Is the ar really the princess of the rifle world...

Is the ar really the princess of the rifle world? Ive heard people say you cant use them in bad weather or when they are dirty, is that true?

Attached: 7abu3oe3rbvy.jpg (3264x2448, 880K)

Other urls found in this thread:

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU
vimeo.com/274000171
youtube.com/watch?v=EwSJiAwoMpY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Not bait Im just a young no guns and I would like to know

No. Who the fuck told you that retarded crock of horse shit

friends at school and my brother :/

It's a closed system that is highly reliable.

Think of it like this, who knows more about guns, your friends/brother, or every SOF unit in the western hemisphere that uses AR15s/AR15 clones almost exclusively?

Attached: armedpolice.jpg (1200x630, 91K)

Tell your brother and friends theyre fucking stupid. Hold on.

i'd say bolt actions are

Are you under 18? If so, I advise you don’t post and just lurk or pretend you’re 18+. Mods don’t like kids and they’ll ban you. Cheers to the next generation of fun owners tho.

Ask your faggot friends what rifle they think is the best and "not princessy"

Undoubtedly theyre gonna say the AK.

Show them this.

m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU

they told me not to waste my money buying or building something that wouldnt end up being reliable or worth it

If the rifle was THAT shitty, it would have been abandoned 50 years ago for something else and not have so many variants made. Your friends and brother are fucking retarded.

No I turned 18 in january
they did say an ak

Ay nice. Sorry the school bit threw me off agewise.

If you over gas an M4 like an HK416 or AKM, you'd get better reliability too, but at a cost of higher recoil and reduced parts life, like the latter two.

Its okay. Pretty much when I turned 18 my dad started to pay me real money at his shop since he could legally hire me (hes a cheapskate) so Ive been saving every penny I get and I want to either buy or build a nice reliable rifle. My brother doesnt own any guns and the only guns my friends own are airsoft

Yeah if you want a reliable rifle get an AR-15 or AK derivative depending on where you are. The modern AR is just as reliable as any AK.

Alright here goes. Lets lay down the law here.

The AK has dominated the battlefield for the greater half of the century because well, hot damn it really is a badass rifle. Built like a tank, so easy to keep working that goat fuckers and rice farmers can do it. Not to mention the round it shoots is pretty nasty and it can do pretty much anything you want it to.

Then along came vietnam. The US military began searching for something new to give to troops. The contract for development landed on eugene stoners desk and he gave birth to the m16 rifle. The nam era m16s were FUCKING SHIT. They pumped them out, they told a number of troops they were "self lubricating" (which is wrong as fuck) and the ammo was dirty as hell and the rifles jammed, fucked up, everything. If you even looked at em wrong, theyd jam. They were garbage. However, reports from the ones that DID work claimed to have some of the most unusual wound cavities they had ever seen. The magic of 556 is that the bullets can tumble, and fragment. They called it the "meat axe" because some claimed it nearly cut people in half. This may be fuddlore, but still neat history.

Now, a few decades later after the military had a few years to work on it, the m16/ar15 is a tried and true infantry weapon. Again, watch this link . m.youtube.com/watch?v=YAneTFiz5WU

The magic of AR15s is that they are a closed system, unlike the AK. They do not allow dust, dirt, and shit to get into the chamber and behind the bolt. The other half of the awesome things that AR15s have to offer is
>ability to customize with optics, lights, and sights
>theyre nearly half the weight of an AK, ammo included
>theyre extremely versatile.
>the 556 has a longer range, and its a flatter shooting cartridge
>it has very little recoil

They were ment to be a soldiers weapon. Something light, accurate, and something that gets the job done. They fit that niche well. However because their bullet is smaller, they do lose penetration.

