Why can't hollywood get guns right?

Why can't hollywood get guns right?

Attached: wp-image-1659461020.jpg (1550x988, 209K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtu.be/qSHP8RdahYc?t=84
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish-American_organized_crime
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

They put more effort into it than some movies. At least they tried to disguise the fact that it's a Glock.

You want bad gunplay/guns? Try "The Walking Dead". That show fucking sucks.

link for convenience
youtu.be/qSHP8RdahYc?t=84

i give this specific case a pass because it's fucking gotham city where batman bends a rifle barrel with fancy tech, drops multiple stories onto a van, caving in the roof, and goes uninjured
saves rachel while landing on a taxi cab, falling easily over 10 stories. neither are hurt
yada yada ya

>the walking dead
holy shit stained Christ, this

is it even realistic that the mafia are still even big players?

You mean that show where everyone is somehow still driving around in cars eight seasons after all the gas stations closed?

The Mafia still exist. In many ways, they've been given a second wind because now so much of the FBI which used to be devoted towards organized crime is laser-focused on terrorism.

Yes, the show where despite human civilization having been almost completely destroyed the body count is higher than that of the fucking Holocaust (which never happened, by the way, don't be fooled friends).

youd figure someone on the entire fucking set would have at least said something about this. among countless other examples

Attached: 53214234.jpg (337x149, 9K)

Possibly realistic. Negroes love to use firearms but are rarely well versed in their use.

oh I have no doubt she (it?) absolutely thought it was how one holds a pistol

it's gotham city, it's not supposed to be real.

Attached: article-2176793-14267ED5000005DC-746_306x423.jpg (306x423, 19K)

I mean, nogunz actually believe that a shotgun can fucking toss you across an empty warehouse. I'm pretty sure they wouldn't be too fazed by seeing someone's head explode or seeing some dude go into shock after a single shot.

AUTHENTIC

Attached: 1526263662124.webm (362x640, 1.6M)

at least they were smart enough to not have it cocked in their pants

>Holocaust (which never happened

That's disappointing.

is this a child soldier in angola, or some hood rat?

Bullshit. There are more Holocaust survivors now than at any time in history.

Attached: jewsHolocaustSurvivors2050.jpg (640x760, 75K)

They're laser focused on Drumpf.

Attached: choose-yoir-heroes-wiseiy-robert-mueller-on-irag-war-and-32119211.png (500x510, 97K)

child gang soldier in the US of A

Someone make a gif of this.

He’s not wrong

kill yourself

Eh. They don’t drive much and there are millions of cars on the road with full tanks of gas to siphon off.

are you retarded or just pretending?

>there are millions of cars on the road with full tanks of gas to siphon off.
Gas goes bad and turns into unusable sludge after about a year.

After a couple years that stuff turns into something that smells like paint thinner and will barely burn.

>Why can't hollywood get guns right?
Hollywood has never gotten anything right.

My favorite gun goof is when Andrea blew her brains out with a revolver and you hear the casing hitting the floor

They mocked up a Glock 26 into a fictional gun. Fictional guns are allowed to be chambered in fictional calibers.

Attached: 400px-Dark_Knight_Pistol_Display_5.jpg (400x290, 29K)

>turns into unusable sludge after about a year
takes a few years

He wasn't racking it, he's tapping it back into battery and I'm not sure which is worse

Somehow I remembered that scene in one of the Jason Bourne movies where he cocks the hammer on a Glock to threaten a guy.

Someone post the walking dead webms

in Antman they spent a couple of grands for CGIing a hammer on a Glock instead of giving the guy a SIG in the first place.

>60,000 Holocaust survivors in 2050
They would have to be a minimum of 105 years old, assuming they were born the day Auschwitz fucking closed.

open your mind anti-semite

This is a Hate Fact.

Attached: feyxx9cuhio21.jpg (750x770, 56K)

Fuckin a dude.

Attached: bqadm.jpg (1917x1083, 153K)

Everything on walking dead is nonfunctional props now.
Rick's Python was real for a while firing blanks.
Karl's gun was always welded up and even has a blue cone coming out the barrel to help cgi tracking and compositing the images.
In GA, minors can't even touch a real weapon on a set due to child labor laws.
Early in production, they had to use a fake baby on set when firing blanks out of the Python.
The prop master simplified his job by using only nonfunctioning props now.
CGI gets more work.
> knows people in the regulatory side
For a while GA DOL even had to approve scripts and scenes with minors.
All set location have to be permitted.
It is highly streamlined now and can be done through a web portal.
That is one way GA is kicking California's ass in TV and movie production.

>MGS V was ruined for the triple/360
>TWD was ruined because Georgia hates hollywood
Why can't beancounters just mind their own business, surely they can understand that people want genuine shit that didn't have to pass 15 focus groups before it was even considered

What about Michael Mann? ( Heat & Collateral )

GA loves the movie and TV bucks, and producers live the lower costs and streamlined regulatory system.
LGS smith I use did a lot of the demill work on the props for TWD.
Nothing new or collectible got butchered.
A lot of the safety coordinators will not allow any real firearms on set.
A couple of deaths have been what pushed the industry to go with cgi.
GA did almost $3 Billion more in TV snd movie production value than CA in 2017.
Numbers should be higher for 2018.
Jumanjii 2 and Zombieland 2 are filming now.

