Do range officers typically kick you out or call the cops if you bring a non-compliant firearm to the range?

Do range officers typically kick you out or call the cops if you bring a non-compliant firearm to the range?

Attached: 1543379883839.jpg (438x279, 9K)

Other urls found in this thread:

tribeshillfishandgame.com/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

CA RSO here. We may inform them that the rifle is non-compliant if its blatantly obvious. One time right after a law change, some asshole cop was staked out at our range looking to bust people for violations. We threw his ass out.

Try it and let us know what happens OP

>We threw his ass out.
why are you lying on the internet

I can confirm. I was at my local range and they kindly informed a man that his gun was not in compliance. They also stated that they would happily sell and install for free the parts to bring his rifle into compliance. They said that would not report his non compliance but asked that he respect laws on their property for the safety and enjoyment of others. He seemed confused and they got him set up. Everyone was happy in the end. We I know it's sucks and is gay etc.

cops can't just hang out on private property to stake out people.

Not him but I have seen it. Ranges will nicely ask you to leave and then not so nicely. No one wants the doj poking around go to BLM for that.

I dont think black lives matters is friendly to the DOJ

is the DOJ friendly to BLM?

Bureau of land management

i know just shitposting

This, why does no one know about the freedom forest?

Many states in the east don't have Federal land, for example NY has virtually none but Nevada and california is literally majority of Federal land.

BLM is basically a west coast thing only

Attached: Guide-to-Free-Camping-on-Bureau-of-Land-Management-BLM-Land.png (1200x765, 216K)

Most RSOs come from some of the most freedom loving people to start with (unfortunately the job also tends to make them believe that some level of gun control should exist). Most of the time they will just inform you that your gun is not in compliance, occasionally ask you not to bring said gun to the range (to protect the range) or to bring that gun into compliance (often offering to sell you the parts/service to do so).
I have not heard of a RSO turning someone into the police. I would think that would be a great way to kill a range if it got the reputation of turning in it patrons to the police.

Depends on the range. I've been to ones in both CA and NY where nobody gave a rat's ass. I was shooting my shotgun at a rural outdoor range in upstate NY not too long ago, and the only company I had was a dude teaching his girlfriend to shoot his clearly noncompliant AR and AK - everybody in upstate has stuff like that, and nobody cares. At my old range in the SF Bay Area, people shot noncompliant stuff all the time, and the ROs never said a word. They had rules against steel case ammo and FMJ rifle rounds, and they'd toss you out on your ass if you shot a single round of ammo they didn't like, but you could sit there all day shooting your noncompliant assault rifle just so long as it was all soft-tip brass case. Two local police departments used that place as their practice range too, and nobody ever said anything.

That said, there *was* another local gun shop/indoor range in the Bay Area that called the DOJ on a guy who showed up with an AK pistol. If any of you recall the thread I posted a while back about the LGS that had up pro-antifa posters, it's the same place. It caused quite a reaction on Calguns, and a lot of people swore they'd never have anything to do with the place again after that.

So the long story short is, keep everything legal your first few trips to a range in a ban state, see what everybody else is shooting, and if a lot of other people aren't complying, you can probably feel safe doing so too.

Asked him to leave then. He left without incident

Was either one of these the Sunnyvale Rod & Gun Club...?

NY fag here-

I go to ranges in several western & upstate counties, & noncompliant....everything...is commonplace. In one case in particular, the county refuses to recognize or enforce the SAFE Act on either enforcement or prosecutorial grounds, so you'll walk in on any given day & see everything shy of NFA shit. The only county I've been to where I've seen forced compliance at a range was Erie County.

Attached: 1554609892058.jpg (1280x720, 105K)

>Oi lad, ya canna jus tell the constables to leave private property without a "leave private property" loicense

Yeah no.

I live in NJ but shoot in PA because the local ranges are absolute shit, and there is no doubt that they would call the police the moment i stepped inside if my stock could collapse or they didn't live the size of my magazine (its a pinned 30 round mag to 10)

god bless PA anons, the first day i stepped on the public range the brass jew looked at my license plates, looked at my gun, and smiled.

>CAfag
>bring non-comp AR pistol to private range
>guy next to me says “that looks a little short”
>nothing happens
Versus
>bring compliant rifle to public range
>accidentally fire twice in a second
>RO comes to inspect my rifle to make sure it’s not automatic and bitches me out for violating no rapid fire rule

Nobody gives a shit on private ranges unless you are doing something that flagrantly puts them or the range at risk.

Any good places to check out around the Albany Rensselaer Saratoga region? Only just getting everything together and need a place to shoot.

No, and I'm not going to say which it was here.

tribeshillfishandgame.com/

No I live in Kentucky and have access to Knob Creek.

do you not know how private property works?

Faggot

>local gun shop/indoor range in the Bay Area that called the DOJ on a guy who showed up with an AK pistol
this sounds like Guns Fishing and Other Stuff in Dublin

Cops cannot stake out on private property unless they're looking for a specific person they know for a fact is on the premises at that moment.

>asked to respect the laws on their property
And that's what it boils down to; they just dont want their business being associated with evading law. They're not out to get you or anything, just trying to keep their own noses clean.
Needless to say going full retard and calling the cops wouldnt be that good for business.

>Former RSO at private range
I have never thrown any one out for a non-complaint firearm. Safety violations, having too many guests, and not following the ammo guidelines will get you thrown out. Not following the ammo guidelines will also likely get your membership taken away depending on the season.

>this sounds like Guns Fishing and Other Stuff in Dublin

Attached: 323B4C31-1FFD-41FF-88A0-A6CF85F93758.jpg (450x450, 183K)

You are awesome thanks.

You can camp in the US Forests too.

I guess the few funs owners in no fun states just don't give a fuck since the state is already trying to fuck them as is

I’m in the same boat, njfag who shoots in PA. Theoretically could an out of state resident purchase high capacity mags in PA? Of course I would never do anything like that but it’s a question I’ve had for a while.

technically its completely legal as long as it never enters NJ (cough cough)

although some places wont sell it to you because they know what you hypothecially could do

I've seen people in California with SBRs and the RSOs just look the other way. Unless you're doing someone that places the safety of others in jeopardy (e.g. flagging the line), you'll just be ignored. No one cares.

Funny enough, back in the bullet button days, everyone I saw was in compliance. Now it's just a joke. I'd guess maybe two-thirds of all the ARs are compliant now.

>getting ID'd while buying mags
East coast living must be the worst

Neither of them are the Sunnyvale Rod & Gun club; SR&G does not prohibit steel case or FMJ rifle rounds, and they are an outdoor range only.

One of my range buddies says that he saw a dude shooting a fully featured AK-74 with 30-round bakelites and nobody really gave a shit, but all the times I went, people's ARs were largely cucked with featureless stocks or maglocks. It just isn't worth tempting fate and showing up on a day with the Stasi or a snitch there, just to use an AK/AR as designed.

>you're free to camp anywhere you like
>a couple miles out in the fucking ocean

>depending on the season
Can you elaborate?

This is CA he was talking about, do you think they care?

Is there a fellow RSO at your range named Stephen?

kek i live 15 minutes away

Maybe. I'll never tell you glownigger

I was just thinking this. You need to show Id to buy a mag? Fuck. Never been carded for magazines of ammo. Maine here.

>what is the civil right act
hint the fact that he's a cop doesn't matter

Not when they burn and loot their own neighborhoods, No the DOJ is not friendly to BLM

Not if you live in ultra based™ Maine.

>Maine has no BLM land

Huh. Well, I'll be fucked.

The Vacaville one seems fine; now I'm a little worried.