Think i'm going to buy a 4" .357 windicator tomorrow. $300 plus tax

think i'm going to buy a 4" .357 windicator tomorrow. $300 plus tax

why not, right?

Attached: 641466_ts.jpg (385x385, 12K)

Other urls found in this thread:

frankonia.de/p/hermann-weihrauch-revolver-gmbh/revolver-arminius-hw-357-hunter/91019?lastSelected=f_s_marke&f_s_kaliber=.357 Mag.&sortOption=price_asc&f_s_marke=Hermann Weihrauch Revolver GmbH&navCategoryId=63352
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10
thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/
youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0
youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM
youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8
gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4
youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E
youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0
youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y
youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPtP-KDNk
youtube.com/watch?v=VuO34MDezzU
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

be like nike and just do it

Get a Taurus faggot

66?

I will give you one reason.

Revolvers may have a very simple user interface, but the actual nuts and bolts of how they operate are actually pretty complex. In particular, the mechanical function of rotating and aligning the cylinder with the barrel, then fixing it firmly in place for each shot. It can be achieved on an inexpensive gun to be sure, but the devil is in making it both sturdy enough to withstand repeat recoil stress and polished enough to have a good consistent trigger pull. You can have it cheap, durable or smooth but not all three.

The question becomes what exactly you are sacrificing for that low price. Is it long-term durability? Will the gun begin to go out of time and shave lead after a year or two? Can you actually shoot full-power .357 loads out of it on a consistent basis without it dying prematurely? Or is it the feel? Have you compared it side by side with another revolver?

The design of the Windicator goes back a long time to the old Arminius revolvers made in West Germany from the 1960s onward. These never had a very good reputation, something on par with RG but perhaps times have changed (I do not have any first-hand experience with their current products). I would expect given the price point and this gun not coming from a country where labor is cheap, very little finishing is put into the product so it will be kind of rough and loose from the get-go, which will progressively get worse over time.

At $300 that may be acceptable. Perhaps you don't intend to shoot it much and it just fills a revolver slot on your collection. In that case however, I question why not spend a little more on something more storied like a PD trade-in S&W Model 10 or more durable like a Ruger Security Six, both of which are quite abundant on the secondhand market.

Ha, listen to this faggot say words!

>RG
Rohm? Didn't think they still made guns.

They kind of do and don't. The parent company sold their firearms manufacturing division to Umarex. When you see those shitty .22LR knockoffs and consider that they are made by the same people who made RGs back in ye olden times it all starts to make sense.

They also make a lot of blank-firing "alarm" and for the European market where such things have a more accessible legal status.

Are they shitty? I have a Model 66 my grandfather gave me when he visited, and aside from a little rust and a few wear marks it shoots fine. What's the life expectancy on it?

they are Made in Germany so they good to go we get them in Germany under the Name ``Hermann Weihrauch Revolver´´

frankonia.de/p/hermann-weihrauch-revolver-gmbh/revolver-arminius-hw-357-hunter/91019?lastSelected=f_s_marke&f_s_kaliber=.357 Mag.&sortOption=price_asc&f_s_marke=Hermann Weihrauch Revolver GmbH&navCategoryId=63352

but don´t exept marksman precision they are some kind of rough made

too long, didn't read LOL

I would save up a little more and get a ruger or s&w personally. EAA puts out good cz clones but making a revolver that makes a profit being sold at $300 after being imported is suspect as fuck.

theyre supposedly all right guns.
eaa is better than taurus

assuming you don't want to spend money on some gucci revolver follow this advice

Old S&W > New Ruger > New S&W >>>>>>> everything else

>why not, right?
Yeah a bargain basement 357...what could possibly go wrong?

Poor people are usually poor for a reason.