>Why can't hollywood get guns right?
Can someone copy-paste the fight coordinators answer to this question from the last thread?

>Read my mind, senpai

That's because unless there is a total commitment to do it as close to "right" as possible, from every involved member of the production team from the scriptwriter to the director to the actors to the editors, you aren't going to get it right.

>responding as requested by #

I did a production several years ago where I went out of my way to ensure ammo counts were accurate. We filmed a ~2-second mag dump from an M16a1 with a 30-round mag from 4 angles.

You know what was in the final cut of the film? Dude firing that rifle for 1.5 seconds, then a cut to a second angle for 1.5 seconds, then a cut to a third angle for 1.5 seconds, then a cut to the 4th angl for a second or so. Which made my 30-round mag dump suddenly into a ~120-round mag dump, and totally undercut the whole point of accurate ammo count.

What happened? Fight directors and stunt coordinators basically never have any control over the editing process. Once I wrap on principal photography, it's on to the next project unless I have to go back for reshoots. The editor didn't care about making an accurate movie, and cut those 4 shots together, and I use no say in the matter.

Maybe 1 in 10 projects I do cares about accuracy in firearm handling, of those, maybe 1 in 10 of THEM cares enough to spend more money to get proper equipment and training when given the option to cheap out and CGI in muzzle flash in post or to rent rubber Nam-era M16s to equip their circa 2016 USMC (for half the price of electric non-gun M4s or M27 IMRs).

I'm sorry, but there's just too many failure points. And that isn't even including the massive list of people who can overrule me on a set (for non-safety-related things). Like the director, any actor with lines, the costume department, and so forth.

>1/2

>2/2

This also ignores the entire issue of the fact that a film or show must be marketable/entertaining *first*. This sets up a fundamental and irreconcilable conflict between what is entertaining, and what is realistic. The real stuff I've been involved in wouldn't make an entertaining fight scene, and that's generally true the world over.

Unfortunately, if what you want to see on your screen is "realism uber alles", then you need to stop watching entertainment and go watch combat camera footage on YouTube or LiveLeak. There are standards which will simply never be met.

And with that said, yes, a lot of issues are a direct result of budget or people not caring. Stuff like the OP webm in its entirely, or missing bolt carrier groups, or people holding the magazine of a bullpup instead of the grip, and so forth. Sometimes people are just cheap/lazy. Problem is, there's often no way to separate"lazy/cheap" from "director said 'do it this way'", or "the actor wants to hold it this way, even if correct is different".

Side note: anyone know how much combat/gun/stunt/sword training is required to graduate with a BFA in acting in the US? With the exception of one school (one), the answer is zero. Any training actors get is a result of them not working and doing it on their own time, or as a result of on-the-job training for a specific role. That's reality.

he uses old method press checks where they push the slide back from the front. was fine in Thief, but they stopped training like that by the time Heat came out

Attached: hanna press check.jpg (800x331, 36K)

2 tops, actually. Even so, it's easily been much more time than that.
Also, Costco has the best gas, due to the less amount of shit they add into it.

None of the guns have ever been real. They were all produce for blank firing.

You do realize Batman isn’t a documentary, right?

>public ranges
>even once

This
If you've ever wondered why everyone complains about the range Nazi RO's there, this shit is it.
Unless they know you they have to assume you're exactly that retarded

In the first episode of season 8 the rear sightless ar makes another appearance. This time used by Tara.

OY VEY THIS HATE SPEECH WILL NOT STAND

test

the falcone family is pretty established in batman lore

this guy is having the time of his life

the jewish mafia
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jewish-American_organized_crime

that nice low grip maximizing distance from the bore axis
operator status

What would .28 caliber be like? Something like .22 or .25, or closer to .32?

The mafia are wtill around, they just can't be as open about the shit they do now because of RICO and the FBI.
t. Jerseyboi

That's the joke.

I'd guess a .32, maybe it could be a bottle necked cartage like the 5.7

Bunch of impotent wops who can't flex across state lines without crying like a bunch of cunts. Mancini is a fucking joke and so is every smooth nut cunt who hangs around him

In the Matrix, where Neo is firing to VZ61 Skorpions (in .32 ACP) and there are 5.56x45mm casings falling onto the ground. Or the many random hammer cocking sounds every time any character pointed a gun at anything.

>we're stealing CA's movie business

Take it. We don't need it, and I fucking hate it when I run into a movie production shutting down roads. Traffic's bad enough normally.

Hollywood just goes where the tax credits are. Before us it was New Mexico and Louisiana. Once they've sucked enough blood out of our state and poz it up they'll just move to another one. They don't even hire Georgians.

That's why I hope Kemp doesn't pussy out signs the heartbeat bill and they hurry and fuck off.