Attached: 18FC2546-BACB-4C57-925D-B46228739D05.jpg (1486x991, 173K)

There are no gun laws prohibiting assault rifles in my states so Im good. Any suggestions on brands to go with and ones to stay away from? If building what parts should I not use

>My brother doesnt own any guns and the only guns my friends own are airsoft
and these are the people who are readily telling you what to do with your money
please tell them that I hate them

Assuming you're American, you can get a budget AR that will do whatever you want for $400-$500. You can pimp it out however you want and your options are endless. Or you can buy a WASR (an AK), which is around $700. Quality can be a little dubious on that and it will not have much customization unless you shell out some more money. Don't take buying advice from people who only have airshits and get their information from Grandpa Fudd and fucking CoD.

Thats actually really reassuring :)

Yes I do live in the states

Again, you must consider what youre looking at.

Ak platform
>classic rifle, cant go wrong
>offers awesome penetration
>higher recoil
>larger caliber

AR
>less penetration, smaller bullet, but has a chance if you hit something fleshy for extreme cavitation.
>offers extreme customization, rails, lights, optics, etc. theyre essentially tinker toys
>they are very lightweight, and living in america you will never have a shortage of parts.

If I could go back in my youth and rethink what I did with my arsenal, I woulda made some changes. Before you buy anything, make absolutely, positively sure thats what you want. Do all your research and shit now, and make sure you understand what youre getting. Dont skimp yourself. You probably will, in some form or another, but thats part of learning.

>The magic of 556 is that the bullets can tumble, and fragment. They called it the "meat axe" because some claimed it nearly cut people in half. This may be fuddlore, but still neat history.

No this is true. An AR can also pull a mans still beating heart out and show it to him before he dies

Thank you everyone :)

I heard in Vietnam the M16 used super velocity 5.56 that exploded when it hit bone and sometimes one exploding Vietcong would send out enough bone fragments to kill 2-3 of his buddies, since they were practically skin and bone

Building is very involved and will be a little more expensive than buying a prebuilt budget rifle if you don't know what you're doing. The S&W MP Sport comes to mind for a starter AR, they're normally $500 and are very basic, but it lets you get familiar with using ARs. But really, you have to decide what YOU want and what you can do within your budget.

Build a basic PSA (palmetto state armory) AR and enjoy building up from there. Aks are awesome, but the AR platform is truely superior. They both have roots in completely different eras, each designed to sit a role. The AK comes from the ww2 era, where infantry rifles were meant to be simple, cheap, and pumped out fast since they probably wouldn't last long in battle. War changed and so did the world. The AR was modular and meant to have a much longer useful life. This is why we cam see old military m16s refitted and updated multiple times, while the Russians use a set design until they replace it with a new design, their older ak variants frozen in their respective era of conception. Besides, no one said you can't just have and enjoy both. Young morons like your friends are stuck thinking everything is a "this vs that" competition. The winner indulges in everything.

this didnt have to be a thread

Fuck off faggot, why are you so upset by a young kid who is trying to get into guns asking questions? I smell the no guns on you

>PSA
>winner

Attached: 1544846564425.gif (253x197, 929K)

Most people I talk to seem to agree that aero precision rifles are a good quality budget option.

If you buy a complete rifle you have a warranty to fall back on, if you build things can get fuckered and you'll have to fix it yourself

Also heres another good video OP.
Ars are not fragile shitsticks.

>psa

Quit crying over psa you faggots. Just because yall cant spend money responsibly, doesnt mean others shouldnt either.

vimeo.com/274000171

It was more the super light bullets + long barrels

Get better friends, and smother your brother with a pillow as he sleeps.

This.
Though the direct impingement system will always need more cleaning than the equivalent in short-stroke piston format, as Armalite themselves quickly realized with the AR-18.

Which is why the marines are replacing their rifles with HK 416s.

ARs are well-sealed but have tight tolerances, so while they're pretty resilient to most stuff, if something does get inside it'll fuck up the gun.

>mud test

The cry of the butthurt ARfag.

>yall

Typing it out is the surest sign that you're some city faggot trying to sound Southern, we don't write out y'all, we just say it, the same way Midwesterners say "thankee".

fucking kids slinging weak bait need to be removed, come on mods do your fucking duty

This is why the AK market is stagnate and the AR market always improving. I don't know what your friends have but they obviously don't have anything that is considered updated.

