/meg/ - Military Enlistment General

Sugar Cookies Edition

old >>LOIYING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = BIG YES
>>LYING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = THEY KNOW

>Do your own research to start, then come here for clarification.
>No vague questions, like "What job is best?"

>discord.gg/25RSvaA
>/meg/ official discord

pastebin.com/0K6MFcUZ
Guides to prepare for high-speed shit. (SEAL, Ranger etc.)

Resources:
Armyranger.com
For Ranger info, obviously.

sealswcc.com/
SEAL/SWCC site with videos and fitness plans and a forum

Shadowspear.com
All around SOF website. Great info and run by former/active members of every SOF unit. Mentor program. Also has forums for international SOF.

Professionalsoldiers.com
For all Army SF info.

warriorcorpsman.com/
For Navy Corpsman info.

leatherneck.com/forums/showthread.php?115180-MARSOC-Force-Recon
This is an all-inclusive thread for MARSOC/Force Recon stuff.

uscg.org
For Coast Guard info. Good site, lots of vets able to answer questions.

airwarriors.com/community/
>Naval Aviator forum with info on Navy OCS as well

usarec.army.mil/hq/warrant/prerequ/woft.shtml
US Army High school to Flight school

Before you ask a question, check the FAQ
>pastebin.com/Rx0nDuga

>Should I go Navy Enlisted Nuke?
Maybe.
i.imgur.com/FZ0Q9q4.png
tl;dr: Long hard school, long work hours, with good job prospects. It's definitely not for everyone or even most people in general.

CG info
>gocoastguard.com/family-and-friends/the-helmsman/required-knowledge

ASVAB for Dummys
mega.nz/#!XuhSWQgb!ycwEyBz1J-DZx_GOsAxmSQCduAImNuzTRswqfRb-x-w

READ THIS BEFORE ASKING CLEARANCE QUESTIONS
opm.gov/forms/pdf_fill/SF86.pdf

Attached: Navy Seals Original Recipe.jpg (265x420, 31K)

How common do people flunk outta BCT for PT

about 3% of the time I guess, if you're close they will send you to a fitness platoon. If you're nowhere close they will chapter for failure to adapt and you can come back in six months.

is taking a 6 year contract instead of a 4 year contract worth it to get Aviation Warfare in the navy as opposed to going os/it/qm(I'd get out at 26 vs 24)? I'm not interested in having a career in the military and I'm mainly worried about getting out and starting a career(programming) then having a family. when I leave I'll have an associates in computer science

Attached: wheeee.gif (400x332, 1.97M)

If your goal is to start a career as a programmer, why would you join the military at all? It adds absolutely nothing to your resume and just wastes time. If you're worried about money, the amount you'll make in two years as a software engineer will far exceed what you would save by doing mil instead of student loans.

Also, an associates is worthless if you want a good tech industry job. You'll either need a bachelors in C.S. from a reputable school or to distinguish yourself by significant contributions to well-known open source projects, preferably both. The education doesn't matter much, but the connections you make in school are what will get you your first job, and you will struggle without them.

t. software engineer at one of the big four

Do marines really eat crayons?

If you believe that they do, then you know which branch you belong in.

Hint: They eat crayons.

discord link is kill

got until may 16th to get my cardio in line
how fucked am I?

Anyone here have insider knowledge on 68W? What's the job like? Obviously since there isn't a major war going on I don't expect to be in actual combat, so what do they do these days?

I'm mainly interested in the job for emergency medical training and experience

Started basic trainng with almost 200, graduating class had 115 people. Most were quitters, pt failures, or medical discharges. There was a few people sent to the nut house.

waaaay more than 3% bro

If army just keep testing your 2 mile time. Do 30:60s to get your sprint time up. There's time.

I'm air force

had to get a heart rate evaluation and it got approved but now I have to go back to medical just for a height and weight check even though I'm 100% sure I'm in the green for BMI.
what gives?

Attached: 1485423786246m.jpg (1024x608, 148K)

Are you leaving for bmt? Or do you just have a pt test.

leaving for bmt
no idea when the PT test is

The only one that matters is in week 6. You will be running about 3+ miles 2-3 times a week after you start PT. The cardio days start with 7 min of a sprint/walk cycle then a 30m self paced run. Don't get caught walking, just do the lackland shuffle.

