Boring BAR

What is Jow Forumss consensus on Browning’s BAR hunting rifle? Is it accurate? Reliable? Etc? My dad wants to get one for the sake of it being a semi automatic “hunting” rifle, but I don’t want him to make a shitty choice.

Attached: 8F2A9C04-B19C-4E6D-9130-2D01BAA8AF0E.jpg (835x134, 16K)

What? That's not a BAR goofy

looks cool

It’s a self loading hunting rifle that browning sells, they just named it the BAR cause I don’t know.

tell the fucking boomer to buy a normal battle rifle like a FAL or an AR-10 like everyone else with more than a handful of brain cells

A fudd tried telling me that a Browning BAR would outshoot my X-Bolt medallion.

I hear they are nice and I think they look classy af. About all I can say though.

I wanted .338 win mag for reasons and like semis so BAR.

Attached: 1215171806a~4.jpg (1428x3496, 819K)

Do white people really do this?

lol
they work but it is what it is. not sure if you can get larger mags for it or that you could get reasonable follow up shots with full rifle calibers like 30-06 and no muzzle brake with a lighter gun

if he wants one just fucking get him one. a lot of firearm buys are emotional, not needs. If he feels good looking at it and shooting it, then the rest doesn't matter.

They're good quality rifles.

Blame FN's marketing department, they opted to call it the Browning Automatic Rifle.
They should obviously have called it the Browning Automatic Sporter or something.

You can get 20rnd mags.

pix

Google it, I just remember seeing 5, 10, and 20rnd mags on an armslist ad for one a while back.

Are you sure you're not thinking of the 1918 BAR? Different guns.

>5 round mags for a 1918
for what purpose

My dad had one for like 4 months said it was a piece of shot

Cuck states exist. Maybe someone is rich enough to afford a BAR in one of them and wants to stay within the law.

The BAR is going to do you much better than a Remington, since those are jam-o-matics.
I have to say that I like the looks of the Mk2 / BAR Safari better than the new ones. They just look off to me.
is right, though. .338 Magnum or bust.

Attached: browning_bar_f_ode.jpg (745x420, 233K)

From Belgium, assembly in Portugal. Whatever is white to you buddy.

>implying so and so is white
Spotted the kike

I want you to sit down and really think about what you're saying here.

They sell them with 20rd box mags and I'm 18" 6.5lbs versions. The FNAR is literally a box mag BAR. Why bother commenting

It's on the goddamn website

>RN50
Am jelly

Shot my friends BAR in 7mm Rem Mag, was nice, ammo was expensive for what it is, we are in CA unfortunately, so 7mm is a little overkill for most game here, what state are you OP?

Mine has the baseplate of the mag as part of the gun. I could not find a way to do an extended detachable mag.

I think you mean the FNAR.