U.S. Army buys Brügger & Thomet APC9

350 for $2,575,811.76
$7359.46 per gun
>inb4 muh accessories
armytimes.com/news/your-army/2019/04/01/the-army-picked-this-sub-gun-for-security-details-to-use-while-protecting-top-commanders/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Brügger_&_Thomet_APC9
it's
7000+ dollars for a straight blow back machine gun
and they didn't even buy the B & T MP9
these guns would better be used shooting the leaders that signed off on this waste rather than guarding them.

Attached: apc9k.jpg (660x307, 17K)

Other urls found in this thread:

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/01/breaking-us-army-selects-bt-for-new-sub-compact-weapon/
sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=1265
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Redoubt_(Switzerland)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Switzerland
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

If they don't overpay for the guns then B&T probably won't offer them any more bribes.

>Government
>Efficiency

We are an empire in decline

thefirearmblog.com/blog/2019/04/01/breaking-us-army-selects-bt-for-new-sub-compact-weapon/
>These successful vendors were contracted to supply the Army with 10 guns for testing. B&T were awarded a contract for testing and evaluation prototypes at a cost of $27,364.81, which was one of the more cost effective entries.

27,364.81/10= $2,736.48 per prototype gun

They've somehow nearly tripled in price by going into production.

That *literally* make no sense

lol retard. B&T obviously bribed whoever was in charge of the procurement and is probably offering more money or a post-military job if they're allowed to price gouge to the moon.

You don't bribe the entire military you bribe a couple guys with a blank checkbook, they get theirs so they don't care if the end deal is bad since they're not the ones paying

holy fuckin shit that weapon looks boring as fuck

Don't tell me we can't afford free healthcare when we're buying shit like this.

Universal healthcare is unconstitutional and forced labor is unamerican.

Also, entitlement spending is way (like substantially) more than defense and similar expenditures.

Who cares about what it looks like? The thing is heavier and longer than ancient shit like the MP5K. Literally buying an inferior product for the price of half a dozen comparative SMGs or carbines.

Technically a standing army making procurements would also be against the intent of the constitution

7k each? For a fucking blowback sub gun? What the hell. I knew the govt was retarded but really this is just a new level of wasting taxpayer money

your mom is heavy and longer
fucking andre the giant lookin bitch

>it's 7000+ dollars for a straight blow back machine gun

Because they don't only buy the gun but probably also an optic with other accessories like suppressors and lasers, spare parts and a shit tone of mags.

I'm torn tho, isn't defense of citizenry and property one of the few intrinsic and legitimate reasons for government?

Just a guess but add spare parts, accesories and support to that price and it probably adds up.

>thing is heavier and longer than ancient shit

so is your mom faggot

even if factory blinged like pic related it's still a terrible deal
>no locking bolt
>barrel shorter than the collapsible stock
>monolithic 54 dimensional picatinny why?
for that money i'd expect the following
>magic quick release integrated >suppressor/barrel that voice activated bends around corners
>gravity warping zero inertia bolt
>rcbs case loading extraction and ejection TM
>megalithic picatinny rail
>OR AT LEAST A MAG WELL THAT FITS

sadefensejournal.com/wp/?p=1265
>The Advanced Police Carbine comes standard with a very nice selection of accessories. These include:
2 each thirty round magazines,
1 each fifteen round magazine,
1 each single point sling,
1 each BT-produced QD vertical handgrip,
1 each cleaning kit, a plastic transport case and operator’s manual. This accessory package comes with all versions of the APC.

Attached: apc9kkk.jpg (650x260, 19K)

Imagine having a momlet that's smaller than a 5 pound smg.

That was a function of the militia, there were provisions to form a standing army under threat but not indefinitely as that was considered a mark of tyrannical government

Say that to my face fucker not online and see what happens

Attached: photo.png (250x251, 107K)

would shove dick in her

Even if that were true, 7k is still bullshit. It shouldn't cost more than 1k for a sub gun. So let's say 1k for the gun, 500 for the optic, 500 for the suppressor, and another 500 for a laser/light. Even if you want to throw on another grand cause you think my numbers are low, that still comes out to 3.5k literally half the price they're paying. This is nothing more than a blatant waste of funds and that's OUR money being wasted.

Don’t yammer about forced labor unless you are against all forms of taxation. If you are, then just leave society already.

Anyone know how much the army would have paid for MP5s or other competitiors to the B&T?
No
>source: my ass
please!

