Attached: This does not DQ you from SF or SOF.jpg (259x194, 6K)

>S9's
*5A's

What if my vision can't correct to 20/20 would I be DQ for any special forces or option 40?

Honestly, trying for BUD/S is better than the stupid 18x contract people sign with the Army. Yeah, Army SF will take you if you manage to get through everything, but no one really expects it. Numbers for how many 18x contractees end up with a long tab are conspicuously hard to find but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was

What happens if you can't cut it at BUD/S? Do you get a different MOS?

yes

18X/Special Forces Candidate

PULHES: 111221
ASVAB: GT107 CO98
Misc: Secret Clearance

The 'E' can be a 2, or: "Distant visual acuity correctable to not worse than 20/40 and 20/70, or 20/30 and 20/100, or 20/20 and 20/ 400."

You can be pretty blind and still qualify.

If you apply for an intelligence agency can you apply for multiple jobs that the agency offers like Special Agent and Intelligence Analyst? How hard is the hiring process if you're prior mil with a college degree from a state college?

How do I maximize my profits during enlistment? Any good programs/funds to invest into? My dream would be to eventually buy a house to rent out.

So eat more carrots and i'll be good?

How does BUDs compare to Green beret?
In terms of
>Difficulty
>Length
>Failure rate
>Wash out rate
>Fun shit you get to do
currently debating if I should go to the navy for a seal contract instead of doing army and trying to make my way to either 75th or Green bean

Look up mederma or the genetic under Cvs scar gel. Shit works.

sounds good, ty for quick response user

a) what about bud/s vs option 40? same deal?
b) per dick couch books, bud/s especially first phase seems like a whole lot more pointless harassment than rasp or sfas. is this impression correct?

>18x washout
Can possibly get sent to try out for other units in SOCOM or to RASP if he didn't quit, secondary qual'd as 11b, airborne qual'd, can possibly try again in 6 to 12 months
>SEAL washout
None of the above, needs of the navy means undesignated or trashy job like BM for the rest of his enlistment

DO THEY EVER SERVE LASAGNA IN THE ARMY????

plenty of buds and eod drops get good rates, too
especially if they had a high asvab and qualify for rates that are hard to recruit for to begin with

Yes

Oh great,are you that dude from last thread about fucking lasagna?
Lay off that shit,theyll put cock dysfunction pills if you keep eating that carb,fat ass shit.

Sure. Why not? Eating carrots won't improve your eyesight but it can't hurt you if you eat your vegetables.

>trying for BUD/S is better than the stupid 18x contract people sign with the Army.
wrong
>Numbers for how many 18x contractees end up with a long tab are conspicuously hard to find but it wouldn't surprise me at all if it was SEAL standards are high obviously, but the community DOES typically recruit mostly off the street unlike Army SF.
wrong
>If you wash out, the same thing will happen to you
Completely wrong
stop posting you larping shithead
No, you go to the fleet undes. Youre like a slave.
dacowits.defense.gov/Portals/48/Documents/General Documents/RFI Docs/June2017/SOCOM RFI 2.pdf?ver=2017-06-07-221616-277
18x is the best contract in the whole military
completely wrong stop fucking posting

Beware theres a larping idiot giving out lies atm

Attached: 1553834245213.jpg (1080x809, 63K)

>Currently a 1st-year Mechanical Engineering major
>Want to join USAF and like Mathematics
>Always thought that being an Aircraft Maintenance Officer would be awesome
>Recently read stories of all the long hours and bullshit they have to deal with
>Change my mind, want to be Air Crew instead, especially a Loadmaster where I can chill, go cool places and take cool pictures
>my degree may be a waste of time and money for what I want to do

Attached: 1400902338189.jpg (568x460, 44K)

then explain all the buds and eod drops who end up at corry station to become nerds of the navy.

What type of people drop out of SOF/SF/BUDs selection/training ????
Is it usually the guys who just want to be cool but dont want it bad?
Is it usually guys who do outdoor shit and like to camp,hike,swim,and walk alot that make it?

Does army boot camp have that decaff green tea? Lost like 25lbs drinking that grass in Navy boot.

>What type of people drop out of SOF/SF/BUDs selection/training ????
those that get injured

Dont fucking worry about it, do what you like.
>t. B.S. in compsci, works as a welder

From navy to army? why?
also i dont fucking know

i meant in terms of personality.like what type of guys make it?
Ones who dont give a fuck about anything?ones who use to do hood rat shit as kids?

