TALL people in combat

I read somewhere that tall people die first during combat. Is there any truth to that or is just an urban legend?

Attached: 1530013617845.jpg (1434x1976, 235K)

Other urls found in this thread:

academic.oup.com/humrep/article/22/11/3002/652125
academic.oup.com/ije/article/36/6/1196/814573
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roberts-Smith
youtube.com/watch?v=RJcO53f3pz0
youtu.be/PIly9gAdYFY
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

IDK if they die first, but they definitely get shot at more

holy shit manlet master race rise up

this is all I could find

academic.oup.com/humrep/article/22/11/3002/652125

I read somewhere that a WW2 US study showed that rural guys around 5'9 had the best chances in combat.

When will this meme die? The average height of a Male in the US is 5'9, of course distributions centered around this height will survive the most.

Lanklets BTFO

Manlets rise up!

Being tall might have been advantageous when combat was fought with spears, but now you just have more surface area to get hit with shrapnel/bullets, stick out of cover more, and present a bigger silhouette on the battlefield.

What? It entirely depends on how the data is analyzed. If they just said "5000 5'9" soldiers survived but only 200 6'3" did, thus being 5'9" is more survivable", you'd be right.
But if they said "70% of 5'9" soldiers survived, while only 40% of 6'3" did, thus being 5'9" is more survivable" then it has merit.

you ignored the ~rural~ 5'9 part
do you even read

James Arnest was 6'7" and in ww2 he was in the USMC. They used to make him jump out of the landing craft first, to see how deep the water was.
Poor guy wanted to be a pilot. But the cutoff was 6'

Attached: James_Arness_Matt_Dillon_Gunsmoke_1974.jpg (736x967, 134K)

cutoff now is 6'2".
he'd still be fucked.

Isn't it even lower for Apache pilots?

Guy is bad at research. He totally overlooks epigenetics:
>[...]more likely to conceive during the early phase of the cycle, when the estrogen/gonadotrophin ratio in women is high. Mammalian (including human) sex ratio is higher when the maternal estrogen level is higher at the time of conception (James, 1996). Hence, couples who have high frequencies of intercourse (such as briefly reunited soldiers on short leaves and their wives) are more likely to conceive sons.

Well women, and especially during WWII perform more work at higher volumes than women during peacetime. This include labor intensive work and long shifts. It's easy to conclude this could lead to a number of epigenetic alterations, and most certainly raises serum testosterone in the general population (which in turn is converted through aromatase to estrogen). There's even precedence in biology for sex selection in utero.

>In their original paper, Trivers and Willard were not yet aware of the biochemical mechanism for the occurrence of biased sex ratios. Eventually, however, Melissa Larson et al. (2001)[3] proposed that a high level of circulating glucose in the mother's bloodstream may favor the survival of male blastocysts.

I'm sure then, by reading this that it's situational. Countries under siege and liable to be experiencing famine would likely have a female biased ratio. Countries not directly under siege and with a greater supply base would work the women who would then eat more and produce more testosterone. We should test this. I know the US should produce more boys with this hypothesis. Who was totally uninvolved in conflicts for the given time period?

Iā€™d believe it. Being rural likely means they grew up hunting and shooting while also performing more manual labor, all of which translate well to the military. The size means they can still be strong, have the proportions to adequately use weapons and material, but not stick out from cover or from their fellow soldiers.

Attached: CA400F19-6A9E-44B2-9F0B-16866B0953AC.jpg (615x615, 39K)

>Isn't it even lower for Apache pilots?
Army has weird requirements like "siting height" and "buttock to knee" length. But tall people are fucked and don't fit.

>epigenetics
A women's gamete is fully formed before birth. It is my understanding that epigenetics can only be passed from father to child. But I could be wrong.

>The Virgin lanklet kraut vs the CHAD ALBION MANLET

>ALBION
Thanks for teaching me a new word fren. My great grandfather was from Albion

According to one study I found, the Dutch Winter Hunger:
academic.oup.com/ije/article/36/6/1196/814573
>We also established that exposure to the famine was not associated with the proportion of boys and girls at birth (sex ratio).

Nah, the Dutch Winter Hunger is actually a pretty good indicator that that's false. Of course it's hard to determine, but epigenetic mutation can occur in utero.

That's discounting the fact that in some scenarios they could play an effect on the mother's fertility, either spontaneously terminating sub-optimal genders or selecting them (perhaps through cascades effects), or both.

Anyways the fetuses held through the worst of it consistently have metabolic disorders from fetal imprinting. Thrifty metabolism, which leads to increased incidences of obesity and heart disease. I'm sure there would be peripheral consequences as well.

Wtf does that have to do with my point?

