ArmA 3 Groups

Do you Jow Forumsunts have any sugguestions on groups/communities to play with? I know I could ask /v/ but it's more likely to get some bullshit about game quality then actual recommendations.

Attached: BOOM.jpg (1200x675, 1.01M)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoODPQ4CTM
units.arma3.com/unit/blackforge
discord.gg/GAPBjqg
youtube.com/watch?v=7AghK1x3n8s
youtube.com/watch?v=LNZU8wpU5hk
youtube.com/watch?v=QKUhVFdCIY4
steamcommunity.com/
steamcommunity.com/id/Nota
steamcommunity.com/groups/broma3
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Squad is better at this point.

For combined arms and actual variations in what you're doing, it really isn't. Its a shadow of what Project Reality was.
You and I both know you're posting in the wrong place, but on the off chance you're not trolling, I run a decent unit. I'm assuming you know you'll need to fuck around with mods.

What modifications in particular?

What do you do?

In general, ACE, Enhanced Soundscape with Dynasound, Blastcore, basically stuff to make the (awful) base Arma experience tolerable. Then we'll run a content pack. We're just finishing up a few month long campaign using Operation Trebuchet (which is all Halo infantry stuff, so playing as marines, ODSTs etc. vs Insurrectionists. We're running probably the final op of that this weekend to close it up.
Our next plan is to use a pack playing as British Armed Forces doing COIN shit vs African militias. Still building all the systems and deciding what stuff we want in though. There's about 30-40 mods in the BAF pack atm, I'll swing it over to you if you want.
Pic related

Attached: _TrainingClafghan-RoadMountainFog.jpg (1920x1080, 2.44M)

I'll take a look.

It'll get to the level of PR soon enough. Also arma 3 with people is still nothing but cancerous.

>Also arma 3 with people is still nothing but cancerous.
What??! You NEED to call me SIR I serve in the Army you know?? I WENT TO IRAQ! You faggots don't know what I had to do as a 92S!!!!

>1080ti
>still can't run all this shit at anything higher than cable tv resolutions

From what I've seen squads not any better in terms of community. Nano's videos are pretty good at demonstrating that, even if it is purposely selected.

Attached: 1549475621160.jpg (1024x996, 72K)

What the fuck do you need 40 mods for?

So you don't play? Squad is a much better community by far. Some cherry picked videos won't give you a good idea. There is a reason the PR community now plays squad.

(Could have something to do with Squad being the predecessor of Project Reality)

A bunch of the bigger mods (RHS, Project OPFOR) have smaller things we just need parts of. Then lots of small client-side tweaks. Realistically you could trim it to about half of that if you wanted to, I just like Arma to look and sound halfway decent.
>predecessor
I get what you're trying to say but most of the PR community doesn't like Squad because streamer types got to it early and pulled in shitters. The comms between squads suck most matches.

This.

If there's even a tiny city and more than 20 characters on screen the shit just chugs.

>predecessor
You do understand squad is the newer game right?

>Project Opfor
>Not Community Factions Project

I wasn't arguing otherwise, I made the earlier post saying squad's not much better.

Shush, I made an error.

ARMA gets CPU bound long before GPU is an issue, time for a new build boys.

Yea, because it's shit. Only ArmA can give you issues with Ivy Bridge at 4.0GHz.

The engine is a joke but there is no competition, I just want someone else to make something similar so there is pressure for BI to get it together.

Attached: zu-23.jpg (1920x1080, 188K)

>CFP
>more than 3.5GB on its own
>still needs all of CUP
>massive amount of unit/faction bloat, stupid shit you'd never need
Yeah, not CFP.
This. Hopefully Arma 4 will use Enfusion well.

Attached: DJ BR platoon.jpg (1920x1080, 608K)

>Stupid shit you'll never need
Like what?

>Russian/US main/special forces while RHS exists
Yeah I'd call that bloat, not to mention all the random asian shit. Phillipine army? South Thai Rebels?

ur mum

tmtm

>mfw I run over 200 mods on a toaster of a PC

Attached: 1537097589346.jpg (715x805, 192K)

See

Attached: newe coffee .png (1969x1731, 96K)

you run PvE or PvP? how many you pull the odd shilled game night?

also what region you host?