The show where the main characters kid learns to shoot at the beginning of an episode, and by the end is pulling off head shots while running away?

this. it's a fictional universe. an art deco one at that.

.28 isn't too unreasonable caliber for a handgun cartridge. I am not angry at this

gee what's a photoshopped image???

its fucking batman, they have giant typewriters the size of buildings, hotheads, big guys, guys ahead of the curve, ra's al ghul in the form of liam neeson raising an eco-hippie ninja army in tibet and solomon fucking grundy himself running around.

yet the weird gun screwup is the thing that breaks disbelief?

Mafia has moved away from simple extortion rackets (since the government already takes care of that) and its involvement (depending whether we’re talking about Italian, kike, Albanian, Russian variants) is mostly based on drugs, human trafficking (prostitutes), shady black market shit (organs if the stories are to be believed) and gambling businesses.

They’re more underground and are probably making more than they’ve ever done, most security and intelligence agencies are way to busy consolidating control and watching their own populace and the shitskins wanting to commit the next big terror attack.

>I just want to do hoodrat stuff with my friends

the rule of cool, 98% of the audience isnt familair with guns to the autistic knowledge we are, so they write in material that looks or sounds badass.
For everything to be accurate, the director, writer, crew and actors need to be on the same page with acute attention to detail and frankly there isnt enough time to get everything right or enough people to give a shit, unless you have a director with that same acute autism. Its the same reason why things like computers, cars, legal or medical practices are done so incorrectly. Its not cool enough in real life so they fudge

I work on film sets AMA (when I get back from work in a few hours if this thread is still up)

Attached: 1473005632088.jpg (290x350, 30K)

highway men did ok

in a comic book started in the 30's about Chicago it's fine. Considering half of them are criminal genius mutants with death rays in that series too it's fine.

there were 25 year olds claiming to be survivors in the fucking 90's in lakewood nj.

.28 subs would be a good suppressed assassination caliber desu

jewllywood in a nutshell:
bad guy kills and maims people.
good guy kills and maims people.
never, ever, say or do anything in a movie, that makes jews look bad.

You’re the antisemite if you can’t recognize the suffering of third generation Holocaust survivors

I was laughing my ass off on that one

They gave up this season. No more guns except for Judith's revolver

While the crazy gun fu and shits out there and some dudes just walk into his bullets John Wick is the best at guns

Attached: BF305E2F-F6BF-4319-8F6A-EC50D370F67C.gif (480x274, 1.09M)

>some dudes just walk into his bullets
Dude is an ice cold killer. Of course he unlocked the vampire stare perk.

I could imagine that pseudoglock being used in a .28 caliber for assassination purposes, so that at least isn’t too far off the mark, especially for the Batman/capeshit universe. Now is something else entirely.
>he doesn’t know that gas goes bad

As an /o/tist, this triggers the fuck out of me. If you want to use cars in the post apocalypse, either use diesels or be smart about it like Miller and explain that new fuel is being made.

It's literally genetic brainlet

>ear pro
>doesn't flag anyone when he drops his AR

It's a black man havin' a giggle about niggers.

>child soldier in angola, or some hood rat?
there's a difference?

Chang or Ivan?

It's actually a video of a Congolese militiaman preparing for a tribal war

Four reasons
Most writers/directors/actors know next to nothing of guns. What they do know they learned from the predecessors who also knew next to nothing of guns, who learned from their predecessors who had only the most basic knowledge of simple guns and no knowledge of the new fangled semiauto guns.

Second, rule of cool. Related to the first, they know most of their audience knows as much about guns as they do, so as long as what they are doing looks cool, it doesn't matter.

Third, it is usually cost prohibitive for Hollywood to learn about guns. Both in money and time. Movies are a business and taking the time to learn about something means delays and delays cost money. On top of that, when a movie gets guns right, it is often viewed as weird by the average viewer and thus doesn't do as well.

Four, and this is a big reason why, they can no longer claim ignorance when it comes to guns. The vast majority of Hollywood is left leaning, and politically gun control falls on the left in the US. To push for gun control, one has to be almost wilfully ignorant about guns.

Yes but not in a "We run these streets" Gangsta way. They contract the dirty work while working Wall Street,monopolizing big businesses with cash heavy assets no one else can afford-cranes,earth movers,and the permits to get things done.

You mean the show, where several years after total civilization breakdown front lawns are still neat, roads clean and ALL THEM HOES have plucked eyebrows and shaved armpits?

Attached: enhanced-26737-1417035868-12.png.jpg (625x396, 38K)

Gasoline goes bad.

it turns into varnish after a year, and breaks down quickly. its not like the old leaded gas that was good for years in junkyards.

terrible reasons to pretend you hate the show

They get it wrong on purpose.

Don't worry, thats just one reason I hate it. The other one is the moronicness of the characters, the ridiculous amount of plot armor, the stupid story lines, the 70s level-bad gunplay AND the fact they dont pay attention to details like plucked female eyebrows etc.