Thinking of getting a Chiappa, anyone here use one?

Thinking of getting a Chiappa, anyone here use one?
pros?/cons?

Attached: 80181ED5-0CFF-469C-AB03-544469F6EBDC.jpg (550x550, 20K)

Other urls found in this thread:

mateba-italy.com/en/Revolvers/
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58
luckygunner.com/labs/revolver-ballistics-test/
youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVgm8tAMQ
youtu.be/CEHtRkyTe-0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

Pro - it's a gun
Con - it's a revolver.

>inb4 that one fag comes in and posts that cuckit picture of the dude getting a squib like a retard, and claiming they are unsafe even though there are no other examples
I seriously think chiappa fucked his dog or something

>pros
Neato bambito design, surprisingly lightweight because aluminum frame, can launch pens 20 feet if you stick one down the barrel and dry fire it
>cons
Poorly QC, seam, expensive, cylinder lockup is terrible (the front wobbles freely), kB will mincemeat your hands, hot loads hurt because it goes straight into your wrist rather than rotating upward

Pro, really good to shoot.
Con, if you ride the reset, like in a semi-automatic pistol, you will advance the cylinder but lock the gun up. You have to let it out for two clicks before squeezing again. Plastic grip felt small and cheap.

>if you ride the reset, like in a semi-automatic pistol, you will advance the cylinder but lock the gun up. You have to let it out for two clicks before squeezing again.
Never had that problem, I'll have to try it.

pros - memes

cons - shitty design that places the kaboom .5" of shitty aluminum away from your firing hand.

Attached: 1524176446732.jpg (1255x952, 494K)

Also the mechanism looks like weak shit compared to beefy S&W lockwork.

Attached: justkillmenow.jpg (648x435, 115K)

Attached: BFYE9gZ.png (1309x847, 2.3M)

So far the only real thing I have heard is that if you shoot a squib load and you shoot it again, the force of the explosion is directed downwards towards your fingers.

SO if you know what a squib load is and know not to shoot again, you'll be totally fine.

Chiappa is a shit company with shit customer service. Other than that yeah whatever.

So if I were to get one, 357 would probably be a bad idea then?

It's fine. Just don't get too spicy.

>, can launch pens 20 feet if you stick one down the barrel and dry fire it

Just buy pic related instead.

Attached: S&W 19 Carry Comp.jpg (1350x900, 105K)

And there he is

Attached: 1516003050252.png (250x202, 8K)

I have noticed most of Jow Forums will hate any cool gun if its a little pricey.

Chiappa Rhino?
"MUH seam/IT will BLOW up bro lol"

Kriss Vector?
"MUH useless in semi auto/BRO it doesn't even reduce recoil"

PS90/FiveseveN?
"MUH 22 mag/Useless unless its the AP rounds!"

All of these guns are fine but most of Jow Forums is poor so they would rather buy another PSA AR than save up to buy something a bit more unique

I mean I have all of those and shit talk them anyway.

>cons?
Mateba is coming back?

>Pros
It's Cheaper than a Mateba
>Cons
It's not as good as a Mateba

>Promoting Cuck & Weaksauce

Who else would you suggest these days? Yeah, Manurhin and Korth are amazing but those are in a whole different price category.

Ruger? Their trigger blows compared to Smiths. The old Pythons had a great trigger, but a) they're not in production anymore and now command a high price, and b) their design is fundamentally shorter-lived than the others and requires more frequent maintenance to stay in time.

I would rather get a new Ruger or something used. My problem is mostly with the company not their products.

>Never had that problem
Grandpa Jerry didn't seem to have that problem either, and there's video of him putting 6 on target in 1 second on YT.

Nogunz faggots on this board will parrot any nonsense they read once....

Gotcha, I follow ya now.

>Chiappa Rhino?
>"MUH seam/IT will BLOW up bro lol"
Yes muh seam, still plan on getting one, probably a 200DS

>Kriss Vector?
>"MUH useless in semi auto/BRO it doesn't even reduce recoil"
No personal issues with this one, kinda want the sbr.

