Redpill me about the Welrod

pls

Attached: HPIM0965.jpg (569x280, 13K)

shaped like a nightstick but its less effective

A specific tool, for a specific job that was cheap to produce and did it well enough

I would like a bolt action 9mm pistol.

Or even rifle for suppression. And not the Novem 9 that is apparently vaporware.

Pls.

>be french resistance fighter
>see nazi soldier by himself
>shoot nazi soldier in the head from behind
>no one hears because incredibly quiet
>now you have an mp44 or whatever he had

we need to redpill you on sodomy for posting such a gay ass thread

I learned today the baffle system is still classified apparently

>*psh*
>(whispering) nothin personel kid

I thought it used wipes.

Attached: gallery-1465418835-cutaway.jpg (480x215, 14K)

It's not exactly the same, but the B&T VP9 is a fairly close modern version made for veterinarians.

I would consider it the same. CLose enough. Probably less different to a welrod than a modern AR15 is to a 1960s model.

I remember my grandfather telling me the allies airdropped one into the death camp he was imprisoned in its how he managed to escape during the holocaust
it was completely silent quieter than his breathing so he could snipe guards while they were outside smoking cigarettes
you could also scavenge ammo for it since it had an open chamber all you had to do was file down the casing on whatever ammo you found
it wasnt until he got to the next country that the nazis realized any of the guards were dead. all thanks to that gun. hell of an invention

Bull fucking shit. A suppressed gun is never completely silent. Not even the welrod. You're going to get a reduction of maybe 20dbs from that if you use subsonic ammo.

She cute

Attached: 1554315671756.jpg (1228x868, 103K)

>falling for bait

I'm tired and need to study español. Sorry.

Looks like a fucking baton from the thumbnail

Yeah its insanely expensive though. For what it is. And its supressor is defendant on wipes. Not that I have a problem with wipes specifically, but making new ones instead of being able to buy a bag of them sounds annoying.

Without the supressor the vp9 should cost a few hundred tops. But its insanely expensive and perhaps vaporware( in the us at least).

If I could buy the pistol for 500 bucks and put my rugged obsidian on it I would be happy as a pig in shit. No dice though.

Brits made the De Lisle. Basically a bolt action .45 PCC with an integral suppressor

Attached: 6544343242.jpg (800x450, 61K)

yeah the holocaust definitely happened lmao

Attached: 3D3F9117-40BF-4C43-A2B8-0F3B704C2796.jpg (631x631, 59K)

LOL

Man of culture here

Dorkiest gun in the world.

dildo gun

Attached: 1551414082471.jpg (540x720, 55K)

That's nonsense. I own a book, published in England shortly after WWII that discusses the history of the BSA war effort. This book shows clear photos of the inside of a Welrod. So do many modern books. Not to mention the fact that genuine welrods are in the hands of collectors who can and do take them apart.

It's a 3-part system.
Shortly ahead of the chamber there are a series of holes in the barrel which bleed off pressure, much like a MP5SD. Then it has a series of baffles and wipes.

Correct.

Currently the VP9 is not available in the US--I know because I've been trying for years to get one. The way it is packaged with the wipes complicates its import under US law. However, I have been told by B&T earlier this year that they are in the process of redesigning it to comply with US law.

In case anyone cares, the book in question is called "The Other Battle" and was published in 1946.

Perhaps this snuck past the censors and was published by accident? I'm not sure.

>classified
we can literally buy them. rubber rings aren't a secret technology.
there's a fucking picture of it right there. there are reproductions.

I'm curious why this thing wasn't made in .45.

45 is naturally subsonic, so that makes a hell of a lot more sense than using 9mm, which is only subsonic with special ammo. It would also simplify the build of the weapon because there would be no need for the barrel ports to bleed off pressure to ensure subsonic velocity.

bretty gud in medal of honor rising sun

It's really fucking quiet, and also cheap.
Great for resistance fighters and sneaky boiis alike.
Not so great for conventional warfare though. Ballistics aren't great and it can only have one round in it.
Suppressing effect is a bit reduced after the first shot, but still very quiet.

Probably because the germans used 9mm for their submachine guns and most pistols and there would be no shortage of available ammo.

I actually can't seem to find any widely used german weapon chambered in .45 during ww2.

it's magazine fed bolt action

The welrod was in 32.acp not 9mm.
Nothing to do with shortage of ammo or not.

And? It's still classified in the UK.

Did you think there would be something UK related that didn't require a license?

Did your grandfather also got shoah'ed 6 billion times and turned into a lampshade?

Attached: 1507395189285.png (509x480, 472K)

The first gen was 9mm, but I get what you're saying.

I mean, several german pistols in service were in .32, but that's literally all I can think of regarding the choice of ammo, except maybe Webley revolvers?

Correction, I'm sorry. Webley 1911 was .32, revolvers were not.

Then why was the Commando De Lise in .45?
The real reason for the Welrod being in 9mm was because OSS had no idea how guns worked.

>The welrod was in 32.acp not 9mm.
They made both of those calibers.

And again, the same logic as to why 45 is superior to 9 for a silent weapon applies to .32 ACP as well. .32 ACP is also supersonic by default.

>because OSS had no idea how guns worked.
they clearly knew that they had to make the projectile subsonic, otherwise they wouldn't have bothered to drill the vent ports in the barrel needed to bleed gas to get subsonic velocity.

yes it did fucking happen my grandfather has the scars from the gas to prove it

Her thigh gap is glorious

They also ordered glove guns and were behind the Liberator project.
OSS simply wrote requests for weapons, rather than designing them. Leading to shortcomings like 9mm Welrod do to a lack of oversight from the Ordnance department.

For the first several rounds the rubber tubing in its silencer will make it quiet enough to shoot someone and have people in the next room be none the wiser.

The welrod was designed by BSA in England, under supervision of the SOE. It had nothing to do with the Sedgely or the Liberator.

Do you not understand what classified means?

>It's still classified in the UK.
Nope, see

>They also ordered glove guns
I thought that was a US Navy thing and had nothing to do with the Brits?

Attached: 1511030144687.jpg (229x343, 14K)

It definitely happened. My grandfather died at Auschwitz, he fell out of a guard tower.

HAHA GOT EM

>shoot at Nazi soldier in the middle of the night
>miss because it’s fucking dark as shit
>he turns to me as I chamber another round
>see my sights in the reflection of his beautiful baby blue eyes
>eliminate him

Nagant is a better suppressed sidearm

Attached: 774a7de79ae525a6065e16be16dbd0eb.jpg (640x367, 16K)

Show em

Depends on the art style.
Overall 7.8/10

and this is the improved successor

Attached: The-Solo-300-1-700.jpg (700x525, 186K)

Attached: 1549662649183.gif (190x200, 2.56M)

Unironically want, looks like the tacticool USP with the iconic light/laser on if you don't look too closely

If that were an integrally suppressed barrel it would be perfect

The Holocaust being real was the most believable part of that story.

That's a hilariously low bar, shit

bump

"veterinarians"