Asvab

I got a 51 on the asvab. Am I retarded ?(joining air force )

Attached: 016DBA5B-B7B6-487F-9097-DF8E2856B311.jpg (225x225, 9K)

Yes

Op you should be a caryon eater

You suck. Did you get your line scores? I've got mine on the 11th. Scored a 82 on the little practice one they give you at the recruiting office. Hoping to do better on the real one. Tryna get a job intelligence.

Holy shit lmao. I was born in Alabama and I failed algebra 1 in HS but still got a 93. Just to put things in perspective you are one dumb fuck

Yeah, sorry bud.

Enjoy checking IDs at the gate

But Algebra is fuckin hard man lel

Not at all son, You’re extremely qualified for service in the Marine Corps!

Yes. I failed many classes in school and got a 94. Have fun handing out towels or checking IDs. Also fuck off. Go post on /meg/.

Did they change their standards? When I joined, you needed a 75 to go air force at all.

You need a 50 but you can get waivered all the way down to 30 something.

I got a 99, but i am white. Also sperged our and never joined.

According to this, you're not completely retarded

Attached: Screenshot_20190404-171555_MEGA.jpg (1059x500, 90K)

Got 81, went 03-field. Y E E T

Dont feel too bad Tyrone. When I took mine there was some pajeet girl with a masters degree trying to enlist as an officer. She flunked in the 50's all across her line scores...with a masters degree.

Same but with 94. My recruiter tried to lie and tell me I was going to the brig if I didnt go through with it lol

Higher education is a matter of perseverance, not intelligence.
Every doctorate holder I've ever spoken to has said that it was literally just working at a problem that didn't actually need a solution. Even the stem guy (physics) said his research has no application beyond looking cool.
Higher degrees are just proof that you aren't poor, and can express yourself in written and spoken word.

115, highest score in that office ever....
Failed background check.
Went back to truck driving.
They called me back when they raised age to 40 for a few months.
Too fat and too married for that.
Had your chance in 2004 fellas.

208 here, youre fine huhuhuhuh its great being a zogbot

MacNamara's Morons continues, but it's just normal now.

I remember when my friends and I took it we all got 90-97. So yeah OP you might want to be concerned.

Christ OP, I hope you enjoy either flipping burgers or checking IDs. Try not to leave your weapon at the BX.

Attached: 1404699407500.jpg (384x288, 86K)

I've got a fuck up of a brother who was in the Navy, and the only thing he ever ever did better than me was getting an ASVAB score of 89 when I got an 87 my junior year. I had not much intention to join the military directly out of high school but my senior year I retook it and got a 90 just to beat him and not let him have a single God damn thing over me

>I got a 51 on the asvab. Am I retarded ?
eh, what's your GT score?if that is less than 100, you should just join the Muhreens

You can't score a 115 on the ASVAB. It's scored to 99. It's literally a percentile.

If 115 is your GT score, that's above average but not particularly impressive. GT sigma is 15. That means you're one sigma above the mean so you're higher than 84% of the population. Either you have a very small recruiting office that just opened, or you're forgetting your scores (I can understand why, sounds like it was a while ago). I know a lot of people with GT scores in the 120s and 130s. It's not uncommon at all.

My GT was a 144. For comparison, that was the highest in the entire regiment at the time I was in (my Master Guns looked it up when I EAS'd).

I did shit in every class but algebra are you faggots retarded

>algebra is hard
You gotta be fuckin kidding me.

Welfare queens is right, you retards couldn't get a job doing anything else.

>Joining the Air Force
Yes you are retarded
t. Navy fag

How did you even pass high school?

>(joining air force
Lol, no you're not

>masters degree
let me guess, PolySci? or was it womens studies?

I had a buddy who scored like a 47. He was literally dyslexic and borderline retarded hick

dumb frogposter

Yes, but the people you'll be working with are too, don't feel too bad

IT'S THE CORP FOR YOU FAGGOT

Attached: 1553345053833.png (193x200, 37K)

Yes

Youd be better off as a crayon eater.

I scored a 94 and I left 10% of the test blank because fuck that shit, I'd rather sleep

Future security forces

Attached: air force security forces.jpg (1260x538, 223K)

51 GT? Yes youre retarded. I scored a 124 abd was far from the smartest guy ive run into in the military

Just remembered they score the asvab to 99 when i read another anons post.

You still dumb

I knew a kid in high school that scored a solid 11 on his ASVAB. He studied for the test too, and couldn't believe recruiters were not interested in him

What's the lowest you've heard of someone scoring and still getting 11b?

>65-92 Excellent
Wow, setting the bar low I see

>all these E4's comparing scores as if it matters
Go finish your SSD

Thats comparing your stats to blazed ass hithschoolers who probably fell out on the test. The real average is 90, everybody scores somewhere between 80 and 100.

>11b
Yikes at least get airborne.

Actually man, everyone I worked with had pretty high ASVABs- Im not saying they werent dumb as bricks, they just had good scores

no, you suck. i got a 92.

you are retarded for joining the air force, not the score. the score qualifies you for some jobs. that's all that matters.

>mfw the average person has a 31-49 asvab score

Attached: wojakpep.png (640x712, 13K)

>got a 91
>got recruiting calls for years
>never joined anything
>mfw

Attached: 1404852901769.gif (265x308, 1.95M)

>11b
At least tell him to try and get an 18 series.

51?! Ffs I half assed guessed on it and got a 73

Wow, good job. How many male partners have you had?

>joining air force
not anymore lol

cool, i got a 92. joined the army intelligence corps on active duty. did cool shit, lived in cool places, got paid, got fit, now free college among other things. mfw.

