Dealers vs FFL transfers

>Be me
>First time buying online
>Buy poor man’s shield on Poor State Armory website bc Jew
>Shit gets sent in and signed on delivery, call them two work days after delivery
>”We’ll call you when it’s ready, first come first serve”
>Whatever, I guess
>Be a week later, and no call back.
>Called again today
>”Well we just got a big shipment in and you’ll just have to wait”

I heard upon receival all they have to do is log it into their inventory and call you. Buddies say they’ve only waited two days on avg, by going through gunsmith or home-based FFL.

Dealing with this, but gun is dirt cheap so whatever.

Do stores just hate doing transfers or what?

Attached: 2DA62D41-D15D-4748-BBD1-A649BCEA5849.jpg (1242x2208, 2.11M)

Depends on the FFL, I go to a smaller FFL by my parents that charges $20 transfers and they basically have them on a shelf by time received. They recommend emails for communication (tell them the tracking number) and they'll auto email you when they signed for it and it's ready to pick up. I have the owner's number so he calls me when they're ready. Some stores hate doing transfers, others honestly make it a smooth experience.

Depends on store. At the FFL I work at we call within 20 minutes of when it gets shipped in (depends how busy we are). Sometimes people call and ask if they can come get it before I get a chance to call them and I say come get it.

Fuck em. I show up an hour or so after it's delivered and make them complain and dig through boxes. Dont call them, show up and tell them you're here to pickup your gun and you'll wait.

All the gun stores around me must really hate them since they charge around $40 per transfer. They're all undercut by the numerous kitchen-counter FFLs that charge $15-$20. I don't know if they charge way more because of overhead or because they want to discourage its use, but I feel like they view FFL transfers as a loss of sale, such as when people look at stuff in Best Buy and purchase it on Amazon. I think that's why they don't like them and tend to drag their feet when doing them.

A lot of them do view it as a loss of a sale, granted a lot of them try to gouge too. We used to do them for $10 each for years but it got to the point where the front guy didn't have much time for any thing else. When we moved locations we went to $25 per gun and that slowed it down (some), but our location isn't really intended for walk-in sales, it's just a brick and mortar for the ATF, we make our money from gun shows.

im about to buy my first online. can someone give me the rundown on what even happens. who even does the backround check? is contacting the ffl even necessary? information is very vague and people make it seem like it works like some best buy pickup.

1. Order fun
2. Choose ffl from list at checkout or call email or message store and have them email or fax their info with your name and order no
3. Go to store once delivered. Say I am here to pickup transfer. They will slide you a 4473
4. Fill out form
5. Wait a few mins
6. Go home with fun

Attached: 1551072358098.jpg (576x640, 46K)

Depends on the place. I use a local pawnshop because they usually have very little going on on their FFL side. They usually have it off the truck and ready to go in twenty minutes.

The seller will send an email or fax to your FFL, unless they already have the dealer info on file. Once it's confirmed valid they'll ship the gun out. It's polite but not required to give the FFL you'll be picking it up at a heads up. The background check is done at pickup when you fill out the 4473. Most states with waiting periods have the waiting period start when that form is filled out, which is kinda bullshit considering you already waited for delivery.
>people make it seem like it works like some best buy pickup.
It basically is if you live in a freestate.

thanks
i dont think pa has a waiting system

>kitchen-counter FFLs t
these haven't existed for a long time, you have to have a real store/shop and they do check before you get FFL or renew

My kitchen counter FFL renewed this February.

Nonsense, they are approved all the time.

Plenty around here

>I heard upon receival all they have to do is log it into their inventory and call you.
no shit but if they get a lot of business, they're going to be backed up for a while. especially now that it's warming up and people (like you) are buying new guns. use your head.

>all they have to do is log it into their inventory and call you
They have to receive the shipment, open the box, throw away all the loose fucking packing material that other retard FFL's use, open and inspect the gun, look for the paperwork, log the info into the book or software, find your contact info(if it was included which it often isn't), and then call you. If you're in line, you're in line.

Now there are a lot of shops out there that will drag their ass when they get something from the big guys like PSA, Buds, Grabagun, etc. Pissed that they're being squeezed out by those large dealers on new gun prices, and by the small FFL's who are doing $10 transfers(paying themselves less than minimum wage) which facilitate the big dealers low prices.

(((They))) recently changed the rules on this again, they weren't allowed for a while but they are now.

Attached: 248maa.png (720x1045, 960K)

pls be in State College

I don't know why the fuck you would legitimately do a 'kitchen counter' FFL. Who wants the ATF in their house?

Absolutely not fucking true. My buddy is an FFL and class 3 manufacturer. Out of his house, for the last 15 years. ATF comes through once a year and they call him first, because he has a day job. Never a drop in inspection unless you're a dumbfuck. I've never paid a transfer fee, and have many guns.

Erie

>Absolutely not fucking true
>ATF comes through once a year
Well which fucking is it, you illiterate faggot?

Add: you must have proper ID to show to the FFL. Generally one pic ID and at least one must have your physical address.