There isnt anything comfier than getting conscripted in a western army

There isnt anything comfier than getting conscripted in a western army

You cant prove me wrong

Attached: finnish_troops8_photo_credit_finnish_defense_forces.jpg (1000x563, 127K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=upP-QNtrlqU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>tfw conscripted into FDF
>tfw a year went really quick
>tfw wanted back every single day for another year

Attached: 17f0e9a9.jpg (257x196, 15K)

only if it's for defending your homeland, not getting shipped out to die overseas

Time does fly fast.
>tfw wanted back every single day for another year
Maybe if barracks werent moldy shit.

Attached: 9b31311f.jpg (960x945, 119K)

>Prove me wrong

Not getting conscripted, getting a good job young allowing you to buy all the funs and training you want without having to sell your soul to the jews and work with IQ 10 mongoloids and literal prisoners for 2-4 years.

Enjoy your indentured service, don't forget to turn everything you used in when you're done.

Bonus reminder that pic related is who you will essentially be working with.

Attached: abu-hajaar-video.jpg (564x358, 17K)

Finnish conscription works because finland isnt a nigger pit like the rest of europe.

Prove me wrong.

>have a "nigger" in my group for the whole time
>unironically the hardest worker of all of us, throws top tier bant and its all around a fun lad
Okay user

Attached: Jehovan_sana.png_cropd.png (182x200, 74K)

Not to get all Jow Forums, but didn't the Finnish government literally collapse 2 weeks ago?

Based conscription.

Attached: 428f809147ea7d5ece02caeec765df63.jpg (1536x1024, 282K)

Finns are a Western army now? What's next, Belarus?

>There isn't anything comfier than literal slavery
May your chains set lightly upon you.

>Government collapsed
Not even close. Our parliament was disbanded like a month before the new elections, nothing major really.
>Be our PM
>Try to ram healthcare and societal reforms trough
>Promise to disband the parliament if these fail to get through
>Changes get shot down by our constitutional committee
>Reck the parliament as a stunt

>Wreck parliament
>Not even close

If- If you say so user.

Attached: 1553754959343.jpg (500x500, 64K)

lurk Ylilauta and your opinion would change

>a bunch of fatties who never volunteered daydream about being conscripted
I don't understand this board anymore

Thought about joining the national guard back in the day cuz I wanted to help my nation during crisises and not shoot at some dirt poor fuck head in the middle of the desert. Never did but somehow get a office job at a biggish tech company. I still fantasize about joining up.

Finland isn’t Western. I think the word you were looking for is developed.

>Laughs in Hornets, NASAMS, AMRAAMs, Leopards and K9s
Okay vlad

Attached: 0066d378.png (706x674, 161K)

>Spend a year in your home country with absolutely no fear of getting into actual combat, just fuck around with full auto guns and explosives
>Send several years getting shipping to some middle of nowhere desert shithole where borderline subhuman desert cultists throw makeshift mines everywhere
Conscription is pretty much just the boy scouts but for adults

Attached: 1547995198761.jpg (1600x1067, 251K)

Due to practical reasons every minister kept their seat, but instead of processing new laws and such, all of them are just "acting ministers" who keep everyday things and matters running until the next parliament is elected and a new government formed.
So basically nothing happened, except the prime minister threw in the towel and transformed his company into a muted caretaker government.

Having Western equipment doesn’t make you a Western military or country, you dumb nigger, there’s more to it than that.

Weak willed faggots wish daddy government made their decisions for them, go figure.

by that logic Saudi Arabia is a Western country too, you inbred mongoloid

>there’s more to it than that.
Yeah, like a dark skin and dried glans

Attached: 1513692549684.png (712x434, 19K)

What the fuck is the definition of a western country, retard?

Is it difficult to immigrate to Finland as a westerner with University education? Or even just to get permanent residency? Do you have to be a Finnish citizen to join the FDF? Thanks

Attached: 125243.png (819x569, 179K)

It didn't collapse, the prime minister disbanded it because we are having an election in a week and he wants to blame opposition for all his mistakes.

No, no, yes.

dubs of truth

what does conscripted mean?

anything east of usa isnt "the west" anymore

You brainlets do know that parliament, cabinet and the government aren't the same thing right? Disbanding the parliament is much more serious situation rather than cabinet just dissolving itself in the last minute before elections. Disbanding hasn't really happened since 1975.

>still using 7.62
>for no reason

Nobody near you uses it anymore, might as well transition to 6.5 Grendel for same capacity but 3x the lethal range or a 5.45 round for extra capacity+meme ap pen.

They are letting niggers and muslims in as we speak without immediately violent uprising and lynching of traitors.

Its just time at this point.

Freedom. Something your western nation lacks.

