37mm Launchers

What are some of the applications of 37mm "Signaling Devices", the legality of them, and ways to legally acquire explosive or lethal ammunition?

Attached: 7a1f875942ef66a031abfc633ce34402.jpg (331x292, 8K)

yes, make them on your own.or better yet, buy a 37mm, then a 40mm conversion kit oline.

not today mr ATF

OP here, not a dog capper, I just want a grenade launcher for shits and giggles without jumping through all the hoops

make your own

the 4th of July

Is that actually legal?

>caring about legality
Lmaoing@u

Yes. Why wouldn't it be?

If you have to ask then you probably aren't smart enough to do it.

Why is 37mm not a dd but 40mm is? What are chances of jail if I make my own 40mm?

Sure, you have to pay a DD stamp for each and every round. I was piqued at a beehive 37, but the above rules still apply.

37 is for signalling/gas gun use and not a weapon.
The second you possess an anti- personnel round though your 37mm becomes a DD.

Wtf?
I don’t understand the difference. The 40mm can also be used for signals and smoke and there are explosive rounds in 37mm. And why does, say a tear gas round, make 37mm a dd even if it’s anti personal when shotguns are fine and they’re technically dds and they fire actual lethal projectiles? Seems like a bunch of arbitrary unconstitutional bullshit just waiting to be challenged in court. Sounds like they don’t want civies to have cheaper more common 40mm grenades.

Becuse fuck you lol.

we have these at work (prison) and they can launch tear gas.
Of course tear gas is strangely a "destructive device" but if you can find a class 3 dealer and get the right paperwork (in the right state too) then they are completely legal.
Otherwise it is no different than any other flair gun.

this

40mm was always a weapon. Dates back the St. Petersburg Declaration.
There are no grenades made in NA for for the 37mm and pretty much all the AP ammo is less lethal. Gas rounds are not for use against a specific person but instead used for area denial.
Since the main use of the 37 is not as a weapon it is not considered one so exempt from the NFA. Shotguns are mostly exempt sue to sporting purposes.
Rather than complain or bitch you should read the laws and do research. Try Grog's forum.

It's 2019, my dude. Do what you're going to do, and make sure to practice safe secs. What the atf doesn't know, won't hurt your dog.

Attached: 1523922281194.jpg (601x717, 110K)

how exactly do you expect a 37-40 mm conversion kit to work?
there isnt just a spacer to drop in

Wait, does a beehive round count as a DD? Or what the fuck do they consider it? And if it counts as a DD, in what fucking way is it any different than a damn shotgun?

>
>Wtf?
>Seems like a bunch of arbitrary unconstitutional bullshit just waiting to be challenged in court.

You did it! You broke down the ATF rules down to it's bare essentials!

Beehive round itself is not a DD.
Loading any kind of lethal ammo in a firearm whose bore is larger than .50 inches constitutes a DD, except the list of "Sporting exemptions". This includes shotgun shells and antique big-bore hunting cartridges like the .600 Nitro Express.

It's totally legal to fire smoke, flares, or noisemakers from a 37mm launcher. It is illegal to put potentially lethal ammo in it unless you register it as a DD first.

The ammunition would not be considered a DD, except in the case of grenades which contain more than 1/4 oz of explosive. 37 or 40mm buckshot rounds are not DDs. Neither are the training grenades with the chalk blast (those do explode, but have less than 1/4 oz explosive).

you could get a piece of 37mm id pipe, a pipe to accommodate it with a endcap and make a slam bang pretty easily and legally. a ww2 surplus 37mm flare pistol would run $100-200 on ebay.

if you wanted legal explosive rounds you'd need to register it as a destructive device and pay a $200 tax on each explosive round you made. alternatively you could get a 37mm-26.5mm adapter for it, then rifled 26.5mm to whatever sub .50 caliber you want that they make (lots) at that point it would be a title one firearm. or you could just buy the flares and fireworks most people shoot out of them.

i'm not sure that's the case, you can buy sub caliber inserts to shoot bullets out of 26.5mm flare guns, and a beehive is just a volley gun. why would 37mm flare guns not be legal to shoot .22 from when 26.5mm flare guns are?

Attached: flareguninsert_lg.jpg (512x512, 20K)