Don't do it bro. Buy some old world quality for around the same monies.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Smith_&_Wesson_Model_10

thesurvivalistblog.net/smith-and-wesson-model-10-review/

youtube.com/watch?v=lGcr5JsYcW0

youtube.com/watch?v=jsqKeQhobOM

youtube.com/watch?v=WyuWY3NU3e8

gunbroker.com/Revolvers/search?PageSize=96&Sort=4&View=1&mfg=1000259&mo=3001877&Condition=4

www.thesixgunjournal.net/a-revolver-buyers-checklist/

youtube.com/watch?v=X1nu5SWdV4E

youtube.com/watch?v=CEHtRkyTe-0

Attached: 51195.jpg (3226x1869, 1.02M)

The model 10 is 38 only isn’t it? OP is looking for a 357

38 is plenty of dakka bro. Buying a cheap 357 is a bad idea. And you're basically fucked on parts/service if you buy that piece of junk.

also 357 is a meme in current year.
youtube.com/watch?v=T6kUvi72s0Y

>357 is a meme in current year
Maybe to carry, but it's the most fun magnum to shoot.

EAA might have better CZ clones, but their revolvers suck ass and SCREECH every DA trigger pull, I asked the shop guy if they all did this and he was like “Lol yeah”.

Into the trash it goes.

>.357 is a meme
B-but muh Rick Grimes Python!

>it's the most fun magnum to shoot.

.44mag is best mag.

.500 S&W Magnum or go home manlet faggot

Is there such a thing as a blued pre-lock half lug 500S&W?

Attached: Mod. 29 .44 011.jpg (2816x2112, 861K)

Dunno about the rest of the gun, but I was not impressed seeing the finishing on one of the 2'' barrel versions. It looked like someone shortened it just by taking a band saw to one with a longer barrel.

That's exactly what they do. Same thing with the RIA snubs. They can't import them as 2"ers so they import them as 4 and cut them here.

Don't buy this ugly POS.

Go on the used market and look for a decent Smith or Ruger. I see GP-100s on Armslist for not much more than $300 sometimes.

If you can settle for a .38, there's lots of great used options from Smith and Wesson that won't break the bank.

I bought pic related for $200, it will still be shooting long after your Windicator becomes a paperweight.

Based Model 10 autist.

Attached: 20180421_132855.jpg (2576x1932, 3.86M)

This is very good advice.

Attached: 20190418_111607.jpg (2576x1932, 1.7M)

>Trooper Mark III

Do you shoot that one a lot? The Mark IIIs were infamous for having problems over the long term because of sintered internals. If you've ever heard dumb fudds bitching about >muh MIM, that's the reason. MIM is fine today as long as it's coming from a decent company/subcontractor, but it was really hit or miss in its infancy as a technology.

I acquired it about a month ago and have only put one box of shells through it. It doesn't look like the previous owner shot it very much at all.

I know they have a dubious long term reputation but I got a good deal on it and always wanted one. It's smooth as hell and is really nice to look at. I probably won't be shooting it a ton, if I'm honest. I hear these are pretty helliah to work on.

Attached: 20190405_175736.jpg (2576x1932, 3.03M)

I've almost bought an older Colt several times and I always end up passing because while I can service anything but a major component failure on a S&W if anything is or goes wrong with a Colt I'd be paying for a gunsmith...

You are a retarded shill, I'll bet money the youtube link you just linked is the non-MFT projectiles not causing some specific effect while still providing MASSIVE IMPROVEMENTS ON VOLUME OF TISSUE DAMAGE IN BOTH SIMULATED AND REAL TARGETS

You're a fucking meme, bud.

>.38 is enough
muh fbi standard penetration! too bad the wounding mechanism in 90% of takedowns by civilians and police is bleedout causing shock, not magic cns shots or heartshots and .357 will cause both a larger(wider and far deeper) temporary wound cavity and permanent wound cavity even if the entire temporary wound cavity doesn't turn to shit

.38 will stop inside you, hot .357 will blow a hole in you like a fucking hollywood movie.

lol boomers who didn't even watch the video.

357 was the shit back in the heyday of the revolver in its' original role as the uber cop gun because bullet tech is not what it is today and that extra velocity was key to getting both adequate penetration and expansion. Bullet tech today has given us 38 rounds that can achieve adequate penetration even out of snubs.The meme of MUH NUMBERS will outlive me though I'm sure and insecure faggots who shop more than they shoot will continue to purchase a feeling of adequacy instead of acquiring one through actually building skill through practice.

