Is it worth the 1600 dollars? or its a meme?

is it worth the 1600 dollars? or its a meme?
also post weapons you are interested in getting

Attached: H&K-SL8.jpg (990x386, 179K)

Other urls found in this thread:

heckler-koch.com/de/produkte/sport/selbstladegewehre/hk243/hk243-s-sar/zubehoer.html?tx_z7attachmentshk_pi3[article]=778&cHash=6528d55d28e31677fe35a07b0742cc8f
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I want one, but only so I can do the XM8 conversion

So is that a famas, or what?

Stop converting SL8s.

Attached: muddlyfe1.png (119x124, 38K)

HOSTILE!

Attached: 1425211713871.webm (840x525, 1.58M)

the real FEAR redpill is unbinding slowmo and realizing the game is more fun that way.

Nyet, suka

Attached: FEAR - duals vs rockets, 1v1 me fag.webm (854x480, 2.72M)

Honestly, no. I had my converted to an MG36 clone, and while it’s super cool. No where near worth the money.

Also the SL8 in its base form is one of the most pozzed guns ever.

Attached: BDF3B359-0082-466A-AE0F-73AD7A8E0E06.jpg (4032x3024, 3.79M)

I'm conflicted because I'd want to keep it stock and also do a g36 conversion. choices choices

Fug, I never knew you could shoot the rockets

Just get the Tommybuilt trash. It's close enough and you aren't cannibalizing an increasingly rare rifle that is cool in its own right.

Its literally not cool at all in its on right. You are making it painfully aware that youve never held one or shot one. They are trash and nothing but a cucked G36

I've shot more than a few being they were legal in the ban state I grew up in. So, get fucked faggot. They look sweet and you can suck a dick.

>proprietary mags
>proprietary bolt head
>proprietary stock attachment
>no threads on barrel
>mag capacity of 10
>bull barrel only

Literally nothing but a gimped G36, it has no redeeming functional qualities over a G36 clone.

>He thinks I don't know all that.
It looks sweet, dipshit, so who cares? And stop abusing the word "proprietary", you ESL faggot.

The grey ones with the built in optics are actually pretty cool IMO.

This type is p ugly tho. No real redeeming qualities

The only reason why this thing has any merit though is to G36 convert it.

Attached: 1553296259501.gif (460x259, 1.93M)

fuck this makes me want to buy the FEAR package on steam now!
>dat free multiplayer
damn that shit was dope

Attached: mOnvOJG.png (2271x2380, 298K)

>thumbhole stock
>looks sweat
nope

Attached: smRed7M.jpg (961x759, 97K)

Well, here in Deutschland we have the choice between the SL8 and the HK243. I personally like the G36 over the AR15, but is it worth a bullshit amount of money more in Clapistan?

I'd keep it stock because I think it looks really cool.

Yuro guns are expensive in the USA, and importers gouge us on AR and AR accessories.
t. frog

1600 seems low

Nah m8, we're also getting fucked in the ass by local gunsmiths. Look at Schmeisser or Oberland Arms, they want like 2k€ for a fucking AR15.

>not keeping it stock so you can be Jack Carver from Far Cry Instincts
newfags need not apply

My buddy has one, I've shot it for years.
I think they look cool, they are reliable, and they're accurate.

That said, I hate the fact that they don't take standard mags, and I personally don't like the idea of making a "clone".

You can convert them to use double stack mags. New bolt or repair the original and widen the mag well.

Not sure about the US SL8, but H&K in Germany offers a replacement magwell that takes standard AR mags.

heckler-koch.com/de/produkte/sport/selbstladegewehre/hk243/hk243-s-sar/zubehoer.html?tx_z7attachmentshk_pi3[article]=778&cHash=6528d55d28e31677fe35a07b0742cc8f

Anyone have experience with the Desert Tech MDR? I was looking at battle rifles and ran across it. It looks interesting and the videos about it make it seem pretty great, but I hesitate to trust reviewers that barely put any rounds downrange.

Do you want me to tell you prices for a basic vitch m&p ?

AR mags in a G36 is an abortion

it does look cool though. not everything has to have a magpul pistol grip.

they botched it. wait for gen 2 or even 3 if you really want one. an age old wisdom- "never buy the A-model". or just skip the heartache and get a scar.

fyi Desert Tech is ran by a cult (radical mormon separatists), the Kingston Clan

I want one with a modified mag well so it accepts drum mags.