>boy scouts but for adults
Old Boy Scouts for adults. Nu Scouts a shit.

>Its just time at this point.

Attached: realdoomer.jpg (1200x1200, 249K)

Rifle caliber does not matter as long as the artillery man has a rifle.

Attached: table40.png (1334x916, 104K)

Or north/south

You work with everyone like that, in the Infantry.

Thats a solid 30% of the deaths caused. And 25% wounded. Not to mention lethal distance is also suppression distance, meaning the Finns are rocking a caliber that if fucking useless at 300meters and beyond.

>god tier lapua 7.62 ammo
>useless at 300meters and beyond
>suppression distance
nigga what

there's the "7.62 works well in the woods" meme which is probably true and also who wants to pay all that money to replace the guns? it works.

also russia is going back to 7.62 in some capacity because 5.45 is a cuck round

The eternal Americänische strikes again.
>just no

Attached: Lacreatura.jpg (1920x1200, 293K)

youtube.com/watch?v=upP-QNtrlqU

>Finland
>Western
I bet you think all the post-soviet states are western, too, don't you buddy?

Attached: vladgiggle.jpg (750x445, 46K)

>Finland
>post-soviet state

>get conscripted in funland
>get put in the military police unit
>urban operating and standing guard at the presidential palace all day every day
yeah it's pretty comfy [spoiler]it's uncomfy 51% of the time[/spoiler]

Attached: 1536206531501.png (760x778, 92K)

>post-soviet state
Yes, finland is truly eastern. Even though it has western GDP, life expectancy, infrastructure, health care standards, literacy rate, and dozen other things that makes it completely different from a country like Russia.
But no, they use an AK derivative which makes them an commieblock snownigger slav country.

>literally getting free training on driving tanks, operating artillery guns, firing MANPADs/AT missiles, etc
The average conscript has more experience with a wider range of military hardware than you and your AR-15.

Also, conscript armies are mostly used for defence and deterrence and are not sent into shitholes because their governments have a political agenda to fulfill in that shithole.

Fools. YWN got conscripted in SINGAPORE, THE BEST ARMY IN ASIA and got personal Filipino slave maid (Provided by SINGAPORE government) to do your menial duty like cleaning, cooking or wipe your SINGAPORE arse after pooping.

Attached: DSC01300 (Large).jpg (607x1080, 94K)

7.62 is fine.

This
He didn't call Finland post soviet, he asked if you think post-soviet states are western as well as Finland. Learn2English gud.
>they aren't a broken shit-hole therefore they can't be eastern
>they use an AK derivative which makes them an commieblock snownigger slav country
No you retard, their geographical position as well as history/culture make them eastern. Finland has spent their entire existence essentially being non-aligned with the west until recently. Even then some exercises with the USMC doesn't make them Western, unless you think Turkey is also "the West".

Fucking brainlets shitting up my board.

>Finland has spent their entire existence essentially being non-aligned with the west until recently.
Nigger what? What do you consider the west?

Jesus christ you're brain damaged. What century do you live in?

ah yes, there's nothing comfier than being forced to risk your life

>A wider range of military hardware
Of which what are they taking home and going to be using for the rest of their life? A year of driving MREs and boxes of ammo around in a deuce and a half or APC is pretty useless in the grand scheme of things. I've paid for more years of training than conscription offers, and all of my gear and firearms belong to me.

Have you ever even met an 18 year old?

Desu its not hard to immigrate and serve either

>A year of driving MREs and boxes of ammo around in a deuce and a half or APC is pretty useless
That's actually one of the best choices for conscription. You get free truck-licence (~4000€ normally), ADR-gargo certification (bitch to get in civil market), trade-school diploma for transportation and a driver is entitled to 8 hours of undisturbed sleep every night during service.

On top of that you get to play with full range of military hardware including APCs, exlosives and all sorts of guns.

On top of that some of the training received converts directly into university credit, shortening the time it takes to get higher degree.

>western army
if you mean REGULAR army then no its just wasted time
if you mean a conscript but serving under SF still its a waste of time but lett cause you probably gonna get fit
if you mean a mercenery like FL that you basicly are guaranteed to see action at least once then yes
if you enlist in u.s military that they treat you like a b class civilian then no

>tfw want back every day for the rest of your life

Ftfy

The one significant thing about the military compared to shooting guns in your free time is the whole experience of being a part of a unit - having to coordinate with others and doing what's ordered without question. It requires some discipline to deal with that IMO.
It may not be shocking if you're used to that kind of work, but it's a refreshing experience if you've never had to move out of your city dwelling civilian comfort zone.
The thing that makes conscription sound appealing is the short service time and lack of any real commitment required while still providing a lot of useful experience. And that's exactly why it is pretty cool, even though you're forced into it.

