Civilian Gear

What would you select for a bare bones, effective, reasonably priced, gear setup?

Must be available for civilians
Can be milsurp
Bonus points if tried and tested

Attached: 40919b9074bdff5b9f1901fe164f4735.jpg (464x640, 95K)

Other urls found in this thread:

awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=52998
awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50924
awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50982
awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50992
tacticalassaultgearstore.com/low-vis-chest-rig.html
keepshooting.com/eagle-industries-rhodesian-recon-vest.html
keepshooting.com/eagle-industries-us-army-special-forces-h-harness.html
bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bds-tactical-simple-stacker-chest.cfm#bds-option-box
511tactical.com/tactec-chest-rig.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

What weapon system?
Mission set?

Right now I have an ak47 police issued, all stock no frills and a Jericho 941 as a sidearm.
I was thinking as far as mission goals, some nice innawoods stalker / isolated locations exploration

In fewer words I'd like to have a set of gear I can rely on if shtf to get a decent edge on looters and redguards and have fun if I wanna fuck around with full loadout

Attached: 71275.jpg (620x413, 74K)

I know about the gear queer thread but it is better reserved to more knoledgeable approaches to the subject, I am looking for bare bones stuff here, basics only

Police issued AK47? You’re gonna have to help me out with that one. You’re either misidentifying something or just being special. But yeah,
Go to gq, I’ll post civvie inspo

This is a good example but authorities here are very fussy on shit which is issued atm, they would be totally fine with milsurp no loger issued tho, hence why I specify made for private citizens and not for military personnel

Attached: 651073F6-6FA9-4F41-8C4E-87B44D7D52CC.jpg (4032x3024, 2.64M)

It might have been an import. I remember seeing some police issue CZ75s from Egypt on Iraqvetran8888. Apparently all you need is a "cooling off" period in order to import them.

Yeah sorry I should have specified eastern block police, romanian to be specific, great purchase imho.

I know they exist in the US aswell but probably come in form of parts kit.

That’s my kit.
Still, there’s a big difference between Czech pistols had by the crate to outfit some small town PD in GA and legitimate AK47’s being dropping in a PD. Even without all the fuddlore surrounding the platform that sounds retarded.

Attached: CD36BD07-DBE3-46C0-9FDA-1B7C759965AE.jpg (1536x2048, 552K)

>Ak47 police issue

Oh boy, what kind of backwater are you from?

And I really like it, were you issued some of the kit or did you buy it yourself?

That is a great storage system, any link to the majigger you got everything stacked on there?

What is the rope for? I always suspected gq was racist.

Ok, well, you’re probably in a better spot to be snagging surplus AK mag pouches. Just toss them on a Tactailor SplitMAV and wear a Beez Combat Systems slick or something similar. Now, you’ve got something threat-scalable.

Just bear in mind you want 3 things
Stop holes - plates lvl 4, don’t cheap out
Plug holes - IFAK, if you don’t have my guide someone in gq does
Make holes - your mags

It helps to have a water source and sustainment equipment but if you’re just defending the homestead I’m sure your fridge works.

Attached: 71A5BEC2-398B-4BE0-8ACA-DF375307403F.jpg (2582x2400, 1.31M)

Rip jake phelpers

Bro it is a black plastic shelf you get them at Walmart for $10

LoL you damn fuckers...

It is a ROMANIAN POLICE AK47, issued to the police in romania THEN it made its way to my country.

Goddamn fishermen setting baits everywhere!

Attached: images(3).jpg (330x152, 8K)

Dress how normal people in your area dress. Add a solid color armor carrier with mag pouches. No mask. No camo. Rifle with sling. Wow. So hard.

>Romanian police hand-me-downs

So what you're telling me is you're from a country that would be referred to as a "backwater country" by a backwater country.

Got an interview for one of those armored truck gigs. Basically would be driving around the city collecting cash from businesses. I have an M&P 45 4" Mid size, with 3 mags total. What Kind of rig should I be running as far as PC, plates, and belt set up?

I was thinking about a Black Ferro Slickster totally slick, with an AWS LAB belt, Blackhawk Serpa (yes I know), two mag pouches, and an IFAK.

The reason I want the slickster, and not just some basic slick rig, is because I can use the clip system in the future if I want to swap from work rig to a rifle rig very quickly. Also addressing the serpa holster. I'm trained with it, and I'm broke as fuck right now, can't afford to drop 100$ on a safariland holster. Need the AWS LAB belt so I can get my holster on the belt without needing some extra shit to attach it to MOLLE.