Am I fucking retarded going 18x so I can wind up 18D? I have college degree and could go to officer school and try for SF in a few years when I’m more fit. But I don’t want to wait a few years doing bullshit I don’t care about. I want to be a god damn operator. Taking asvab is a few weeks and I scored high on the practice and have been studying hard and running like a madman every morning.

To serve/have an experience you can't get anywhere else. I'm mainly worried about settling into a career and then feeling that I may have missed out while the window slips by and maybe end up worrying for the rest of my life.

how do the people that draw these caricatures not realize that they devalue any point they're trying to make when they combine the two?
>inb4 jidf or whatever
it's the same thing with the black ones

If i get a note from my doctor in that i haven't had ADD for over a decade i should be good right

Did you tell them you had ADD?

This. But it also really depends on what you want to be doing.

Bachelor's in CS is pretty much the standard for serious software development now. If this guy is telling the truth that he's at a big N, they aren't even looking at people's without a CS, or maybe IT, bachelor's now.

If you take some extra web dev courses, you could do database admin with an associates or CC diploma, which can pay well, but you'll hit a career ceiling without a BSc. That being said, web dev is a much more interesting side of programming than software development.

It comes up all the time on /meg/; the military is not professional development for any career besides security or law enforcement. It can help a career in the public sector or government, but only if your service record is good. Do not count on becoming a serious mechanic or techie because you did avionics in the USMC though.

- t. enlisted guy with a computational biology degree and lots of programming experience.

You should already be fit if you're going this route.

Not retarded, have you done reserach into it and are serious about it?

Will I get in trouble for making Holocaust jokes during the gas chamber?

My brother said that the shots you get are part of a program to create super soldiers and all the people who go insane reacted badly to it

what branch

Yes, only if a DI/MTI/RDC/whatever the fuck branch, hears you.

Does Jow Forums have any experience with the other branches of the military, not just the Navy/Army/USMC/Coast Guard/USAF?

Does recruitment/commissioning work the same way?

Attached: Captain Stephen Spaulding.jpg (424x525, 32K)

air force

Varies from unit to unit but in general I have been a paper pusher, taking vitals, assisting providers with procedures and clinic. I've ran sick call and mostly treated colds and sprains. I also draw blood, start IVs and clean/stitch wounds up. Haven't done any high speed cool army guy shit. But I'm in a medical unit, some other medics do nothing but work on vehicles, clean, and lay out connexes. How ever they get to do what their guys do sometimes. If they're with the infantry or CAV scouts, then they themselves will learn that job. or they'll just keep you in an aid station or motorpool. It depends on unit and leadership. If you want to get into the medical field, there are better enlisted jobs than being a medic. I probably would have became a 68C which is an actual LPN/LVN.

I'm an out of shape 30 year old engineer who wants to be a Nasty Girl and LARP. The local armory posted a sign for $20k signing bonuses, worth it? And when can I get my Camaro at 24% APR/84 month loan and issued dependa?

hey fellas

any info on combat control and tacp beyond the site?

It's doable. I'm an 18x and got selected.

Not him. I’m 18x shipping soon. What part of the q course you in? What mos did you get and how much say so did you have in choosing and same
For language? Thx.

Anyone have experience or know people who have done/ do air traffic control in the Air Force? I am wondering how difficult the tech school is and how often ATC jobs come down the pipeline. The recruiter was also saying I could go USAF Combat Controller If I meet the physical requirements which I am almost certain I could, but would still train heavily for. I understand it will be stressful, but I believe I would have good opportunities for jobs & job security if I go the route of air traffic control and get through the tech school +4 years of active duty. Thanks in advance!

I'm awaiting BLC now. I only got out of selection about a week and a half ago. And I got 18C. There's just one dude in charge of making the MOS and language decisions. So if on your dream sheet you can write a compelling reason for the MOS and language that you want then there's a good chance you can get them. If you're after 18D though, you have to score high on the asvab. But if you do and you want 18D they'll give it to you. They base which language you get off of your DLAB score. I scored high enough for category 4 languages and requested arabic so I'm hoping I get it. You dont find out what language you get until further into the Q.