Never Forget

Attached: 107410_screenshots_20161207153509_1.jpg (1920x1080, 747K)

I miss them

I might suggest shacktactical, their whole thing is "serious fun"
They actually kind of tryhard it without the autism you'll usually find in a milsim group. There's a fuck load of videos on YouTube from a number of it's members if you wanna feel it out. Thing is it's a community of people who're really into Arma, and they're looking for people who can commit to the long term, not just flavor of the week types as their website puts it.
Of course I've never actually played with them at all so I might not be the best source.

Attached: Squirrel.jpg (400x432, 24K)

Host in Australia but about half the group is from either Canada or the US, and we've got one dude from Alaska. Pretty much just PvE because unit-based PvP is cancer, but we mix it up a lot and try to use a lot of stuff to keep it interesting and somewhat immersive/realistic.
Attendance is anywhere from half a dozen to around 15, depending on what people's plans are. We don't do any gay mandatory training or ranks, just set squad and team leads at the start of ops (99% of the time its myself and one other guy, then asset crews run themselves). No required attendance, just show up when you want.

Fuck off Dslyecxi, no one wants to be a prop in your money making videos.

who was the biggest shitter in arma 3 and why was it crustycumsock

When do you guys run ops?

>no one plays Arma 2 anymore
>all of the servers are only made up of Russian/UK/Germanfags who still play Day Z/Origins

Attached: 1549183329450.jpg (400x262, 5K)

United Operations, all others are the big gay.

Alternating saturdays and sundays to work around people's work schedules, usually around 2pm AEST. This week (Saturday AEST) will probably be a small one as the Halo stuff is winding down, but we always like having new players along.

Death death death by TISM starts playing.

Absolutely Patrician

Started listening to them thanks to some arma clip where this track played.

One of ChKilroy's best videos desu senpai

kerry

That band is like Aussie shitposting made into a band.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=ZxoODPQ4CTM

The dancing and stuff is hilarious

Even their name is shitposting.
This Is Serious Mum

If you're at all I terested in WW2 Arma, 23pzd was a great unit to be a part of.

Also all of their music videos.

I'm part of a unit that seems to be what you're looking for, OP. We're somewhat serious in game, but we don't have any ranks outside of ops, and we don't have any mandatory training except for important roles. We run ops fairly regularly, and have a good size membership.
Here's our Unit page: units.arma3.com/unit/blackforge
and our discord is here: discord.gg/GAPBjqg

What's your unit, user?

17th Pathfinders, the unit page (which hasn't been updated in a year or something) should be the first thing to pop up.

Miss the old days on PR, that game was so much better then Squad, still no aircraft in Squad.

if you just want people to play with, I have my ports open for arma to host small (4-8 player) games. I'm learning how to use the more advanced parts of the editor right now to make my own missions. atm me and my buddies are doing OPTRE and Dynamic Recon Ops because its simple and fun. if any of y'all cunts are interested send me a friend request on steam Killahmonk3y with a pepe for the profile pic.

I will second UO.
youtube.com/watch?v=7AghK1x3n8s
Four hours of Falklands Autism youtube.com/watch?v=LNZU8wpU5hk
M240 Team
youtube.com/watch?v=QKUhVFdCIY4

UO is just the small gay then. Also a lot of regulars sound exactly the same over ARCE.

I'm uhhh, I'm interested in any WW2 groups.

you mean dead group?

Attached: 1527605530522.jpg (380x380, 23K)

Any good vr for arma3?
I'm thinking of holding a $2k gaming pc, ideally with a nice vr headset in addition

I'm apart of a group of really relaxed like minded individuals called 'coffee break gaming' message me on steam for details. Thanks, steamcommunity.com/ profiles/76561197984071945/

I run a casual arma 3 group if you want to clown around with us

steamcommunity.com/id/Nota Trandoshan/
If above doesn't respond quick enough contact me at the lonk above

/a3g/ is dead, join Broma.
steamcommunity.com/groups/broma3

Regular ops Tuesdays and Saturdays.

We're starting up regular WW2 ops on Wednesdays and Sundays. The new North African theater update is really promising. This Sunday we are doing Part 1 of the Siege of Tobruk, Aussies vs Italians.

Attached: desertrats.png (512x288, 263K)

arma 3 is not suited for VR, you can use TrackIR for it instead

Sun Tzu rolling over in his grave after seeing this image, OP.

SpecOPsBear and Naota or sonixapache and SLow