>MUH NUMBERS
>.357 vs .38
>just got here a few days ago and found out that all standard rounds are about the same
>don't realize magnum rounds literally cause exit wounds when loaded right
>same thing lmao modern technology has hotrodded the shit out of .38
>what u mean bullets four times as heavy going faster does more damage which causes them to bleed out faster u fucking boomer idiot fuddlore shit
>never heard of Xtreme Meme ammo
>literally a boomer that's debating expanding ammo, which is obsolete
If you're really this stupid, that's your business. If you're just trolling, virtually nobody is stupid enough to listen to you.

.357 was literally developed for highway patrol because they needed a bullet that would still be lethal after going through a car door, you fucking moron.

>what u mean bullets four times as heavy going faster does more damage

Just more penetration. Until you hit the 2200ish FPS mark there is no remote wounding.

>never heard of Xtreme Meme ammo
New kid on the block that has promise to unseat traditional JHPs forever but has, as yet, not achieved the market penetration and level of testing necessary to justify the extra cost for the average dude over more traditional, widely available and proven rounds.

>.357 was literally developed for highway patrol because they needed a bullet that would still be lethal after going through a car door, you fucking moron. I did mention penetration bro. And please remember a cops job has different mission requirements than your average CCW holder. Also old school cars were steel and modern shits are aluminum. 38spl is plenty for all non-larping uses.

>just more penetration
>just a greater volume of damage to the tissue which will bring down the assailant faster
>r-remote w-wounding
All guns wound remotely, dipshit, I'm here and you're over there.

Attached: 1545234015260.jpg (500x378, 26K)

>I'm here and you're over there.

Attached: 16803558.jpg (491x276, 22K)

>it's because bullets used to suck so if you didn't load the case that heavy it wouldn't adequately penetrate and expand
>no you dumbfuck the cartridge was designed to be barrier blind
>exactly, I mentioned penetration

Attached: 36188792_10160269428016337_2586110528883523584_n.jpg (960x540, 52K)

>not achieved the market penetration and level of testing necessary to justify the extra cost
Oh, you're not pretending to be retarded. I'm sorry for your parents.

The only reason 357 has a bigger case is so that it couldn't be chambered in 38spl guns. It's literally just a higher pressure 38spl. 38spl was a black powder round so when smokeless took over autists like Elmer Keith were like "well shucks let's fill this here case up and see who she goes". Then he goes to the gun/ammo companies and says "look a here at this thing" and the gun companies got "holy fuck genius we can sell entire replacement inventories to every fucking LEO in the country let me suck your penis" And here we are.

Attached: 1539743085276.jpg (370x300, 36K)

The case is that big because the original duty loading completely filled it, brainlet. So do the hottest loadings today.

Do it, boi

>autists like elmer keith
You googled just hard enough to sound stupid, or you have a bad relationship with your father or grandfather.

Attached: DY-08k1UQAAYaKn.png (956x704, 974K)

>t. never read Elmer Keith's books

Many such cases. Sad.

Attached: Elmer Keith-1.jpg (900x484, 54K)

>you said something absolutely retarded
>yes, well, completely ignoring that, what about the case size

Attached: 1542674255707.jpg (200x249, 10K)

>Just more penetration. Until you hit the 2200ish FPS mark there is no remote wounding.
hes right you know

No.

And no handguns can completely obliterate a human body the way artillery or a grenade can, so you really might as well carry whatever has the highest capacity.

Attached: 100_2681.jpg (2048x1536, 641K)

I look forward to seeing your post every revolver thread, thank you based model 10 poster

>Actually, sir, I have more money than sense.
>Oh, you're not pretending to be retarded. I'm sorry for your parents.
Your peashooter doesn't compare to a .357, whether you like it or not. You think "bare minimum" means "good enough."
>XD's amount of testing on live game
>this one youtube video based on federal's tests designed to sell their own ammo

Attached: 1555014105632.jpg (671x1192, 101K)

Remote wounding fags seething

Attached: 1534566064588.jpg (800x598, 120K)

lol stay mad faggot.