Basic math. Higher surface area = Higher chance to be hit and AT LEAST disabled and to become a liability

Benjamin "Ben" Roberts-Smith, VC, MG is 67

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ben_Roberts-Smith
>two Anti-Coalition Militia attempted to attack the observation post from a different flank, Roberts-Smith again moved to support and neutralise one of these Militia. Roberts-Smith then realised that the forward edge of the observation post was not secure and made the decision to split the team and take up an exposed position forward of the patrol so he could effectively employ his sniper weapon. Whilst isolated, and in his precarious position, he observed a group of sixteen Anti-Coalition Militia advancing across open ground towards the observation post. Roberts-Smith effectively employed his sniper rifle to stop their advance whilst receiving very accurate small arms fire from another group of Militia to his flank. Roberts-Smith maintained the initiative and ensured that his patrol remained secure by holding this position without support for twenty minutes. He was eventually reinforced by his original team member and together they continued to hold off the Militia advance for a further twenty minutes until offensive air support arrived.[6]

also

>Roberts-Smith identified an insurgent grenadier in the throes of engaging his patrol. Roberts-Smith engaged the insurgent at point-blank range resulting in the death of the insurgent. With the members of his patrol still pinned down by the three enemy machine gun positions, he exposed his own position in order to draw fire away from his patrol, which enabled them to bring fire to bear against the enemy. His actions enabled his Patrol Commander to throw a grenade and silence one of the machine guns. Seizing the advantage, and demonstrating extreme devotion to duty and the most conspicuous gallantry, Roberts-Smith, with a total disregard for his own safety, stormed the enemy position killing the two remaining machine gunners.

He also might've committed a cheeky war crime or two.

Attached: 3674248-3x4-700x933.jpg (700x933, 107K)

Only manlets are drafted/recruited while lanklets stary behind and breed

Attached: 1502325733303.gif (192x144, 3.25M)

He is 6 foot 7, not 67 years old.

Otoh Donno is almost a midget.
>got his VC because he got stuck with carrying the wounded Terp under fire
>shortest guy drew the shortstick

Attached: images (4).jpg (678x452, 39K)

I'd rather be a tall guy than a manlet who gets sent down into VC tunnels
Sadly om probably the latter

height don't matter when the aerial bombings start

or the artillery

or the mortars

>war crime or two
No such thing.

Actually it does.
Pk (probability of kill) is measured in frags/m2, so the bigger your surface area, the more frag you cop.

oh good, only my head got filled with shrapnel, killing me instantly versus most of my torso, killing me instantly

Well it kinds does, more surface area to get hit by shrapnel.

It's plausible but unverifiable. For what it's worth Audie Murphy and Simo Hayha were both manlets.

My platoon's area was lit up like a fireball and everyone's bodyparts roasted as they were blown apart, good thing the short guy died as fast as the tall guy did

Ok, dickweed, if you were a head shorter, both head and body would be unfragged.
>frag doesnt aim for the head
>frag is general so probability is the way to measure

How do you not get this? A fragment that lands an inch above a 5'9" guy is one that would kill a 6' guy. It doesn't matter how small your change of getting hit has increased by, you would still have a larger change than a guy smaller than you.

>In June 2018, a joint ABC-Fairfax investigation detailed an assault on the Afghan village of Darwan in September 2012 during which a handcuffed man was allegedly kicked off a cliff by an Australian special forces soldier codenamed "Leonidas".[13]

Attached: quote-i-do-what-i-do-because-i-believe-in-the-country-that-we-live-in-i-believe-we-are-making-ben-ro (850x400, 89K)

>all people that die from an explosion are completely obliterated
>no one ever dies from a single piece of shrapnel that might have missed them if they were shorter

>frag doesnt aim for the head
>gets in head anyways

buddy if your position is being mortared you're probably dying

Why not just make an army of dwarves then?

Too bad they are willingly importing them into Australian and anyone that speaks out against it is a racist.

>during which a handcuffed man was allegedly kicked off a cliff by an Australian special forces soldier codenamed "Leonidas".[13]
BASED AS FUCK

Attached: 1526827570943.gif (496x204, 945K)

>probably
So do all people who get hit by an explosion get completely obliterated or not? Do you think all people who got hit with shrapnel and survived are lying about it? Is is some sort of grand government conspiracy where doctors insert shrapnel fragments into soldiers bodies?

How can Aussies be so based? Rest of the Commonwealth are massive pussies and faggots.

Attached: 1540312113139.gif (399x369, 37K)

>How can Aussies be so based? Rest of the Commonwealth are massive pussies and faggots.
Aren't you guys gonna lose lever-actions in the next decade?

>an ongoing Inspector-General of the Australian Defence Force inquiry into criminal misconduct on the battlefield by Australian special forces. Responding to the coverage in an interview with The Australian, Roberts-Smith described the scrutiny as "un-Australian".[12]

There are two options, you either support Roberts-Smith and his methods of defending this country or you are un-Australian.