Anyone else hate blowback guns? It's like engineering for retards.

what part of inb4muhaccesories do you not understand?
even a t1 aim point, suppressor, slings, mags, and parts kit do not add up to 7k
i only hate them when they're not cheap and/or made in my garage

Attached: burger2a.jpg (634x626, 95K)

>that's OUR money being wasted.

Now this money is ours

Attached: 6587969743.jpg (548x550, 282K)

based mountain jew

Attached: spacemagic.png (1092x542, 220K)

jokes on you, money isnt real you dumb germanic nerd lol!

Hello. Would you be interested in buying some F35s?

You'll get what's coming to you mountain elf. Keep making overpriced watches and copies of other peoples guns, next world war you wont be able to slither out like last time

I do like swiss watches tho. And at least swiss banking is how banking is supposed to be not (((usury))) based

>and that's OUR money being wasted.
Seriously. I don't give a fuck about our MP's new sub gun. I'd rather that money go towards better armor or transportation for our 11 bangbangs.

Let me get a few and I'll pay you back later, I swear.

You don't understand engineering then. All other systems are for retards, blowback is the best solution for guns because it's cheap, easy to produce, and more reliable than other systems.

>taxation is theft
Retard alert.

No. Rafale or nothing.

get out of my country you fuckin commie

bassed

Nigger doesn't understand taxes. It's probably a retard with an internet connection.

I understand that federal income tax was supposed to be a temporary measure, not go fuck off bootlicking cunt.

>You'll get what's coming to you mountain elf
literally peace and prosperity
>copies of other peoples guns
swiss law forbids the SIG from selling their OG shit to other countries. that's why they partnered with Sauer and made a separate company to dump sub standard quality on everyone else
>next world war you wont be able to slither out like last time
yes they will
invading switzerland is god tier lulz
all mountain border passes are rigged to blow
and they'll only blow them after the enemy crosses
tfw when you're stranded in the alps with a million cross country skiing snipers bearing down on you
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Redoubt_(Switzerland)
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Military_history_of_Switzerland
they shot down both allied and nazi aircraft for airspace violations in WWII
they've even bullshitted the world the swiss airforce is mostly decommissioned for environmental reasons
just imagine what they've been building

Attached: cumslut.jpg (2278x968, 790K)

oopsie pic related

Attached: SwissArmyAlps.jpg (960x540, 105K)

Yeah. Amd UMP is such a good gun, right?

I was talking about him not you.

It’s coerced and forced at gunpoint. Even if you use none of the services taxes provide and live on your land, the government will demand property tax on YOUR property that you’ve already bought. So... theft.

>Daily reminder that B&T are overpriced chink quality guns made from extruded aluminum, MIM/cast parts, and plastic
>They should cost as much as a Tec-9

would shove her in my dick

I like blowback guns when they're cheap. This ain't cheap.

keep crying bitch

>The Army has the option to purchase up to 1,000 under the terms of the contract, which is valued at more than $2.5 million.

The guns and extras are $2,500 each.

are these supposed to replace mp5s or are they just buying some for special forces?

>shitty blowback smg
>SOF

Attached: 1554381749593.png (1000x432, 165K)

would shove her in my ass

I'm not crying because I didn't pay two grand for a Taurus PPC.. sorry, a B&T "pistol"

Would shove her.

A standing army is not unconstitutional. It is extraconstitutional. Congress is not required by law to fund an army. They just choose to. Unlike the navy, which they are required to provide.

Attached: 1554253157198.jpg (868x595, 82K)

You all keep bitchin about it being 'duhr inferior blowback' but what's so inferior about it? It's reliable and it's not like it's chambered in a rifle cartridge. Just 9mm and it has a hydraulic buffer. I played with one and it was awesome. Much more modular and modern than the mp5(despite blowback). Has bolt hold open too I believe unlike mp5. Only thing fucky here is the absurd price but that's always the case with anything the military buys not just this.
Only thing the army did wrong here is not buy the APC9 pro which has dual, non-reciprocating, fold-down charging handles.
And not that the army would care but the pro can even take a Glock mag lower and the grip can be swapped for any AR grip.

The MP5 now has an integrated rail, AR style bolt hold open/release, modular AR grips, and is both lower recoil and more accurate than this thing.

Delayed blowback and locked breech are lighter (when the frame is made from similar materials) and lower recoil. For example the MPX Copperhead weights 4.5lb vs the APC9's 5.9lb. Blowback isn't bad, I just expect it to be way cheaper.

Because blowback recoil fucking sucks. Look at the UMP. Inferior to the MP5 in every way

>HK losing contracts obviously in their favor to the dudes who make their suppressors

So you're telling me we could have had like 2,500 skorpion evos instead?

Because damn is this shit retarded, even by taxpayer standards.

