Talk to me about AR15 triggers

Talk to me about AR15 triggers.
The milspec trigger works but the 6+ pound pull and the creep is not ideal. Using this rifle for coyotes and long range target shooting.
There are a lot of different options and I’m not sure what to get. These options include:

Replacement Spring kits to reduce weight
Coated trigger assembly replacements
Drop in triggers
Single stage vs duel stage
Flat triggers or curved triggers

What do you have? What do you like?
No guns head over to the katana thread, your opinions are needed there.

Attached: 395702B3-1B66-4990-BA1F-C6D0FC110515.jpg (1024x683, 84K)

Other urls found in this thread:

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-pa10-enhanced-polished-trigger.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

For target shooting you probably want a 2 stage trigger. I’ve tried triggers from CMC, Timney and Geissele and they are all really good.

I have a La Rue MBT in one of my ARs and its pretty boss

I've got the Geissle SSAE in mine. 2 stage trigger. Absolutely love it

Generally speaking, a 2-stage trigger is best for precision: target shooting, hunting, DMR, sniper type applications.
A single-stage trigger is generally not as precise as a dual-stage, but you can work it faster. Single-stage triggers are usually used for competition where you shoot very fast, e.g. 3-gun. This is also where you see "flat" triggers. Some people prefer them for rapid fire.

changing springs is a bit of a different thing entirely. A lightweight spring is sort of a "poor man's trigger job" but it can also cause problems with misfires. Heavier springs are to correct misfires caused by light primer strikes. I look at it this way: springs are for tuning, or for fixing problems. If you want a better trigger pull, get a better trigger assembly (commonly called a drop-in trigger).

2nding this, it's the gold standard of dual-stage triggers IMO.

Get if you can afford it, otherwise La Rue MBT. They just came out with a flat trigger model if you're into that.

Bang for the buck, CMC are decent

I've heard conflicting thoughts on 2-stage triggers for defensive use. There's another camp that prefers 2-stage over single stage for defense because they are more forgiving under an adrenaline dump, where your hands might be shaking and fine motor control goes out the window in favor of gross motor movement. A light single stage could mean more NDs under stress.

I have a milspec, Geissele SSA, and a JP Precision single stage. SSA is my go-to, it feels comfy as fuck and is crisp on the break.

>where your hands might be shaking and fine motor control goes out the window in favor of gross motor movement
Believing this nonsense.

Attached: 1553226417921.gif (320x240, 2.87M)

I have an SLT-1 and it has minimal takeup and reset (im talking in millimeters here) and has a really crisp and clear break. It also lets you put the safety on ragardless of where the hammer is. I love it for target shooting / hunting

>fine motor skills go out the window
t. someone whos never shot while having adrenaline coursing through you. I have a 3lb trigger on my hunting rifle. As long as you dont run with your finger on the trigger you will never have an issue.

That sounds like nonsense to me.

And I'm not even sure why it would be a concern. Nobody uses single-stage except for a very specfic class of competition shooters, and I'm sure shooters who are that serious have other firearms for HD.

SSAE is my default trigger for all my AR builds, and I've tried an awful lot of them.

If you're paying more than about $100 for a single stage trigger, you're overpaying. I promise you, the JMT Saber is as good as or better than whatever you're using now.

Honestly, milspec AR triggers are so good, though. Creep? Not if your parts geometries are on the money, just a little takeup, a firm 5-6lb break, and a few mm of consistent reset. Next time maybe don't buy the discount LPK made from sintered chinesium.

I haven't tried a wide variety of triggers, but the nicest one I have is the Geissele SD-C. It is a two stage with a flat trigger, really great for target shooting. I think $240 is a bit much but they usually go on sale around Thanksgiving.

Larue MBT is the best trigger you can get for your money, but if price isn't an issue then go for a Geissele, Timney or other high end trigger.

>Larue MBT is better than JMT Saber
wut lol

I have several.
I’ll give you the TL:DR of my experience so far.
JMT Saber Single Stage is great for the money. They run promos for $80 all the time.
SSA-E is the gold standard all other 2 stage triggers are compared to for good reason.
Brownells has a collaboration with Geissele and sells a repackaged SSA-E and S3G for around $120-$150 depending on sales and promo deals.
The S3G can cycle so fast, you would swear it’s full auto. It shits all over memes like binaries and bump stocks.
Be careful, noobs will likely ND or inadvertently fire a 2 shot burst with it untill they get familiar with it.
The Brownell’s Geisseles are the best deal for your money in my opinion

Folks can say what they want about Bendy Bill and all that shit, but Geiselle triggers are excellent. They have a huge variety as well.

