3rd Gen Smiths

/K's opinion on them?

I find them criminally underrated, specially the PC and tsw versions, full steel da/sa with better durability and finesse than nu-sig

Attached: IMG_20190116_191027_529.jpg (1280x720, 259K)

Other urls found in this thread:

aimsurplus.com/smith-wesson-model-6904-9mm-pistol
armslist.com/posts/9349353/colorado-springs-colorado-magazines-for-sale--smith-and-wesson-10mm-magazines
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

That the UMBTS pack or RK-ShT-30?

growing up my dads PD carried two diff versions, first the 6906, and then the 4006. To me, this is what a semiauto is supposed to be, prolly why I have a collection of them, and I'm always looking to add
t. owner 4006, 6906, 6904, 5926, 915

umbts from a sh112 complete rig

Holy, those are harder to get than the holy grail, did you sell your first born or what?

Based Ratnik enthousiast.

Attached: 1532210190295.jpg (469x280, 57K)

I wish I could say I have some cherry version, the one I have I got through AIM surplus, they in turn got it from Century, so it's a overseas LEO buy back. It's not to rough and they put the import mark under the dust cover instead of down the side. When I found out about the limited run I ordered it.

It's a really durable piece of gear, specially with all the abuse i have run it through
>Spilled motor oil inside
>had it punctured in one spot from a nail
>thrown in the dirt, mud, water, etc
>bitten by doggo

Also have the little backpack from a sh105. Rest of rig is on strage

How much did you pay? haven't seen one for sale, ever. Police import or not, it's basically what a nu-sig should be.

Wish S&W uncucked and at least made TSW versions again, I'd pay full price for a 5906tsw or 4006tsw nib

>How much did you pay?
AIM had them for $415 I think? And I'm an Ohio resident so I had to pay tax too. I also grabbed one of these at the same time
aimsurplus.com/smith-wesson-model-6904-9mm-pistol

Might order a 6Sh11x vest, but I'm also looking at buying a 6B45/46. Main thing holding me off is the plate pouches on the 6B45 and 6B46. No dimensions are online.

Already got a level 5 demiseason suit, SGL-31, clava and 6B47.

>haven't seen one for sale, ever.
forgot to add, I have seen them once in awhile on Armslist, and a few other sights.

I got the Israeli trade in 915 best $250 handgun I've bought, makarov close second, beretta 92s third

>915
Got this last month for $400, other than the scratch on the frame, it's perfect.

Attached: IMG_20190304_211953.jpg (4032x3024, 3.29M)

6906 was the first pistol I ever fired, other than a .22 of course.

i haven't had much luck lately, will check GB later on

6b45 is gud, have one, as for plate size, i forgot where i read it, but i think xl should fit, since they are the same cut.

I'll take mine to a surplus dealer close to home in a couple weeks and try dif sizes

>frame
meant slide, duur

>i haven't had much luck lately, will check GB later on
that's all you can do is check, right now I have a line on a guy selling FOUR 5906s, all with adjustable rear sight, three of them have the squared trigger guard, one had the rounded, and he's asking less than $400 each. I just have to decide if I want just one......two...

I had a lot of 3rd gens but had to sell some.

I now have a 5906 (op pic), which i'm sending to novak for action job and reliability package. Will try to get a bartso barrel for it, and night sight replacements. have spares, so it should outlive me.

Have a NJ police 4006tsw which i'm also planning on doing same ups

>NJ police 4006tsw
I have a CHP 4006, any time I see some random 3rd gen that is clearly marked as a PD gun, I have to stop myself from buying it

My 4506 is tied with my 39 and 645 for my absolute favorite gun

I'm going to rescue pic related in like a week, once i get back home.

Don't ask me why the seller keeps it like that.

Attached: Resized952019040495160738.jpg (1536x2048, 258K)

>I'm going to rescue pic related
oh god please do. clean her up, get rid of those god awful laser grips too, go back to factory or a nice set of those Hogue grips

A new set of springs, hogue grips would do fine, and perhaps a cerakoting or sandblasting refinishing. Slap on night sights, and good to go.

Owner wants to trade it for a revolver i no longer shoot, so meh

I love them. They're very 90s for good and bad, and I had a 4006 chp for a bit that was a fucking tank.
I'll see if I can get myself a 39-2 and a 5906 with a square guard in the future, hopefully they don't dry up by then.

Attached: don't talk to me or my wife's gun ever again.png (1296x972, 2.73M)

>The Model 645 was introduced in 1985, and produced until 1988
how many of these short runs did smith do? my 5926 was only made from like 1990 to 1993

>that file name

What did you do with that chp?

I had bought it for my dad as a welcome home present and kept it around for a little. We live somewhat close so I can always go check it out and hit up the range with him if I ever wanted to shoot it more.

5905 and 5906 are awesome guns from the "wonder nine" times, after the magazine disconnect safeties have been disabled. The all steel guns are slightly heavier than the M9's, but they will still go toe-to-toe

is this digiflora posting?

Nyet, is only for 3rd gen smiths

Hey dude, you don't respond to emails anymore. I feel bad. I was really hoping to get your new address. Maybe this year? I now have new job at new Jow Forums related place and wish to of make many of Jow Forumsommando happy this year.

3rd gen smiths are great!

Attached: my 1006.jpg (5344x3006, 3.09M)

Can you put straight grips on a frame that currently has curved grips or is it dependent on the frames?

You can swap grips.

3rd gens had swappable backstraps before it was a thing

I would like to get a hold of a 1076 with a 4" barrel. Have seen mags to be prohibitively expensive though

Fucking Tupperware killed 3rd gen smiths.
Glocks be fine, but m&p sucks dick, smith would bring back the tsw ones as a higher end gun

>Have seen mags to be prohibitively expensive though
as cheap as 80 dollars as much as 110 you just gotta look

Gunbroker and ebay are your friend.

digi i know this is you

loads dude

Pretty butthurt that within a year of me getting the 4506, mags started to go way up in price

Attached: 45scropped.png (604x754, 770K)

>m&p sucks dick
How exactly does the 2.0 suck dicks?

imagine what they will cost in another 10 years

1006's used to be like 800 2 years ago and are now approaching 1200 today

I took a gamble on it but ended up really liking my 6904. I think it's cute.

Attached: 20190404_211054.jpg (4160x3120, 3.95M)

this mother fucker is hording them
armslist.com/posts/9349353/colorado-springs-colorado-magazines-for-sale--smith-and-wesson-10mm-magazines

Trigger is ok, not great

Idk, i had the 1.0 in 9mm even with apex trigger i hated it. I prefered to shoot a 5946 dao. It tried too hard to be a glock.
New ones are meh, i like the 2.0 style compacts a bit more. Idk, if i want tupperware i have my glock

>2 1006's 1 1066 1 1076 1 1086

holy fuck I want them all.

I want to get a 3913 Ladysmith. So aesthetic.

Attached: latest[1].jpg (600x466, 158K)

local pawn shop has one that is not branded Lady Smith, they want $599, has the box/paperwork/and 3 mags total, I'm really thinking of doing it

>I prefered to shoot a 5946
someone local has one fore sale, is the double action nice? I've been thinking of getting it, esp after I saw the luckygunner video on the 3953 (which I know I will never find)

i have shot worse, much worse

it's smooth, but a tad long. With it i learned trigger control, unironically would recommend if you can shoot well with it, moving down to SA or strikers, with a few exceptions is cake (looking at you m&p first gens)