Attached: 1518127295418.png (600x700, 386K)

Attached: 1551751538170.jpg (480x466, 39K)

>New kid on the block that has promise to unseat traditional JHPs forever but has, as yet, not achieved the market penetration and level of testing necessary to justify the extra cost for the average dude over more traditional, widely available and proven rounds.
Do people actually think this? The future is now, old man.

Don't. I have one, and actual .357 will cause the cylinder to lock up. Fully regret not spending extra and getting a Ruger.

I'm closer to pic related except I'm more self aware about my larping faggot status. I do edc a G19 though so I'm not completely delusional in my fixation on spinbois.

Attached: Geoffrey Boothroyd.jpg (650x943, 76K)

Can you go into your LGS and buy meme rounds off the shelf? Because I can't. Can you list the LEO/mill units that have officially adopted meme rounds?

>mechanically complex machine made in country with high labor cost
>somehow only costs $300
>after both the importer and manufacturer making enough money off it to be a financially viable business
Take a second to think about that.

Are you currently shitposting on the internet by having access to it? Is your life not worth waiting on shipping, you fucking moron? You're arguing they suck because they're new?
>hurr muh g19
So you larp as a guy who needs continuity of fire when really you just need a sufficient gun that causes REMOTE WOUNDING like a .380 loaded with XD

Fucking worthless boomers, no wonder you jerk off about which obsolete gun is the best

>remote wounding
We've been over this, if it doesn't cause remote concussive obliteration there's no point carrying it. Even rifles can't do that. Just carry for capacity; I ordered a mk iv as soon as I saw the study here . pretty conclusive stuff, really.

I'm literally arguing that 357 is obsolete in current year because handguns are incapable of remote wounding(all they do is punch holes). It's like we're having two different conversations.

Fucking... this. Seems a little obvious. You have 6-7 rounds, END OF STORY, are you going for good enough or better?

Attached: 1550251322742.jpg (1024x681, 95K)

Define better. I think faster follow up shots is better than over penetration.

except XD can and does, and you're a just perpetuating fuddlore based on your senile interpretation of a youtube fucking video. you're stuck in the past, rationalize it however you like.

9mm is fucking obsolete in current day because you don't need something that hot for XD to exhibit "remote wounding" so why the fuck would you want all that recoil

that dumbfuck's "remote obliteration" argument makes just as much sense as yours; .357 absolutely packs more punch, and as long as you're using antequated rounds that rely on bleedout for incapacitation why the fuck wouldn't you want more punch

the only reason you would carry anything other than .380 with XD in current day is bullshit fuddlore

Those xds do better the faster they go. Peak would be their 357sig load followed by the 9m+p+ and so on down the line.

Oh or that one faggot who max loads his 9x25 dillon lol.

Attached: spam.png (830x781, 32K)

>criminals go down when shot
And you probably do too, so you'd better do the most damage with your first shot that you can so he bleeds out before he can execute you.

desu i'm just using his "good enough" logic against him, famalamadonger. shit's dumb. carrying a revolver is dumb, carrying a weak one is retarded.

fucking wordfilter, i said teebeehaych

>blocks your path

Attached: 45coltxd__64438.1483736467.1280.1280-1.png (1280x720, 306K)

getting my mark 4 now

>all they do is punch holes
>of differing sizes

>>of differing sizes
>based on expanded bullet diameter not velocity

>he literally doesn't know what depth is
Incredible.

Attached: 1547912595736.gif (260x291, 2.6M)

you are quite literally not thinking three dimensionally

The objective standard for handgun effectiveness of JHP bullet technology is FBI standard penetration. If your round meets that criteria it is of equal effectiveness to any other round that also achieves it(caveat that a larger diameter bullet is more effective than a smaller one). You can claim that penetration over and above FBI standard has a benefit for engaging humans but that's like your opinion man.

9mm is king of the world due to capacity. 38spl is more than enough in a spinboi. 357 is an archaic dinosaur round for fudds and boomers to meme about. Deal with it.

>You can claim that penetration over and above FBI standard has a benefit for engaging humans but that's like your opinion man.
It's absolutely not.
>youtube.com/watch?v=wXwPtP-KDNk
You are literally claiming that bleedout doesn't cause incapacitation right now.

RIP Major, you'd burn down parliament yourself if you saw the state of Britain's gun laws today.