The National Match DMR is the best AR trigger I have used. Not necessary for a standard AR build, but for an SPR/DMR build I would highly recommend.

Wilson Combat triggers are superior in every single way and you can get them in single and 2 stage.
They're made of better steel, have a better finish, a better retention system, drop in installation, strikes the primer harder, have a drop safety false sear, and they're cheaper to boot.
Gayslee buyers are delusional retards who fall for marketing every time, both for their triggers and their shitty handguards.

I have a POF single stage in my 308 build. It is definitely a good trigger, I'm sure right there with the JMT Saber. But I can tell you the National Match DMR trigger blows them away. Certainly not needed for a standard AR, but must have for a precision build.

Attached: 20151217_142724.jpg (1161x2064, 615K)

I have an ALG ACT in one of my lowers and it has a noticeably nicer break than the mil-spec trigger in my other lower. Haven't used it enough to see if there are any drawbacks to it but I'm perfectly comfortable with either.

have you tried......

>binary

Attached: asianpepe.jpg (793x801, 162K)

>There's another camp that prefers 2-stage over single stage for defense because they are more forgiving under an adrenaline dump
>falling for Geissele marketing
2 stage triggers are slower than single stage for repeated shots on semi-auto, even if you pull through both stages hard. They are just mechanically slower than single stage.

The milspec was designed so double digit IQ retards don't ND on the regular. For civilians, it's personally preference. I prefer single stage because I can comfortably ride the trigger during potential combat situations. It's hard to do that with 2 stage because both stages separately are too light.

Finally, milspec triggers are so reliable. It's one less thing to think about.

I prefer the 6lbs milspec pull weight on my HD AR and I even have the NYPD trigger spring in my carry Glock to bump up the pull to 8 lbs.

You don’t need match grade target shooting triggers for defense and if you can’t hit a man sized target with any trigger you’re useless as a shooter and need to git gud. Every pull of the trigger in a legitimate self defense situation needs to be 100% deliberate.

Don't be a fudd with the NYPD trigger. Stock triggers are heavy and safe enough. Most important, extremely reliable.

Get a Geissele (SSA-E is the catch-all) or Larue MBT. If you're on a budget, get a ALG QMS. I have the QMS in 4 of my 5 ARs and the SSA-E suits my ACOG'd middy perfectly.

>Geissle SSAE in AR10
>Geissle Single Stage 3.5lb in Recce
>Hiperfire 24c in 11.5 build 2.5lb single stage

In all honesty I picked up the hiperfire because it was in local shop and was 1/2 off due to them trying to get rid of it, but it is actually a great trigger. If I had bought it first I would have never bothered with the Geissle. Hiper is a bitch to install though.

The extra weight takes just a little practice to get used to but I prefer the feel of the NY trigger. It feels crisper and more positive. I know it's hard to believe but you just have to try it out to know what I'm talking about.

BTW I too laughed at the absolute state of the NYPD when I heard they were forced to use heavier triggers for their duty pistols.

I can pull a 10lb double action HK trigger, but 5lb is enough for glock, which is much faster than HK btw. Sometimes speed matters too.

I have a CMC flat faced trigger

2lb take up / 2lb break

I absolutely love it and it was slightly cheaper than a Gellette and I am not "advanced" enough to tell the difference in all honesty

Attached: trigger.jpg (500x400, 21K)

Does anyone make triggers as light as aftermarket Remington 700 triggers but for ARs?

Pic rel, it's 0.25 lbs

Attached: R70-SRB-02-TNP_1_grande.jpg (545x600, 19K)

I have one of the Timneys in my 300blk. It is a joy to shoot. Stupid easy to install.

Try this:

1) Polish your trigger and hammer. You can also buy a polished nickle-plated trigger kit from PSA for $30.

palmettostatearmory.com/psa-ar15-pa10-enhanced-polished-trigger.html

2) Drop a JP #3.5 trigger spring in. I think they cost about $10.

3) Apply a little anti-galling copper based grease to your trigger group and the pins that hold it in place. Again, about $10-$12.

This will give you a single-stage trigger that is clean and slick and very very nice, without spending hundreds of dollars.