How bloated is USA military budget?

I have read recently somewhere that for every dollar effectively spent in Russia USA has to spend 10 to get the same effect. Is american military spending that wasteful?

Attached: 12.jpg (1536x2048, 673K)

Other urls found in this thread:

images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrE1888s6RcPysAMgBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0N2Noc21lBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNwaXZz?p=elisa au fonseca karate&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

Pic related reporting. It really is. I worked very closely with the F-35 during the 2018 7th Fleet deployment, and worked on the FDNF carriers before that. Boeing and LHM should be tried for the most comically egregious fraud in military history. I wouldn't have a problem about the military spending budget if 7/10 of every dollar went to bullshitting contractors.

Attached: LS badge.jpg (224x225, 18K)

*didn't go to...

I don't think your comparison is accurate, but it's probably not far off.

Mil spending is pretty ridiculous. Soldiers don't even cut the grass on post anymore, instead contractors get five figure contracts to cut grass in one city block over a year. It's incredibly wasteful, but they're gibs to local economy so whatever. Our money isn't worth shit anyway. Former Soviet states ain't shit and can't match our production regardless. Stay poor, vlad.

>USA is world boss
>Russia isn't
Sounds worth it

Almost everything military is contacted out to someone though, the military just uses it. Real problem is they have a way bigger budget than they realistically need so most spending is wasteful at best and crooked at the worst. But being on the leading edge means we can justify however much we spend as long as we stay there, which is shit for accountability.

>contacted
contracted

Also, source on pic?

once you jump through all the hoops it takes to do business with the federal government, suddenly an $800 toilet seat no longer seems out-of-line.
not that any of you little faggots would understand that, you dont even have jobs.

Attached: 1547057418810.jpg (743x607, 198K)

>It's incredibly wasteful, but they're gibs to local economy so whatever.
I wish. Most of the fat stacks go into making whichever mr. and mrs. executive lounge around in exotic condos, eat $500 plates, and drive midlife crisis cars than actually paying for a livable wage. The worst is that all of that crap is legal.

my commie sense is tingling.

Reminder that for most of history nations and empires spent 10%-15% of their GDP on the military. If you were to bring a britbong from the 1800s and tell him that the empire that replaced them only spends 3.5% of GDP on defense he would look at you like you are retarded.

most of it goes to maintaining Welfare For Engineers, aka the space and defense industry

We spend more on welfare than we do on the military

the military is welfare

In Spain is even worse, we have Leopards 2E but we never drive them because we don't have money for fuel and oil. Also most vehicles are not ready for a chemical attack of any sort because the sealings are too old and don't seal shit anymore. Same with amphibious capabilities.

Attached: 1554155203786m.jpg (930x1024, 77K)

cute chink

images.search.yahoo.com/search/images;_ylt=AwrE1888s6RcPysAMgBXNyoA;_ylu=X3oDMTB0N2Noc21lBGNvbG8DYmYxBHBvcwMxBHZ0aWQDBHNlYwNwaXZz?p=elisa au fonseca karate&fr2=piv-web&fr=yfp-t

>the same effect.
Ha, nope.

Is it though. I think the world has forgotten just how cool we are. I think we should sit out ww3 and then remind them.
We are nearly untouchable to russia and China without a full scale nuke fight.
I say let them have the world. We’ll keep trading with the Commonwealth nations, japan and maybe Korea. Well keep a hand on the wheel in Central America.
Fuck everybody else.

This way we can concentrate on space and the real future of humanity.
Once we have the high ground we’ll dominate the world anyway.

Uh facts

Former helicopter engine mech from the Marines here.
We ran out of money every September/October so there's that.

USA fiscal year is not the same as calendar year, they do not overlap. Your fiscal year starts October 1st and ends September 30th.

So, the fiscal year 2019 is Oct 1st 2018 - Sept 30th 2019.

And usually as the end date comes closer if a certain department, agency or whatever have extra funds they go on a spending spree so they don't show it on the next Oct 1st so they don't get a cut in the budget.

Attached: 1552399855835.png (8125x9025, 2.83M)

Oh I knew very well when the fiscal year started/ended. And we did no such spending spree. We would try to order much needed parts (albeit the compressor section was $500,000) and we would be told flat out we have no money. Sometimes this would happen as early as the beginning of September.

No