There's conscripts and conscripts. Back when most people had to serve - a couple of decades ago - it was a bit of an ordeal in some ways. Sort of like high school in uniform; even the dregs have to come along. Now only the most fit and most motivated can even get in it's an entirely different kind of environment.

Isn't also a huge reason why the FDF continues to use 7.62 because they bought cheaply 100,000s of chinese and east german AK's for SHTF back in the early 90s?

>more years of training than conscription offers
Even squad/section fire movement?

>it was a bit of an ordeal in some ways. Sort of like high school in uniform; even the dregs have to come along.
Note that in countries that does conscription its common to have the few years of conscription as a rite of passage of sorts.

No. Those guns came with their own ammo and RK deserves only the best Lapua ammo.
>2. Reasons
1. We have shitloads of 7.62 stored and replacing that will cost about the same as 100 F35s (not including guns). I shot ammo made in 65-68 during my service (2012) so we have stores of it for next century even without new production.
>Ran out of ammo during winter war. Never again shall we run out of DAKKA!

2. 7.62x39 is good enough. It penetrates shrubbery well and doesn't deviate much when compared to 5.56 or 5.45 and 400m effective range is well beyond expected combat distances of sub 200m so adopting something longer ranged is not beneficial.

It was like that here too, back when 3 out of 4 men had served. Pretty hefty boost in maturity level for many. Certainly was for me; I'd never lived anywhere but with my parents until then. Now just 1 in 7 serve and it's for the strong and few.

>get drafted half voluntarily
>end up in room with 3 people, one of whom ignores me and the other two straight out hate me
>they quickly become friends and spend their time insulting me for anything they feel like
>spend three months with these shitheads
>the training and education was actually quite fun, the 'free time' not so much
>basic ends, get to another unit
>get new, less shitty comerads
>one month of training and then nothing
>at this point we had lost all initiative to do things by ourselves (thanks basic training!)
>we literally wait until it's time for the next meal and get into a bus and go eat and come back to wait
>at some point start jogging alone because others prefer to play cards or playstation for literal months
>get out as quickly as possible and memorize the sentence
>"don't sugar coat this experience, remember how fucking bad it was"

Every time i see a new commercial advertising military service i puke a bit into my mouth.

Attached: franku srs.png (251x252, 87K)

I'm sorry for you. Our free time was great. Lots of card playing and socializing. Some were content with that. I took a whole bunch of free evening classes including a fork driver license, went jogging, played soccer and saw movies in the movie theater. Busiest year of my life, and maybe the most social one. No, not everyone in the platoon were nice people, but some were great. Just like on any school. Passivity is an option but you don't have to choose it.

I'd let my kids have a mouse as a pet, as some can be domesticated and friendly. If my house were to have a mouse infestation, with them stealing food, shitting in the cabinets, biting my family, and breeding out of control, then we have a problem.

Forcibly pressed into military service. Volunteering is called “enlisting”. And sucking fat cock for cash and good boy points is called “comissioning”

You're right, a commercial driver's license or similar trade skill would undoubtedly be the most useful thing you could pick up from conscription, because it would help you get a better job in the civilian field.

But there is no demand for a civilian tank or APC driver, and after you've got to load and shoot a tank for 6 months, you turn it in and that's it. You had one or two good memories, but all you really did was drive around your country a couple times and blow up wooden targets. You never drive or shoot a tank again. What little time you racked in with your issued impersonal firearm equates to nothing more than a poorfag renting the same gun at the local gun range week after week. The tank wasn't yours, the gun wasn't yours, it's all borrowed and impersonal.

Meanwhile I still have and use the guns I bought 5 years ago and have been training with them religiously since. It's integrated as part of my life not a year-long passing fancy.

You can go to Thailand or Belarus or Transnistria and buy all the RPG launches and explosive detonations you want if you spent your prime years building equity instead of wearing out your body for a largely throwaway impersonal experience.

But it isn't for everyone. Fortunately we need people to clean rest areas on the side of high ways and man fast food restaurants.

Attached: G0012358.jpg (4000x3000, 2.85M)

Imagine thinking that your government owning you is a good thing.

>You never drive or shoot a tank again
Thats why conscripts become reservists at the end of their service.

They get called back to drive and shoot a tank. The idiots that you had as sectionmates come back as well, you get some training to remember your drills, and then you get back to being somewhat competent at your role, even if you're slightly slower and less precise than you used to be. Some skills never go away though.
See: rifle marksmanship

Yes, by years of training I don't mean years of standing still at the same range. Look into things like One Shepherd and NTOA, you would be amazed at the resources available to civilians. The government's military will never care for your personal training like an organization you are paying. Capitalism really is the ultimate redpill.

