Nics blows

This is bullshit. Why is this not instant? Why the fuck did I have to wait for 1.5 hours at my ffl only for them to close and have to comeback later?
Had 4 lowers and a handgun.
I’m a permanent resident if it makes a difference but the last like 3 times I’ve bought gone I had to wait like this. I think the last time I bought a gun was 10 months ago, what are they doing then? Last time I waited for an hour too, why is it so long this time? WHY ISNT IT INSTANT!

Fuck trump, I know this shit is because of him. In 2016 and early 2017 I didn’t have wait at all, I went to my old ffl and got out within 15 minutes.

Attached: E0196307-F407-405F-83B6-181D6A49D569.gif (700x906, 76K)

it is instant, unless your name is dirty.

do you have a criminal history or something? mine has never taken more than 15 minutes and i consider that unusually long.
picked up a gun last week, even.

If you live in a state like Florida or Illinois where NICS checks first go through your state law enforcement (FDLE for example), it takes a while. In other states where background checks go straight to NICS it's instant, especially if you are a FFL and call them directly and the agent can give you a yes/no answer immediately.

>call them directly
my last three buys have been don on computer, I hadn't even finished counting the money when they told me I was all set and could take my gun.

Your government is paid (by you) to assume you're a criminal until you prove you're not

>picked up a gun last week
but OP is picking up 5

>WHY ISNT IT INSTANT!
it pretty much is though unless you're in a fag state

>tfw I have a unique name so I always pass fast.

Attached: 1509851373393.png (1000x1000, 996K)

Sometimes there are system errors so I find calling to be the best. Depending on what time of day it is, calling can be faster. Most of the time computers are faster but the customers tend to fuck up computer forms a lot more for some reason. Guess people simply can't type for shit.

Daily reminder NICs is unconstitutional

You can have a bog standard generic name of John Johnson or some stupid shit and get checks instantly so long as you put down your SSN.

same

Attached: ror.png (700x440, 150K)

>multiplies my time by 5
i'd have been there 30ish minutes then.
op said
>but the last like 3 times I’ve bought gone I had to wait like this.
i assume gone = one. and he waited an hour.
it's not that he bought 5 guns this time.

Federal Government: Instant
California: Come back in 10 days

fuck this place

>michigan
>noguns buying first gun
>get handed form
>"user we need to do a federal background check, fill this out."
>fill it out, hand it back
>"How long does that ta-" "Done, you're good to go"
Feels good, man.

>paying in cash
Good goy.

I imagine sometimes people come up dirty on a background check because their identity is mistaken for someone else with the same incredibly common name.

I had a friend who was almost denied a job because someone with the same name from the same city was convicted for the distribution of controlled substances. Whoops. What a setback that was.

Don't live in a point of contact or partial point of contact state then.

I did buy 5 guns this time. It’s going on a single 4473
Also
I’m in a state where it goes through the state and not nics
My name is unique
I’m not a criminal, don’t have any sort of criminal or mental record
Also, I’m a Russkie so I’m assuming this is trump going hard on muh Russia and muh immigration at the same time which is why the wait times have gone up to these bullshit levels.

Western Pennsylvanian here. My FFL usually has it done before I even walk in the door. On the occasion it's not, we're talking 2 minutes tops. When I got my license to carry firearms, the background check was literally instant.

I know two guys like that, one is Irish and another is Hispanic. The Irish one has the same name as an IRA guy and the Hispanic has the same name as a minor drug lord. Both always get hassled at the airport. At least until recently when they apprehended the minor drug lord.

I have mine done and it took like 3min so I don't understand.

I used to have that too.
Old ffl
Gets gun, send him my info, he calls ahead(new ffl doesn’t call ahead says you can’t do that)
Went there to fill out the 4473
Picked up gun

>the last like 3 times I’ve bought gone I had to wait like this
Generally if you get pinged once like that it'll happen every time.