>the military

Other uniformed services are not military, even the CG only counts in times of war.

No, USPHS requires degrees, for instance.

You mean national guard or reserve? Totally worth it IMO if you're a professional with an etablished career. Really breaks up the monotony.

navy seals are GAY

Thx for the reply and congratulations.
What made you choose 18C?
What made you choose Arabic?
Overall thoughts on 18x? I’ll expand on what I mean. The contract has a reputation of fucking people over. But from what you’ve seen and based off the number of 18xs who made it with you, would you say the majority of 18x drips come from simply unprepared cod kids vs the contract actually not doing enough to prepare people fresh off the street. Basically getting at if you prepare properly that someone fresh off the street will have a good chance with 18x.

Have you ever thought that maybe some of us want to die? I don’t really care who I’m killing for as long as I’m dying honorably

>why is the military making me do unnecessary bullshit?
Get used to it fagtron this is going to be your life

What really makes people quit? Is there anything that can condition me for such mental strain?

You need to be incredibly fit. SFAS is a dick down.

You should be excelling in cardio endurance and in strength training

Dude, a lot of us already know.
It's over, one day the Technocrats, Bankers, and (((others))) will make the world an unlivable hellscape. I'm in this for structure, Martial Skills, and being paid to do PT. I cry no tears for our current enemies even if someone is orchestrating our fight against them. It's not about politics. It's about getting some.
If I don't get some no harm no foul I got to be a welfare queen in camouflage. But if I do as long as they aren't the people I don't care who we're dropping there is nowhere else to experience this shit.

Don't join the Army thinking you won't deploy or see combat. I remember in 2016 we had some new privates that were surprised when they found out we were deploying to Afghanistan. Dumbasses thought the WOT was over.

Within a few months the females were pregnant and the males were "suicidal". Don't be one of those faggots.

Even then, you never know when shit will pop off. Oh, and all MOS will deploy in a significant war. Doesn't matter if they need that MOS. They'll find something for you to do.

Not being a pussy is a good start.

A lot of people get in their own heads and ruin it for themselves. Basic is supposed to suck, and it is only temporary. If you just remember that, try to make friends, and enjoy the training (for what it's worth)
you'll be fine.

How fit? Like 100 push ups and five minute miles? I’ve got about two months and I’m in decent shape from landscaping and rock climbing.

>Taking asvab is a few weeks and I scored high on the practice and have been studying hard and running like a madman every morning.
You'll do fine then fren. The ASVAB caps out at 10th Grade, 2nd month. It is an adaptive test since nearly every MEPS site administers a computer test. If it keeps getting harder, that means you're getting them right.

>General Guidelines
- Your subtests (GS, AR, WK, PC, AO, AS, MK, MC, EI) will cap out at 70 except for EI, which caps out at 80. It is possible to score higher if you get everything right.
- The more questions you get right, the harder the questions get. Harder problems are worth more points.
- Your line score cap is about 150 for FY2019. The points modifier is stuck to default since we're not wartime and trying to whip the system to get more folks in. It is possible to score over 150 if you get everything right.
- Your computed VE score (15 PC + 35 WK problems) and your AR score determines your GT score, which is considered a pretty important number since so many MOSes depend on the score. Since you want to go high speed, 18X needs a high GT score.

18X - Special Forces Candidate (FY2019)
- 110 GT
- 100 CO
- US Citizen
- Male
- Eligible for Secret Clearance
- PULHES 111221

Subtest scores range from 20-80. It is possible to score above or below this range depending on the test variant.

- Subtest to Percentiles
80 - 99.87%
75 - 99.38%
70 - 97.72%
65 - 93.32%
60 - 84.13%
55 - 69.15%
50 - 50.00%
45 - 57.93%
40 - 15.87%
35 - 6.681%
30 - 2.275%
25 - 0.621%
20 - 0.135%

Does this matter? Probably not but general guideline is that SF and SOF like picking from the top 10% and there's plenty of high scorers these days.

>t. volunteering tutoring time at recruiter's office while DEPping, no one showed up and now I'm pissed off

Here, free shit. You'll make better use of it than the AFQT failouts.
uniontestprep.com/asvab
4tests.com/asvab

Can someone give me a rundown on the initial MEPS medical visit? Like what all they do.