>That's why conscripts sign up for the occasional weekend government-sponsored tank driving event

Yeah man, there's nothing more I love than putting up with government bureaucratic bullshit and limited liberties for years just so I can shoot a 120mm shell 50 times.

Why so salty? I can practically taste it.

Because conscription is dumb and you should realize that. If you're going to go into the military, go into the military. Don't do half-assed civilian pseudo-military and think it's just as much benefit of both worlds when it's hardly half of each.

This.

>Meanwhile I still have and use the guns I bought 5 years ago and have been training with them religiously since. It's integrated as part of my life not a year-long passing fancy.

Attached: CyFyMRL[1].jpg (800x1199, 271K)

>Meanwhile I still have and use the guns I bought 5 years ago and have been training with them religiously since.
Finland has one of the highest registered* guns per 1000 people and many reservist own a civilian copy of their service rifle or some other AK-variant. Nothing stops you practicing after or before being conscripted, if you want competition the reservist action shooting scene resembles 2-gun action matches very closely.
>*There are estimated to be 30% to 50% unregistered (illegal) guns compared to registered ones thanks to open borders with east Europe and limited screening of Russian traffic until recently

>You can go to Thailand or Belarus or Transnistria and buy all the RPG launches and explosive detonations you want if you spent your prime years building equity
Firing RPG and couple mags of 7.62 cost about the same as camel ride or ATV expedition.. you don't need to spend your prime years working like a slave to afford 6-10K vacation every other year. My squad mates had jobs lined up after they finished the service and none of them went to low paying jobs (chemist, truck drivers, gourmet chef, firefighter, architect to name a few), I already had my own company bringing in enough cash to hire people to do my work for me by the time I got conscripted so I treated it as paid vacation.
>wearing out your body for a largely throwaway impersonal experience
I wouldn't trade it for anything and would pay to mountain of cash to experience it again. 6 months or year of being CO doesn't really wear out your body and if it does government will pay generous compensation for it. US "light" infantry is retarded meme that no civilized nation should emulate.

>We need people to clean rest areas on the side of high ways and man fast food restaurants.
Yeah those jobs are for uni-students and immigrants.

A free and just state is defended by its citizen-soldiers, as the citizens are the font of its legitimacy and power, not some hired killers.

>There isnt anything comfier than getting forced to do something by the government

>A free and just state is defended by its citizen-soldiers
>Conscription: compulsory enlistment for state service, typically into the armed forces.

The fucking mental gymnastics of this thread.

My point is that you're oddly resentful about conscription as an American - a country too socially fractured to ever have conscription (not to mention it's rich enough to not require it to begin with).
It's not like you're at risk of having to do it yourself, so I wonder why you're so salty about the whole idea. "muh real military" and whatnot. Do you feel like it hurts your legitimacy as a civilian LARPer running around in his XXL plate carrier and AR-15, or what?

>compulsory
Not in Finland. If you dont want to do it then theres nothing stopping you from not doing it

You're thinking like the subject of an empire, not the citizen of a free state. Of course you would resent being told what to do by your masters. You are after all, their subject, and if you or your fellow subjects don't like it, they have an army of hired killers to enforce their will. Such is not the case in a free state. In a free state of citizen-soldiers, the government governs at the pleasure of its masters, the citizens. If the government doesn't like it, there is an army of citizen-soldiers to enforce the will of the citizens.

Not in Norway either. All you need to say to get out is that you are less than 100% motivated, and they will open the door for you on your way out.

>If y ou don't want to do it then there's nothing stopping you
>Conscription

>All you need to say to get out is that you are less than 100% motivated
>Conscription

>Free State
>Free State
>Citizen-Soldier
>Citizen-Soldier
>Conscription

InigoMontoya.jpg

Finland was literally a part of Sweden for six hundred years. They are protestants, not orthodox.

What country?

>without having to sell your soul to the jews
t. American
>and work with IQ 10 mongoloids
Real idiots usually fail the mandatory IQ tests and doesnt even get to do conscription
>and literal prisoners
Felons are banned from military service in allmost all western nations
>for 2-4 years.
In most nations its 6 - 9 months.

>If y ou don't want to do it then there's nothing stopping you
>Conscription
Yes, it is.

>Owned by the state
>Comfy

Attached: tgtdn6iahl6z.jpg (799x1194, 107K)

ITT a bunch of retarded spurdos confuse voluntary service with conscription

If conscription is supported by the vast majority in a functioning multi-party democracy, what's the issue?

>inb4 muh freedum

Well, we all can't be so lucky with our geography, it's conscription or Russians. Alternatively we could just have the American tax payer pay for our protection as most of Europe does it.

And, most importantly, all mice must die at that point.

It's like all the good parts of Starship Troopers