Attached: ferro-81309.jpg (1200x900, 75K)

Most of it is was special issue for one deployment or another or traded amongst the outfits I’ve worked with. The plates/helmets/cammies are issued - the inserts/admin pouch/add-ones are bought to fill some gap or another in my kit.
>Go to Walmart
>Aquire cheap shelf
>?????
>PROFIT
Stuff
Rip guru

Attached: C08AFA56-6106-49C3-A58B-3F214C907EBA.jpg (4032x3024, 2.01M)

Sounds fine. I’m surprised they don’t have gear for you at the job.

We lost a fuckin real one.

They pay for half of it. Not sure about plates yet, if they provide or what. If they don't i'm gonna be rocking some heavy bois.

Shit my bad dude, it looked like something quality us richfags would get. I don't shop at Chinkmart.

Serpas get more shit than they deserve, and honestly as long as you're not going to be crawling through the mud, which you wont be in that job, it's a perfectly fine holster used by armed forces around the world.

Attached: 1549861747413.jpg (2048x1536, 454K)

Nigger, my gear in country has been kept in a plywood cubby, a forcepro bed bag and stacked on a tough box, unless you’re making a museum piece, there’s not really a reason to spend that much on a glorified storage piece.
The nice furniture I make gets the books stacked on it.

Nope not hand me downs, more like wanna buy them? we need money mate!

And our gun importers said...how about...threefiddy?

I don't really give a shit, I have more money than I know what to do with and I like nice looking things.

Theyre honestly nice holsters, I have a paddle and a belt one. /gq/ talks mad shit because they're not 150$ safari ALS holsters, but I like mine for my outdated pistol.

I wasn't trying to be a dick I just thought it was funny to ask because it is just a plastic shelf. I made (pic) it isn't super nice but it looks cool in the " planning room"/ my basement.

WTF I posted the pic

Attached: low drag shtf (2).jpg (2062x3668, 1.39M)

There are some practical complaints about debris blocking the functionality of the mechanism, but the fuck weasals talking about NDing themselves because they can't keep the finger they used to activate the "Fingy button" off of the trigger probably shouldn't own any guns at all anyway.

Make a project of it. Make a gear shelf out of steel pipe fittings and pre cut slats or something cool.
What helmet?

In a setting like what i'll be in, the serpa is def not a bad choice. I'll be driving a nice comfy armored truck around town all day. Not gun fighting tali's. /gq/ btfo

>muh pre-faded jeans
>muh baseball caps
>muh t-shirts
>muh sleeve tattoos
wear literally anything you want with those things and you will automatically be the cookie-cutter douche every notgay dudebro wants to jerk off

bonus points for owning a lifted truck that never sees dirt and has a dozen COME AND TAKE IT stickers on the back, the ultimate shrimp dick ride

Attached: 1548038921977.png (549x1024, 413K)

Might buy Slickster too, just want to strap a few AR and pistol mags to myself and for the price I've never heard anything else recommended.
Do ceramics really have a shelf life? Is steel with anti spall sufficient? Who's a reputable company?

>What helmet?
We been through this before it is the cheap S. Korean made one you didn't like it before you wont like it now. But what do you think of my stand?

>Is steel with anti spall sufficient?
It stops bullets but sucks I have Ceradyne plates and some hdpe ones

Why does it suck? Heavy and/or not 100% effective? Just kind of worried about the turnover on ceramics, I know they don't magically stop working after 5 years but they seem high maintenance; I'd hate to worry if they got too wet, either from sweat or a drizzle on the range (I own 23 acres I'll probably LARP on), and having to scan it for imperfections.

Not him but ceramics are supposed to absorb the impact better, and generally speaking can take multiple hits just the same as steel if rated properly. Forensics protection across the board really is just the god and devil rolling dice though. You can get really expensive ceramics with the weight cut in half.

Eitherway you are going to want trauma inserts on top of anti-spall.

Attached: MOqgb_ay-9xT.jpg (640x656, 64K)

Gotcha I'm gonna do just a bit more research by I'm leaning toward ceramic

Many people here make fun of the civilian looks, but shouldn't this be something what would be preferrable instead of being mistaken for one or the other side of some shtf civilian war scenario?

I mean as far as practicality goes i would say you should take into account for two things:
1) Full blown inna woods chilling, any conceiling gear seems preferrable. Possibly get a ghillie suit.
2) City chilling, any civilian clothing making you look as useless and defenseless as possible seems preferrable. Seriously - not being shot at because people think you're just a dumb ass dressed like a hobo beats lying dead in a ditch in full gear.
The only time when full (and most importantly: visible) protective gear seems reasonable is when engaging in face to face firefights which is for the most case pointless and a quick way to get shot.
Seriously - do you want to survive or kill as many people as possible?

Pic related: My suggestion for anything you wear above any optional gear on 70% of the day.