I've gotten used to it for me. With a last name of Smith and a common first name it's kind of inevitable that I share names with someone who is on the no-no list. Delay for me is generally 15-45 min.

lol ive put the wrong city i was born in twice and correct anothet time and always passed because i thought i was born in the wrong city

Hah, my friend is Puerto Rican. His dozen last names are unique but his first last name is extraordinarily common. He gets denied car loans and whatnot

If he's anything like my Puerto Rican friends there's probably legitimate cause for denial

plebs, mine goes through instantly, when i do them i can guess by the name if they get there getto blaster, is your name sasqusia de latrine

Get a CCW permit and skip the background check

>get arrested for some shit even though I dindu nuffin
>charges eventually dropped and get my record expunged
>still get a hold every time now
ahem
fuck the fbi and fuck the atf

The longest I have ever had to wait for results is 15 seconds.

I picked up a lower last week on my lunch break and it took all of 3 minutes to come back, barely had time to glance around the shop.

You're not a citizen so you should be forced to wait 30 days and be heavily vetted. Be thankful you only have to wait one. I don't care what country you come from.

>Permanent resident

This might be the cause, I've never had to wait five minutes for an NICS check to clear unless multiple checks were being done one one call, and even then it wasn't much more. Shit, even with the extra bullshit in my state to get a handgun it still didn't take 15 minutes.

t. WAfag and natural-born US citizen.

>Fuck trump,
Another quality post brought to you by these fuckers.

Attached: idiots3.png (618x412, 365K)

>I’m a permanent resident
What country?

That's not how it works with an ffl.

That is how it works on a 4473 they use the cwp as the background chk instead of letting uncle sugar decide if you get your right to self defense
T. guy who does them every day

is in NV

friendly reminder, trump signed the anti-2nd amendment bumpstock ban and celebrated it. and the "conservative" supreme court upheld it. There's your precious Trump in action. btw, how to like that BIG BEAUTIFUL WALL on the border? oh wait.....

>literally never waited more than 5 minutes for a NICS check

Consider yourself lucky, at least you don't have to wait 10 days.
>t. Californian

>the "conservative" supreme court upheld it
Not to justify anything but what they did was deny a stay on the ban while it's being litigated, there is not yet a final decision on if the ban is OK. Sadly we have a probably couple year long series of cases to find out the final status on this.

>russkie

so do the NICS and CCW applications operate on the same principles as the military?
Taken from their general in their phrasing,
>LIEING ABOUT MEDICAL HISTORY = GOOD >LEIING ABOUT CRIMINAL HISTORY = BAD
Of course, in practice you should absolutely never lie to the government, they have your best interests at heart.

I don't believe you know what you're talking about. I work at a shop that sells about 300 guns a week and calling is literally never faster than the online system we use. I get a result within 60 seconds unless the internet is fucked or your name is dirty. I've only ever had to call in 10 or 15 checks when our internet was down and every time it has been a 10-30 minute affair.

>This might be the cause
This is the cause. Every green card holder I sell a gun to gets instantly delayed. They usually get a proceed the next day though.

Why yes it is. You fill out the 4473 and he hands you the gun.

generally no. what's there to even lie about?

> Of course, in practice you should absolutely never lie to the government, they have your best interests at heart.
Was that sarcasm?

Attached: 1469106866759.jpg (186x306, 18K)

>accidentally named after a shitty president
>nobody would name their kid this on purpose since around 1970
>even if they did, mine is spelled slightly differently so I get NICS'd in like 10 minutes being one of around 3 people with this name

NICS is fine, how do you take that long?

Always instant for me, I never put that shit down.

Attached: 1550975683851.gif (379x355, 507K)

>tfw have a somewhat standard name
>for some reason it only been used by one other person in the US who is 20 years older than me and female

It pretty much is instant. I bought a Mauser hi power clone Tuesday, and filled the paperwork out as my lgs doesn’t have the eforms available. After finishing the paperwork and giving it to the guy I didn’t even make it through the used gun rack before it came back

The FBI is monitoring it and using it for gang stalking.