I'm genuinely triggered by this, and I'm not even a US citizen.

$7359.46 for a small form factor gun with no advanced materials, functions and a simple operating mechanism?
My budget service rifle was twice as advanced and had more comparative features, and came with a red dot sight made in the eu for $500 per package.

With a $7000 budget I would have told CZ to make a custom version of their scorpion with a shorter barrel and a retractable stock and still have plenty of cash to spare if I wanted something like the APC9. Or better yet just buy something better and actually modern like a bloody MP7.

Attached: 1459121091554.jpg (399x395, 73K)

>government puts out rfi for [insert anything]
>says it needs to be perfect, only the best for us americans
>government receives edible arrangement bouquet
>government looks down at alert on vibrating phone
"We have selected this random ass, inefficient, more expensive, less capable, less reliable [insert anything], don't question it"

You have never touched either.

You are also a retard who didn't actually read the linked article, the guns are not $7,500.

Don't forget, the company is a small scale production outfit that makes extruded aluminum airsoft gun quality firearms

>government contractors siphon as much money as possible while doing as little work as possibe
this is news to you?

Nigger what? B&T makes two solid models that they bought the rights to, and a bunch of total crap
The MP5 is a modernized weapon now, but still too heavy

don't you get it by now the US Army does things for the looks they want people to see them and be like cool gun Bro or cool camo pattern Bro.

What is shipping and handling?
What is sales tax?
What is extended warranty?
What are spare parts?

>retards who fall for lazy bait

Attached: ce8.png (621x702, 56K)

>He fell for the BT meme

>are these supposed to replace mp5s or are they just buying some for special forces?
Those two things aren't mutually exclusive. The gun is meant to be used for scenarios where for some reason you need an extremely compact weapon that is also very quiet. It is intended to be used with a suppressor + subsonic ammunition. It's not something that a regular infantryman wants or needs, but it could be extremely useful for special forces in certain applications.

The MP5 is only marginally more compact than an mk18. Let go of the MP5, it had a good run.

>extruded aluminium upper
>molded plastic lower
>few machined parts
>few parts at all
>$7k

Ayyy lmao.
Even the civilian price of 2500€ is pants on head retarded, that shit probably costs 500 to make at most.

The MP5k has a longer barrel than the selected gun and is the same size with a collapsed stock.

I personally think they should have gone with a different gun from both (or not a fucking SMG, what is this 1990?) But the B&T is objectively a terrible decision

I love your mom and I wholeheartedly agree

APC9 K
>4.3 inch barrel
>Overall length of 13.6 inches
>Weight just over 5.7lbs

>MP5k
>4.5 inch barrel
>Overall length 12.6 inches without stock
>Weight 4 pounds without stock

Universal healthcare would be cheaper than the ridiculous insurance schemes you have to subscribe to.

Getting ill should not bankrupt you.

OP lied, the article says the gun/optic/suppressor/mags are $2,500 for each set.

>without stock

>HUMANITY STATUS: LEFT BEHIND

should've gone with CZ

5.57lbs and 13.5 inches with stock, just looked it up

B&T BTFO by a fucking cold war SMG that should have died twenty years ago

The gun isn't $7000. The project cost split per unit is $7000. This is the cost for everything to field the gun. The gun itself, accessory kit, magazines, spare parts, technical data, training manuals, armorer training, and factory support for whatever timeframe that buys.

I still wonder what the MP5 or one of the other competitors would have cost, but no one seems to know. Instead some ass blasted H&K fanboys are reeing around in full damage-control mode.

But this gun doesn’t look cool. At all

Well, the army already uses the MP5 (this is a contract to replace them) and the civilian MP5k is about the same price as the civilian B&T, so honestly if anything the HK would likely have been cheaper.

But an SMG is fucking retarded either way and they should have just retired the MP5 and called it a day.

$7000 comes from dividing the price of a full 1000 gun purchase by 350 guns, they are actually $2500.

The MP5K was not submitted as a potential competitor, so bringing it up is pointless. The gun H&K submitted was the UMP9.

Which MP5 variant is this from?

It's intended to be used by special operations forces in very specific situations where an ultra-compact, ultra-quiet gun is needed. A 9mm sub-machine gun, fitted with a suppressor, and using subsonic ammunition, is basically as quiet as any gun can practically be. It's not going to be widely issued.

It should be leading to criminal investigations for corruption and subversion.

>B&T
>inferior to shitty delayed blowback

go back to the 80s faggot

>post-military job
that's a bingo
procurement officials need a mandatory cooldown (3 years? 5 years?). so fucking sleazy.