Attached: beggar-his-dog-homeless-cold-winter-52289366.jpg (867x1300, 322K)

OP here, larping missions aside,I get what you mean but my plan is way different

The bob is already set, if shtf I have a property an hour drive away.
Most modern cars commonly found in my country won't reach the innawoods part of the mountain, but my car can (very good purchase)
Small log and rocks walls cabin built by great uncle(I own the land, not trespassing)

From there I have access to a well, game aplenty and the amounts of civilization I need to survive.

If it is a shtf situation I will fucking shoot anyone inside my property.
Leo get a warning shot and angry yelling first because I am a nice person.

Hence why I'd like some sort of camo/solid green colour, it doubles for hunting purposes but it is usually more resistant to wear and tear than hunting gear given the purpose it is built for

What is the latest milsurp from russia and the usa?

If I want to avoid currently issued gear how far back in years would I have to look?

Given russian stuff is more readily available to me as a eurofag how would you think it would fare?

oooohhhh fabulous!!!!!!!!!
FASHION SHOWWWWWWWW (Queer voice)

Yeeeeeeeeeee

*Excited clapping*

Ah another thread to hawk my current set up of scavenged weight belts and make up bags

Attached: 4D242592-E5EF-45CE-82A7-2CCB07A6D4EB.jpg (1536x2048, 475K)

Don’t tempt me, faggot
That’s right. What is the stand made of?
BDU woodlands
Steel is garbage and I have seen the anti spall truck bed liner rip through a man’s soft palette after taking a round to the steel plate. It’s also not great about almost every rating the DOJ/DOD use for plate ratings. The info from v6 is easily available for free. Don’t skimp on protective gear. HighCom or Hesco.
You won’t

Attached: B204AC63-7FAF-483F-9F4E-C8B877129B51.jpg (640x426, 79K)

I am tempting you Nigger!

As far as maintenance how long do ceramic plates last?
Can they outlast me for instance? is it something I can heirloom to some insane relative kid in the future?

Also BDU woodlands looks awesome, great for what I need it for!
Know of any russian ones?

Hey bags are bags if you have nothing else that works too...but tighten up all of that fucking looseness

OP here

AHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH
Don't you love it when laws are not really enforced in your country because no one truly gives a shit?

Let's just say that soft air must be a hell of a fucking game in this country

ahahaha tears of joy!

They will outlast you so long as you aren’t using them to hammer nails and storing them in a bog.
Russians have the flora pattern but nothing compares to the US BDU
Your thing could work you just need better attachment points and reinforced seams

What kind of experience is required for that gig?

Hey Eagle Industries is a US military brand right?
Looks stuff from the freedom side of town is readily available aswell

Yes, I’m fact we’re about to get into some.
You wanted a civvie-tac fashion show? Well here we go.

Our first piece is perfect for faggots who love their jogger pants and waifus but wish they could have a little something extra too.
The artist has gone to great lengths to capture the “don’t you dare touch that last 36-foot-long love pillow cover” expression.

Attached: 8983351E-B487-49FA-BB78-1FF54B9FAAEF.jpg (616x989, 543K)

>balaclavas
>tactical muslim rag
>tactical sliding knee pads
>3,000 dollar AR's for shooting bandits no further than 100 meters
>"Please fuck me in the ass" shoes
>No side plates
>No food
>No water
Well, at least they have their Velcro patches.

Attached: putting black in black operations.jpg (869x1298, 304K)

Pieces used to create this look
Please note that the medical devices have been preserved in their original packaging as the artist wants them back in his supply stash immediately afterwards

Attached: 71117E9C-E113-4091-94BE-137FFABD49DB.jpg (4032x3024, 2.27M)

When things have gotten a little more serious and more ammunition is required but you just need to keep that adorable face front-toward-baka, a split front rig is right for you!

Attached: 8C8AF868-81E5-46F2-BA59-ADF19FF71592.jpg (626x1012, 569K)

dude just stop.

JPC and MICH 2001

Note the painstaking attention to the theme as even the tourniquet is in “civilian blue”
But when the time has come e for waifus to hide their eyes and their valiant protectors must dehumanize themselves and face to bloodshed - a quick donning of the Beez Combat Systems slick plate carrier is called for

Attached: D566E820-607D-46F3-A964-C9AC1347FFEE.jpg (640x1136, 613K)

rip CDK

Labels for the brand whores
Pouches are a mix of Eagle Industries and the RLCS set.

Attached: E866C750-D478-4171-8863-A6B2F05C163D.jpg (4032x3024, 2.51M)

Question is, will you be going out of your way looking for trouble? Most looters and first tier zogbots will use handguns so soft armor will do.

Add a chest right and waist holster and avoid trouble.

Now if your autism compels you to go john wick, soft armor+plates, molle platform and go autist with pouches

They don't have kit for you? Find out first. You may be required to wear only what they give you.
Even rifle plates might be too much. 2 or 3A soft armor will suffice. Everything else sounds fine. Get a simple utility pouch for a stapler and boxcutter, and clips for key loops.

