Why do so many people not like the M1A/M14?

Why do so many people not like the M1A/M14?

oh yeah, it's because it's outdated unreliable garbage designed to also fire full auto like a BAR but lacks the modern ingenuity .

Attached: 1544310559674.jpg (1000x405, 103K)

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=176&v=z0-3OQsnR-w
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mby4hOq-DpI&t=219s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

lol seething

he isn't wrong. look at that thing, it belongs in WW2.

youtube.com/watch?time_continue=176&v=z0-3OQsnR-w

Just settle with a AR15 ffs

The open receiver is a significant drawback of the M1 Garand and its relatives the M14, M1A, M1 Carbine, and Mini-14. Coupled with other design shortcomings like the dog-legged operating rod and lack of anti-pre-engagement mechanism, the M1A has something of a “perfect storm” of features that make it especially susceptible to failure from exposure.

M1A, now that was a gun.

Attached: 1535628008243.png (1000x861, 259K)

5 replies, 2 posters - so basically this whole thread is one autist who keeps replying to himself about how much he hates the M1A.

Attached: AD60B410-3E00-437F-9DCE-3EA4127D9B75.jpg (639x631, 61K)

except my post

Attached: Screenshot_2019-04-15-01-56-52.png (1080x2160, 336K)

>be inna'nam
>get new rifle
>some black plastic rifle
>so far its cool, light, low recoil, self cleaning
>get into firefight
>ofuk
>see VC
>hehnothinpersonalkid.gif
>click
>wut
>rifle doesn't work
>gook sees me
>die
The AR15 is, to this day a dumpster fire of a rifle, the only reason it got selected was because of Colt paying LeMay.

I need a self cleaning rifle. I am running out of WD-40.

yes
you can find him in the other m1a thread and now he's decided that this is a good way to farm (you)s
he'll never post guns or anything useful
he's even resorted to copypasting his own posts from other threads.

Attached: 1553790069747.jpg (306x276, 22K)

t. unfortunate user of the XM16E1 (the Ordnance Corps' attempt to sabotage the SCHV program)
The M16A1 turned out fine sans 20-round magazines and the only issues since are because of the fucky trigger and shitty M855 introduced with the M16A2

>this much no guns in one post

check em. based hitler quint of truth. but how do we know you're not just OP?

Attached: images.jpg (221x228, 9K)

So the Mini 14 threads have evolved into M14 threads I see

>M1A owners in one picture

Attached: 1554199531497.jpg (352x343, 26K)

Can't argue with digits like that senpai.

>steals your GF.

sup

Attached: cetme.jpg (638x425, 72K)

This thread has been posted like twenty fucking times in the last 2 weeks. The M14 platform is not optimal. Despite that fact it is still fun to shoot and some people find it to be a very sexy rifle. I'm not a huge 1911 fan, but I also don't let boomer fudds ruin entire weapons platforms for me. There are definitely worse guns out there, but its far from the best.

the m14 is the boomer 1911 of rifles?

because im not a raging faggot. just normal faggot.

>cetme
i dont think so bud.

you can count the number of times on 1 hand. this thread is just b8. let it die.

Attached: 1554831102836.jpg (640x791, 66K)

>t. m14 owner

You can't just sweep your shame under the rug that easily

Attached: 1551576445172.jpg (960x925, 217K)

Imagine being so asshurt that people still like a gun you think is awful and pick on you for owning a PTR.
t.FAL owner.

>Semi-only CETME and not a real-deal giggle G3
Uh huh.

Attached: E237C245-53EB-4BA3-A324-BA45A20E398D.jpg (1536x2048, 387K)

It's overpriced for what it does.

what does it do?

jam

t. noguns

>dem exposed receivers are gud

t.boomer fudd

>dem exposed receivers are gud
no one said this

quick post your guns!

after you, as I'm not making any claims here. you are
spoiler: i have an m1a

great! Even more of a reason you should post it.
also owning something that jams is still something that jams my dude.

Spoiler alert; every gun can and will jam.
Every machine can and will fail.

just the M1A more so because of its antiquated design.

waiting on guns

Attached: 1554189557161.gif (500x500, 1.95M)

Not as much as you seem to think it does.

Tell us how the M14 hurt you user!