I'm literally claiming that penetration over fbi standard isn't important or the fbi standard wouldn't be the standard.

youtube.com/watch?v=VuO34MDezzU

Right, you're literally claiming that bleedout doesn't cause incapacitation. You think damaging more cubic inches of flesh to release more blood and lower blood pressure faster "doesn't matter." You're literally retarded.

I just bought on in 2". haven't shot it yet

nearly every single owner was surprised at the value/cost

holding one in real life, it's a big heavy piece of steel with a sharp uncrowned barrel. single action trigger is nice, double action kinda sucks

barrel shroud is zinc though, so dont expect your 300 dollar dickshooter to stay pretty

i would say buy it. i bought mine to try a 'real' snub nosed revolver and if I like it I will probably look into some more expensive american wheelguns

p.s. any of you faggots wanna reccomend a chunkster .357? I already have a cc and a hunting pistol so this would be at best a car gun and at worst a fun toy

Unfortunately one stupid asshole turned this into a thread about how .357 is obsolete because, while using obsolete ammo, it doesn't cause the type of damage rifle rounds do

So your claim is that penetration to FBI standard is incapable of making someone bleed to death so if you don't carry a 357 it's impossible to kill a human being with a handgun?

>357 is an archaic dinosaur

It's younger than 38spl and was designed because 38spl was in fact not more than enough in a spinboi

Don’t buy garbage OP. Get a smith.

Attached: 877A1593-BA14-4915-9EED-F35878DB33C5.jpg (3752x2816, 2.29M)

My case is that 357 is obsolete because rounds with less recoil are more than adequate for self defense and faster follow up shots is more important than penetration above and beyond fbi standard. 357 is still a gun bro but it's not a magic fucking bullet.

>literally
>literally
>literally
>literally
Can y'all neck yourselves already

>was designed because 38spl was in fact not more than enough in a spinboi

With the bullet technology of the day you are correct. In current year you are wrong and that's my entire case in a nutshell. The future is now and fuddlore lives on about mystical properties the 357 doesn't have.

I'm not strawmanning you, you're actually saying
>greater volume of flesh damage does not incapacitate faster by virtue of increasing the rate of bleedout
>I know this because the FBI, who were ONLY concerned with killing criminals who had the drop on them and no other factors whatsoever, decided that there's no increased lethality
it's not as if they decided
>based on a series of severely botched shootings, the bare minimum depth to reach vitals if shots are on target, and the dangerous amount of penetration when you might have an agent or civilians on the other side of the target
>meanwhile in all but the worst states the criminal who forces you to shoot is liable for overpenetration damage if the homicide is found to be justifiable
That is your actual claim, word for word. Meanwhile I didn't say anything remotely like what you said, and I called .38spl "the bare minimum" which sort of suggests, or implies, or directly fucking states that it's sufficient for killing someone.
You get to choose, for the 6 shots you have, when some dude comes up and asks you for the time and then grabs at you, what gun you have. Choose more wisely, and don't choose based on the discrepancy between rifle rounds and handgun rounds.
>magic fucking bullet
Nobody said it is, you're so fucking stupid you think it's good enough based on what some fucking gov spooks want in a duty round.

This guy said it pretty fucking well, and I'm done interacting with your stupid ass

>you think it's good enough based on what some fucking gov spooks and LEOs who's only job is to go home after their shift have learned through objective testing on the street is effective

Correct.

Could be less wordy.
>you want a super retard proof durable 357
>Security Six/Speed/Service Six
>DA pull takes some practice

>plane Jane 38 that werks and can be had for cheap
>Model 10, 64, or 15 if you can find it for cheap

Check ArmsList or local pawn shops for a good deal and learn how to inspect a wheel boi.

>The future is now and fuddlore lives on
holy shit look at the self awareness on this guy. >some old fudds that don't have access to modern technology
checked the fuck out retard

Attached: 1552622817836.jpg (720x405, 33K)

Do the hottest .357 loads out of a 4" barrel (like a Combat Magnum) wind up getting even close to rifle or PCC performance, or is that a fool's errand?

The juries in my state look...poorly on carrying .44Mags even though it's legal.