Soldering on a scope mount possible?

I am interested in the feasibility of mounting to the side of my Lee Enfield the reproduction scope mounts with solder. This was a bubba rifle which I am restoring but I would still like to avoid drilling if at all possible. Suggestions?

Attached: sniper01.jpg (800x495, 66K)

What about jbweld?

What?

Absolutely not. The solder joints would break very quickly

Fuck off bubba faggot

Don't.

pretty sure there are mounts with custom, extra-long replacement screws so you can attach w/o drilling.
You can't solder 10 ounce hunks of iron onto 90 ounce hunks.
You have to weld.

I can't remember the site but there are some that you can attach using the same pin that holds the rear sight in place. In fact, you can have both the scope mount / rail and the enfield's rear sight at the same time, no drilling, tapping, welding, or soldering required.

It doesn't irreversibly change the rifle and you can take it off whenever you want.

Did you notice the part where I said I was taking a bubba'd no4 mk1 and doing this to it. Use the fucking eyes in your meth rotten head dumb fuck.

I am hearing alot about Hi-Force 44 solder which appears to be a good candidate but I don't know much about soldering on metal. Only done electronics.

you mean weld?

he probably means braze

You'll have to braze it with a really high temp stuff and make sure the steel gets really hot. I'd be wary of ruining the hardening by blasting the receiver. A braze would probably hold but it may not be the best way of going about it

Everybody in this thread is a moron.

You can absolutely solder, and you don't need that meme hiforce shit either. You do need to get a good fit between the parts, and they need to be perfectly clean and prepped, but solder strength runs in the thousands of psi if done correctly. Ive soldered mounts on shotguns and rifles with no problems. Only issue is you probably don't have the fabrication facilities to do a good job of it.

Well that Hi-Force 44 stuff melts at 475F and has 28000 PSI strength. Do you think that is too high and will destroy the temper?

I was planning on just using a blow torch after heating all parts to 500 int he stove.

Stop trying to be so god damn special. Brazing or trying to actually get solder to work is far worse than just drill/tapping it correctly. Look at how they were prepared historically, follow suit.

The intent was to be able to return it to close to its original state easier than drilling holes (atleast in appeareance) . Although with the advancement of spray coatings I might be able to just fill the mount holes with epoxy and coat with Durablue

Bump

Adding to a bubba is still being a bubba. Kys.

>Soldering
>on a scope mount

lmfao

No it isn't, it's already fucked so who the hell cares? It isn't historical anymore.

>No it isn't, it's already fucked so who the hell cares? It isn't historical anymore.
So just solder and glue it.

lmfao

It's common retard

>It's common retard
O RLY?
lmfao!

Go look up a k98 sniper fuckface was soldered

whatever bubbafication you plan on doing to that poor rifle, don't fucking do it
give it to someone that will actually take care of it

Why are you idiots incapable of reading. It was bubbad and it's far better now

>don't you guys read? I'm just trying to make it worse than it already is

Jesus Christ confirmation of just how fucking stupid you children are. I specifically bought a bubba for the ability to not destroy history. I might as well be on fucking arfcom with how dumb you are.

you really are a fucking retard if you think that shitting on a pile of shit makes it smell any less like shit.
>I might as well be on fucking arfcom
you might as well go back to plebbit while you're at it

Attached: 1542045468912.jpg (183x275, 6K)

That's the point you fucking nigger. There is no historical value. Seriously research ropes

>Go look up a k98 sniper fuckface was soldered

OK.
>The Karabiner 98k was not designed to accept telescopic sights.[19] Attaching such sights to a Karabiner 98k required machining by a skilled armourer.

I suppose "machining by a skilled armourer" includes "soldering by a fucking retard." Kinda the same thing, don't ya think?

lmfao.

Just because you're a fucking retard doesn't mean everyone else is.

This

Regular solder melts somewhere around there, but the benefit of regular solder is you don't need to order it online you can get 80-20 and the appropriate flux in and hardware store in the world.

Don't do the oven thing, it's silly. You're not going to ruin the rifle by putting a torch to it at solder temps, but it will let you have the whole thing in a vice ready to go unlike pulling a hot gun out of your extra long oven and rushing to stick your shit on. Watch the midwayusa vids where he solders bits on, he's got a few tricks.

there comes a point after everyone says you're dumb as shit where you have to ask yourself "am I really the one who's dumb as shit?"

Do you not understand what OP already said. Here since you're an ADHD zoomer I'll explain it in a language you can understand, green text.
>be user
>get deal on rifle for cheap
>almost in mint condition
>wish someone that didn't have a dad involved in WWII like self would sleep with my wife
>everything on gun functional
>stock in one piece
>someone recoated stock with varnish color is off
>fucking thing is already bubba'd where's my hacksaw
Does that make sense to you now? You're welcome. I'm happy to help. It's probably a duty as a millennial to interpret and translate things boomers and zoomers say to one another.

you're not fooling anyone, OP

Bro you're way too fucking mad. Get a grip