Attached: pepetoast.jpg (788x685, 161K)

yes, but that doesn't matter to the Air Force.

Absolutely. I speed ran the ASVAB in 35 minutes with no prep and got an 89.

You are a very sad individual.

Are you me? Cause I ran through the test in 30 minutes cause I had to take a big shit and scored an 89.

>not getting a 99

that shit was easy. I had recruiters buy me like 50 pizzas my senior year

99 means you probably have an IQ above 140, which is well, well, well above average. You might've considered it easy, but the average person would not.

I was a dumbfuck in hs and got an 86. This retard is a retard. Also, algebra sucks.

That’s horseshit, I got a 99 three times over the course of three years and there’s no way I’m that smart

I personally feel like 130 is about the floor for 99's. I got a 99 in high school and a 98 when I enlisted a few years after high school. I've never had a formal IQ test since 3rd grade so I don't know, but I think I'm around 130 with a small chance of being near 140. I've done some scientific work for the Air Force and have been around some brilliant civilians who must be pushing 160, and have met a few servicemen somewhere in between.

(and yeah other sources are saying it's somewhere in the high 120's)

It scientifically correlates with IQ, user. It's a scientifically designed test. At the very least by getting a 99 you're 120, but chances are you're 135-140.

Other people who score less aren't retarded, you're just smart.

You're slightly less retarded than 51% of the people who took the asvab that day.

The USAF is taking a 51?
FFS they must be hard-up.

Attached: BWBndse.jpg (720x639, 30K)

Yeah it’s pretty bad.
Smallest ever force and shit recruiting.
Low training standards and a lot of Kong’s like OP are coming in.

>kongs
Mongs
But I guess it wouldn’t be wrong to assume op is a nig with a score like 51
Fucking educably retarded.

Got out a while ago on a full med sep.
Saw the wave of stupid coming in the 90's.
Glad I got out when I did.

The requirement is the same for each branch of the .mil.
>b-but the airforce needs brains over brawn!
No. This is something that chairlets tell themselves to help cope with the fact that they are pussies.

God damn, asvab has a correlation with IQ?
I just just thought it was a test to see how retarded you weren’t.
What’s the correlation?
I googled some shit I don’t really understand but some study from the 80’s says I have an IQ in the 120’s based around my asvab score.

You got lucky, man.
According to my dad who is still active the 90’s was the end of the golden era.
I can in during the tail end of high ops tempo to real deployments. I’ve got a couple months before ETS and head home from this bull.
Got any cool stories?

>be me
>retarded high schooler who was unironically natsoc
>decide on taking ASSvab because fuck that SAT shit
>score 55 on asvab, actually tried too but to slow to finish because lel slow as fuck and suck ass at math
> ask two best friends what they got
>31 and 33 respectively
>mfw smarter than my best friends but stupider than the guys I hung out with in my shop (went to technical highschool)
every thing is ok I guess

Attached: 1508054341298.jpg (344x344, 42K)

My dad was a high school dropout, with dyslexia, and still managed to score 94 on his ASVAB. You're retarded.

about 0.85, which is a very strong positive correlation
The ASVAB (and the SAT, like most widely administered cognitive tests, is a valid predictor of IQ, which is a valid predictor of general intelligence)
However, the ASVAB stops being useful for predicting IQ scores around 125+ because the difficulty of the test allows people in that range to max it out.

Crayon eater here
Got a 96
Joined infantry.

Have a friend that scored a 98 and did the same. He's in 29 palms now for his trouble.

>natsoc
>55 on ASVAB

Checks out.

Infantry have a flatter IQ distribution than other MOSs, so you're in the right place

What are the best career fields to aim for, for the respective branches, with OP's score?

Cooks will take him. Maybe arty. Maybe infantry with a waiver, but don't count on it.

This is the most retarded thing I've ever seen. You can't be in the 100th percentile. That isn't how a percentile score works. 99 is max

Attached: 1553824872215.jpg (300x250, 49K)

>93-100 Untrainable

FTFY

>The real average is 90
nice source
>mfw the average person has a 31-49 asvab score
scoring a 50 or above means you're above average

never said I was smart but hey we all make stupid decisions when young

I remember a long time ago being in a ASVAB score thread, and some user mentioned that when he was joining his girlfriend decided she wanted to join as well, so his recruiter gave her a practice test. She got like below a 20. I asked him how he didn't realize she was that stupid, and he said there were little thing, but he just ignored them.

Algebra is more difficult than calculus until you get to partial differential equations.

I knew a guy who failed the ASVAB, and then on his second try cheated by sneaking a calculator in and still only passed with a 32.
I got an 82 and was the same MOS as him, doing the same job, and honestly he's probably a better soldier than I ever was because he's still in, went airborne, and is a an NCO while I was medically discharged after a year of service.

Doesn't make you retarded, it just isn't an impressive score. The ASVAB really measures jack shit. None of it is relevant to your experience in the military.

It's more that intelligence isn't actually relevant when it comes to work ethic and the ability to work hard, which is more important in many, many cases.

Sounds about right to me.
t. 99 ASVAB and 137 on an IQ test as a kid

Im similar. Arizona highschool drop out. By the time l took the asvab l hadnt been school in years and l still got a 92

>he's not an E6 in a purely technical not nco position
I write down the numbers when they tell me to write down the numbers because of my genius GT score. Thanks uncle sam.

makes you really worry about the state of humanity

Algebra is easy

>51
you're barely above average. not retarded, but definitely not a genius. i got an 84.

>Not enlisting as an 11X or 18X

Yes OP, you are retarded and a faggot