Youre lying again, unless they went to teh fleet undes and got lucky to strike right away. You 100% are not guaranteed anything other than undes idc what your asvab is.
The vast majority are people who are physically unprepared.
cod kids basically
sealswcc.com/navy-swcc-why-running-performance-can-predict-your-bcs-success.html

Attached: 1533697913573.jpg (366x549, 21K)

>terms of personality
there is no personality matrix that determines who makes SOF or not
that whole "type A" vs "type B" is stupid and short sighted
the people who make SOF are the ones that wanted it the most

I know that,but the 'people who wanted it the most' also dont make it.

i never said you were guaranteed anything, just that it's possible you end up somewhere that isn't bm.
basically you can end up fucking anywhere once it's all said and done.

>just that it's possible you end up somewhere that isn't bm.
>basically you can end up fucking anywhere once it's all said and done.
That isnt what you said or what i said you dumb nigger
You dont go BM you go undes, most strike bm later. After youve been undes YES than after that you can strike another rate. But first you will be undes in the fleet hatin life for a year. Stop posting its getting sad.
The only thing you can control is how fit you are. There is no personality predictor.
wrong, the majority of drops are quitters

be vigilant of the idiot i keep embarrassing giving out wrong info

Attached: 1538947385485.jpg (1080x1350, 226K)

how do I nicely tell my recruiter to fuck off for a couple of months while I fix my life up a little
I'm at the point where all I need to do is sign a contract

is it for the same reason as me? or did you fall for Jow Forums memes?

>>Currently a 1st-year Mechanical Engineering major
Youre 1st year you have no degree. Drop out, serve, get out and get degree for free and pound teen pucci.

i responded to
>None of the above, needs of the navy means undesignated or trashy job like BM for the rest of his enlistment
you're right in that they went undes but it was for less than 6 months for most of them and has no bearing on what i am saying.
you're being a colossal faggot atm trying to roll in and say how right you are and wrong everyone else is with smug girl pics.

you're on a high horse with your chin so high air you can't see where you are

it has an enormous bearing you moron cause it isnt right away after failing and it isnt guranteed to be less than 6 months. Youre still at cory im assuming so stfu faggot you havent even deployed yet.
Taylor isnt smug shes beautiful

Attached: 1531594147839.jpg (1024x768, 87K)

>Hey right now my life stuff is kicking up and I need to focus on it, I'm still interested in joining and will maintain eligibility. I just need a few months to set aside these plans so I'll be ready to sign. You can check up on me around September and I'll see about joining up then.

hello jew slaves

not even in anymore
>guranteed
there's that word again, please feel free to quote where i said this shit. you're just looking for a fight because no one is asking you for help. fuck off and go shitpost in a discord for attention in the future

Attached: 1553817421411.jpg (617x581, 24K)

hello, fellow non military jew slave

bro i didn't read what bullshit you're typing but you need to go back with your ugly bitch posting. get the fuck outta here.

>there's that word again, please feel free to quote where i said this shit
you didnt you moron but its important to point out considering youre speaking as if it is
>If you wash out, the same thing will happen to you if you wash out of the Army 18x pipeline: you'll be reclassed to whatever the service needs for the rest of your contract.
>then explain all the buds and eod drops who end up at corry station to become nerds of the navy.
at no point did you even mention having to go undes first you fucking faggot
finally after me giving you a hard time you said>you're right in that they went undes but it was for less than 6 months for most of them
In conclusion youre a moron so go back to sucking your dads dick

Attached: 1520693747732.jpg (1080x810, 79K)

thanks bro

>No, you go to the fleet undes. Youre like a slave.
Needs of the service = undes, a term not used in the Army.
>link
The attrition rate given for SFAS in that document is for all volunteers, not just 18x.

>18x is the best contract in the whole military
nvm, this is bait.

>Needs of the service = undes, a term not used in the Army.
Wrong, completely wrong. An undes is an undesignated seaman. Youre a slave to BMs on a random ship. It isnt the same literally at all kid.
>The attrition rate given for SFAS in that document is for all volunteers, not just 18x.
Thanks, I know.
>nvm, this is bait.
Try and explain why im wrong so i can embarrass you like i did that other faggot. Seriously i want you to try cause t factually is for a lot of reasons.

Attached: 1538271965850.jpg (1080x1350, 224K)

Can you reclass every time you re-up? How often can you reclass? Is it just a matter of if they let you.