Was it below the belt?

Pretty sure that’s the Garand.

We had this thread for the 4th time. You already know why people don't like the M1A/M14. Stop spamming this shitty thread.

see

m14 is a subpar battle rifle. Why do people even bother defending it? Is it because those people own it?

It's not a bad rifle at all, but yeah it would belong in WWII, not the Cold War. Like shit, how did it take them so long to think of adding a removable magazine to the M1? Even the Italians were faster than them at the task.

>Shit quality spaniard CETME
>Not the evolved and polished G3A3

Fuck off

Damn. Does summer break start in April in Vietnam?

And yet still better than the FAL

>M14 - adopted 1957
>BM59 - adopted 1962

Attached: applebees.png (263x262, 79K)

wood is aesthetic af

Only once you post boipucci.

it's not a bad rifle, but it certainly isn't the best.

>Jow Forums is making fun of the M1A again

When will the bullying stop? I just want to enjoy my gun.

Attached: 184719047141.jpg (800x450, 50K)

Just ignore the samefagging nogunz incel.

cope

Attached: nice.png (990x656, 1.15M)

>t. triggered nogunz incel

This site's autism never fails to impress me.
Nice get btw

>Getting upset over a 1940's rifle that was designed for the Korean war.

LMAO

The best thing to come out of the M14 was it spurred the research and release of the M16.

Cheer up buddy.

>that pic
im sorry but uh...what video was this?
i did a double take on that one

Attached: eyes14.jpg (500x258, 22K)

The garand was equally a gigantic POS, but it's failures are covered up with "muh greatest battle rifle"

>it was heavy
>it would beat itself to death if using anything but m1 ball which is a reduced charge loading of 30-06
>complicated as fuck compared to every other rifle fielded in ww2 with multiple small parts
>completely open action
>not very accurate and the front sight will wobble once the rifle wears further impeding on it's inaccuracy.

it is shit, 8 rounds is the only thing going for it.

>it's heavier than my ar
>it wasn't designed to use ammo from the future
>it's more complex than boltguns

2/10
Too obvious

>Getting upset over a 1940's rifle that was designed for the Korean war.
Literally OP.

>>it wasn't designed to use ammo from the future
it wasn't designed to use ammo of the time, the rifles were blowing up when shooting m1 ball, which is superior to m2 ball in every single way.

m2 ball exists because the garand cant handle m1

dude boomer fudds lol

I'm not entirely sure what you mean by open action. It's closed, unless open for loading or reciprocating, kind of the same as all service rifles at the time. And a self loading rifle is obviously more complicated than a bolt action? This is just a really stupid post, honestly.

Maybe read up on shit first?
The Garand was designed to shoot M1. It was made before M2 ball was even available for testing.
M1 was made because machine gunners wanted the extra range the "French" bullet gave. M2 was designed to be a shorter range round like M1906 so machine gun safety zones could be smaller.

>M2 was designed to be a shorter range round like M1906 so machine gun safety zones could be smaller.

they throw away a boat tailed ballistically superior round because they are worried about safety on the firing range? That's bullshit, they came up with m2 ball because the rifles were blowing up with it.

thats like how the army tried to blame stoner for the M16E1 failing horribly when their ordnance core wanted to use the wrong power, not chrome the chamber, and not issue cleaning kits.

if any mud gets on top of the bolt (which is completely exposed) it's going to pull all that gunk in when fired and jam it up real fast.

>below the belt?
That is a common place to store a wallet...
Just saying.

Don't get globs of mud in the action of my rifle? What a goddamn epiphany! Fuck you're stupid.

The first 50k garands were also hugely unreliable like the originally m16, 7th round stoppages were frequent and it was so bad they had to seize production and garand had to fix his failure, they had to modify the design and receiver to make it work, the m1 was a failure out of the gate.

If you ever happen to be so lucky and come across a 1-50k garand you can see where they updated the design and receiver on the left rail, rifles 1-50k either had to be scrapped or fixed, what they did was weld the fix in.

I wonder how many died in the pacific from sand and in europe, of course they wont admit this figure because muh battle rifle.

>mfw the inevitable gun ban comes the AR's will be illegal and my M1A will still be okay.

