.410/.45lc Revolver General

Alright so im thinking about buying a Judge or Governor. Anyone have any experience with ethier or anyone ever use one in self defence/ Tyrone removal?

Attached: judge-vs-governor.jpg (640x640, 71K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=7bLonprIWm4
lehighdefense.com/45-colt-judge-governor-220gr-maximum-expansion-ammo
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Attached: do this.jpg (310x163, 14K)

Don't buy the judge if you like having hands. These are more for fun than serious defense so if you don't already have a self defence handgun don't buy either one of these.

Just don't. The spread from the .410 shells is hilarious and 45LC is obsolete. Get a .357 and stop being a tard.

Attached: costanzabot.jpg (890x890, 327K)

>*crack* yep, aint nothin better for avertin carjackers *sips*

Attached: b2c.png (1000x861, 259K)

What the fuck is that font on the judge, is that real?

Yes, I see many of them in the used section of my lgs

you are stupid and the only reason to buy one of these is if you have a lot of snakes to shoot.

OP here I like the .45lc doesn't seem like its underpowered. My Granddad taught me how to shoot using his Colt SAA in .45lc he also had to defend him self twice using it once in his home and again he was mugged. First time in 1996 two DidentDos broke in while he was in his basment, put one in the first ones head and two more into the second ones chest both where dead when EM showed up. Second time in 2011 he and my Grandma were out late at the bar and a Mexican came up and put a Glock in Grampas face and told him to give him his silver or he will get lead. So my Gramps tossed his wallet over on the ground when the Mexican when to grab it Gramps shot him twice and again guy was dead before EM could get there.

Attached: 1555105687959.jpg (251x249, 11K)

I wanna cheap.357 recommend me anything

A Judge filled with birdshot is the patrician's choice

>telling lies on the internet

Laugh all you want you stupid bitch babies. Don't give a shit if I get made fun of for being a boomer, I think the results speak for themselves. OP go ahead and get one.
youtube.com/watch?v=7bLonprIWm4

I own a Governor and several Judges of various types. Here's my take.

If you want the most basic configration then the Governor is your best choice. It's better quality, fit-and-finish than the Judge models. The Governors also come with night sights, the trigger is better as well. And should you need it, Smith has far better warranty service.

That said, the Judge is available in a ton of different variations which the governor is not. If you want a long barrel, 5- or 7-shot cylinder, or the ability to chamber 3" magnum shells there are Judge variants which do that.

Pick what configuration you want first. If that's a 6-shot, shot barrel, 2.5" chambers then get the Governor, no questions asked.
If you want anything different from that, get the relevant Judge model.

I use 5-shot short barreled stainless Judge as my snake gun when I go fishing or am out doing yard work. I keep a governor, loaded, in my office desk drawer.
The rest are for fun and range blasting.

OP here. This is exactly the kinda ammo i was thinking about putting through it. If anything even if they dont go down with one shot it will deffenetly feel like hell doing anything after getting hit with one of those

Attached: 220gr-45-colt-maximum-expansion-ammo-lehigh-sefense-sku-01451220S_2048x2048 (1).jpg (2000x2000, 204K)

There are some gr8 loads designed specifically for the judge. Brilliant choice really. I would carry the fuck out of a public defender.

If any other company came out with the same design there would have been SO MUCH MORE SUPPORT....

get the governor I've had mine for years night sights are decent and a extra round over the judge is good also its a smith so it will go up in value for being an obscure revolver in the future I bought mine for 450 new now they are close to 800 so I guess it paid off

If you buy a special form of ammo then the Judge/Governor could theoretically be worth it. It's a straight copper projectile for .45LC that's the same length as a .410 shotshell and it leaves a fucking horrifying wound channel and is moving fast as fuck. Ammo is pretty accurate too since the jump to the lands isn't 10 miles long. Stockpile these if you own one and don't want to be laughed at.

lehighdefense.com/45-colt-judge-governor-220gr-maximum-expansion-ammo

Other than that they're meme guns.

No tyrone defence experience yet.

Good:
>fun range toy
>shoot three calibers and compare how they feel to shoot
>.410 lobs a lot of lead down range
>bragging rights

Bad:
>expensive to buy and shoot
>heavy cylinder
>difficult to eject .410 not meant for handguns
>some .410 ammo have goofy tolerances and primers don’t get hit hard enough to fire

Attached: B79C90FA-4A7C-4B1C-84ED-248BEB8423F8.jpg (4032x3024, 2.32M)

Agreed in general, but you are ill informed about the capacity. Depending on the model the judge holds 5, 6, or even 7.

Yes, that was posted above.

It looks like the font that black people put on funeral shirts

Big if huge

I have a Governor and hunt grouse with it. I have shot all 3 rounds through it, pic related 45acp, 45lc, .410, and they all seemed to kick the same. I just didn't like that if you look through the sight and line up the sights it shoots low.

Attached: IMG_1623.jpg (1440x1080, 383K)

Those long cylinders look goofy as fuck

Attached: 1544045602004.jpg (600x856, 74K)

410 is pretty much useless because if you intend to use a gun in self defense it's likely you could subdue someone with it but you will not disable someone else who is armed
45lc will do damage though so it's not a useless pistol.

r8 of the circuit judge ?

Anyone have any real stories or tales of people using this in defence?

Attached: DeepFryer_20190401_212713.jpg (1439x2661, 283K)

If you're looking at a Governor, go ahead and spring for a Raging Judge. 6" barrel, 6 shot cylinder, and .454 Casull compatibility make it a beast, plus it looks like it was ripped straight from anime and the model name isn't in Comic Sans.

Attached: 118244.jpg (880x660, 31K)

Op here again how realistic would it be to try to buff out/ possibly remove the awful writing on the Judge barrel in Comic-sans?

Attached: Taurus_Judge_2-441031T_L.png (2400x1366, 874K)

Ruger

It will not look good. I had to sand down the corner of my Raging Bull's front sight so it didn't shear the leather out of the holster on draw and just sanding down that tiny little section made it into a pronounced eyesore.

One I shot #4 buckshot out of a S&W Governor (not mine) at a rusted metal barrel, didn't make it through the back end with 3 or 4 rounds hit at 5 yards.