Can you describe your q course experience?

95 PCSM.

I know it's not enlistment but is anyone else here trying to be a pilot?

Attached: ss (2019-04-02 at 07.49.58).png (149x201, 2K)

Nerd.

grab ur balls and stare at your b-hole

>I know it's not enlistment but is anyone else here trying to be a pilot?
I plan on enlisting in my states Air Guard and then commissioning into a pilot career when I finish my degree

ATC Is extremely stressful, the tech school is difficult and the actual job has the highest suicide rate in the Air Force. Civilian side is worse. They pay decently, but its extremely stressful and you work shitty hours as a civvie. If you can make CC, do it. If you flunk out, you probably won't like it.

came to Jow Forums about a year ago cause was getting more into guns.
decided to check out /meg/ cause had always played around with the idea but felt too old. That was about 3 months ago.
Was just sworn in to the US military at 30. ANG 19D, ship date 9/10/19. I was so grateful and proud I almost cried on the way home, thinking of all the soldiers who had come before me. Just wanted to thank everybody here for their support.
Guess I need to start running now

>has the highest suicide rate in the Air Force
no it doesn't
>Civilian side is worse
depends on where you work

That's good, especially if you want to fly for the unit you're enlisted with. You'll already be familiar with all the pilots(especially if you put extra work into meeting all of them) so they'll be more likely to pick you.

Blood draw, urine sample, mobility test, hearing, vision, psych test (TAPAS), doctor interview and inspection, look at your butthole.

Congrats dude!!!

go to sniper school nerd

We'll see what my unit says. Definitely plan on making expert. Basically my only bucketlist item aside from my overall plan is I want to sit on the door of a blackhawk at least once, so will be pursuing air assault school just so I can it aint me like josh hartnett

Sounds simple enough. I actually already took the TAPAS.

A little worried about the vision test though. I need 20/20 vision but the past few years I feel like my distance vision has gotten worse and I'm not sure I could pass. If not I can always get glasses because it's fine to have corrected 20/20 vision.

>doctor interview and inspection
What does this entail?

That and flight nurse is an option i want to build for if I really want to go heli and use my RN I'll be pursuing through ROTC

I shaved my ass and the old lady didn't even look at it.

>entail
Turn your head and cough, looks in your ears and eyes. Pretty basic.

are you going NG?

I am

I want to go into 35G, do I have to be really smart, or just not be a complete dumbass. Also, can anyone tell me what it's like?

Planning on doing school fulltime as much as I can, gonna go talk to ROTC next week to get a rundown, as well as work arounds for MUTAs and deployments.
Heard they fuck with schooling a lot but I feel confident I can work around it

Know nothing about 35G, but you really don't need to be smart to do any enlisted job. Just not a retard at the most.

Although I guess the mechanical and electronic parts of the ASVAB could be difficult for people without any experience in those areas. Although I doubt they matter for intel.

Guard, local post is for an MP unit. Does that mean I would be an MP automatically or do I still get selected for an MOS randomly? They're looking for cannon cockers and some laundry shit.

35G Geospatial Intelligence Imagery Analyst

>ASVAB
ST101
>PULHES
>Clearance
TS

You don't have to be smartguy but it certainly helps not to be retarded. So long as you score well, you will make it. ASVAB estimated range is 60-70 with 60+ on your GS, PC, WK, and MC subtest scores.

If you meet the 35G autist that considered shitting his pants instead of going to the latrine, may God have mercy on your soul. Include greentext.

>eventually my enlistment will be up and I will have to go to college

Attached: 1540235625532.png (1376x1448, 60K)

Thanks senpaitachi, and will do.

will they find out about unpaid hospital debt? I don't get calls about it anymore cause its been 5 years and credit report websites don't even give me ANY information because of some glitch but the recruiter asked about it and I said I have nothing
would they really only care if I had some stupid bullshit like unpaid boat loans or student loans?

Attached: 1546532003688.jpg (480x581, 65K)

just hide in the enlisted corps for the rest of your life. senior enlisted are happy about where their lives have led them, they are among the happiest in the military.

if i become a military firefighter, whats the chances ill get some kind of advantage alike with joining the police?

being a firefighter is a dream n g l so this is pretty big for me

What MOS has all the edgy fat kids?