Sucks for you Cowadoody kids. I'll still be able to shoot guns.

Attached: 1555383294212.jpg (414x419, 24K)

>just dont get it dirty bro

*gets shelled with mud and sand flying all over the place in huge chunks*

fuck my rifle stopped working, let me just completely separate the rifle from the stock and take the half dozen small parts apart and clean it out in the middle of this firefight.

I would bet dollars to donuts that I've read more firsthand accounts and memoirs of WWII soldiers that this just isn't the case. Bet you haven't even touched With the Old Breed, which is the most basic toe-dipping on the Commadandant's reading list.
Have you even handled the rifle? Because I own three. If an artillery shell causes large chunks of mud to go into the closed action of the loaded rifle, then I am already fucking dead.

You people are retarded.

And which rifles were blowing up?
The 1903s firing bad M1906 ammo.
Read the sources before commenting with stupid shit.

...because gun grabbers will stop at ar's.

>WEAPONS
>OF
>WAR

Why you got it on safe? You some kinda gay boy?

I too read from the Commnadandindant's reading list.

ps - I agree with you. M1A scout FTW

7.62mm, FULL METAL JACKET

lol ok pumpkin

This will beat any AR out there. And it's been battle proven. The M1A SPRINGFIELD (same people who made the 1911) the most accurate 3O8 in existence. I can reach over 200 yards with this baby, easy. This version is the SOCOM and is used by special forces, thats why the shorten barrel length for CQB. the perfect mixture of close quarter badass and sniping.

When will AR nerds learn?

Attached: AA9626_1200x3061.png (1200x306, 219K)

>Bet you haven't even touched With the Old Breed,
I have, doesn't mention the M1's reliability at all which makes sense since he was a mortar man who touched once twice in his entire carrier.

>And which rifles were blowing up?
M1's were blowing up when firing m1 ball.

FAL is better

It might be the mini-14 spammer, his autism has evolved.

ironically the mini14 is better designed than the m14

I dig em but here's why this guy doesn't
m.youtube.com/watch?v=mby4hOq-DpI&t=219s

I shot one of these at my local range in .308. While it was good to shoot I feel like the pricetag for it is massively over priced. New ones cost you around $1900. which isnt worth it when a $600 bolt action rifle will do the same.

just postin my rifle

Attached: IMG_4047.jpg (1956x1363, 1.15M)

>$600 bolt action rifle will do the same thing as a semi automatic rifle
I'm not disputing that the M1A and M14s in general aren't pricey, but this is retarded.

Right on brother. Did me well in country, wouldn't use any other rifle.
I don't shoot to wound, I shoot to kill.

Semper Fi
One Shot One Kill
USMC 0111 1988-1990
MCRD San Diego - A Co. Plt 0583
Oorah

yeah maybe, i think it's a couple guys. the mini 14 thread up atm is not that bad in the OP desu. dumb, but reasonable.

in what way?
the mini14 is similar in that's just a fun rifle but also, in the end, overpriced for the package you're getting if you want sheer efficiency these days.

chris's faults are with the govt more than anything. To him it was a lot of investment for a marginal upgrade. He's also a huge fan of the AR, and he's an expert on it as far as I'm concerned.
However he's not going around saying people shouldn't buy m14s because of their faults, just that it had no business being made with all of the problems involved.

>$1900
wtf? Where do you people get these prices?
Try $1200 brand new, and while still expensive, you're essentially buying an expensive toy just like when you buy a FAL or PTR91. Both of which are only slightly cheaper than a standard M1A.
I'll grant though M14s can get stupid-ridiculous but people do pay up so whatcha gonna do?

neat but what's with the stock? What exxactly is this?

this is a modified scout with a USGI birch stock

my first thought was scout but something about the pic makes it look even shorter.
thanks

Attached: 57187625_636856130093929_8348942735775891456_n.jpg (600x416, 29K)

>16" SOCOM.

hehehe

Attached: 1540881691160.jpg (258x245, 12K)

thats an 18" barrel

meme rifle

do you maintain the stock yourself or did it come like that?

>muh 3" flash hider means it's a barrel.

Attached: 1539794210127.jpg (498x550, 35K)

wow you really are retarded

You either wear clown shoes or that rifle is a mini14 in disguise