Basically none. I was expecting to find a pile of ex-mil or reservists, but it's half aging boomers who got the job at 17, and half static security who want to be cops.

What is the best gear color that goes with anything you wear? (Civilian clothes or camo)

It's go to be OD right? It looks good even if you wear all black or even desert camo

Attached: maxresdefault.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

Ranger green.
Who else BDU-U too?

Attached: 32E65261-695F-4EA4-8953-58E76556CB3E.jpg (4032x3024, 2.7M)

if something ever does happen 70 percent of these dudes dressing like nutnfancy are going to get dropped almost asap

Attached: 6199ec094af5436fb0c1fed35f0b396e.jpg (1280x1024, 236K)

AR, Beretta 92S, hungarian steel helmet, chink chest rig, surplus uniform in whatever pattern is appropriate.

Woodland and multicam are brothers from another mother.

Attached: image.jpg (3264x2448, 2.01M)

Attached: web_suksiasu.jpg (800x534, 102K)

Attached: 341845821ab50ec8d8.jpg (711x945, 309K)

GQ is not good for specific discussion and is a bitch to read through the pastebins

Is the ronin decent I was looking at that or a tyr. Also what helmet

What camo is that and what country?

M05, Finland

Attached: Sotilasvala_111.jpg (1000x667, 211K)

I like the stand, it gives me ideas

lmfao

gear-queer faggots are the furthest thing from knowledgeable. If playing dress up and looking at yourself in the mirror to know exactly what you will never be is knowledgeable then maybe.

for me it must be modular following the layers principle like with clothing so

>Condor Barrage chest rig
>Camelbak Mule hydration pack

Are you k retested in upgrading your chest rig? Condor is not up to snuff quality-wise

>Are you k retested in upgrading your chest rig? Condor is not up to snuff quality-wise

I subscribe to the nuntnfancy/WWSD pinciple for cutting weight down to the bare minimum. I find the rig well made and rugged enough. I also accept nothing less than 12 mag capacity. but ofc, you can always get something of better quality. I wish they'd use seatbelt webbing which is softer than the course webbing they use...

Well, they have problems with stitching, materials and plastics quality. The whole product is inferior to the gear it’s copying/riffing. Also:
>light as possible
>12 mags on chest minimum
>nutnfancy
I’m not ripping on you yet but help me understand

Is a plate/chest rig even worth it for a civilian?

>The whole product is inferior to the gear it’s copying/riffing.

gib link then tobetter product.

>I’m not ripping on you yet but help me understand

If I cut weight at some places religiously going for the lightest possible stuff it will allow me to carry more of the crucial supplies I can not reasonably expect to find on the go... like ammo. 2lbs saved is two more loaded mags.

>gib link then tobetter product.
Not the guy you're replying to but literally any non airsoft chest rig

>Czech pistols issued to some PD in GA
I said they were Egyptian issued pistols. A combloc country would absolutely issue AKs to their police forces. It wouldn't be unrealistic to think that user has gotten a hold of one either as it seems he isn't even from the US.

nice projection, buddy

You’re not wrong but you are late to the party - the fact that he wasn’t US was established before o refreshes the page this morning.

awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=52998
awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50924
awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50982
awsin.com/proddetail.asp?prod=50992
tacticalassaultgearstore.com/low-vis-chest-rig.html
keepshooting.com/eagle-industries-rhodesian-recon-vest.html
keepshooting.com/eagle-industries-us-army-special-forces-h-harness.html
bdstacticalgear.com/pd-bds-tactical-simple-stacker-chest.cfm#bds-option-box
511tactical.com/tactec-chest-rig.html

Wearing black in war is so fucking retarded, you can see it a mile away.
larping faggots think they want war, then after a week without power and mommy doesnt bring back toilet paper and tendies anymore and you die from an infection and not in some wild gunfight.
ksg

OD Green BDU top or Helikon SFU's (I like the Grey ones)

and Helikon Outback pants (They can be waterproofed with wax

It looks like a clusterfuck, get your shit together

barebones:
>work clothes
>good shoes
>good socks
>cheap milsurp load bearing rig (varusteleka sells swedish ALICE for $10)
>a gun

Other than that pack for a long, austere camping trip. Don't get too invested in clothing, in the long term they are consumable rather than durable equipment.

Terrorwave is the go to aesthetic for poorfags

Attached: terrorwave adidas aesthetic.jpg (1029x3320, 444K)

wtf this almost how i dress. in a shtf im not dressing like a milsurp larper.

Unironically get Hunting Camo for your specific location. It will work better than any military issued bullshit

Attached: aAcd6jrCF.png (540x540, 656K)