Attached: muh rage.png (1080x1476, 159K)

>A little worried about the vision test though. I need 20/20 vision but the past few years I feel like my distance vision has gotten worse and I'm not sure I could pass.
You will score high medical fitness on eyesight. Don't worry about it. It is correctable to 20/20 and they'll give you glasses as necessary.

I chose 18C because my interests and job experience falls under the realm of construction. It's what interests me. And I chose arabic because I'm interested in working in the middle east and my father and family speak arabic.

As far as the 18X contract goes, it is what you make of it. If you come in unprepared and on top of that dont have the drive and discipline to improve yourself on your own you won't succeed. The guys I know that are fit, smart, driven, and good team players got selected. 39% of the xrays that went to my SFAS class got through. All of the guys I thought would get through did. The guys who weren't driven to study or PT on their own did not make it.

Need some advice anons. When I was 18 I was into drugs, ended up ODing and being treated at a hospital. I spent 3 weeks in voluntary rehab then left. I also had drug possession charges but they were dropped (they don't show up on employment background checks). This was a little over 4 years ago and I've been sober since.

If lying about medical history is good, then should I just not mention any of this? The problem is that it is tied to the charges that I faced, but they were dropped and I have a clean record now. Really don't want this to come back to bite me in the ass. Anyone have any advice?

Attached: 1525907151570.jpg (768x528, 78K)

You need to check with your recruiter to see if they can get a criminal record of you on the background check. General guideline is that if you got fingerprinted, you have a record. However, if it's clean and they find nothing, MEPS will probably find nothing either. Their ability to pull records are not as good as they claim when they try to psyche everyone out with threat of jail time.

army and marines don't credit check. if you went to a navy or airforce recruiter they already ran a credit check on you. if someone asks you can always say you forgot since it's been 5 years

>What MOS has all the edgy fat kids?
MOS doesn't matter. They're sick call rangers at BCT waiting for a chapter.

Neat, what would you say the age is on all the 18xs who made it? Any older guys? Prior service?

>army and marines don't credit check
?

I've only just gotten out of selection so I'm not in the q course yet. But from what I know it is getting revamped starting in june and itll only be a year long. 6 months of MOS/SERE/Tactical training and 6 months of language.

I can tell you this though, getting through SFAS is like a rite of passage and once through you get to enjoy big boy rules. We have formations once a day and get to do whatever we want the rest of the day.

unless you need a secret clearance

What were your hold/class up times like?
From once you finished airbonre hole long was hold util you actually started SOPC and how long did you wait after that until SFAS started? And how long until you start Q course?

18Xs definitely bring the average age down. I'd say we average around the age of 23 or 24. We have guys as young as 20 and as old as maybe 35. A handful of prior service guys, mostly marines. There are a few prior service army guys as well.

How hard is it to go ranger after I enlist? Do I have to reenlist to be able to get the chance? I have option 4 on my contract.

The job I want requires a top secret security clearance. The problem is that before I nuked my social life and became a loner, I used to work with and be around petty, vindictive people. I was a retard and dated a girl that I worked with, and my managers hated me. My ex was also friends with the managers. Do they interview former bosses and ex girlfriends? What about cancerous "friends" I decided to cut out of my life? I'm worried they'll lie on me and make me sound like a horrible person. To be fair, I was a lying sack of shit that was worthless, but I realized what I was and worked hard to change. I'm a different, and I'd like to think better person. Am I being paranoid or do I have a genuine reason to be terrified? What happens if you fail a background check? I've worked so fucking hard to improve my life and I'm worried these assholes will try to fuck my shit up.

Attached: 1514166021951.jpg (453x604, 65K)

Hold time varies. I finished airborne on December 14th and got into SFPC Feb 4th. Part of the reason for the long hold was because Holiday Block Leave took up two weeks after airborne. I then finished SFPC on the 22nd and was back at Mackall for SFAS on the 27th. Once you finish the prep course they try to get you to selection as soon as possible.

And as far as the q course goes, I'll either start in june or in September. It's a little back logged because of the new model. So I'll find out later where I fit in, I'm guessing september.

One detail, I have one course to complete before I can start the Q. That's BLC. So some of that waiting time will be spent training, it's not all white space.