>PS90/FiveseveN?
>"MUH 22 mag/Useless unless its the AP rounds!"
P90 was made to be used as a PDW, so a semi-version will always be worse. Doesn't stop me from owning one though

>I have noticed most of Jow Forums will hate any cool gun

Attached: Khelps.png (431x846, 73K)

Just tried it, couldn't emulate it. It never "seizes up," you just have to... you know... finish resetting the trigger. It does have one kinda audible click that isn't the final stage though, so I guess theres that.

Those are both pros.

I posted my C93 Sporter when I got it and you should have seen the AR salt.

What's the big hole right above the cylinder lock? It looks pretty cool

I want one too, can't decide on 3" seamless or 4 or 5 inch with seam. As far as finger fucking goes, 4" felt like the perfect length.

Just save up and import a new mateba instead it's only about 3000 burger bucks. They started making them again in italy

mateba-italy.com/en/Revolvers/

It's called "the oracle". If you can see it on a gun after you bought it then you know you're a total faggot for life.

>can launch pens 20 feet
What other guns can I do this with because I think I found my new hobby

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0

youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

Attached: Model 10.jpg (1024x647, 178K)

Would any .357 or .38 be good for a number 2 pencil?

Yep

I thought about getting one recently as a cold weather pocket gun or just a jacket gun with my regular carry but I can't decide between these 2 I've listed pros and cons any other feed back would be appreciated

as for OP I would watch videos and decide which model you would like and make an assessment from that TFB on youtube has a really good review on one and lifesize potato likes them also its a design from the guy that made the mateba so theres that.

Attached: decisions decisions.png (1397x900, 484K)

It's a poor man's 6 Unica

357 out of barrels shorter than 4" is stupid and so are people who carry them. both 9mm and 38spl with modern SD ammo achieve FBI standard penetration. All you get with 357 is more recoil, report and muzzle blast. If you have to buy a 357 snub because whatever meme snowflake gun aesthetically fondles your medulla then be smart and only shoot 38s out of it.

Out of the two guns you listed I'd recommend a J frame or an LCR in 38 or 9mm.

youtube.com/watch?v=O1umkX3wM58

luckygunner.com/labs/revolver-ballistics-test/
the sub 4 inch test was done with a version of one of the guns I wanted (kimber)so it has that going for it

I understand the reason I I want a 2 inch snubby is certain tests in 357 perform pretty well and I can handle 357 pretty well and having the ability for 357 and 38 seems cool
also not all ammo is created equal as per the test data from the link

You're missing the point bro. No one is trying to say that 357 doesn't have more numbers because it does. What I'm saying is that those numbers mean nothing but more recoil, report and muzzle blast and that's it. If a milder shooting 38 or 9mm can adequately penetrate out of a snub there's zero reason to carry a 357 hand flashbang around in your pocket.

Hahahaha fuck your finger

I appreciate the input and will consider it

Here's another option:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZunVgm8tAMQ

I have been watching videos as well as asking around, so far I’m thinking it’s a good investment

S E A M
E
A
M

easy
dont overload the damn cartridges beyond specification

Ok, let me just say OP, the Chiappa will be the best shooting (most straight back recoil) revolver you will ever shoot. The barrel's position on the bottom of the gun allows for extreme control.

any company can have shotty QC if thats what your getting at with this video thats why the golden rule is inspect before you buy and dry fire and test but thanks for the entertaining video

lol this post is:
>I've already decided what I am going to get I'm just looking for validation not for differing opinions.

Also the word is shoddy.

seam

I am looking for differing opinions I just don't want a .22 mag or a .32 and I definitely want a snub nose of some kind so I guess yeah I've made up my mind with your help and will consider getting a kimber over a chiappa rhino, also I will consider using .38 over .357 or defensive .357 with low recoil that lucky gunner recommends. also the guy in the video is one of the reasons I want a revolver for pocket carry because of this video youtu.be/CEHtRkyTe-0
and paul harrell

also sorry about my shitty grammar

Did you not watch the whole video? His pick was a 3" 38 LCR. He carries the 22mag when he rund because it's light enough not to pull his running shorts down....

>Not wanting to put your target down

Yeah I guess is having a fetish for being mugged and sodomized is your thing go ahead and do that.

Go be a fag elsewhere.

>t. the boomer raised on the idea of "stopping power".