Attached: Ben-Roberts-Smith-AM-Wicked-5.jpg (632x380, 68K)

You mean "rapid-fire" "high-capacity" lever-actions?

Attached: 0070817_0144709.jpg (1600x900, 81K)

Rural men have much more experience with firearms, hunting and hiking. Thus, rural men make better soldiers than urban men.

>Rural men have much more experience with firearms, hunting and hiking.
Rural men probably like to think of themselves as an outdoorsman. But really, they just drive everywhere, eat shitty food and watch tv.

Attached: obesitygrpagic.jpg (698x518, 49K)

>The average height of a Male in the US is 5'9
What year was this?

Perhaps now, but not during WW2.

>Study shows that on average the average man makes it

And what's that got to do what I said? Fuck it, let's go over everything. Nothing I said has anything to do with rural or not.
I was replying to .
He says the conclusion that 5'9" soldiers survive more isn't valid because it aligns with the average height.
I only said that how the height data was analyzed makes a difference. If the data is collected and analyzed correctly, that can be accounted for.
This goes for Rural vs Urban as well. If they you properly control for Urban vs Rural, when analyising height related survivability, you can still draw valid conclusions.
There might actually be real problems with the methodology, but they haven't been identified. Happening to align with the average height isn't proof that there are problems. Maybe that just happen so to be the ideal height. Or maybe its causal - everything is built assuming an average height, so average people can utilize equipment and trenches and vehicles best leading to higher survival rates. Or maybe the study IS flawed. But his argument against it isn't valid as presented.
It was the average for enlisting soldiers in WW2. Iirc its only 0.5 to 1" more for White Men now.

>How do you not get this?
It's called "stubborn ignorance", where the subject is resistant to learning any uncomfortable fact.

And thats going across the 'shallow end' of the dive pool.
Madcunt would then change and go end-to-end, walking the plate across the bottom as far as he could on each breath, pop up, breathe, drop down and pickup the plate...

>ruins guns for kiwi's
>can barely own guns as it is
>best known for shitposting and terrible climate/animals
yeah truly based

>ruins guns
dead you even read his doc?

>ruins guns
They ruined it for themselves. Spineless faggots.

Except actually looking at all our war records proves everyone else except for Britain and India to be far less prone to retreat and far more effective in general. But by all means keep drunkenly yelling "Best soljas of the comenwealth both world wars" like that means anything beyond getting America's dick hard for you to suck some more.

kek

shut the fuck up, cunt. this is how amerniggers treat their heroes.

Attached: 1554071341526.jpg (1513x1103, 342K)

oh my god look at that cat it's so fucking cute, it even has one of those army hats

Attached: That+half+dragonhalf+human+child+is+adorable+_99fcbb710d940daad46a22d678fe421b.jpg (191x234, 6K)

i hear the sbs spec ops groups were all big men nothing smaller then 6ft tall

actually it does if your a small guy and ther's a small rock you can easily hide but if youa re a big guy and there's a small rick it will be hard for you to hide

yeah being small sucks but battle and war being small does help. imagine you and your buddy the big guy gets shot you can't carry him back but your a small guy the big guy can carry you back

before the war on terror zero buses blew up after the war on terror buses are starting to blow up

where is the logic?

youtube.com/watch?v=RJcO53f3pz0

>Lanklet Cope

>Dutch Winter Hunger

Damned Germans.

Attached: Union and Confederate Cavalry.jpg (832x909, 204K)

I'm 6'1 and didn't even get a scratch.

All my wounds are mental and emotional.

Attached: headphones doggo.gif (300x169, 1011K)

>tfw 6ā€™6ā€ 230 lbs
Fuck combat I love flexing on these hoes

Back in the day of phalanx waefare the tall guys were put front and center. In Napoleonic war they were made into cavalry.

In the modern era it doesn't matter so much.

Imagine being a 5'4 Jap and seeing this mother fucking giant storm towards you

I'm praying that Trump instantly pardons them if they do get convicted

Shorter people are also a lot more scrappy and tougher than tall people

>doesnt realize soldiers fucked their way accross europe in ww2
edgey. dumb faggot. shut up you rube.

it would be great and hard to miss

Ask him...

youtu.be/PIly9gAdYFY

>be glorious nz ANAC troops
>on average a foot taller than the rest of the common wealth
>on average 20kg more muscle mass
>faster
>know how to be affective with a gun from liveing/hunting in a frontier society
>get used as shock troops against the germans
>kick kraut ass on the front lines
>die first while the weak poms piss themselves in their tanks and trenches

Attached: 1545520458230.png (687x768, 229K)

>people who grew up in the depression are slightly shorter than they are now
How could this be??