I plan on getting a 17 later this year. I'm just curious about the MDR. The actual mechanics of it and the whole ambi thing are pretty neat. I also just really want a bullpup battle rifle. You're right, though, and I'll probably wait for the next gen to see what happens with it.

Is that supposed to be a negative?

Oh absolutely, I agree, but at least it's an option.

based. do they practice polygamy with teenage brides?

I would buy the sl8-4 and convert it to a G36

Attached: BDB16353-4340-460F-AD3E-D1E43E2B413B.jpg (460x460, 9K)

Try again, sweaty

I want to get one, somehow slap a fucking Magpul D60 on it so I can larp as Point Man at the range.

Attached: D85D4D61-D8B6-473E-BE24-0F9FA4CDC7D0.jpg (850x480, 95K)

there will be all kinds of free euroshit to scavenge off the bodies of rich leftists and UN soldiers during the US civil war 2.0. all you need to do is have an ar15 to kill one of them with.

I really want an MP5 clone but I can't decide between buying an uncucked one locally and paying a couple hundred more in tax and upcharge, or trying to buy online and either convincing the seller to sell mag """kits""" or just eat the cost and hassle for new mags.

This a thousand times, I have said it numerous times but I always get told to fuck off.

>convert it to a G36
the only actual reason to buy one

I hope they stay around the $1600 mark so I can get one to build a full length G36, since TBT etc are only building little bullshit short versions.

I know I do

mormon-based cults (emphasis on mormon based because most of them come up with their own kooky branch) are a real thing, but they usually get caught if they do that for any length of time. if those rumors are true about deserttech, there's no doubt they're being watched and if they had polygamy/child brides/incest going on they'd be caught by now.

if you're looking to buy some cucked caliber ninja assault blackedness i suggest pic related
soon to have a brass catcher as well

Attached: rdbc.gif (1800x1000, 350K)

Just get a parts kit and a Tommy receiver.

The slo-mo was put in place because of console aiming being garbage. On PC I don't have any problems doing an entire run on the highest diff. because the aiming is so much easier.

This. Only good conversion is double stack mag conversion

No it's not worth the money but if you like it, and I do, then it's worth getting since it's so unique. I'd love the grey one.

How much does Tom Bostic charge on a conversion from SL8 to G36? I've also seen he does pistol T36 conversions now? What is best way of owning closest thing to a G36C?

>they botched it.
proofs?

Kahr arms is literally founded and ran by korean jesus cult.

Is that supposed to be a bad thing?

I went with the T36k

Attached: 20181224_194808.jpg (2375x1781, 2.11M)

Snag an SL8 and keep it stock!

Buy a Tommybuilt G36 if you want one. It will end up cheaper than sourcing a $2k SL8, buying $2k in parts, and then paying someone to do the conversion.

I have an SL8-1 in the original blue polymer. Debated converting it over the years, but the SL8 is a beautiful abomination in it's own right and will only become more valuable as more and more of them are chopped up.

Went with tailbook pistol version of the same from Tom. He just shipped it on the 2nd of this month (ordered 23 March). Very pumped to receive it.

cool post your guns

Wait isn't that the assault rifle from F.E.A.R?
is there somewhere you buy working fictional guns?

SL-8 is the equivalent to a California featureless AR. Rarity doesn't correlate with value.

How much would the conversion cost?

Attached: 1501242996769.png (612x491, 22K)

They suck. The balance is absolute shit due to the bull barrel, and the thing is painful to hold due to the retarded angle of the grip and the thumbhole stock. The single stack mag is the most cucked shit ever at $40+ a pop.
It's only saving grace is looking cool (it's only rare because no one wants it, not at the price it was sold at and with how absolutely neutered it is, yet still not neutered it in a way that was CA legal) and being able to be converted to something else.

Attached: 20190405_000934.jpg (1210x908, 425K)

>steam
GOG is the digital game redpill, friend.

Attached: 1520281475720.jpg (400x400, 20K)

It's cheaper and faster to just buy the T36 and build it up from there.
Only reason to get it now is if you just want an SL-8 for some reason, or if you want to do a XM-8 conversion. Honestly, with the T36 out, I wouldn't be surprised if he does a TM8 at some point.
If he does I'd probably regret converting my SL8-6.

TARGET SPOTTED

Attached: DzdbL5kUcAAcyjS.jpg (720x624, 40K)

could you be any more ESL if you tried?