Hi Jow Forums, can you identify what kind of knife this is? Or what era it's from? I found it at my local military shop

Hi Jow Forums, can you identify what kind of knife this is? Or what era it's from? I found it at my local military shop

Attached: knife.jpg (4032x3024, 2.27M)

Other urls found in this thread:

usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43930-mk-2-fighting-knife-question/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

>Illiterate

US CAMILLUS is sort of generic and doesnt really depict any specific time frame

US kabar could be made between ww2 and the 90s

I literally have the same knife, US Ontario

fuck off trap

Moar feet pics please

Camillus production Ka-bar, probably WW2
Now post ass

Thats a trap with a kabar

Post feet, fag

so there's no way to know when it's from?

TRAP
ASS

1/2

Attached: AC185AFF-8098-45EA-8B4A-1E0F289EE10E.jpg (800x1034, 176K)

2/2

Attached: 5264FCD8-4ABF-405C-ABE9-01D36682B091.jpg (800x1034, 157K)

Camillus created the kabar for the marines during ww2.

>Not realizing that this was just an excuse to post thighs
Fucking /k sometimes

unless it's a qt boi we don't give a fuck, user.
>messy room
>dirty clothes
>bought a kabar
Actually might be a trap. hm.

It's possible if you have a serial number on it.

I have nothing to do at the moment so I googled for you OP. Found this.

To summarize:

World War Two production by Camillus is marked either U.S.N. or U.S.N. over Mark 2 on the left ricasso and CAMILLUS, N.Y. on the right side. The Marine version is marked U.S.M.C. on the left and CAMILLUS, N.Y. on the right. They can also be marked on the guard U.S.N. over MARK 2 over CAMILLUS, N.Y. or U.S.M.C. over CAMILLUS, N.Y. But all WW2 production is marked either to the Navy or Marines.

When Camillus started production in 1962 , the markings were not specific to a service - therefore they are marked simply U.S. over CAMILLUS, N.Y. until 1974 and U.S. over CAMILLUS after that. The new series of knives made by Utica, Camillus, Conetta, MSI and Ontario are properly called Knife, Combat (Military Specification MIL-K-20227 with a number of minor amendments).

Therefore: Early WW2 marked on the ricasso with maker and service (either USN or USMC) and in 1944 changed to marked on the guard, still with maker and service. Production of these stopped in 1945. When production restarted in 1961 by Utica, all are marked with US over the maker name. Camillus used CAMILLUS, N.Y. until early 1974 then dropped the NY. All of the other makers are simply US over the maker name.

The knife that started this thread, marked US over CAMILLUS N.Y. was made from 1962 to 1974.

If you really want some GOOD information on this series of knives, you MUST have Frank Trzaska's articles in Knife World - they have everything you could ask for.

January 2005 - The Post War Combat Mark 2

December 2005 - The USMC 1219C2 of WW2

January 2006 - The USMC 1219C2 of WW2, Part 2

August 2006 - The USN Mark 2

These articles are really detailed and Frank is well known for his accurate research.

Source: usmilitariaforum.com/forums/index.php?/topic/43930-mk-2-fighting-knife-question/

ITT virgins

real men over in the other thread watchin niggas get got

>then what am I

>watching people die
I'm not 16 anymore, and it's not 2006 anymore user.

>Camillus created the kabar
No they just did the first production run of the MK2, this pattern is old as hell and was extremely common in the US which is why it was chosen. Kabar is just branding anyways, the company currently known as Kabar didn't invent the pattern either.

Attached: 19th century Sheffield bowie knife.jpg (600x223, 26K)

I had the exact same knife in the 1980s, the leather handle has been treated with a type of paint to reduce rot. I used mine to cut a twig off a tulip tree in my yard and the blade snapped off at the grind line just forward of the hilt, they are trash

imagine the smell

Reminder that you will never be a girl op

That is a ka bar
Now go to a gay bar

OP. I know you’re trying to pretend this is a thread about knives but we all know you’re just being a cocktease so POST THAT GODDAMN TRAP ASS

Attached: FA087799-7AD1-4726-9380-B7D6EC3772BA.png (839x778, 778K)

THE DIGITS

WHAT DO THEY MEAN

QUADS DONT LIE

Yes that is called a peniscutter, you should cut off your penis with it

Fuck you the penis makes it better

it looks like a ww2 navy kbar does is say USN on it anywhere? also why are you a trap?

See? I told you Second knife down

oh shit checked

Attached: feinstein.gif (341x376, 1.81M)

go back to 5chan dork

Review your history
Then come back an offer an apology to /k

This is easily one of the worst posts I've had the displeasure of reading. Trap posting is poor form.

Cute clothes