I've got my heart dead set on buying a Scar

I've got my heart dead set on buying a Scar.
I want it for home defense.
I'm going to put a suppressor on the end.

Any suggestions on where to buy it to save money?
I think I'm going to go with the 7.62 variant.
Any thoughts, Jow Forums?
>inb4 buy a cheaper AR-15!
I like the Scar platform a lot.
>Inb4 just get an AK!
But I want a scar.

Any thoughts?

Attached: SmugglingNintendoImports.jpg (720x960, 95K)

>I want it for home defense.
>I'm going to put a suppressor on the end.
>I think I'm going to go with the 7.62 variant.
They're some of the best rifles on the market, and you're free to do whatever the hell you want with your own money, but it really doesn't sound like you've thought this through terribly well.

TERRIBLE bait tbhfamilio

>giant-ass rifle
>home defense
pick only one, retard!

>posts airsoft
>7.62 for HD
Where to buy? Use google.

>any thoughts
Jesus christ too many to fucking list

>7.62 variant
You do know they only come in 308 right?
>i like the scar
Have fun with your shitty polymer lower rifle, with an even shittier polymer fire select.
>home defence
What kind of fucking retard buys a goddamn 308 for home defense? Youll kill your neighbor with that shit
>I want it cheap
Better start saving up faggot

7.62NATO?
Good choice, son
My m14 has never let me down
I need something that uses a round that will KILL, not wound

--------------------------------------------------------
Detroit_Metal_Head_69 on woodworkingforum.com
MOPAR or no car
m14>m16
69 Dodge Charger Daytona
To forgive the terrorists is up to God, to send them to Him is up to me.
9/11, never forget
COME AND TAKE IT
America, don't like it? Then LEAVE

Attached: BOOM14.jpg (1102x349, 54K)

I've thought about it a lot.
I'm just REALLY set on the Scar. It's such an iconic gun. I like that it's ambi as well.
I'd considered getting the smaller female variant, , But I'm a little worried It might be too small for me.

I'd also like for my bullets to plow through my walls and furniture into the neighbor's house so they call the police FOR ME in the event of a home invasion.
Two birds with one stone!
Whaddya think?

good god it's indistinguishable from the real thing...

Attached: omg.gif (318x242, 1001K)

7.62 hunting rounds expand pretty well, they'll still punch through a body and the wall behind it, but assuming user lives by himself and not in apartments that probably wont be a problem. by the time it would reach far enough to hit neighbors. however, thats unlikely. b8 thread.

also REEEEE SCAR 16 IS 5.56 REEEEEEE

Honest to god it's not intentional bait.
I want to get the Scar17 because of the ability to perfectly slide a GBAdvance SP in it and that's super cozy.

I'm sure the 5.56 and maybe even a different gun is the smarter choice, But damnit, I'll grind and take overtime for my raifu.

gun.deals is a pretty decent search site.
I just looked and there's a new black 17s going for $2876.
You can also search gunbroker. If you're diligent enough sometimes you can find a really good deal there but beware most of it is priced high.
Also note, FDE ones always go for more.

Nice. I perfer them in babykiller black.

I appreciate your input, dude.

Is getting a suppressor USUALLY as simple as sending the gov't a check and waiting?
Does the gun store usually help me with that?

>I've got my heart dead set on buying a Scar.
>Any suggestions on where to buy it to save money?
You are too poor to afford a SCAR if you don't have the disposable income to buy it on a whim.

Checked.
Absolutely amazing point.
I've got one thing I'm willing to waste, And that's time.

Depends on where you live. If you live in an apartment a .308 might ventilate your neighbor. Check your local gun stoars and camp things like gunbroker for a good deal. However if you're poor the most important thing to do is to be able to afford training with the gun.

Attached: 1477778197251.jpg (720x700, 96K)

Sensible suggestions. But I've never even heard of that.
Or thought of that.
"Training with a gun"?
No meme, But like, There's plenty of stuff online I could google.
Why should I pay some fat bearded 60 y/o to talk to me when I could watch a video on it instead?

You have the right to choose a SCAR for HD, but it's a dumb idea unless you live alone with no around in a 2 mile radius.

I would have already purchased one myself, but the shape of the stock and the giant hinge really put me off. I would much rather have something that was fully telescoping.

Most people I know set up a trust for NFA items which is initially a little more involved. You can look up what's involved and find someone to set it up for you but a few stores like Silencer Shop can help set up one for you as well.

Well you don't have to pay someone to teach you. It's just that often times newguns buy a gun and never really shoot it because it costs too much for ammo.

7.62NATO is expensive, good training programs are available.

Both are important. Considering the fact that you intend on using a Scar 17 for HD I’m gonna assume you don’t have a ton of firearms experience, so it’s even more important.

Looking up guitar tutorials doesn’t make you Eric Clapton, you need to practice too.

>You do know they only come in 308 right?
>SCAR
????????

not OP but are saying i shouldnt buy that 18" barrel AR for home defense?

I'll have to look up what that means. I'm lost. But I won't have you spoonfeed me. Thanks though!

Fuck you, Retard, Gun timbs ride or die.
I get that though.

The absolute state of this lad

user if you intend on using a battle rifle with an 16in barrel+ 6-8in suppressor, for home defense then you’re retarded and need to do more research.

You’d be better off with a fucking hi-point.

Did I say "Home defense"? Shit, My bad.
I meant Homeland defense.

Attached: CalArts_Hitler.jpg (428x563, 35K)

I really like where you're going with this. Save up your allowance for a really long time, maybe work a paper route, and you're on your way to SCAR-dom in no time. Just kidding. By the time you can afford to buy one they'll be banned by name in AWB 2.0.

holy shit lmao

Please dont OP, it's way too huge for that, and your neighbors won't appreciate it especially if you miss. I love mine to death but I'm still going to pickup the fnx first in a HD situation.

Attached: IMG_20190326_195120.jpg (4032x3024, 2.95M)

>Why should I pay some fat bearded 60 y/o to talk to me when I could watch a video on it instead?

Please point out who can teach moving around structures, working angles and shapes with a firearm, preferably up against other people using simunitions.

Please point out who can teach vehicle based CQB tactics and principles, both instructors going over the minutae of various techniques then letting you try them and having your performance evaluated real time. No shit, any monkey can learn how to zero their rifle, mitigate recoil, shoot with their non dominant side, or do a fast reload by watching some people on the internet or reading an article. Then there’s other shit that you simply cannot learn behind your computer screen.

But if I haven’t caught on, show me a book because that sounds fucking awesome.

Attached: 26A178F1-00CF-4185-8F8A-9EDE246EC44A.jpg (1080x675, 220K)

Why are you taking this literal 12 year old seriously? Again, by the time the kid can legally buy guns he won't be able to buy semis. *siiiip*

If you want it then just get it bro. Suck it up and pay the sticker price. You might have to put the suppressor on the back burner for a minute but that's fine if you don't currently have the funds. Just make sure you keep electronic earpro next to the gun if you plan on using it for a bump in the night lol.

I've had mine for a few years now and absolutely love it but I do have to agree with I'd grab my meme23 before my Scar for HD (situation dependent). However, if you're only going to have one gun and you're set on the Big Plastic then I promise you won't be disappointed.

>Any suggestions on where to buy it to save money?
Buying a SCAR isn't about saving money.

Build a .300 blk AR pistol or SBR if you want something more effective for less money.