They are the barbies of the rifle world. They can do pretty much anything if you dress them properly for it.
The AK.... Is really something else
youtube.com/watch?v=EwSJiAwoMpY

The only problems with the M16 were caused by retards in the government. They changed the powder in the 5.56 cartridge (which caused increased fouling and jamming), and the failure to issue cleaning kits.
> The magic of 556 is that the bullets can tumble, and fragment. They called it the "meat axe" because some claimed it nearly cut people in half. This may be fuddlore, but still neat history.
It's literal commie propaganda. And you're a traitor if you give it any credence. Funny how the Soviets cried about the wounds caused by the 5.56, then they proceeded to field the 5.45mm cartridge for the AK-74.

It is not. All weapons need regular maintenance in field conditions.

Run child. You are too sweet and innocent for this place. It will empty you and make you a husk of a man. Run and never look back.

>Funny how the Soviets cried about the wounds caused by the 5.56, then they proceeded to field the 5.45mm cartridge for the AK-74.
And to really add to the hypocrisy, the Soviets used live pigs to test the ballistics of the 5.45mm.

No it is not at all. They are replacing them with 416's because H&K bribed them the most, thats how 98% of contracts are awarded, just like how the p320 won without even having to do the final stage of testing. Besides, barrel life, which it couldnt ever reach on a single bolt(lugs would shear) it was not more reliable than several other competitors, also overgassed, and it has a machinegun barrel because it was supposed to replace the SAW.

>be me
>at range
>nice spring day
>gun is firing normally
>but then
>a butterfly lands on the gun
>"it's nothing desu"
>suddenly
>catastrophic failure.jpg
>three rounds somehow forced into champer
>gun explodes
>i'm okay though...
I'm not alone.

Autism in its purest form.

>Get off mah lawn

Attached: 1552876648387.jpg (310x163, 14K)

Why do you autistic weirdos always try to anthropomorphize everything?

>the AK market is stagnate
How someone can know about the existence of the AK-12 and still say that shit is beyond me

Was in a "muh m1" boomer that told you this, OP?

Personification has been a thing since at least Robert Frost, and I'm pretty sure he didn't make it up either.

OP, it runs as well as any service pistol, and those run pretty fucking hard. Drop it, bang it into shit, let all that black shit build up, as long as you keep it lubricated (and some of the short stroke models need even less of that in exchange for a harder recoiling gun), it'll keep going bang.

Keep it lubed, and use good, not-dirty ammo

It's issue was never one of reliability, but logistics and maintenance. (putting aside vietnam ball vs tube powder)You need to clean the gun and lube it. more so than other guns.

that being said, if your logistic chain can't provide you with gun lube and cleaning kits, then you're probably not getting ammo or food either.

not that user, but i wasnt aware that the US was importing ak12s! Learn something new every day!

>any of this
No.

>the Soviets used live pigs to test the ballistics of the 5.45mm
I don't see whats wrong with this, though I do feel bad for the pigs. I mean the japs were using live Chinese

Newfag please go. This isnt a place u want to be

Attached: images-2.jpg (264x191, 7K)

M193 out of a 20" is hecking brutal against flesh and don't let anyone tell you otherwise. It's not the only option for the chambering by far but it does a very good job.

do any of them even own a gun? an ar15 or ak?

I say howdy in real life
what can you glean from that, oh wise one?
>inb4 I'm a smartass or similar

judging by the last armadillo I shot with cheap 223 wolf steel case, I believe this.
It ripped a little bigger than half dollar sized hole out the back and pulled intestines and liver with it about a foot.

tbf, you can go wrong with either.
>cheap chink tier low name ar15 brands or over paying for the same quality of a psa (acceptable ar15) for a prebuilt.
>any american made ak will be shit

I hope you dont actually believe that. They leave pretty serious damage but keep it realistic.

if i ever find you, me and the boys gon kick your ass so yall best shut the fuck up

t. Georgia

>yall
Stop. Writing how you speak is nigger tier.

nigger.

Every modification to an AK is to make it more like an AR