FYI the background check in CA is still instant. They make you wait 10 days specifically because fuck you.

This really depends on the state.

Some states just use the federal system. This is virtually instant, maybe a minute or so as there maybe some system lag. Simply the server is a little overtaxed and may run slow for a few minutes. As I understand it most states just opt to use the federal system alone.

Some states have their own system or a system that is in between the federal and the FFL. This can cause a little more or a slow down, but nothing more than a few minutes. PA is an example of a state that does it this way.

Then there are a few states where a human actually takes your information and punches it into the federal system. This is the reason why you have hour+ long delays (and some extreme cases it can take days, my longest was 1.5 days). It is the DMV but for guns. An example of this is NJ and states that do it this way usually intentionally keep it slow.

>Utah
>use state BCI instead of NICS
>CCL = no fees and basically instant

wow nice bait fag
I have lived here in the US all my life and I some times have to wait for days. the last time I bought a pistol and rifle I waited 4 days because of Sunday.
you must be like me and share a name with a criminal or you have a brother that breaks the law.

Attached: Op unmasked.png (858x603, 353K)

>giving out your SSN
i don't think so

I feel like it's worse in Illinois despite having a shorter wait.
>Wait 30 days or longer to get issued a FOID card.
>Still have to wait 72 hours to "cool off" before you can pick up a new gun.
>A new gun that the dealer can't even let you hold, let alone buy, without first confirming the FOID card is still valid.
It's just insulting.

From another thread
>be me
>australian
>inna US
>wanna buy a gun
>look up LGS on map to work out where the nearest store is, Jow Forums always talks about that chain for some reason, must be really good
>can't find any stores near me
>no matter, I'll just find some local gun store then and check them out
>oh wait
>I am an idiot
>go to store
>they don't have the gun I want
>order gun I want online, ship it express to them
>go back next day
>fill out 4473
>store owner asks for my id
>"BUT URRRR AUSTRAAALIAN, YUUU CAN'T BUY A GUN HERE!"
>point to part of 4473 that says I can buy a gun here
>"AAAH AKKAY, WHATVVVVRRR THE AYY TEE EFF SAYES AH GUESS"
>20 minutes of fingerfucking a hi-power later it comes back
>all good
>walk out with gun
>shoot up mosque
True Story

didn't the FOID just get declared unconstitutional?

NICS asks questions like "have you been convicted of X" not "have you done X" if you lie, they'll know. If they don't know, then you're fine

>First thing I get when I Google my name is obituaries.
How much of a pain in the ass will it be when I get my first fun this or next week?

they're fucking dead dude it should be no problem.
op is a unique case, you'll be fine unless you have a criminal history.
happy for you user.

Attached: 1544144316499.jpg (301x299, 20K)

As I understand it the NICS is really a list of prohibited individuals. As long as your name does not match someone who is on the list you should be fine.

If you have a common name (something like Robert Smith) make sure to include your social security number. I have a close friend who has to tell dealers to make sure to report his SSN, since somebody with an identical name is on the NICS list.

As for how long you wait can be, that depends on your state and how how many people are buying a gun that day or that moment.

Yee. Have an upper parts kit coming in the mail, gonna see if there are shops in town who sell stripped lowers or will at least take transfers.

I'm in Houston so I'm assuming as long as some dickhead with my name hasn't done something stupid then it'll go pretty quick.

I have a common last name and always get asked if I'm related to certain people. Heard a different name for every purchase I've done. Knew none of them. Longest I've had to wait is 3 days but that was probably just the store being crowded sat, Sunday who knows, Monday whatever come in and get it. Other two purchases were about a half hr wait maximum

I would honnestly be surprised if you can't find a stripped lower. I can find them easily and I live in NJ. You are going to pay more than online but you should have no trouble finding one.

>I’m a permanent resident
ie: Not a citizen, go back to your shithole country.

You'd be surprised. I called what used to be my go-to range/store and they told me flat out "We don't take lowers". Gonna check out a shop later today that specializes in ARs, hoping they finally have their FFL.