Why is 18x "the best contract in the whole military"?

they dont want guys hopping around MOS's if thats what your asking. you cant be a 11b one enlistment and then 19d the next and then 68w after that

Ok so in other words you have no reason to say it isnt. You were talking out of your ass. If you are willing to humble yourself and admit it we can be friends and move past this. My statement hinges on you passing ofc but if you do the world is your oyster for a bunch of reasons which again ill explain once you admit you have no fucking clue what youre talking about.
Jessica for turning over a new leaf

Attached: xfc1xk3h8jm21.jpg (1080x1350, 271K)

No that doesn't answer my question

Need some advice anons. Got some questions about lying about medical history. When I was 18 I was into drugs and ODed and was treated at a hospital. I did 3 weeks of voluntary rehab. I also got charged with possession but the charges were dropped (nothing shows up in background checks for employment).

This was all 4 years ago and I've been sober since then. Will I have any chance getting in the military if they find out about this? If lying about medical history is a big yes should I just not mention any of it? In the USA

Attached: 1554077918420.jpg (563x800, 95K)

Generally you can reclass every time you re-up, provided you haven't hit E-7 (E-6 for some jobs). ALSO, both the MOS you're IN has to have an "out" designation and the MOS you WANT has to have an "in" designation.

These designations are based on MOS strength across the Army and are updated every three months. The good news is that every battalion has a "career counselor" whose sole job is keeping track of this shit. If you're considering a reclass and the in/out designations line up, you should probably sign immediately if you're in your re-up window. The career counselor can help you with all this shit; you can let him/her know stuff like "yo if 11b (your current MOS) opens and I can reclass into 42A hit me up and I'll re-enlist". It's basically a re-enlistment incentive, and since CCs are mostly evaluated on whether they meet unit re-up targets they will help you out.

do tankers stay in 1 role for their enlistment? like gunners stay gunners loaders stay loaders etc?

Bitcoin

>Is it worth even getting the contract and going to BUD/S
Yes if you actually want to be a SEAL and aren't just falling for the memes. A lot of Crossfit types do BUD/S just to "test themselves" or for bragging rights and they pretty much all fail out.
>What do SEALs do during peacetime
Train, ride around on ships and subs, train more
>What happens if you fail or wash out
If you fail for medical reasons (aka you hurt yourself from pushing too hard) then you get put in the Cuckboy Division (SAT) while they wait for you to heal up. You get assigned bitch work (manual labor) but they make you use all the same facilities as current BUD/S candidates to remind you of what a failure you are. You eat in the same galley as them, your barracks are right next to theirs, and yes you will probably be assigned to puree their Navy SEAL poo-poo with a plunger. It is designed to be soul-crushing and in fact a lot of people either get depressed or outright kill themselves in SAT
If you DOR, there is a specific program for BUD/S and SWCC dropouts where you go to a base and basically do the Job Week shit that everyone else did in boot camp/at their recruiter's office. They go over your file and tell you what jobs are available and what jobs you qualify for, then you pick one and hope that you get it. If you don't have a good file then enjoy getting assigned to Boatswain's Mate, Hull Technician, or Undesignated Seaman where you will spend the next 4 years chipping paint and unclogging toilets.
Also it goes without saying that BUD/S dropouts are constantly harassed and made fun of by their fellow sailors. One of the unofficial SEAL mottos is "it pays to be a winner", the obvious flipside of this is that it really sucks to be a loser. If you flunk out of BUD/S then you will probably get fucked very hard until you re-attempt

Attached: 1550523045865.jpg (1600x1212, 173K)

I feel this overwhelming sense of dread the closer I get to ship day like I'm making some terrible decision
but at the same time I don't want everyone to think I'm a quitter

Attached: 1500235927147.jpg (604x453, 72K)

What branch and what MOS/rate/AFSC?

blow it all on off-base strip clubs

27 years old
with a degree

Redpill me on medical history. I've been prescribed Adderall, but stopped about 9 months ago. If I just don't inform them about that prior diagnosis rather than applying for a waiver. Will that work out so I have to submit all my medical records to enlist?

you don't even need a waiver if it's been more than 12 months
I just wouldn't say anything if that's all you're worried about

You are also a jew slave except you fund my paycheck, healthcare, and education.

I got out of the Army in 2016. I was treated for depression in 2018.

What are my chances of getting back in?

Really thinking about joining the foreign legion, is it a stupid idea?

Yes but if nothing's tying you here try it out.
You will most likely regret it though.

Just family, i would really hate to be out of home when any of them dies or something, but it would take a while to wait till all of them die right? Haha
Why do people regret it? Im legit trying to get a good reason not to go, the pay is good and sounds like an experience

>savings account
>not diversifying
cringe and middle class

This post brought to you by "Call of Dooty"

Accurate

More accuracy. Good work on calling out the LARP kids, user

>cant read
cringe and Jow Forumsbroke