What does /k think about pistols that cant fire without their magazines inserted

What does /k think about pistols that cant fire without their magazines inserted

Attached: D29A817F-B046-498D-9683-0BD8AB59C94B.jpg (385x385, 16K)

I don't.

Literally no one wants it.

This isn't even worth a thread. You should delete it.

This. I dont think about pistols that aren't glocks tbqh.

Youre not worth the air you breathe

You should kill yourself

Absolutely childish.

>kicks the grenade out of your hand

I never considered it one way or another. I don't see how it affects the usability of the gun 99.9% of the time.

why? no really can you explain to me why I feel like Im missing something here? No gun can fire without a mag, unless you mean you cant even load it through the ejector. If you do that brings me back to the original question, why? It's such a useless tool that adds next to nothing.

It’s called a magazine disconnect safety.

magazine disconnects, it's a thing
round in the chamber, pull the mag out, trigger doesn't work

Are you really this retarded?
Read the OP.

I can fire all my guns without their magazines in. Let alone pull the trigger.

Some guns that when they do not have a magazine inserted, they will not fire.

Some can pull the trigger, but all of them the pin will not strike a primer

Wow, I didn’t know my subconscious posted on Jow Forums

no shit faggot I know you can fire a standard gun without a magazine I specifically said "unless you mean you cant even load it through the ejector." to make the point that its possible. I didnt know what a diconnect safety was.

It's to help people who are intellectually incapable of safely handling firearms to avoid shooting themselves.

It will, retard.

Attached: 45C45154-D492-4ECF-A22C-6D20CEB1D986.png (750x1334, 1.43M)

yeah but those guns exist (retard)
the Browning Hi-Power has one although it's easy to remove and improves the trigger if you do apparently

if you cant safely handle a firearm it shouldnt be in your hands in the first place

>unless you mean you cant even load it through the ejector
You don't know what an ejector is, either. Fucking noguns faggot retard.

I'm not disagreeing with that, just explaining why this 'feature' exists.

Ruger makes some gun that doesnt, who knows or cares which model ot actually that is, its irrelevdnt nigger

Ruger isn't the only company that makes handguns with magazine disconnects.

Why are you spouting off more irrelevant shit man?

We have already established browing does too.

The first thing I do when I buy one is disable the magazine disconnect

I think they make some so you cant disable them

But i dunno for sure

Someone different, user.
Having a hard time what you're trying to say here.

Dumb.
And don't put based Hi Power-chan in this category, no one who loves the BHP or takes it seriously leaves the mag disconnect installed.

Im not even going to waste my time

Can someone explain to me as a brainless faggot (or so I think) why a magazine disconnect was even invented? Is it just a military quirk for brainlet grunts to not shoot themselves?

Browning is the name of the designer, the Hi-Power is made by FN

You clearly already have.
Nevertheless, OP or not, the central point of OP was, "What's your opinion on magazine disconnects?"
I'd have to say I am not fond of the idea because I honestly think it's just going to encourage poor habits for clearing a handgun. With a magazine disconnect, making the firearm safe is just a matter of removing the magazine. Which I'm sure is simple and efficient for the range is nevertheless a bad habit and you should always clear the chamber regardless, particularly since if you ever handle someone else's gun, you don't know for sure if they have a magazine disconnect or not and if they don't, you could potentially leave it in a condition where it's ready to be fired while thinking you rendered it safe because you've done so out of habit with your own handgun.
If you think you can maintain that habit even with a magazine disconnect, more power to you. But I think that extra layer of redundancy isn't a substitute for what should be an obvious technique that should be second nature.

>can't disable them
you mean
>can't disable them without voiding the warranty
it's old fag bullshit, yes

Playing the devil's advocate the reasons for putting magazine disconnects were, according to people who are in favor of them -
-Extra layer of redundant safety
-To be able to render a gun inoperable with the push of a button in case it's being wrested from your grip.
-Several police districts for the above stated reason(s) have insisted on it being a requirement.

Can't say I agree with them, but those are the reasons I've seen given.

Kept my retarded friend from having an ND

>Literally no one wants it.
Why are you such a cry baby? Those kind of """safeties""" are just an useless part wating to fail at some point.

ok

People have a tendency to assume a gun is unloaded if it doesn't have a magazine in it. It's a common reason for negligent discharges.

It's pretty dumb for pistols that aren't going to be handled by retarded boots.

It makes absolute sense if you are a Sargent looking to make sure your boots have made safe. Same reason a lot of safeties where placed where you couldn't quickly reach it, but was very visible.

So it IS for retards.

Attached: 1553340241237.jpg (640x640, 59K)

Fagazine disconnects are for retards. If it can't be removed the gun isn't getting purchased. Fortunately in the SR's it was a little spring and plastic bit that popped out in 15 seconds.

>voiding the warranty
not an actual thing, especially with Rugers.

Fuck me I love voiding warranty

Only like them cause I got a Smith and Wesson 5904 for free cause dude thought it was broke.
Other than that I haven't shot it enough to have an opinion.

I literally don't think about it. I can't think of a handgun I would choose to carry for actually shooting people that would have it.

If the gun has a live round in the chamber. I want the gun to fire.

I didn't even know that was a thing until I got a Ruger 22/45, then I realized it's fucking retarded.

I took it out right away and it significantly improved the trigger and now it can be disassembled without sticking the mag in it. Putting a mag in a gun so you can pull the trigger to take it apart seems dumb as hell.

The odds of you needing to shoot without a mag to begin with is slime too none tbfh, I never really understood the complaint as much considering the only legitimate reason you would want to shoot without a mag would be to test out the trigger even though your not supposed to dry fire to begin with

It’s a safety percausion to retards who think it’s clear and discharge a round.

>even though your not supposed to dry fire to begin with
There are a limited number of guns where this is true, lots of guns can be dry fired and it's good practice.

new dick who dis